TXmom2~

August
babygrey~
beckyand3littlemonsters~
jr'smom
tropacana

September Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold
The little * next to a name is just my way of keeping track if someone posts at least 1 time during the month.

See less See more
#27 ·
Ug, 12 DPO, no changes for the better or worse.

My temps are still low-ish and I'm thinking maybe low progesterone, so now I'm considering stocking up on EPO, B6, and maca for the next cycle.

If I understand my favorite OB, Dr. Google, you take EPO for the first half of the cycle, and maca and B6 the whole time? Can anyone steer me in the direction of a doseage list for such things? And (one last question for today!) is maca powder available at health food stores?

Oh, I lied. Reading the reviews on a particular bag 'o maca on Amazon (Navitas Naturals Organic) it looks like people use it as a weight-loss and energy booster? What *is* it, exactly?

Thanks, ladies!

#28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Hmmm I DO have a VIP membership. I am not computer savy however, maybe Im doing something wrong?

The OPK tests are confusing. I thought how hard can it be to determine if the test line is as dark as or darker than the test line. Well, this morning's test line was VERY dark on 1 outer edge, much darker than the test line, but the rest of the line or the other 3/4's was lighter than the test line, what the heck does that mean? Should I consdier this a positive? It would be very early for me to O, although I have been using Vitex so maybe it's working? I plan to retest tonight and see what I get. The thing is my doc wants me to go get prog. levels 6 days after I get a + opk test. Im really unsure if this is a positive or not. I have had 2 days of watery CM, but it's not really egg ******.

Anyway We were supposed to DTD last night, but DH and I had an arguement and I don't feel like any hanky panky when I'm mad YK? so I said forget it. Now Im thinking that was stupid!

Babycakes - fingers crossed!

mooninlion - nice to meet you!

becca - hang in there and if you can actually sit on the couch all day and watch TV, Im so jealous!!!
As for FF, you have to click on sharing on your left toolbar, then homepage setup. Then if u scroll to the bottom of the page, you can add more charts by clicking them from the right column to the left HTH.

OPKs are aweful, especially if they're the strips!
Most times, though they say the line must be at least 50% of thickness to be considered +...I've had the same issues with them! Thinking they're + since they were very dark on that outer edge, but they were negative.

Erin~No clue on the maca? I'm sure others can help

#29 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinYay View Post

My temps are still low-ish and I'm thinking maybe low progesterone, so now I'm considering stocking up on EPO, B6, and maca for the next cycle.

If I understand my favorite OB, Dr. Google, you take EPO for the first half of the cycle, and maca and B6 the whole time? Can anyone steer me in the direction of a doseage list for such things? And (one last question for today!) is maca powder available at health food stores?

Oh, I lied. Reading the reviews on a particular bag 'o maca on Amazon (Navitas Naturals Organic) it looks like people use it as a weight-loss and energy booster? What *is* it, exactly?

Thanks, ladies!
Erin
Maca is actually a root that comes from peru. It has been used for a variety of reasons for thousands of years.

Quote:
Maca is recommended for treatment of a host of hormone-related disorders, including low sex drive in men and women, infertility, low sperm count, impotence, and menopausal and premenstrual symptoms. Research indicates that hormone-balancing maca also supports adrenal gland function, which is very important in times of stress when the adrenal glands produce large amounts of adrenaline.
http://www.vitaminstuff.com/supplements-maca.html

#30 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daisy420 View Post
As for FF, you have to click on sharing on your left toolbar, then homepage setup. Then if u scroll to the bottom of the page, you can add more charts by clicking them from the right column to the left HTH.

OPKs are aweful, especially if they're the strips!
Most times, though they say the line must be at least 50% of thickness to be considered +...I've had the same issues with them! Thinking they're + since they were very dark on that outer edge, but they were negative.

Erin~No clue on the maca? I'm sure others can help

Ah, thank you. ok so here is this months chart so far and a few momths back as well,. Lets see If I can get this to work!

Thanks Becca!!!

#32 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinYay View Post

Thanks, ladies!
I can only say what I've been doing in regards to the Maca and EPO. I've been taking 2000mg of EPO (2 vegecaps) each day - and so far am really happy w/the results. Lots and lots of fertile CM.

And yes, EPO is only from af through O.

Maca - I started w/1 tsp in a protein shake, and am now at 3 tsp (1 tbsp) in some chocolate soymilk. I'm probably going to start doing 2 tbsp now, b/c I actually like the taste, though many ppl complain about how bitter it is.

Here are 2 sites I found helpful.

http://www.babyhopes.com/articles/epo.html

http://www.ehow.com/how_5066710_incr...ckly-maca.html

#34 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by solejean View Post
Marnica: That uncertainty is why I switched to digital OPKs. At least a smiley face is a clear yes.

I hear you, but I can't afford 7 tests for 44.99$ whoch is what they cost at Rite Aid where I live That is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless people know where to get them MUCH cheaper???

#35 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
I hear you, but I can't afford 7 tests for 44.99$ whoch is what they cost at Rite Aid where I live That is CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless people know where to get them MUCH cheaper???
Wow that's expensive!!!

#37 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by solejean View Post
Marnica: I really hate shopping at Wal-Mart, but you can't beat their prices. I got 20 digitals for $40. Plus if you have a flex elect account OPKs are an allowable expense.

eww I hate Walmart, but if no success this month, I will be making the trip to pick up some digitals OPK's for next cycle!

#39 ·
becca~
on the -- test.

Marnica~ When i did use opks... i bought them online since they are cheaper and even in store i've never seen 7 opks for $44.00 that is just crazy.

I finally got a call back, i have my first infertility dr's appointment on the 24th the first visit is 60mins long. I know at that appointment they will give us the sterile cup for the SA. and that building we will be in is the same lab we need to take the SA sample to which needs to be to them with in 30mins of giving a sample. So i think we'll make sure that day is the 3rd day of abstaining so he can give the sample while we are there and then just take it to the lab to get that done and out of the way with.

#40 ·
Aww...I got bumped off
I didn't realize it'd been so long since I posted....

I've been laying low for July (my DD's 1st birthday and all) and trying not to obsess while TTC. How'd it get to be September already?????
Hi everyone & welcome to the new people
I've got to go back & catch up!!

As far as me, I'm 14 DPO today and got a temp rise this morning instead of the expected AF. I took a test "just in case", because I'm packing to go to a family reunion this weekend. Well......I got what looks to be a BFP

http:http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/x...gh31/009-5.jpg
I'm still in shock and hoping it's really a BFP....scared to get too excited though....

oh, and here's my chart link again since I'm not on the list http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/188af4

#47 ·
I'd like to join, I asked a question in the main forum yesterday as well but maybe Ill repost my situation here since it has gone unanswered!

DS is almost 15mos old, but still nursing a lot. In fact, w/ so many here saying # x a day I was at a loss since its really so many I don't think I could keep count! I tried yesterday - he nurses at least 4-5x in the AM before I go to work (8-4, 5 days a week, he stays home w/ DH) I am finally down to only pumping 1x at work (4oz or so, 1-2 letdowns) then when I get home, at least 4-5x before bedtime as well, and then 1-2x overnight. So 10-12x a day? On weekends its probably a good amount more I guess.

anyway, despite this large amount of nursing I got my PPAF back at 6 months - but its hardly been 'normal' for me (I used to be clockwork, 28 day cycles, ovulate day 14, etc) my first cycle was 3 months long, then 2 months, then 1 month, and then 1.75 months. So its getting there, I guess, but I'm guessing I have a pretty late ovulation, if I'm ovulating at all.

I started temping this week, but I'm guessing I started past ovulation since my temps are pretty high and I had EWCM a few days before I started temping. I used to get pretty distinctive ovulation pain though, and I haven't noticed that, so I am worried that I'm not really ovulating at all.

I did want to ask, cosleeping and temping seems pretty tough! DS has good nights and bad nights sleep-wise, are temps super erratic because of no 3 hours in a row, etc?

anyway, we aren't in a rush, but Ill be 34 in October, so wanting maybe to do this sooner rather than later
I loved having a June baby, so was hoping maybe to get lucky this month or the next one, but not holding out for that!

#48 ·
Txmom2 -
Congrats!!

Becca - Things sound good though. Fingers are crossed for testing tomorrow!

Socalimommy - Good luck at the appt!!

Seafox - Welcome

Mamatosoren - Welcome

This whole experience is stressing me out (which is kind of counter productive to TTC isn't it??). The more signs I pay attention to in trying to figure out when Im ovulating the more confused Im becoming! Ok so yesterdy morning I had that ambiguous opk test with 1 side of the test line very dark, but the rest lighter than the control. I retested yesterday at about 5pm and again this am and both times the test line was clearly lighter. I had lots of CM on wed, but not too much yesterday and today not so much either. I had TERRIBLE mittleschmertz (sp?) yesterday and it peaked last night. This morning I got an extreme temp rise. All signs point to that I ovulated yesterday right? But the opk test is throwing me off unless that partially dark line WAS a positive and my the time I tested at 5pm the LH surge was over. Is that possible?? Also if it was ovulation yesterday this would be alot earlier than I usually ovulate. FF has me consistently ovulating around day 18 or 19. yesterday would have been day 15. We DTD last night, but since Ive been crabby and DH and I have been having homeownership problems and stress we hadn't DTD before yesterday since last saturday when I KNOW I was not fertile. I guess Ill wait for the crosshairs on FF and see what it has to say.

I'm supposed to go for PG level 6 days after + opk test and Im just not certain yesterdays test was +, so Im not sure when to go get the blood work. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH I really am making myself crazy

ETA - I just spent some time looking at the picture gallery on ff of +opk's. I def think my "ambiguos" line yesterday am was a positive. Timing may be very off this month
I never ovulate this early?? blah...my head is spinning.

#49 ·
TXMom- YAYAYYAAYAYAY!!!

everyone w/ info on supplements: Thanks! VERY helpful!

becca- I like it for a late implantation dip!!! I hear you on the BFN fear- I've been testing daily since like 2DPO, because I like to torture myself...

seafox- Hi! Welcome! Are you interested in nightweaning at all? If so, you might like Dr. Jay Gordon's very gentle nightweaning protocol for bedsharing families. If you can get 6 hrs at night between nursing, it can help get your O back on track, and help you get a break for a reliable temp.

AFM: 13DPO. BFN but I did get a temp rise. It's an ugly chart for sure, and I didn't test + til at least 16-17DPO with V, so Ive got a little bit of hope still. We're visiting family 8 hrs away for the weekend, so I'm going to pack some "feminine hygiene products" (I HATE that euphemism!) in case that rotten witch shows up on the road.

#50 ·
Marnica~
sorry you've been feeling stressed! I have been there, and when it all gets too much for me, I usually resort to just charting cm, and u'd be amazed how much better I felt, and how accurate it was to boot

Becca~Cmon

Erin~Sorry dear....holding out hope!!

Welcome Seafox!

AFM~BFN on FRER last night. I really thought I would see 2 lines, but was disappointed!! I have 1 left, and not sure when or if I'll use it
. According to FF I'm 12 dpo today, which is fantastic! But if I'm back to my usual 11 day lp, I'm praying for AF to stay away!!!!! I am dying to test again today, but am trying to keep sane over here!

#51 ·
Congrats TXmom2!!!!

So I posted I thought I had ppaf.. NOPE it was a day of spotting... What was that all about... Ticks me off so should I count that as af or not? It was almost a light flow for part of the day then the next day turned brown?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.