Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cycle buddies!

Gator-Mom 6DPO
SML27 6DPO
Just Lily 5DPO
Abbykins 3DPO
lazykate 5DPO
Sourire 2DPO

I am still crampy. Not sure if it is the supplements that are doing this? Weird.

Yesterday I picked up a new bottle of maca at the health food store. Came home and DH opened it right away (I'm not sure why he did that) only to discover I accidently got the powder instead of the capsules. The bottles are exactly the same, only with the word "powder" in teeny tiny letters.

So now it is Sunday morning, the store is closed, and I am trying to figure out how to ingest the powder. I put it in my coffee, but it doesn't taste good. I wonder if it would be better to just mix it with a bit of water and slam it back like a shot. I don't make smoothies or anything like that (too messy) and don't really want to start. Any suggestions?

Now that the bottle is open I can't return it, and it costs $24 so I don't really want it to go to waste. Plus I am not sure what it is that is regulating my cycle, but something is working and I don't want to mess with it. UGH!!!

ETA: I just tried to mix it in with iced tea, but had to use probably 8 ounces of liquid just to get the powder to dissolve. Then I took a sip and retched. I don't think this is going to work. ARGH!

Wife to DH (06/10) and Mummy to DD (07/08).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#152 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Good morning gals!! Hoping to see all of you in the June DDC...even though I haven't even checked in yet. I'm a little nervous to make it official.

I saw a couple people mention vit B and it made me think back. Couldn't remember who it was and phone doesn't like the quote function very well. When I first started TTC in 2008 I immediately switched to a prenatal because that's what everybody recommends. But I noticed I had less energy so I switched back to a multi. And got pg in Jan. I switched back to a prenatal. When I had my mc I figured I would finish the bottle. I finally finished it last month and went back to a multi. And I got pg again.
So I'm wondering if the level in vit B had anything to do with it. My prenatal (New Chapter) has 2 mg and 6 mcg of B6 and B12, respectively. The multi that I started last month (Nature's Way Alive) has 100mg and 200mcg of B6 and B12. I know vit B helps LP length but I had no problem with that. So does vit B help with the general health of the egg or something? Maybe it is just a coincidence though.

Me 32, DH 33,  angel.gif (3/17/10),  DD 6/6/11
#153 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
Good morning gals!! Hoping to see all of you in the June DDC...even though I haven't even checked in yet. I'm a little nervous to make it official.

I saw a couple people mention vit B and it made me think back. Couldn't remember who it was and phone doesn't like the quote function very well. When I first started TTC in 2008 I immediately switched to a prenatal because that's what everybody recommends. But I noticed I had less energy so I switched back to a multi. And got pg in Jan. I switched back to a prenatal. When I had my mc I figured I would finish the bottle. I finally finished it last month and went back to a multi. And I got pg again.
So I'm wondering if the level in vit B had anything to do with it. My prenatal (New Chapter) has 2 mg and 6 mcg of B6 and B12, respectively. The multi that I started last month (Nature's Way Alive) has 100mg and 200mcg of B6 and B12. I know vit B helps LP length but I had no problem with that. So does vit B help with the general health of the egg or something? Maybe it is just a coincidence though.
I don't know--I got pregnant once without B6 supplementation (didn't work out) and then started taking it regularly to lengthen LP--got pregnant again soon after we started trying again. I've continued the B6, but cut back a bit because of the possibility of B6 toxicity--it can cause nerve damage. Which makes me afraid to take too much while pregnant. I have 100 mg pills and I take one every other day or so.

Fiction writer by training, writer/editor of anything anyone will hire me for by trade. Me + D=my girls E (4/2011) and little N, 1/2014.

#154 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfAddict View Post
I am taking the New Chapter Organics prenatal as well (in Canada it's called Multi for Two), and additionally I have a B complex with 50mg of B6, I take 2 per day of those. I don't know what else B helps with but I am glad to hear it seems to have helped you!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#155 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 12:38 PM

GolfAddict... Yes, B vitamins give you more energy. They even use it in some energy drinks!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#156 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Blanca78 I can't believe you are 9 weeks already! It seems like not that long ago when you got your BFP!

Can I be a cycle buddy too? FF thinks I am 5 dpo (which actually gives me a chance) but I think I am more like 3-4dpo going off of my O pains and cervical fluid. (which gives me a very very slim chance if no chance at all!)

Partner to DPshamrocksmile.gif SAHM to DS(8)guitar.gif, DD (4)blahblah.gif, and DD (oct 12) babyf.gifcountry livin', baby-led weaning, homeschooling, co-sleeping family
#157 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

OK, I am going to have to re-read for personals, but I THINK I have everything updated to here. Who is taking the thread this week?

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#158 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_lily View Post
So now it is Sunday morning, the store is closed, and I am trying to figure out how to ingest the powder. I put it in my coffee, but it doesn't taste good. I wonder if it would be better to just mix it with a bit of water and slam it back like a shot. I don't make smoothies or anything like that (too messy) and don't really want to start. Any suggestions?
ARGH!
How about mixing it in just like a Tablespoon of applesauce or yogurt and then chasing it with strong tasting drink, like OJ?

Some of my supplements are in liquid form, and I usually just add my drops to enough water to swallow, and then chase it..I just treat it like a shot! Lol.

Student nurse Mamma to Kaylum (3/01/2007) and wife to computer nerd DH .

#159 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post
OK, I am going to have to re-read for personals, but I THINK I have everything updated to here. Who is taking the thread this week?
I don't mind taking it

#160 of 162 Old 09-26-2010, 10:32 PM

Ok so I've officially started the new thread, see you all there!

#161 of 162 Old 09-27-2010, 01:22 PM

Name: SW
Date: 9/27/10
Chart:
Where are you in your cycle: 13 DPO- O'd on day 14 of cycle
Symptoms if they apply: dull cramping since 3DPO, sore and big boobs, swollen fingers and feet (ughhh)
Testing: tested 2 days ago and got VERY faint lines on both EPT and First Response...so faint I thought I was going crazy! Tested again this morning and got a quick, decently strong pink line on first response!!!
Thoughts: I am 26 and just celebrated my 1st wedding anniversary last weekend. My husband and I have been trying for 3 months and decided to REALLY try hard this past month after being disappointed every time AF came to town. We really tried and we did it!! I am so excited to tell my husband tonight when he gets home from work and grad school. Any suggestions as to how to do it? I bought a congratulations card but thats all I've got so far! Good luck to everyone else!!
#162 of 162 Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWhite View Post
Name: SW
Date: 9/27/10
Chart:
Where are you in your cycle: 13 DPO- O'd on day 14 of cycle
Symptoms if they apply: dull cramping since 3DPO, sore and big boobs, swollen fingers and feet (ughhh)
Testing: tested 2 days ago and got VERY faint lines on both EPT and First Response...so faint I thought I was going crazy! Tested again this morning and got a quick, decently strong pink line on first response!!!
Thoughts: I am 26 and just celebrated my 1st wedding anniversary last weekend. My husband and I have been trying for 3 months and decided to REALLY try hard this past month after being disappointed every time AF came to town. We really tried and we did it!! I am so excited to tell my husband tonight when he gets home from work and grad school. Any suggestions as to how to do it? I bought a congratulations card but thats all I've got so far! Good luck to everyone else!!
Congrats SW! By the way there is a new Fabulous ONE Thread here. Are you sure its not a Due Date Club you want to be joining instead of a TTC thread?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page