TXmom2~

August
babygrey~
beckyand3littlemonsters~
jr'smom
tropacana

September Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold
The little * next to a name is just my way of keeping track if someone posts at least 1 time during the month.

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#2 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 05:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow - how did it become September?!

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#3 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy September to all! If we conceived now, we would be pregnant in the cooler seasons and deliver before the summer heat!

I need some opinions on my chart to see IF need to be moved to '2ww'

As you will see, I used the CBEFM, all lows, however my chart is saying I did O around the time I would have guessed that I O'd. Post O temps aren't really high, so I guess it could be that FF is not correct...and I know monitors are usually really accurate, but I sure am hoping that I did O!

Any thoughts on my chart?
**Edit, I think my cover line needs to be raised .1 than what FF has it at.

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#4 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 08:34 AM

Momma2Kai- I'm no expert, but I've seen charts like that be anovulatory. The jumpy temps make me think it's anovulatory, and you didn't get solid crosshairs.

Temp dipped way low this morning. I'm sure is soon. Don't put me waiting to O though, I'm still hoping I may be wrong!

Is 10 days a decent LP? Next month I should get a better idea of ovulation time, since I didn't temp my full cycle. I intend on doing so this month!

to everyone! Let's make some May/June babies!!

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#5 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 AM

Lifeguard~ sorry af arrived, and that you are going au natural another cycle. Hoping you can find the vitex at least, though!

Becca~10 day is considered on the low side, but not uncommon while nursing. Sorry about the temp drop, but as I said to a previos poster, could be an impl dip ...never know! I had 11 day lps and got an impl dip at 10 dpo and my bfp at 14 dpo with one of my dc.

My temp is still way high, but now when I put in that I have watery cm today, it changes my o day from 18 to 20 , which means my temps aren't high since it raises my cl to 98.2 . What the heck??? Timing is still good for Oing on our anniversary, though hehehe. All my previous charts with oral temping my cl is between 97.6 and 97.9.....clueless, but I guess to be on the conservative side, I need to count myself at 8 dpo instead of 10 dpo . So AF could come today or in 2 days or so or never!!! I vote never!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#6 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 AM

Subbing!

Daisy - anytime I put fertile cm in after O, it screws up my CH's. I think you're covered. Try to remember that CH's and CLs are mostly arbitrary just to help you see a biphasic pattern, and can be off a bit.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#7 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 10:04 AM

Momma2Kai- I dunno- if those 3 high temps were indeed due to heavy blankies (curse those freezing husbands!) then I think it looks pretty good for O. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Daisy- I wouldn't fret too much about your CM today- I had a day of a little watery CM and omitted it as it messed everything up- it was just a bit in the am, and later in the day was sticky. I *think* CM post-O can change regardless- your temps still look great!

becca- 10 days is the minimum to achieve implantation, so not too bad. Fingers crossed for you, too!

lifeguard- I know, right?! I can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that my baby is practically 9-months-old; I keep referring to her as 8 months! Crazy how time flies! (Except for when you're 2WWing!!!)

SoCal- Thank you so much for moderating and maintaining this thread!

AFM: temp is stupid and lower again- still above the coverline, but cripes. I did wake up a lot more chilly than usual (okay, so I kicked all the blankets off and woke up freezing.) Around the middle of the day yesterday, I started feeling like I got hit by a truck- really uncomfortable cramps (which I NEVER get pre-AF, but then again I haven't menstruated since March of last year, so who knows what's going on. Today I am just beat. Tired, achy, moody (almost depressed feeling, which is NOT like me at all), and my nipples are killing me.

We'll see what the magical stick say in a few days, but my mood is really down and making me less than optimistic for anything, BFP or AF. I'mm 11 DPO and still BFN of course, but I do have to remind myself that I was more than 2-3 days late with AF before I got a BFP with Vivi.

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

#8 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 10:48 AM

September already??? Wow. Yikes that means in less than 2 weeks I will be leaving my 2 yo for the weekend! (going to a wedding) Ive never been away from him for more than 10 hours or so. It will be the first time he goes 2 days with no boob either?? I wonder if this will make him want to wean??

I digress!
Lifeguard - sorry AF found you. Curses
To all other ladies that use FF. I think I just am not sure how to acurately interpret what I see YK? maybe I need to do a few more turtorials on FF

How can you tell you you have ovulated for sure?? I have had PPAF back for over a year. I get the temp spikes on FF (but often a dashed line). I assume Ive been o'ing all that time, but how can you know if you have had an anavulatory cycle? If you didn't o, you wouldn't have the temp spike right? Sorry if these are dumb questions but this whole TTC is fairly new to me

OPK test still negative today at CD 13 but a very very faint line appeared so I think it is coming fairly soon? I told DH we need to start DTD everyday from now on just to be sure. He was thrilled

also wondering about Maca powder...any users here??

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#9 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM

Momma2Kai ~ I am going to say I think you did o...
Lifeguard~ sorry about AF
Becca~ I had a 10 lp after my 1st ds.. I have seen women get pg with a 10 lp..

I think I might have started af... I am spotting and cranky..

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#10 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
September already??? Wow. Yikes that means in less than 2 weeks I will be leaving my 2 yo for the weekend! (going to a wedding) Ive never been away from him for more than 10 hours or so. It will be the first time he goes 2 days with no boob either?? I wonder if this will make him want to wean??

I digress!
Lifeguard - sorry AF found you. Curses
To all other ladies that use FF. I think I just am not sure how to acurately interpret what I see YK? maybe I need to do a few more turtorials on FF

How can you tell you you have ovulated for sure?? I have had PPAF back for over a year. I get the temp spikes on FF (but often a dashed line). I assume Ive been o'ing all that time, but how can you know if you have had an anavulatory cycle? If you didn't o, you wouldn't have the temp spike right? Sorry if these are dumb questions but this whole TTC is fairly new to me

OPK test still negative today at CD 13 but a very very faint line appeared so I think it is coming fairly soon? I told DH we need to start DTD everyday from now on just to be sure. He was thrilled

also wondering about Maca powder...any users here??

I just started using Maca powder this cycle. It's supposed to be awesome stuff, so im hopeful!!

The only way to confirm O for sure is to have a clear and sustained temperature shift. I know, it's so hard when you aren't sure, or if it's one of those iffy rises. But, really that's the only way to know.

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#11 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM

Sandra~ Hope its not af

Marnica~I think e/o day DTD is a little better for his swimmers . Also, most annov cycles don't have any obvious thermal shift hth

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#12 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 11:57 AM

I think I may have O'd yesterday on day 12. I had a temp dip yesterday to 96.9 and a spike to 97.7 today. But none of my OPKs the last few days have showed ANY hint of a 2nd line. Is that possible??? I did have a couple glasses of wine last night for my anniversary, but that never makes my temp jump that much. I wasnt hot last night either. Thoughts? I guess only time will tell and DH and I will keep at it.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#13 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy420 View Post
Sandra~ Hope its not af

Marnica~I think e/o day DTD is a little better for his swimmers . Also, most annov cycles don't have any obvious thermal shift hth
It is okay if it is af it would be my first ppaf and I caught the 1st egg last time so no af since Nov 06. At least I can start ttc for real now...

I bought maca too and I should be here by friday I would think...

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#14 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Sandra~ Hope its not af

another dumb question but what is e/o day??

I do have obvious sustained thermal shifts so I think I am o'ing
here is last months chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

I can't seem to link to last month???...just this months so far....you can go back a month and look. I have not entered the last few days fo this month yet. How do people link to older charts??

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#15 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 02:24 PM

Quote:
another dumb question but what is e/o day??

I do have obvious sustained thermal shifts so I think I am o'ing
here is last months chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php

I can't seem to link to last month???...just this months so far....you can go back a month and look. I have not entered the last few days fo this month yet. How do people link to older charts??
every other day...sorry! Your home page will only display the last month and current cycle unless you buy a VIP membership.

#16 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
every other day...sorry! Your home page will only display the last month and current cycle unless you buy a VIP membership.
Which is why I intend on printing my charts before inputing .

Crampy, spotting, and nauseous. I'm never nauseous with so I'm kinda weirded out trying to figure out what my body is doing. I guess it could be implantation bleeding, but these are some serious cramps. Not enough to take anything, but enough to make me want to sit on the couch and watch TV all day.

Me: femalesling.GIFDH: fuzmalesling.gifDD: hearts.gifDS1: superhero.gifDS2: babyboy.gif
lactivist.gifsaynovax.gifsigncirc1.gifwinner.jpgcd.gifsewmachine.gifribboncesarean.gifribboncesarean.gifvbac.giffamilybed2.gif

#17 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 05:21 PM

Daisy: I think it night have been CD20 for your O date too... but your temps still look nice!

AFM: So tired. And face breaking out. Irritable. I hope PPAF comes soon because I'm tore of my hormones start-stopping on me!

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#18 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 07:26 PM

I am just checking in today. Today is what I think is 10 dpo although I am seriously starting to have doubts about whether I have even ovulated at all.
Anyway, it was BFN for me this morning.
There was more EWCM, making think that my cycle has not come back yet.
If the nurse calls me back with the prog numbers I will be able to confirm this very easily. I have already called the office twice, so what else can I do.

Proud mother of girl born 3/1/2009
#19 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Lifeguard~ on af showing up.

Marnica~ I chart with the desktop version of http://www.tcoyf.com/ and i can go back through my charts to share them with that.

Kami(30)knit.gifDH(34)Alex(9),brokenheart.gif(4/05) brokenheart.gif(7/05),Ryker(7)brokenheart.gif(11/10) 
rainbow1284.gif Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant

#20 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 09:33 PM

Hi everyone, I am happily joining you this month. I have one daughter who will be turning three at the end of December. She is still nursing A LOT, lol. Our plan is to nurse until she is three, but we will see how that goes. Today is CD4, so I guess I am waiting to O.
#21 of 336 Old 09-01-2010, 11:36 PM

Marnica - I've left ds a couple times for weekends now, as well as two weeks earlier this summer & ds is still going strong with the nursing. Enjoy your weekend!

Welcome Savah!

I finally found some vitex today! Our local health food store said "we always have it but we're backordered right now" - ugh. But the health food store in the next town had two different types of tinctures & tablets! Hopefully this will do something.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#22 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 12:22 AM

Hi!

Lurking around......DS is 5 months old now, and we'd like to have the next one rather soon...that is, hopefully sooner than the previous times....my children seem to be spacing themselves 3.5 years apart, and AF only returned after 2+ years after the previous births. Just getting started with research if there are any ways to speed things up, in terms of starting to cycle. Any quick pointers??

proud mama of DS (April 03), DD (Oct 06), angel1.gif (March 09), DS (April 10), DD (Oct 12)

#23 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 08:27 AM

Still hanging in here. CD29, 11DPO, temp is back up Kind of nauseated, but I've been nauseated for a week now, and NOTHING like around 13 weeks for me. I'm thinking it was an implantation temp drop that was acerbated by the fact that I kicked off all the covers and woke freezing yesterday. So, !! I'm not testing until Sat AM.

#24 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM

becca~oooo, lookin good girl !

Lifeguard~Glad to hear you finally found it

I am feeling crampy this am, had more watery cm, and am very moody . Temp still creeping up, but all are af signs......still waiting. If still no AF I'll probably test tomorrow (which would be 12 dpo or 10 dpo.)

#25 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 09:06 AM

No temp this am. I woke up normal time to temp and realized DD had wet the bed so I immediately woke her up to get her changed and change the sheets and realized I didn't temp. Ha. Oh well! More important issues to address, lol. I'm still pre-O so just bd'ing as usual, and hoping to catch an eggie! Lots of fertile cm going on, so fingers are crossed!

#26 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Hmmm I DO have a VIP membership. I am not computer savy however, maybe Im doing something wrong?

The OPK tests are confusing. I thought how hard can it be to determine if the test line is as dark as or darker than the test line. Well, this morning's test line was VERY dark on 1 outer edge, much darker than the test line, but the rest of the line or the other 3/4's was lighter than the test line, what the heck does that mean? Should I consdier this a positive? It would be very early for me to O, although I have been using Vitex so maybe it's working? I plan to retest tonight and see what I get. The thing is my doc wants me to go get prog. levels 6 days after I get a + opk test. Im really unsure if this is a positive or not. I have had 2 days of watery CM, but it's not really egg whitey.

Anyway We were supposed to DTD last night, but DH and I had an arguement and I don't feel like any hanky panky when I'm mad YK? so I said forget it. Now Im thinking that was stupid!

Babycakes - fingers crossed!

mooninlion - nice to meet you!

becca - hang in there and if you can actually sit on the couch all day and watch TV, Im so jealous!!!

#27 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 AM

Ug, 12 DPO, no changes for the better or worse.

My temps are still low-ish and I'm thinking maybe low progesterone, so now I'm considering stocking up on EPO, B6, and maca for the next cycle.

If I understand my favorite OB, Dr. Google, you take EPO for the first half of the cycle, and maca and B6 the whole time? Can anyone steer me in the direction of a doseage list for such things? And (one last question for today!) is maca powder available at health food stores?

Oh, I lied. Reading the reviews on a particular bag 'o maca on Amazon (Navitas Naturals Organic) it looks like people use it as a weight-loss and energy booster? What *is* it, exactly?

Thanks, ladies!

Doctors aren't out to kill you or your children. Childbirth isn't inherently safe. Science is actually smarter than your intuition. Lighten up. Use sunscreen.

#28 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Hmmm I DO have a VIP membership. I am not computer savy however, maybe Im doing something wrong?

The OPK tests are confusing. I thought how hard can it be to determine if the test line is as dark as or darker than the test line. Well, this morning's test line was VERY dark on 1 outer edge, much darker than the test line, but the rest of the line or the other 3/4's was lighter than the test line, what the heck does that mean? Should I consdier this a positive? It would be very early for me to O, although I have been using Vitex so maybe it's working? I plan to retest tonight and see what I get. The thing is my doc wants me to go get prog. levels 6 days after I get a + opk test. Im really unsure if this is a positive or not. I have had 2 days of watery CM, but it's not really egg whitey.

Anyway We were supposed to DTD last night, but DH and I had an arguement and I don't feel like any hanky panky when I'm mad YK? so I said forget it. Now Im thinking that was stupid!

Babycakes - fingers crossed!

mooninlion - nice to meet you!

becca - hang in there and if you can actually sit on the couch all day and watch TV, Im so jealous!!!
As for FF, you have to click on sharing on your left toolbar, then homepage setup. Then if u scroll to the bottom of the page, you can add more charts by clicking them from the right column to the left HTH.

OPKs are aweful, especially if they're the strips! Most times, though they say the line must be at least 50% of thickness to be considered +...I've had the same issues with them! Thinking they're + since they were very dark on that outer edge, but they were negative.

Erin~No clue on the maca? I'm sure others can help

#29 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinYay View Post
Ug, 12 DPO, no changes for the better or worse.

My temps are still low-ish and I'm thinking maybe low progesterone, so now I'm considering stocking up on EPO, B6, and maca for the next cycle.

If I understand my favorite OB, Dr. Google, you take EPO for the first half of the cycle, and maca and B6 the whole time? Can anyone steer me in the direction of a doseage list for such things? And (one last question for today!) is maca powder available at health food stores?

Oh, I lied. Reading the reviews on a particular bag 'o maca on Amazon (Navitas Naturals Organic) it looks like people use it as a weight-loss and energy booster? What *is* it, exactly?

Thanks, ladies!
Erin
Maca is actually a root that comes from peru. It has been used for a variety of reasons for thousands of years.

Quote:
Maca is recommended for treatment of a host of hormone-related disorders, including low sex drive in men and women, infertility, low sperm count, impotence, and menopausal and premenstrual symptoms. Research indicates that hormone-balancing maca also supports adrenal gland function, which is very important in times of stress when the adrenal glands produce large amounts of adrenaline.
http://www.vitaminstuff.com/supplements-maca.html

#30 of 336 Old 09-02-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
As for FF, you have to click on sharing on your left toolbar, then homepage setup. Then if u scroll to the bottom of the page, you can add more charts by clicking them from the right column to the left HTH.

OPKs are aweful, especially if they're the strips! Most times, though they say the line must be at least 50% of thickness to be considered +...I've had the same issues with them! Thinking they're + since they were very dark on that outer edge, but they were negative.

Erin~No clue on the maca? I'm sure others can help
Ah, thank you. ok so here is this months chart so far and a few momths back as well,. Lets see If I can get this to work!

Thanks Becca!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page