If breasts stop hurting, does that mean I'm out? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-22-2010, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
iot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So this is my 12th cycle trying to conceive #2. Pretty much every month, my breasts start hurting sometime between CD 19 and CD 21, hurt for 4 or 5 days, then gradually stop hurting as my period approaches. This month is no much different, except that they did start hurting a little earlier and by now (CD 22) they are almost no sore at all. I usually start loosing hope when my breasts stop hurting. I wonder, though, if it is possible to be pregnant and still have the breast tenderness go away before period is due? my cycles are usually 27-28 days long.

Anyone has any experience/thoughts to share about this? ugh, I don't want to, but I'm starting to get really tired of this TTCing roller coaster...

Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 PM

mine usually hurt by 7dpo until just after AF starts.

However, this cycle (aka back in December when i got pregnant) they didnt hurt at all. Was very odd. But I ended up pregnant.

There is no definite YES! or NO! sign other than a BFP or AF... so no, you arent out until your period starts.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#3 of 7 Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM

I agree with the previous post. I've heard of lots of women that had ZERO symptoms (including no sore breasts) until the BFP. So you aren't out yet! Good luck!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#4 of 7 Old 09-23-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter
iot

Thank you both for your responses! I guess my logic is that if sore breasts are caused by the increase in progesterone that follows ovulation, then if the breast tenderness decreases that would mean a parallel decrease in progesterone and therefore a no-pregnant cycle? that is why I was curious whether this could happen even in a pregnant cycle. But I totally get it that there is no definite yes or no sign, so it's not over till is over. I will know in about 5-6 days. Thanks again!
#5 of 7 Old 09-23-2010, 02:51 PM

The reason why I tested with my daughter was because I didn't have the breast growth and tenderness that I had come to know and expect when AF was just around the corner. I can't recall this time if they were sore or not... sensitive perhaps, but then again I'm still nursing.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#6 of 7 Old 09-23-2010, 03:16 PM

iot - I have the same thing. Breast soreness and tenderness after O, then gradually going away until it's gone a few days before AF. I haven't been pg, so I don't know the difference, but it does seem like there is a lot of variation among us as far as this "sign" goes!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#7 of 7 Old 09-24-2010, 11:54 PM - Thread Starter
iot

Thanks, Demeter and Maurine for your responses. I think I would be more optimistic if I had a lack of the usual symptoms, but I have the same pattern as every month, so I'm starting to loose hope again as the post-ovulation symptoms go away. I had some spotting today (CD24) so I'm pretty sure I'm out. So frustrating! think I'm going to cave and join one of the threads. I guess I was trying to convince myself I wasn't really having trouble getting pregnant, but after 12 attempts at it, well I should probably stop being in denial...

Thanks again, I appreciate your input!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page