pre-implantation symptoms possible? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2010, 06:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all, I'm a little confused about early pregnancy symptoms. Is it possible to have any pre-implantation? It seems like a lot of people have said that hCG is only produced after implantation (and that's why you can't get a +hpt before then). So is there something else going on that would cause symptoms pre-implantation? Does anything change hormonally after fertilization? Or are these just from the usual 2ww obsessing

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 08:00 AM

Pretty much most can be chalked up to wishful thinking and TTC obsessing plus the usual progesterone production that starts as of ovulation... signs of increased progesterone, which is normal in your luteal phase whether you are pregnant or not, include tender breasts... fatigue... bloating... and mood swings... all of which can both be a pregnancy sign AND just a sign that ovulation has happened, even if pregnancy was not achieved (which would explain why non-pregnant women can convince themselves they are pregnant.)

I do not see too many women who claim early pregnancy (pre-implantation) signs that could not be chalked up to progesterone.

I do see a LOT of women who find these signs either only one cycle out of a ton charting or every single cycle and not end up pregnant, even though they were convinced they knew of fertilization the moment it happened (lots of women know the moment it happens, unfortunately many of them are wrong)

now for me, this pregnancy... the only two symptoms I had before I felt implantation/saw it on my chart (and even THAT could have been a day off making my 5dpo symptom happen right at implantation) is that at 2dpo I had spotting. I never ever have spotting. I do not think it was implantation but rather post-ovulation spotting (it was brown... old blood. not really a pregnancy symptom but was worth noting as I had not had it before!) and at 5dpo I started feeling nauseous... which could be chalked up to two things... possibly implanting at 5dpo and feeling the effect right away... or that I had overate at Christmas (didn't seem like it, but was possible) and coincidentally as soon as that nausea wore off I was into my pregnancy nausea.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:25 AM

My body responds right away when conception takes place. My symptoms are undeniable. Uterine twinges, tugging, pulling, and aching are the most undeniable signs. I also get aches in my breasts and a lot of bright blue veins on my chest and hips. I know 1-2 days after conception that I am pregnant. I experienced this with my pregnancy back in Feb (m/c) and am experiencing the same sensations now. I think I remember experiencing this with my DS pregnancy but then i had implantation bleeding that lasted almost a week so I thought it was my period and then ignored the symptoms i initially felt. anway, the signs are pretty obvious for me and my body and i would be shocked if I didn't get a BFP this month. If I don't then something REALLY weird is going on with my body!
Old 09-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
My mother said that she KNOWS she's pregnant by 3-4dpo. She had 5 kids, and always had the same early symptom of fatigue.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 09-23-2010, 04:23 PM

Yes, it is possible. Read here:
http://humrep.oxfordjournals.org/con.../12/2607.short

"Compared with non-conception cycles, conception cycles had a steeper early luteal rise in progesterone and higher mid-luteal oestrogen and progesterone concentrations. These hormonal characteristics may be markers of better quality cycles, but because all these differences were in the luteal phase, we cannot rule out the possibility that the preimplantation embryo had stimulated early increases in steroid production."

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

User Tag List