The Fabulous ONE Thread - Aug. 29 - Sept. 4 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 02:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Fingers crossed for you, MommyMatsumoto

BarefootScientist, I'm sad to see you go too and I didn't see anything wrong with what you posted. I was under the impression that this was also a place for information sharing, and just because the information you were aware of conflicted with another poster's source does not make you rude.

Back into my cave. I'm only on CD 7. Hoping it doesn't take me until CD 45 to ovulate again, but I probably won't have much to report for a while. Depending on which hurricanes hit where DH might get called away for storm work too, so that could put a damper on things for a bit.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
#122 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post
Fingers crossed for you, MommyMatsumoto

BarefootScientist, I'm sad to see you go too and I didn't see anything wrong with what you posted. I was under the impression that this was also a place for information sharing, and just because the information you were aware of conflicted with another poster's source does not make you rude.
:

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#123 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 03:09 PM

Can I join in? I'm currently Waiting To O.

I'm on CD11 and on day 2 of EWCM. We did the BD last night without WD!!! I haven't been temping, but plan on starting tomorrow in hopes that I can still catch when I actually O. Do you think I'll be able to figure it out temping this late in my cycle?

This will make baby #3 for us. So excited (and a little nervous) to be TTC!!! Can't believe I'm actually here! Here's hoping for a successful cycle for all of us!
#124 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
for the record- i didnt say she was rude because i disagreed with her, or her information was different than mine. i said she was rude because of the way she attacked my post, when all i did was present information to someone who it could help. and she jumped all over it with:

"Where is this info from? I kinda think it's not great info, honestly."

"if you're good with possibly wasting a cycle for the possibility, based solely on anecdotal evidence, of conceiving a girl, then cool" (BTW this is not what the original poster was trying to do, nor what i suggested)

if you are all so supportive of scientific information....than why am i the one being chastised here? i provided links to studies, and the original info was from a bored like this one discussing those studies.

i realy hope you can all understand that i called her rude because of how she attacked my post, not what she said.....

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#125 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 04:27 PM

too bad too...im so over it. bummer cuz i really liked this bored..to bad i no longer feel welcome....because i got jumped on then defended my self and my post, in a very civilized way.

rude was not a word i should have used and i apologize. in the future i will source everything that is not opinion.

BarefootScientist- PM

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#126 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
too bad too...im so over it. bummer cuz i really liked this bored..to bad i no longer feel welcome....because i got jumped on then defended my self and my post, in a very civilized way.

rude was not a word i should have used and i apologize. in the future i will source everything that is not opinion.

BarefootScientist- PM
I'd be sad to see you leave, V. I'm awaiting your BFP with baited breath!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#127 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 05:07 PM

Well if anyone wants to symptom watch too...7 dpo annnnnd nausea! I know I know it's technically the peak of after ovulation progesterone and nausea is quite common...but LOL it's all I got right now. Normally I relax a bit, but I want to obsess this month

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#128 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 05:22 PM

My temp dropped this morning...not sure what to think. For now I'm going with a general huh, let's see tomorrow...but I'm concerned. This has been a really stressful week for me, so it wouldn't have been shocking if my cycle was disturbed....Yet, all the signs were so perfectly lining up! Now I'm not convinced I O'd after all--that's a huuuge dip below coverline. Anyone want to take a look and speculate with me?
(Here's my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a28c4)

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#129 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 05:34 PM

So I am brushing my teeth this morning and I had some blood when I spit. That never happens to me? It was tender on that side of my mouth for a couple of days so it could be something else?
My nipples and breasts are very tender. I was thinking that maybe I have a yeast infection on my nipples. I think it is too early for symptoms right? I don't even know when I O'd this month.
Oh and about a wk ago (I forgot) I had a liner in my underwear because we BD and well...its cleaner. When I went to take it out there was brown around the edges of it. Like it came out in CM and went out a bit. GWIM?
Ok yes, I am really looking for stuff. I am not supposed to start until around the 13th. I get so impatient!
So these things could mean something or they could all be something else. Can you tell I am incredibly impatient? lol
#130 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 05:41 PM

Vivica2... Just because some of us are posting messages to BarefootScientist asking her to stay, does not mean we are taking sides against you. There's nothing wrong with a little debate, or disagreement. We all enjoy the socialization and, I think many of us also enjoy the chance to learn something new. Listening to one anothers points of view, is a terrific way to keep ourselves from going crazy concentrating solely on that BFP!
(Not to mention a good argument can sometimes cause us to rethink our current position.)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#131 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Oh no! Thats all I could think when I saw this unfurl. I tried my best to ignore it, like it never happened. Thats what I think we should all do. So from this point on, this never happened. OK?

You are both great ladies and I want you to stick around.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#132 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
OUtsideofthebox and jojo, those are very promising signs. Fingers crossed and all.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#133 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Again, I did not mean anything I said to be an attack and I'm really sorry I said anything at all. And again, I am not leaving the thread because of this. I really was planning to leave anyway for the reasons I mentioned. And if anyone should leave because of it would be me anyway, not you vivica, you have been here longer and I just popped in last month and stuck my foot in my mouth. I'm sorry.

I really did not mean to cause trouble, and I hope there are no hard feelings here.

I'll be around until tomorrow, but then I'm going camping for the weekend, and when I come back I won't be subscribing to next week's thread.

BABYDUST TO ALL!

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#134 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outsideofthebox View Post
For the past 6 months when AF comes, there is brown for 3-5 days before the red comes. So when do I start? The beginning of the brown or red?
According to the NFP method I use (Creighton Model FertilityCare System) if there are two or less days of brown spotting then the first day of spotting is considered the first day of menstruation. If there are 3 or more days then the first day of red bleeding (moderate or heavy) is considered the first day. And from my manual "If premenstrual spotting exists (three or more days of light, very light, or brown bleeding prior to menstruation) this is highly suggestive of low progesterone levels during that post-ovulatory phase of the cycle". I do not want to put worry on your plate, because none of us have enough of that already , but have you had your levels checked or talked to anyone about this? I would hate to see you suffer complication when you do get your BFP. I am sure there are times when hormone levels are normal and there is still spotting, but just to be on the safe side you might want to get it checked. Of course, I have only been on this thread for a month so you may have already discussed this and I am not aware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
Oh no! Thats all I could think when I saw this unfurl. I tried my best to ignore it, like it never happened. Thats what I think we should all do. So from this point on, this never happened. OK?

You are both great ladies and I want you to stick around.

AFM: I am still pretty sure we are going to try this month, I wont O until late next week at the earliest though, so nothing to report for now.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#135 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarefootScientist View Post
Again, I did not mean anything I said to be an attack and I'm really sorry I said anything at all. And again, I am not leaving the thread because of this. I really was planning to leave anyway for the reasons I mentioned. And if anyone should leave because of it would be me anyway, not you vivica, you have been here longer and I just popped in last month and stuck my foot in my mouth. I'm sorry.

I really did not mean to cause trouble, and I hope there are no hard feelings here.

I'll be around until tomorrow, but then I'm going camping for the weekend, and when I come back I won't be subscribing to next week's thread.

BABYDUST TO ALL!
Lots of baby dust to you too! You will be held to the promise of frozen pee updates!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#136 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post
Lots of baby dust to you too! You will be held to the promise of frozen pee updates!
You'll come find me huh?

Mommy to an exuberant 3 yo bouncy.gif and a new one!  nak.gif

#137 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Hello everyone please add me to "Waiting to Know"!

Mother of 3, welcomed a new baby girl July 2011

#138 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post
And from my manual "If premenstrual spotting exists (three or more days of light, very light, or brown bleeding prior to menstruation) this is highly suggestive of low progesterone levels during that post-ovulatory phase of the cycle".
thanks for the info! (although i realize it wasn't directed at me lol) do you know if this also applies to the pre-ovulatory phase? because im having a ridiculously long "pre-o phase cycle thing" and iv had some very light spotting about 4 days off and on. is it only for post o? thanks!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#139 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
thanks for the info! (although i realize it wasn't directed at me lol) do you know if this also applies to the pre-ovulatory phase? because im having a ridiculously long "pre-o phase cycle thing" and iv had some very light spotting about 4 days off and on. is it only for post o? thanks!

Well, in the manual, they do say that 'tail end brown bleeding' at the end of menses can be indicative of low progesterone in the previous cycle, but it does not really indicate if all brown spotting at the end is bad or not. I typically have at least one day of light brown spotting at the end and my practitioner has never raised a red flag about it, of course I have now had two m/cs and I will be asking her about it at my next follow-up... Anyway, the section I am looking at now does not really say much about other bleeding. It does say that 'unusual bleeding' is anything the woman believes to be unrelated to menus or ovulation... The index is not helping me find other information, but I am in the process of re-reading the whole thing and if I come across anything helpful I will let you know.

Sarah

#140 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Hmmm...maybe I will make a doc appointment tomorrow to get my levels checked. I hope everything is ok because we have already tried!
#141 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 10:03 PM

I hope everything is ok too, and it very well may be, but it is worth checking out. I do not know a whole lot about progesterone, but now is probably a great time in your cycle to test and I do not think it would be too late to start supplementing if you are PG.

Sarah

#142 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 10:08 PM

I will also join in and say I don't want anyone to leave.

AFM: 1dpo here and I went to the doctor to have a physical and pap. During the exam, my doctor told me my uterus is tilted (WTH?). So apparently if DH and I DTD in a "traditional" position, he's just going to be contributing into the side of my vagina and not at my cervix. It's good to know, but I'm po'ed that I didn't know this earlier. She said that during my difficult labor with DD the swelling could have caused my uterus to "scar down" in a tilted position. Does anyone else have this problem?

I also told her about my galactorrhea and she was about to "produce" a sample to have sent to the lab. Along with that, she ordered a full blood work-up for thyroid, FSH, anemia, etc. She was pretty confident that I'd be able to conceive, but I think she did that to ease my mind. I'm not going to know how to interrupt the results, so I'm going to need some help from you experts when they come in.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#143 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post
During the exam, my doctor told me my uterus is tilted (WTH?). So apparently if DH and I DTD in a "traditional" position, he's just going to be contributing into the side of my vagina and not at my cervix. It's good to know, but I'm po'ed that I didn't know this earlier. Does anyone else have this problem?
its totally normal! mine has always been tilted untill after my 2nd pregnancy. so... growing up it was tilted, got preggo, then it went back to tilted afterward, then after the second pregnancy it is regular for the first time ever. they say doggiestyle is a good option for the tilted uterus folk. not so bad if ya ask me.

p.s.- tilted uterus folk....sounds like a band name.

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif

#144 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Hi, ladies

I've been taking a little break from obsessing on here because i've been really busy, but wanted to come on and see how everyone is doing. It felt great to take a break because i got so sad this last cycle. this will be cycle 5 for us, but it is a year and a half since we first decided we wanted to try for a baby. makes me so heartbroken to think about it like that.

Vivica.... puh-leeeease don't go. please.

I hope everyone's doing alright. Hi to all these recently joined ladies! this board is so hoppin'

I am 5dpo. My temp's been going down. harumph. but i know it's too early to mean anything anyway.

sending baby-makin' vibes to all of you!

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#145 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 11:47 PM

oh and does anyone have any thoughts as to why i have dotted crosshairs?
my chart
doesn't dotted mean "we don't really know what's going on so we're giving you these conciliatory crosshairs because that's the best we can do" hmm

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#146 of 212 Old 09-02-2010, 11:50 PM

WOOT! EWCM finally showed up this afternoon. I'm hoping for a temp jump up tomorrow - I'll be completely stressed out if it doesn't happen by Saturday! Either way, guess I better jump DH when he gets home from work... lol

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#147 of 212 Old 09-03-2010, 02:34 AM

Attached2elijah~ You sure did and thank you again lol. Well, I figured I'd introduce myself first then ask to join in on the party :P.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes!!! =D

I'm now in CD6, just bought my first BBT and yay that af is gone lol.
#148 of 212 Old 09-03-2010, 02:47 AM

I want temp jumps and dips! Guess I'd better get a BBT as well TT! I went on fertility friend for the first time and entered some "specifics" thinking that my analysis read back would be "super preggo hands down test now", buuuuuuuut guess it doesn't work like that LOL

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#149 of 212 Old 09-03-2010, 06:09 AM

hello, friends! well, we're back here...
you can add me to waiting to O, please!
we recently decided that now would be an okay time to TTC so here i am
no high hopes this time around after our chemical pregnancy last year in august but we'll see i guess.
i have to catch up on the thread now!

photosmile2.gif mom to 5 year old haye REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif(9.27.2005) and brand new baby zaobabyf.gif(5.23.2011)
#150 of 212 Old 09-03-2010, 08:21 AM

MommyMat: Another tilted Uterus here... and has been since before I had my son.. so 2 pregnancies with it and everything has been a-okay. My cervix is extremely tipped and like PP said, doggy style tends to work best for us, especially for TTC.

scarlet: Looks to me like you figured out why your chart had a dotted line, it looks solid this morning

Living: Yay!!! Attack him and catch that eggie!!! Hope you get your temp jump ASAP!

ryleeee: Yay!!! Good Luck!!!

AFM: I do think I am 2dpo (I started temping after all) and am having a slow rise because there has been a complete dry up of ALL CM, although I never did get MUCH EWCM but I think that's because DH's deposit was masking it... I did get enough to be pretty sure I was Oing. And sorry if TMI but when DH and I were DTD the other night, there was uhm.... TONS of lubrication and that only happens when I am Oing. So the only thing making me think I haven't O'd is the lack of O pains that I ALWAYS get... apparently BDing so much kept those at bay, I guess. So according to pretty much everything, I've O'd and we had EXCELLENT timing. I'm going to wait another day or 2 to be absolutely sure before I ask to be moved to the 2ww though. And Sooooo begins the obsession.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page