judging Ovulation by EWCM - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello TTC Ladies,
I started charting this month but I messed it up. I remember now why I didn't take my temperature by mouth last time. I sleep with my mouth open half the time and it messed up the data so I switched to taking temp vaginally which you are not supposed to do in the same cycle. Ho hum.

Anyway, I think I either O'd on CD13 or CD15. Based on CM I would say CD15 but on CD13 I had a patch of EWCM with a streak of blood in it and I read that that can happen when you ovulate. I know you can sometimes have watery CM a couple days after ovulation too. I have never had a streak of blook in my EWCM before so this is new. Which sign do you think is more important? I know this will be a moot point in another week or so. Just driving obsessing in the mean time.

Wife to French hubby (8/02), Mama to DD (3/05) and DS (02/07) and (3/10)
#2 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsbob View Post
Hello TTC Ladies,
I started charting this month but I messed it up. I remember now why I didn't take my temperature by mouth last time. I sleep with my mouth open half the time and it messed up the data so I switched to taking temp vaginally which you are not supposed to do in the same cycle. Ho hum.

Anyway, I think I either O'd on CD13 or CD15. Based on CM I would say CD15 but on CD13 I had a patch of EWCM with a streak of blood in it and I read that that can happen when you ovulate. I know you can sometimes have watery CM a couple days after ovulation too. I have never had a streak of blook in my EWCM before so this is new. Which sign do you think is more important? I know this will be a moot point in another week or so. Just driving obsessing in the mean time.
Hmmm, it's hard to say. Depends on your body. For me, EWCM is definitely more reliable then my temp. Sometimes my temp takes 2 days AFTER O to rise so I know that I usually O the last day of EWCM regardless of what my temp shows. I find, for me, I trust OPKs, CM and CP much more then I do FF.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#3 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 03:50 PM

Just in my opinion I think the day you had the most fertile cm. Maybe the blood streak was cause by your ovaries getting ready to O or something. I would say CD15

Student Mother  and Wife hang.gif 29 married to DH 31 jammin.gif since 03 Zoe Elizabeth Jane 4.75 energy.gif and Jace Aaron Edward 12/12/11 babyboy.gif

#4 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 04:30 PM

After FF saying I o'ed when my fertile cm dried up I was suspicious of my temping chart being right.

This past month I temped up until my fertile cm dried up and just gave up. I figured I'd already oed at that point and whatever happened happened. Seeing as past months it said I oed at all the wrong times it seemed temping wasn't helping anyway. What I did know was my fertile cm was within a day of o, or so it seemed with more reliable charts in the past, so I went by that.

I dtd every other day and hit the day of ewcm and day after. I must have guessed right because 2 days ago I tested and we finally caught the egg.

Good luck to you. Sometimes your best instinct is the one to go with.
#5 of 5 Old 09-05-2010, 08:45 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I guess ovulation by following my CM pattern. I pick the last day I had BOTH EWCM and a soft high open cervix. The day after I still have a little EWCM leftover but my cervix hardens up. Also my nipples hurt the day after I ovulate. I also have cramps the day of and the day after. I also have the most amount of EWCM on O day.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page