TXmom2~

August
babygrey~
beckyand3littlemonsters~
jr'smom
tropacana

September Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold
The little * next to a name is just my way of keeping track if someone posts at least 1 time during the month.

See less See more
#254 ·
Sarah~ I can see another dr and plan to, we plan on moving in the next few months. I'm really hoping i am pregnant this cycle that would prove that jerk of a dr. I was also disappointed in hearing very important and very scary news that i had to hear from him and not my primary dr who ordered the blood test. The guy was a jerk about telling me about that issue also saying that that result was probably the reason i can't get pregnant and stuff.
on that horrible dr you had to deal with, that dr you delt with sounds like the dr i had for my 2nd m/c and she ended up being on call when my son was born. She was a so rude when i brought in what i passed she actually goes i dont know why you brought that in.

8dpo today accordidng to ff I'm so tempted to test looking at that chart, but am gonna try and hold off til 11dpo. ovusoft chart says i'm 7dpo

#255 ·
hmm, so I did finally break down and get a test today (DH kind of made me) and it is positive, but really light still. Given that supposedly I am 24-26 dpo (and 24-26 dp last BD, so even if my O is off, it can't be THAT off, not sure how long DH's sperm live, but I'm guessing 3 days max!)

I took an answer test, and its weird, the first line is really dark, and the second one is light, but according to their instructions and the box and the test even, the second line is supposed to be the control line! but it took way longer to show up (a minute or so) and was lighter, so I'm guessing its backwards, somehow?

argh, I thought testing would put me at ease, but instead i'm worried I'm about to miscarry or something (I've had one missed miscarriage before) I guess Ill try and see my doc tomorrow for a blood draw, and Ill do the other test in the AM w/ first morning urine (this was just now, so not a lot of concentration, maybe?)

ETA: I did just look this up, since it did seem so odd that the lines were reversed, OR that the control line was super light, so this might explain it:

http://www.babycenter.com/400_very-f...2290546_344.bc

I hope that's the case! I am testing super late, so that might be it.

#256 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post
But I'm wondering how many on this thread are TTC while nursing an older toddler. My DS is 3 years old. I've had my cycle back since he was 15 months old. I got pregnant during my first postpartum cycle and then miscarried at 4-5 weeks. Since then I have NOT been able to get pregnant. I spot prior to my cycle every month. My NP has started me on progesterone for this. I've also discovered an underlying thyroid issue and am now on medication for that, along with various vitamin supplements that my NP has recommended.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced such a slow return of full fertility after having a first baby. breastfeeding be the source of my hormone imbalance? I'm well aware that prolactin suppresses progesterone, but I'm only nursing my three year old a few times in the evening and possibly once in the morning. I don't want to end our nursing relationship if he still needs this, but I'm also 31 and have dreams of a large family.

So I guess this is one way to introduce myself to everyone!

Hi swimmingduck, im still nursing my 21/2 year old.(ds2) I definitely have a short luteal phase because of it.
I conceived ds2 while nursing ds1, took progesterone and conceived the first cycle.(i was 40) This time however, its taking me longer. I take progesterone every cycle for the luteal phase thing.
Last cycle i didnt tho, didnt ttc either, and found my LP was back to 13 days with spotting. I am overjoyed about that.
(i started a thread about it)

So in answer to your question, and what i am thinking about now is-does breastfeeding weaken ovulation/compromise egg or follicular quality so that even with progesterone supplementation, you wont get pregnant? Or is egg /follicular quality the same except for its weakened progesterone output, so that progesterone solves the problem?

Well, clearly last time i got pregnant, it was the latter.
This time i dont know.
I think its different for every woman, and it also might depend on how long since your menses have returned.
I'd say tho, that if you have cleared up other conditions (low thyroid which also shorten LP), and you are ovulating, you have a chance at becoming pregnant with progesterone supplementation. Otherwise, you might have to wait a long time for LP to go back to normal. I got my period back at 15mths pp like you, and my lp is only just back to normal (tho spotting means i will continue with the progesterone)

Anyway, hello everyone. Im back again. I introduced myself awhile ago, but dont post often. I find it hard to keep up with the different threads, but breastfeeding and its relation to ttc is definitely always on my mind. I could never wean ds tho...sometimes i wish i could. I wish there was more info on all of this...

Im waiting to O, and excited about my 13day LP :)

Maya

#257 ·
seafox~I was going to mention that, if your test line is that dark, the test may not have much dye left lol!!

TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!

#258 ·
seafox- Congratulations!!! My guess by reading your post is that because you tested so late, the 1st line is super dark
h&h9m to you!

Sarah- that sounds like an awful experience.

Maya- I've been wondering about the weaken o/compromised egg due to bfing lately also. I've had 2 miscarriages this summer and it's really making me wonder if somethings wrong with me, or if my body wasn't ready hormonally. Although, I did get pregnant and carry 3 healthy babies while bfing...

SoCaliMommy- Hoping you can take that 2 lined test in and show up that blanking dr!

#259 ·
Updated List To Here

seafox~ Congrats. If your 26dpo, no wonder the control line was so light. Don't worry about that line what matters is the test line. Your Pregnant.

contactmaya~ Welcome Back, put you under waiting to O.

mamaw/two~ Thanks, i hope so also.

#260 ·
Maya - Thank you for sharing. It's so complicated when there's so many various things that could cause problems with lp. My lp averages 12 days, but my spotting often starts between day 7 and day 9. The progesterone does help with the spotting. We did take some time off, so perhaps if I'd been consistent we'd be preggo by now. But I needed a break! Also, I've been lax on my charting so I'm not even sure we BD on the right days some of the cycles we've been TTC. So, with all that, I'm really ready to get back on track. Perhaps progesterone will be all that we need to see that BFP.

It's hard with the idea of weaning because I feel like my DS still needs it so much, even at 3 years old. I do home daycare and he shares me and his house five days a week with his little friends. I've been doing daycare since he was 15 months old and I wonder if it has played into his intense need to continue nursing. I've been working with him to try to cut out evening nursing sessions and only do his one right before bed. But it's hard because sometimes he really needs that instant connection after his daycare friends leave. I'm struggling because I want to see that BFP sooooo badly, but I don't want to shortchange him of something that he needs in order to conceive. It's a hard balance though. I'm 31 and want a large family if that's possible for us. So I guess I do feel in a bit of a hurry in some sense!

seafox - CONGRATS!!!

#261 ·
ah, good, I thought it was weird that the lines were switched! I had no idea the control line could get lighter (nice 'control' - says the scientist in me!) I wouldn't have tested so late if I was more sure of when I O'd, and if my cycles weren't so crazy. That must be weird for women who have super long cycles to finally test, and get such a weird result! I guess the pricier digital ones are better for that then!

I am pretty shocked since I figured we had to nurse a little less to get pg (DS is still nursing at least 10x a day, and multiple times at night) I wonder what will happen to my supply, I hope nothing, we'll see. My letdowns definitely hurt more lately, but not too bad.

DH is a bit shocked, and its weird being kind of excited but way more apprehensive than we were the first time (knowing what you are getting into makes it a bit crazy!) he's worried we won't be able to transition DS to a real bed before the baby comes, I think he's thinking 9 months is a lot faster than it is!

now to just hope the next few weeks go by quickly, that first u/s for me will be hard because of the missed miscarriage experience (awful, when the tech can't *say* anything, but its not like you can't read her face)

ah, and maybe Ill answer this, though who knows if this will stick:

1. How old is your nursling?
15 months
2. How long have you been TTC?
just this first month
3. What (if any) supplements/herbs were you taking?
none
4. Anything change the month you got your bfp?
besides having unprotected sex, not much!
5. Any luteal phase issues?
I guess not, but I don't have any charts, sadly, so I am not really sure.

#262 ·
swimming-duck~I'm sorry you're feeling down right now and unsure about weaning/extended bfing.
I hope you find some peace and answers within yourself and with your dc and dh soon. If you feel strongly about continuing bfing, I say go for it! Try the prog cream and charting consistently for a few months and see if it does the trick for ya

seafox~Thanks for sharing your info
Also, my last 2 pgs I didn't start testing til 14 dpo (guess doesn't compare to 24 dpo though lol) even though I know my lp is 11 days. I just couldn't stand to see anymore bfns!!! Now I'm getting awefully sick of them all over again! Its much better to wait and wonder and have hope in the back of your mind than stare at a stark white BFN
Not sure why I've been a glutton for punishment lately
. So, when's ur DD Best wished for your u/s!!! Stay positive!

#264 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

i'm trying to feel hopeful about this cycle. got a free vip trail today on ff and tried the chart overlay feature with this cycle and last.

SoCali:
Looking really good! I SO hope this is it for you!!!!

Congrats to SeaFox!

AFM: So after 4 days of blood in my cm, it dried up for a few days and now it is very creamy and my cervix is softer than normal. Could the Vitex be messing with me? Or hopefully I will start my cycle soon.

#267 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy420 View Post
swimming-duck~I'm sorry you're feeling down right now and unsure about weaning/extended bfing.
I hope you find some peace and answers within yourself and with your dc and dh soon. If you feel strongly about continuing bfing, I say go for it! Try the prog cream and charting consistently for a few months and see if it does the trick for ya

seafox~Thanks for sharing your info
Also, my last 2 pgs I didn't start testing til 14 dpo (guess doesn't compare to 24 dpo though lol) even though I know my lp is 11 days. I just couldn't stand to see anymore bfns!!! Now I'm getting awefully sick of them all over again! Its much better to wait and wonder and have hope in the back of your mind than stare at a stark white BFN
Not sure why I've been a glutton for punishment lately
. So, when's ur DD Best wished for your u/s!!! Stay positive!
I think if I had been more sure of my O date, I would have tested much earlier! (18dpo is when I've done it before
I had a 16 day LP tho) but I waited until past the second 'possible' temp shift, even though we didn't have sex around then so now I am pretty sure I O'd earlier like I had thought (day 18-21). I just hate seeing BFN's also
I thought I saw one today w/ how that first line got so dark, and then nothing else! I was pretty shocked since I had been so nauseous this weekend. Then seeing how light it was freaked me out again, so waiting too long can screw with your head too, it seems!

I am due then around 5/23 or 5/26. My husband's birthday is 5/27 so that would be neat.

I hope your 2WW goes by quickly!!! (or your 11 day wait
) w/ some good news at 14dpo or whenever you test

#268 ·
Congrats seafox!

swimming-duck: I'm nursing a 2.5 yr old. We've been ttc for 1 year, but part of that was before my ppaf came back. Then it took 4 cycles to conceive and we lost it at 11 weeks. Now we're trying 2nd cycle. (we conceived 1st shot with dd)

Please move me to tww. I think I o'd but have been unable to temp for the last few days, so I prob won't get crosshairs. I had a lot of EWCM but dh was very reluctant when the time came - so we only dtd only one day and it was pretty late, so we'll see. When I was trying before my m/s, my cycle was about 34 days, so I'm not sure if that'll be the case again now. Last cycle (my first after my loss) was 28 days with o at cd14. My leutal phase is consistent at 12 days

So confusing, all of this, but I guess I'll know something one way or another in a week or so.

Here's my chart.

#270 ·
Congrats, seafox!

After my coverline-ish temp yesterday, I was assuming that my temp would either be down (end of cycle) or up (implantation dip) today. But no, it's just coverline-ish again, but .1 higher. I don't know what to make of it. FF moved my O date back two days, pushed my coverline down and went from solid crosshairs to dashed. If it's right about the O date now then I'd pretty much have to be pregnant because my LP is never this long. But if it's wrong maybe I'm just taking a bit long to get all the way down to a low temp. Thoughts? If I were pregnant why would me temp suddenly be down?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15c6bc

#271 ·
Sorry Sarah that AF arrived

Wendlynn~yea, it can be confusing at
, but I guess we all figure it'll be worth it in the end ; ). I'd put you at 6 dpo; you can manually put in your O day if you wish, just click on analyze and tuning/overrride. Hope you get a bfp : )

I'm doubting my chart more than ever
.....got a nice rise today, so looks like O may actually have been yesterday....booooo...no cm whatsoever, and very little watery the day b4. On another note, I may have to find a new board. My dd has been refusing the breast, and my supply is starting to dry up :cry. I haven't even felt letdown in 3 days now, which for me, I always feel a let down. She didn't go to bed until 1 am this morning.....it was like she wanted to bf, but was soooo mad there was nothing there for her
. She's only been nursing at naptimes, bedtimes and through the night for over a month, guess my body needs more stimulation to continue making milk. I'm soooo sad and just wanted to cry last night!

#272 ·
Quote:

Sorry Sarah that AF arrived

Wendlynn~yea, it can be confusing at
, but I guess we all figure it'll be worth it in the end ; ). I'd put you at 6 dpo; you can manually put in your O day if you wish, just click on analyze and tuning/overrride. Hope you get a bfp : )

I'm doubting my chart more than ever
.....got a nice rise today, so looks like O may actually have been yesterday....booooo...no cm whatsoever, and very little watery the day b4. On another note, I may have to find a new board. My dd has been refusing the breast, and my supply is starting to dry up :cry. I haven't even felt letdown in 3 days now, which for me, I always feel a let down. She didn't go to bed until 1 am this morning.....it was like she wanted to bf, but was soooo mad there was nothing there for her
. She's only been nursing at naptimes, bedtimes and through the night for over a month, guess my body needs more stimulation to continue making milk. I'm soooo sad and just wanted to cry last night!
It's so hard. How old is your DD?

Mine will be 2 on Saturday, and at this point, she only nurses to sleep for a few minutes on one side. My right breast has been retired since early summer, lol. I can still get milk on that side if I try, but I don't try b/c it sometimes leads to making that breast feel engorged and leaky. So I leave it be. I can't let her nurse on that side b/c of the creepy crawlies. So, before too long, I see her giving up that last nursing. I'm in no rush! But I do feel like it will happen before I'm quite ready.

{{Hugs}}

CD10 here, just waiting to O...

#273 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
It's so hard. How old is your DD?

Mine will be 2 on Saturday, and at this point, she only nurses to sleep for a few minutes on one side. My right breast has been retired since early summer, lol. I can still get milk on that side if I try, but I don't try b/c it sometimes leads to making that breast feel engorged and leaky. So I leave it be. I can't let her nurse on that side b/c of the creepy crawlies. So, before too long, I see her giving up that last nursing. I'm in no rush! But I do feel like it will happen before I'm quite ready.

{{Hugs}}

CD10 here, just waiting to O...

That's the thing, she's only a year old
. I have never nursed any of my dc beyond a year, and not by choice. It seems this is always happens around this time with bfing. My breasts can't keep up to begin with, and eventually my dc just get tired of all that effort for such a small amount of milk
. Its funny you said about your right breast being "retired" lol. My dd prefers the right and it is NOTICABLY larger. I'm not sure if the left is producing anything anymore; I can still get some out if I squeeze it though LOL. I'm truely debating just pumping for a while and see if I can get supply up and try again in a few days (I've never used my pump lol.)

Someone mentioned on this board b4 about low supply due to "widely spaced" breasts. I've never heard of that, but mine are definately spaced farther apart than most...I wonder if that's why I always run into issues; that and I'm a small b cup when engorged

#275 ·
I got my first PPAF this morning!
I am at 16 1/2 months post partum, breastfeeding is entirely unrestricted - still nursing a few times during the night and multiple times during the day. I was just giving up hope and actually took a pregnancy test yesterday because I was feeling rather impatient and felt for sure something had to be up, although I had no symptoms. I did have a bit of a warning - about two weeks ago I had a small patch of fertile quality CM and the past two days I felt very bloated. Also my temps seemed to even out a little bit. Hopefully now I will be able to participate more fully in the group! Please Move me to Waiting To O!

Katie

#276 ·
Quote:

That's the thing, she's only a year old
. I have never nursed any of my dc beyond a year, and not by choice. It seems this is always happens around this time with bfing. My breasts can't keep up to begin with, and eventually my dc just get tired of all that effort for such a small amount of milk
. Its funny you said about your right breast being "retired" lol. My dd prefers the right and it is NOTICABLY larger. I'm not sure if the left is producing anything anymore; I can still get some out if I squeeze it though LOL. I'm truely debating just pumping for a while and see if I can get supply up and try again in a few days (I've never used my pump lol.)
Have you tried More Milk Plus tincture? Hold on, I'm not sure if it's safe for pg, let me find out and get back to you.

ETA - Ok, it's not, but More Milk Two is ok for use during pg. I loved MMP tincture, and used it a few times a day when DD was about a year old when I was pumping for work, etc. It did help w/supply. Maybe you could try that, and just see how it goes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.