Opk ? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've been using OPKs because my son is up during the night and BBT isn't accurate. I got a possible positive yesterday and a definite positive today. My question is this. If you get a positive more than one day has the egg already released on the second day? Can you get a positive with the egg already present or if it is reading positive the egg has not yet released?

I'm hoping the latter because hubby isn't home yet! I thought I'd O Wednesday making this month null but with the later positive OPKs there <might> be a slight chance.

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#2 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 10:16 AM

there is definitely a chance. with opks, the normal range is that you can o anytime from the time of the first positive, until 48 hours after your last positive (or, of course, not at all - they arent a guarantee but they are a pretty good indicator.) if you check cm and cp, that can sometimes help corroborate with the opks too. for example, if your opks go negative tomorrow, but your cp is still HSO and you've still got good ewcm, you likely havent o'd yet. if the day after that, cp is low and firm and your cm is scant or really creamy, it's a good sign you o'd the day before. dont know if you do that already, but if you dont, it's a good idea. the other thing that might work well for you is something like the ov-watch.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#3 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 AM

For me, I usually O two days after my first positive OPK. For example, this month I got a positive OPK on CD 14, and I'm pretty sure I O'ed two days later on CD 16. So there's definitely still a chance!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#4 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Here are my OPKs. Anyone want to let me know which ones they think are positive?

These are Answer brand so from what I've heard the dark part has to be at least 50% of the width to count. They are labeled but its cut off a bit. When it says just a day that was the morning test then the second one with a time occurred same day just later. Same sheet in the pics just one is zoomed in.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4128/...cba86d8348.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4145/...53e61cb62d.jpg

#5 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 02:17 PM

I agree with the OP. Checking cp and cm and using those along with your OPKs is the best approach. For example, last month I got my first positive OPK on a Thursday (3 different times of the day) then on Friday the same thing. But my cp was still HSO on the Friday and I still had EWCM so I didn't really O until Sunday. Looking at your OPKs, the only positive one I see is the Thursday one (the very last one). HTH

Me wild.gif, Him geek.gif, 1 of these eyesroll.gif, 1 of thesedust.gif, 1 of these  blahblah.gif and also one of these loveeyes.gif and we're hoping for one of these babyf.gif
#6 of 7 Old 09-16-2010, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks FairyMe. Reading OPKs is hard for me because I always wonder if I'm only seeing what I want to! =) CM and CP should help me out too!!

#7 of 7 Old 10-04-2010, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
More OPK ?s, also not doing BBT. Got a + OPK yesterday (Sun), today there is barely a line. That still means I will probably O 24-48 hours after my +OPK, right?
The Taking Charge of Your Fertility web program always predicts ovulation the day after the +opk, and then has "potentially high fertility" until Wednesday. Does that seem right to y'all for BD timing?

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page