your experiences taking evening primrose oil for ewcm? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
What you your experiences taking evening primrose oil for ewcm?

I usually have enough ewcm, until 2 cycles ago when i took soy. It repessed all signs of it. The following cycle, even tho i took no soy, the same thing. This cycle, im taking evening primrose oil to be on the safe side even tho i hope the soy is out of my system.

Its day 9, and i am getting long stretchy ewcm already.

Is this normal? I dont want my O to come too early. I hope that this is just the epo.

What are your experiences with epo? (im taking 1500mg a day-3 tablets)
Im also drinking grapefruit juice in place of oj in the morning. I always eat grapefruit for breakfast too. (grapefruit is apparently good for ewcm)

Should i bother getting the mucinex? (good for ewcm also)

Anyway, id like to hear from anyone else who has taken epo.
How did it affect you?
#2 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My understanding is that mucinex helps with the quality of the EWCM, not the quantity... it thins it out mucus but doesn't create it. EPO is supposed to help your body actually create the mucus. So mucinex and EPO are compatible with each other, they do different things.

I wouldn't worry too much about having EWCM so soon, I would just keep taking the EPO - since it seems to be doing the trick I'm on my first cycle with EPO myself - I'm on CD 8, I've been taking 3000mg daily, and starting Mucinex today, no CM yet. I just finished my last dose of clomid so I'm hopeful that the EWCM will be here soon

Me (42) DH (43), Catholic Mom to DD (11), DS (6), DS (1)

Expecting #4 in May 2014

#3 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM

They say it takes months to see a change when taking EPO, but I noticed right away. I got EWCM about a week earlier than usual. However, that could also be the effect this being the first cycle on a bigger dose of femara... Who knows?

But for me, it happened right away!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#4 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 01:40 PM

Drinking a ton of water can help as well--more fluid in, more fluid out.

Heather, Mama to DS(10) DD(7.5),DD(6)
#5 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 PM

I noticed a difference right away, as well. I have usually a day or so of EWCM and it's scant. Once I started taking EPO I had days of it and it was abundant. GL!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 04:39 PM

I've taken it for a couple cycles and started getting EW very early as well. Maybe day 8? I didn't O any earlier though.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#7 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 04:54 PM

I noticed a positive change my first cycle using it! I usually get lots of EWCM starting a couple of days before O. I take 2000mg from AF to O.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#8 of 10 Old 09-08-2010, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Its a relief to hear from pps that ovulation itself wasnt affected.
Did it make it harder for you to predict ovulation? I guess you become more dependent on opks. (luckily i just bought 40 of them .) Or do you just assume that ewcm is irrelevant unless its appromixately 2 days before your usual o time. (or whatever your usual pattern is)
I actually feel a bit of activity in my ovaries too. I hope the epo isnt making them work too hard.

Another question actually-maybe i should make this a separate post. I hear that if you use injectibles (gonatrophins-sorry if i got that wrong-ie pure fsh injection near the ovaries), women get abundant cervical mucus way before O because the fsh triggers the estrogen build up which leads to ewcm.

I dont think that epo does anything to the estrogen but is just supplementing oils in your body that might be deficient, so same level of estrogen, more ewcm anyway.

I wonder what produces better ewcm-more estrogen, or same level of estrogen but more oils to supplement it, or whether it makes no difference...know what i mean?
#9 of 10 Old 09-09-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by contactmaya View Post
Its a relief to hear from pps that ovulation itself wasnt affected.
Did it make it harder for you to predict ovulation? I guess you become more dependent on opks. (luckily i just bought 40 of them .) Or do you just assume that ewcm is irrelevant unless its appromixately 2 days before your usual o time. (or whatever your usual pattern is)
I actually feel a bit of activity in my ovaries too. I hope the epo isnt making them work too hard.

Another question actually-maybe i should make this a separate post. I hear that if you use injectibles (gonatrophins-sorry if i got that wrong-ie pure fsh injection near the ovaries), women get abundant cervical mucus way before O because the fsh triggers the estrogen build up which leads to ewcm.

I dont think that epo does anything to the estrogen but is just supplementing oils in your body that might be deficient, so same level of estrogen, more ewcm anyway.

I wonder what produces better ewcm-more estrogen, or same level of estrogen but more oils to supplement it, or whether it makes no difference...know what i mean?
I love your question. I tried once to look up how exactly EPO works, to see if it actually increases estrogen, or just makes it work better. I think it's the latter. The natural prostaglandins in the oil simply make your natural estrogen more effective, hence better CM response. Anyone else know more?

As for gonadotropins, I think the increased CM is from the fact that you tend to grow more follicles. Those follicles release estrogen, so if you have a ton of them, you'll have more of it.

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#10 of 10 Old 09-09-2010, 03:28 PM

Sorry for jumping in here..I'm take EPO too and was wondering do you stop the day before O or the day of O?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page