TXmom2~

August
babygrey~
beckyand3littlemonsters~
jr'smom
tropacana

September Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold
The little * next to a name is just my way of keeping track if someone posts at least 1 time during the month.

See less See more
#278 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Have you tried More Milk Plus tincture? Hold on, I'm not sure if it's safe for pg, let me find out and get back to you.

ETA - Ok, it's not, but More Milk Two is ok for use during pg. I loved MMP tincture, and used it a few times a day when DD was about a year old when I was pumping for work, etc. It did help w/supply. Maybe you could try that, and just see how it goes?
Hmmm....never heard of that. I've used a fenugreek/blessed thistle combo several times throughout bfing all of my dc, but you can't use during pg, i.e. can't use during tww either
I'll have to look into that! I'm into trying anything at this point; I'm not ready to give up the few nursing sessions we have, and I really don't think she is either
. Thanks for the help!

Woooohoooo Katie!!!!!!!

#279 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrunchyKatie View Post
I got my first PPAF this morning!
I am at 16 1/2 months post partum, breastfeeding is entirely unrestricted - still nursing a few times during the night and multiple times during the day. I was just giving up hope and actually took a pregnancy test yesterday because I was feeling rather impatient and felt for sure something had to be up, although I had no symptoms. I did have a bit of a warning - about two weeks ago I had a small patch of fertile quality CM and the past two days I felt very bloated. Also my temps seemed to even out a little bit. Hopefully now I will be able to participate more fully in the group! Please Move me to Waiting To O!

Katie
Hi, i just wanted to say, congratulations! Its so exciting to get you af back when you are thinking of ttc while breastfeeding. :)
Maya

#280 ·
Congrats seafox!

Ive been avoiding mothering for a while after having an unpleasant experience on another forum
. Sorry to all who got AF in my absence.

AFM I am on CD16. I haven't o'd yet, but have had some watery CM the last few days. DH is home sick today with a fever, but we are gonna BD tonight anyway. I told him I'd wear a mask

I went to my appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist today. She was very nice, and is suggesting a bunch of tests. Same tests that your doc is telling you to get Socalimom. Some of the tests I have no problem getting, but the HSG test sounds hideous. Socalimom, you mentioned they precribed you medication to take before the test?? what kind? All my doc said was to take advil 1 hr before?

Another thing that confused me was she told me that if it came to taking medications like progesterone or clomid that I would have to wean? First of all, Im not sure I would even take them nursing or not, but many of you ladies have taken 1 or both while nursing right? So why would she tell me that??

Im going tomorrow to have the follicle monitoring test...seem harmless enough, and DH will do a SA. He was slightly offened I think! Next cycle they want to get all the hormone levels at CD 1-3. The HSG is the only test I really don't want to subject myself to. I know that scar tissue from C-sections can cause adhesions, and doing this test would allow them to see if this was the case, but from what I have read, that is fairly unlikely. I have a while to think about it cause they have to do it on CD 5-12.

#281 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Congrats seafox!

Ive been avoiding mothering for a while after having an unpleasant experience on another forum
. Sorry to all who got AF in my absence.

AFM I am on CD16. I haven't o'd yet, but have had some watery CM the last few days. DH is home sick today with a fever, but we are gonna BD tonight anyway. I told him I'd wear a mask

I went to my appointment with the reproductive endocrinologist today. She was very nice, and is suggesting a bunch of tests. Same tests that your doc is telling you to get Socalimom. Some of the tests I have no problem getting, but the HSG test sounds hideous. Socalimom, you mentioned they precribed you medication to take before the test?? what kind? All my doc said was to take advil 1 hr before?

Another thing that confused me was she told me that if it came to taking medications like progesterone or clomid that I would have to wean? First of all, Im not sure I would even take them nursing or not, but many of you ladies have taken 1 or both while nursing right? So why would she tell me that??

Im going tomorrow to have the follicle monitoring test...seem harmless enough, and DH will do a SA. He was slightly offened I think! Next cycle they want to get all the hormone levels at CD 1-3. The HSG is the only test I really don't want to subject myself to. I know that scar tissue from C-sections can cause adhesions, and doing this test would allow them to see if this was the case, but from what I have read, that is fairly unlikely. I have a while to think about it cause they have to do it on CD 5-12.
Marnica~Glad to hear you've gotten some input from your doc
Not sure about clomid/prog. Ithought u could take while bfing as well
. I don't have any answers to any of your ?s though, sorry

#282 ·
Seafox: Congratulations!!

Marnica: My dr. wants me to take clomid next cycle but said I could take progesterone first to see if that helps - though she doesn't think it will be enough. She knows I am nursing. She ordered hormone testing this cycle first though. I don't plan to take the clomid but I do plan to try the progesterone.

AFM: Day 15 and OPKs still not +. I got a dif. brand OPK this month and I don't like them. Wonder if they are working? I O'd on day 15 the last 2 months. Anyway, I'm guessing sometime in the next few days. Or now even and maybe the OPKs aren't turning positive for me.

Cindy

#283 ·
Marnica~ Why would they do your HSG between cd5-12 ? I'm expected to have one done next cycle if there is a next cycle and was told it would be done between cd7-14. They prescribed Motrin 800 mg oral tab and Doxycycline Hyclate(bira-tabs) 100mg and i was told that Radiology would tell me when to take those before the day of the HSG. I'm still waiting for Radiology to call me to even set up the appointment date. Dh goes for his SA Thursday

#287 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

Marnica~ Why would they do your HSG between cd5-12 ? I'm expected to have one done next cycle if there is a next cycle and was told it would be done between cd7-14. They prescribed Motrin 800 mg oral tab and Doxycycline Hyclate(bira-tabs) 100mg and i was told that Radiology would tell me when to take those before the day of the HSG. I'm still waiting for Radiology to call me to even set up the appointment date. Dh goes for his SA Thursday

That is strange....for both things...the HSG info and the meds and nursing info. I'm going this am for a follicle monitoring test so I am going to ask about these discrepancies for sure.

#290 ·
mamw/two~I really don't use them too much, but when I do, I really like the store brand midstream (like CVS, which carries 7 tests for like $17.) They aren't AS expensive as some others, but are definately accurate! You could buy some online, which I've heard others review pretty positively. It really depends on when you O to determine a start date for testing. Inside the pack, though, they usually have a chart for reccommendations on a start day depending on your cycle length. If you know your lp is a little shorter/longer, you can always adjust accordingly. I.E. based on my cycle length, they usually say to start on cd 15, but I have a shorter lp and know I would never get a positive that early. I have started as early as cd 17 in the past I think. HTH

#291 ·
seafox - Congratulations!

SoCaliMommy - Your chart looks awesome!

AFM - I'm a few days past my last TTA ovulation. Please move me to "Waiting to O" Yay! Thanks.

#295 ·
Forgot to say can you please add me to the witing to test list? I'm appx 8 dpo, so here's hoping for a decent lp or a bfp

#296 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCaliMommy View Post

tested this morning

before autofix

after autofix

hmmmmmm....I DEFINATELY see something!!!! I know ics can be bad for evaps, but pink evaps???? IDK, looks like the start of (dare I say it...) a beautiful thing!!!
Don't want to get ur hopes up, but I'm sure ur doing that for me already LOL.
and all the
I have to muster!!!!

#300 ·
SoCaliMommy-I can see it in both!!!

Daisy420- Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

VeganPrincess- Sounds promising!

AFM: cd 10, took an opk (answer brand strips) and got a light line - I haven't gotten anything this early since before last ds was concieved, I only took it because cp and cm are looking like o is coming with in the next 3-4 days. I'm so excited to maybe get o back to a normal time!!!

#301 ·
SoCaliMommy - I definitely saw something. I'm not familiar with that brand, so I wasn't as sure of what I was looking for. Looks promising though!

Vegan Princess - Good luck with the testing and the progesterone. I hope the progesterone is just what your body needs!

AFM: As far as nursing goes, I've decided to limit DS a bit more. He's been pretty restricted for the last year or so - evenings mostly. He's 3 years and a few months. With my doing home daycare I've tended to allow him nursing as soon as all the kiddos leave (about 5:15ish). But then he tends to nurse several times in the evening, plus his bedtime nursing. I've been trying to decrease the early evening nursings and restrict him to bedtime only. He's actually doing great with it. I make a game out of it when he tries to nurse earlier and tell him "Silly. Milky (what he calls my milk) is for bedtime" in a sing son voice and then hug, cuddle, tickle him, hide, whatever. It's been working like a charm and he giggles right along with me. I think he's more ready for this than I thought. Perhaps mom needed to be ready??

I got my progesterone in the mail from the pharmacy, so I'm getting back on track with that. I went off of it for two cycles (sheer laziness and burned out on TTC).

So hopefully the combo will work without me having to wean completely. I don't want to unless he really wants to. He still seems to enjoy that special time so much!

#302 ·
SoCaliMommy - I totally agree with Vegan Princess: Fast forward to when you can test again! That looks very promising!

AFM - Nothing much going on here...Just waiting to O, but I'm soooo happy that we no longer have to TTA. I'm totally hoping that my progesterone starts to normalize because I know it's low now. I have two 10 day sets of progesterone pills from my OB but I don't think I want to take them because I feel like they're doing more harm than good. The one cycle I took the pills was nice (11 day LP), but the cycle after that started way early giving me a 6d LP. Oooh what to do....
And weaning definitely isn't in my near future. My 20m old DS is constantly saying "Boobie on the couch?" "Boobie on the bed?" On the chair, on the car, etc. Oy. He wants it all the time and I don't have the heart to try to make him stop earlier than he's ready.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.