Nursing Mamas TTC October - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2010, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Wendlynnn - Good look tomorrow morning. I hope you get a BFP!

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2010, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwitterion View Post
swimming-duck - Personally, I would discard the temp today. If I talk a bit to my DH before getting out of bed and it's a cold morning, my temp will be abnormally low. I would think that drinking cold water would do the same. But my experience may not be the same as yours!
That sounds right. I think I'm going to leave the temp in my chart for now just so it's recorded. But it has an open circle, so I don't think it should affect my FF data.

Crystal (34) married to LPN DH (38) , mama to (7/07), (1/09), and (7/11) and (12/28)
Old 10-05-2010, 01:25 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Updated List To Here

Jessica~ Yah on getting an appointment, I'd try and push for a blood test.

Baby_Cakes~

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 10-05-2010, 10:21 AM

This cycle is so weird. Usually I O around cd 16-18. But it looks like I may have O'd. According to my temp I'd say cd14. According to my cm, I'd say cd12. This morning I almost thought I had EWCM. But, after looking at it, I think it was sperm. It was more whitish. It was stretchy, but seemed to get less stretchy the more I messed with it. Doesn't that seem more like sperm? Sorry - TMI!!

Anyways, not sure what to think right now. Here's my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/244ba2

Old 10-05-2010, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

swimming-duck~ I'd probably go with cd13 or 14 for O date.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 10-05-2010, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Daisy - Thinking of you at your dr appt this morning. FXed urine is pos and they send out the blood for a beta for you.

AFM - My temp is still up so I'm pretty much thinking I'm 2dpo. I hate being aware of DPO count before FF calls it! It makes it that much longer, lol. I'm trying to find something to do with myself so I can stop obsessing -- cleaning the house only takes my mind off so much! I thought about going clothes shopping, but then I keep thinking hopefully I won't need those clothes much longer! And I don't want to waste $$.

What do you guys think of this? As I was falling asleep last night, I realized all my maternity clothes are packed away in the back of the attic. I would need to ask DH to get them for me. Is that a cute way of letting him know I'm pg? (If I am?) If when he gets home from work, tell him I need a favor -- "Can you pull down the container with my maternity clothes? Looks like I'm going to need to wash them.."

I think it might work. Now come on eggo! Lets get preggo!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 PM

real fast as I'm off to work...I see a faint second line - but it's there!

loving mommy to DD (3/08), brokenheart.gif our little strawberry (7/10). brokenheart.gif little seedling (10/10). brokenheart.gif little pear (4/11). Praying for a Rainbow - due Nov!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***rainbow1284.gif**

Old 10-05-2010, 12:30 PM

Daisy420 Good luck at the doctors. I hope you get a BFP.

Wendlynn

AFM I am fairly certain that I O'd yesterday based on CM, but am waiting on my temps to go up. My temp went up a little this morning, but not as much as I would like. I wish I had saved my charts from before I was pregnant with DD to compare to. As I recall my temp usually went above the coverline 2 days after my most fertile CM, but without having them I can't really confirm this. I am hoping that I did O because we had excellent timing, but in the past 2 cycles Oing has faked me out--where I thought I probably O'd but then I actually O about 4-5 days later. So we will see. I just told my DP to be prepared mentally and physically (he thought this was funny) in case I still haven't O'd and do . Gotta go DD is messing with our old dog.

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

Old 10-05-2010, 12:44 PM

I agree swimmingduck; looks like cd 13 or 14 for O day, but I'd wait a few days to verify it with your temps.

Thanks for wishing me luck girls...I go in at 2 pm today . I think it will make it official for DH. I have started feeling some definate pg sxs now! My areolas are all but purple, and I now have these dark blue veins on my belly ! I have actually never gone to a doc for a pg test....so this will be a 1st for me. With dd, I didn't go in for any prenatal until I was 13 wks!

Oh, here's the 12 dpo dollar store pic btw.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/...556d805fcc.jpg12 dpo by jesseleigh888, on Flickr

Not sure why I'm sooo paranoid this time around...I guess its normal, but I'm usually much more laid back about things....

Wendlynn~!!!!!! KUP!!!

Baby_Cakes~I think that's a very cute idea I wasn't very creative.....he was watching the kids out the window playing and said "look at those crazy kids lol" (as they were playing on our "play tree") and I said, so are you ready for another? I like urs much better LOL

earthmama~That has happened to me....its a bummer . Hoping its a real O this time and not delayed :fingerx. Just keep up that bd e/o day so u don't miss it

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
Old 10-05-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
What do you guys think of this? As I was falling asleep last night, I realized all my maternity clothes are packed away in the back of the attic. I would need to ask DH to get them for me. Is that a cute way of letting him know I'm pg? (If I am?) If when he gets home from work, tell him I need a favor -- "Can you pull down the container with my maternity clothes? Looks like I'm going to need to wash them.."

I think it might work. Now come on eggo! Lets get preggo!
I love it! That's a great idea!

Everyone else - I'm at work and scatterbrained today so I can't organize my thoughts well enough to reply to everyone I want to... So... and lots of 's all around!!!

AFM - I'm on 9 dpo and any spotting I'm having is the "if anyone else was looking at this they wouldn't see a thing" variety...so yay for that! My temp is still nice and high so I just might get a 10 day LP. Finally! And just in time too.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 10-05-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendlynnn View Post
Yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimming-duck View Post
This cycle is so weird. Usually I O around cd 16-18. But it looks like I may have O'd. According to my temp I'd say cd14. According to my cm, I'd say cd12. This morning I almost thought I had EWCM. But, after looking at it, I think it was sperm. It was more whitish. It was stretchy, but seemed to get less stretchy the more I messed with it. Doesn't that seem more like sperm? Sorry - TMI!!

Anyways, not sure what to think right now. Here's my chart:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/244ba2
CD13? Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy420 View Post

Oh, here's the 12 dpo dollar store pic btw.
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4129/...556d805fcc.jpg12 dpo by jesseleigh888, on Flickr

Not sure why I'm sooo paranoid this time around...I guess its normal, but I'm usually much more laid back about things....
That's a great line! Congratulations!

Quote:
Cute idea!!

AFM: FF says I O'd. I don't believe it. I think my temps are just rising in general. I never had a completely high, open cervix. And my cm isn't completely dried up. I wish it were the case, but I just don't think it is.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

Old 10-05-2010, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

jessica~ on the darker dollar tree.

Wendlynn~

Old 10-05-2010, 01:44 PM

Wendylynn: Yay!!!!!!

Wow -so many of us in the 2 WW at the same time!! I hope we get lots and lots of BFPs around here in the next couple weeks.

AFM: 6 dpo. Still nothing to report. Hoping my body can hang on a couple more days so I can get my progesterone test on Thursday before AF shows her face. I haven't been temping the last few days. I think it is helping take some of the stress away. I temped long enough to confirm O and maybe I'll start again in a couple days - or maybe not.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 PM

Quote:
LOVE this idea!!! Now I feel like maybe I want to come up with some sort of cute idea...lol!

Quote:
YAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-05-2010, 03:23 PM

Hi ladies,
I've been trying to find relative info on my situation but couldn't find any that answers my question.
I don't know if I'm still in fertile window or not (or if/when I "O" ed). My LO is 19 mo, still nursing, No PPAF yet but I saw EWCM last Wednesday for the first time so we dtd, also on Thursday dtd. (Funny thing is we've never decided to do this like waiting for my ovulation to TTC, once I saw ewcm, I felt like we can do dtd since we haven't done it for awhile). I've been having mild cramps on and off since last Monday (more than a week ago) and cranky like impending period. I thought if I did O somewhere around that time last week I shouldn't have cm this much but I'm still having cm like when you are fertile. I don't know how to check cervix, just know to look at cm. I've never checked BBT.
My DH got sick on last Saturday with stomach bug and migraine so we didn't dtd since last Thursday. I don't know if I'm missing out fertile period or having period back or conceived. On top of this, my stomach is bubbly and I totally lost appetite, don't feel like doing anything (actually I took a nap 2 days in a row after nursing LO for a nap, I haven't done this for a while) but then it could be from this stomach bug my family is having...
I know many ladies do it but I had a doubt this morning, how I will be able to cope pregnancy with 19 mo old who is a sneaky trouble maker LOL... (also with 2 older kids...)
Baby dust to all who are waiting...

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 PM

Wendylynn - Yay!!!

naturallyspeaking - I am pretty sure I ovulated on Saturday, and leading up to ovulation, I had well over a week with tons of EWCF. It might have been my first ovulation since DD was born, or it might have been my first in over a year (there's a questionable situation last August...) You might just still be gearing up.

AFM - my temp is still above the coverline today (though not as high as yesterday, so I'm still skeptical). Could I please be moved to the 2WW?

Deb, crunchier-than-I-expected-to-be mama to my beautiful DD (07/2008), forever missing my October 2010 and January 2011 angels
Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Hooray!!!

Katie
Old 10-05-2010, 05:32 PM

ok, so what the heck!!!??? I go in to my docs, they do a urine pg test, and the doc comes in with a woman cnm to ask a bunch of ?s. Then he explains that the test was negative, and that they'll send me for some bloodwork to verify. Then he asks what b/c we're using, and if I were pg, if I'd be ok with that. He was actually very nice about it, but I'm in the office about to cry. Then I asked him if the test is as sensitive as one I'd use, he said yes, or even better. Then he said I can call tomorrow am to check the results.

So, I'm at the grocery store picking up stuff for the week, and said, what the hell, I'm gonna buy another answer just to see it for myself....since I've had no bleeding and actually do have some pg sxs. As soon as I get home, 1.5 hrs after peeing at the doc office and with just a few drops of urine, I take the test. Immediately, it came up blaring positive! The test line is darker than the control line!! I'm soooo glad of course, but also a lil upset that I had to feel like that even if only for an hour . Guess just goes to show you how sensitive the tests are OTC these days !

Thanks for the input girls on the dollar tree test! No more guessing or worrying for me, well, at least for the most part LOL. I think I can finally relax a bit and bask in the fact that I AM pregnant !

naturallyspeaking~If you're having EWCM, I would definately bd....if pg is indeed your goal . I know it is hard being pg and caring for a nb while having other children that depend on you. That's when you have to rely on your dh and anyone else that can help you out ! I highly reccommend fertility friend if you're going to chart temp...it is very helpful, especially if you have no af to go by!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
Old 10-05-2010, 05:34 PM

Wendlynnn, congrats!!

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 10-05-2010, 05:38 PM

Congrats Daisy!
I see that you have younger LO than mine with more older kids LOL...
We can't dtd for anytime soon, dh has been sick since Saturday with stomach bug and migraine, he just came home from work complaining his stomach is still upset. Whatever God's will be done LOL...

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
Old 10-05-2010, 08:09 PM

CONGRATS both SCM & Daisy & Wendylynn, too!!

I am thrilled for you both.

How annoying, Daisy, about your Dr. - sounds like he's completely out of touch with HPTS. Must have been so scary for you.

SoCali - I couldn't be happier for you, and what timing!!! (funny about your DH's missed SA appt!) It is very inspiring to read about your success, particularly after your extended time TTC. I can just imagine the excitement in your household (and beyond) for this much wanted & waited for LO. What a lucky baby! Makes me feel more patient & hopeful that I'll be so lucky some day.

Best of luck to everyone in the 2 ww

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
Old 10-05-2010, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

Jessica~ how crazy about your dr's urine test being ---. Glad he ordered a blood test for you. My dr ordered a blood test to confirm since i had a history of m/c.

zwitterion~

peaches' mom~ Yeah everyone is excited and happy about it.

for everyone still in the 2ww

Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 AM

Thanks for all the congrats! And babydust to everyone in the tww!!

Here's the pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54603146@N06/5056324814/

Can you see the line? I guess no af is the big tip-off.

loving mommy to DD (3/08), brokenheart.gif our little strawberry (7/10). brokenheart.gif little seedling (10/10). brokenheart.gif little pear (4/11). Praying for a Rainbow - due Nov!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***rainbow1284.gif**

Old 10-06-2010, 10:09 AM

Just a quick update. I'm now in my 2 week window. I'm 3dpo.

Old 10-06-2010, 10:23 AM

woohoo swimming=duck!

Hmmmm, the page says "this photo is private" Wendlynn. Anways, as they say "a line is a line" lol. CONGRATS again!

Beta was 268 , so we're looking good!!!!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:

I know nothing about beta #s, so I'll take your word for it.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I know nothing about beta #s, so I'll take your word for it.
Ditto that. and from me too!

Ok ladies. Desperate for help here...I'm trying to work with my weak little LP and have two choices for this first cycle TTC (CD1 today). My last LP was 9 days. This cycle I can either just go with the 9 days and hope for the best (and hope my LP gets even longer this month), or try taking 10 days worth of progesterone. I really have no idea what to do.
My hesitation on the progesterone is that the one cycle I tried it, while I had a solid 11 day LP that cycle, I ended up with a 6 day LP the next month which is way shorter than usual. Also, assuming I use the progesterone and we fertilize an eggy and it starts to implant - what's to stop AF from showing once I stop the progesterone on 11dpo? This is frustrating me.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Just a quick update. I'm now in my 2 week window. I'm 3dpo.
Me too! I got crosshairs today! I'm 3dpo and officially in the 2WW! Blah. Now I need a hobby.

Quote:
That's a great number! I can't believe the urine test was negative in the dr's office! That's absurd! Congratulations, mama!!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM

Wendlynnn - Congrats! looks good!

Daisy420 - That visit sounded very frustrating! I also know zip about Beta numbers but yay for 268

Tourist - I also have a short lp. Anywhere from 8-11 days. It seems to vary, but Ive been taking vitex and b6 and maca, but not for long....Hope your LP gets longer!

Swimming-duck _ I agree. Looks like you O'd on CD 13 or maybe 14. Good luck!

AFM Im in the 2ww. Here's my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e0e86. Our timing was not great this month so I don't want to get my hopes up, but Im hoping if not preggers than at least a longer LP. I don't know if I can deal with the disappointment if AF finds me. I said a horrible thing the other day to my DH. It was a particularly crazy day. DS was acting up, lots of tantrums that day, I was SUPER irritable and DH has been sick and I'm very worried about him, but also annoyed that he has been out of commission yk? Anyway I said something to the effect of I hope Im not pregnant cause I can't deal with doing this all over again

UGHHH I totally didn't mean it at all. I feel like a idiot and hope I haven't jinxed myself. I tend to be fairly superstitious.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post
Anyway I said something to the effect of I hope Im not pregnant cause I can't deal with doing this all over again

UGHHH I totally didn't mean it at all. I feel like a idiot and hope I haven't jinxed myself. I tend to be fairly superstitious.
Oh, mama! Be gentle w/yourself! I say things like this all the time when DD is being a nudge!! It's hard to wrap your head around doing it all over again when times are stressfull! Don't worry - it was only out of frustration. You know that!

User Tag List