Nursing Mamas TTC October - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 370 Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches' mom View Post
Sarah - I really hesitate to comment because I realize that I am seeing things through thyroid-coloured glasses lately (due to my recent diagnosis & all that I've been learning). However, what strikes me about your charts is how low your BBT is. Low temps occur with hypothyroidism (one of the symptoms is infertility). Apparently temps under about 36.4 Celsius are worth looking into.
FWIW, in years past my average pre O temp was 36.45, but in recent months it has been closer to 36.2. I was diagnosed as hypothyroid in September.

Also, I don't know if this is connected or not, but I had been having EWCM even after O & throughout my cycle. After being on the meds for a month, my CM is textbook.

I hope I'm wrong, but just in case it may be worth looking into. Best of luck to you!
That's pretty scary. I just did a chart overlay with your chart sarah and our temps are very similar. I had my thyroid checked when I was pregnant with DD and everything was fine. Is it possible that things could have changed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 370 Old 10-17-2010, 10:17 AM

I'll have to look into the symptoms of hypothyroidism and see if anything sounds familiar. I've always had a low temp. I was charting in F back in 2004 and my recollection is that my temps were right around 97 even back then. So this isn't a recent change for me.

Hm, now it's a few hours later and I came back to post my thoughts after looking at the symptoms and see that I never posted this. Oops. Anyway, none of it really sounds like me, so hopefully I'm just chilly.

Are the concerning temps below 36.4C pre-O or post-O numbers? My post-O is usually in the vicinity of 36.6 to 36.9. Pre-O is most commonly 36.1 or 2.

Thanks for pointing this out to me!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#243 of 370 Old 10-17-2010, 10:48 AM

Savah & Sarah - Please don't be worried about it, low temps are not definitive for hypothyroid (and I am not a health professional....). In no way am I trying to scare you. I just felt the low temps were worth pointing out, and possibly looking into further. Keep in mind the normal TSH range (which is usually done with any CBC blood test, and is used as the gauge for thyroid functioning) can be off for many people. My suggestion would be that if you are having symptoms you may want to ask your HCP to run the free T4, free T3, and antibodies tests to be sure all is well.

BTW, the <36.4 C refers to pre O temps.

I am really sorry if I have caused you stress. Totally not my intention.

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#244 of 370 Old 10-17-2010, 11:42 AM

No stress here. I appreciate your advice. I'd much rather be made aware of a possibility that is'nt the case than miss something that other people can see in me (or my child) that they're afraid to mention to me.

Thanks!

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#245 of 370 Old 10-17-2010, 12:20 PM

Is there always an implantation dip? If you had one before are you more likely to always have one on pg cycle?

Just wondering. I have a few days left before I'd expect to see one but wanted to ask in case!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/250614

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#246 of 370 Old 10-17-2010, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Interesting. You know, over the years of temping on & off, I was always surprised by how low my temps always seemed compared to others' charts. But I don't think I have any sort of thyroid problem. My temps were always below 97 degrees before O & the highest they ever reached was 97.6, crazy high for me. I don't believe I've ever been tested for any thyroid related stuff, but haven't ever had reason to. I suppose some women are just cold??

So I'm 7dpo. I am a ridiculous POASaholic so of course I already tested this morning. LOL Negative, of course. My cervix is soooooo firm & high & tightly closed. Definitely different than usual! But who knows if that means anything at all. But at least it gives me something fun to secretly obsess over!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#247 of 370 Old 10-18-2010, 12:44 AM

Hi mamas! Just jumping in here to introduce myself, since I seem to be lurking.

My LO is 12.5months old and still nursing strong, still 3x a night as well as a lot during the day. I am still waiting for my fist PPAF. I never thought I would go this long without AF. . .it's not a bad thing exactly, but my DH and I are starting to talk about TTC #2 (we ain't getting any younger!). Ideally, I'd love to get pregnant this coming summer (he'd like to get pg now, but he won't be the one home with two under two!). It's drives a planner like me crazy to not be able to predict any of this TTC thing! I have no idea how long it will take for my cycles to return or to normalize. I don't want to force any changes on my LOs nursing at this point. Hopefully in the next 6 months I will get my fertility back without having to do any sort of weaning (although I would love to STTN again!).

Anywho. . .we aren't preventing anymore. So maybe I'll catch that first egg? But I imagine I'll be hanging out here for awhile. And that's okay, I'll be able to see lots of BFPs while I am here hopefully. I am a total POAS addict, so being here is almost as good as a "fix".

I guess add me too Waiting to be Ready.

Also, I'd love to start charting again, but my LO still gets me up so much at night, I'm not sure its worth it. I have been watching my CM (which isn't much). When did you start charting again? After the first PPAF or before? And what's the best way to chart with night wakings?

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#248 of 370 Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM

-Kismetbaby~ Hope ur stay here is short!!

Cindy~Sorry to hear about your FSH #..... Hoping its just due to bfing, but I have no knowledge about its relation to that hormone .

Nolliesmama~Definately not!!!! non pg charts show an "implantation dip" sometimes, and a lot of pg chart don't have one. So, it really doesn't mean much!! Two of the 3 pgs I've charted have had an implantation dip; the other just showed triphasic at about 10 dpo. this is it for you!!!

My ultrasound is tomorrow !! My doc appt went well last week, but of course I'm not looking forward to all the bloodwork . She ordered lots of extra stuff to cover our bases like the thyroid panel, metabolic panel, uric acid screening, protein screening, etc. All of that on top of the usual pregnancy panel!!!! Ohhhh boy, I'm gonna be a pin cushion!! I don't think I've ever had an u/s this early....but she wanted to check dates since my cycles have been between 24-46 days!!!!! I did tell her I think I'm not as far along as what she thinks. They give me a due date of 6/10! I think it should be 6/14 based on my O day. But I'm sure she prob won't change it if its only off 4 days . Just wish they would put more stock into when I THINK I got pg LOL!!!! I'll keep u all posted on how it goes tomorrow.....

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#249 of 370 Old 10-18-2010, 11:38 AM

kismetbaby: Welcome! I'm waiting on my first PPAF as well with a baby who is turning 11 months this week. She only wakes up once a night (or less) so I just chart temps anyway although I know other ladies who only chart cp and cm when they have multiple night wakings.

I will tell you that it is frustrating charting without PPAF though. I have had lots of returning fertility signs, but I think my "cycle" is annovulatory and I'm about to stop charting for a few months I think because it's kinda driving me crazy.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#250 of 370 Old 10-18-2010, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Updated List To Here

kismetbabyWelcome to the group.

Nolliesmama~ I've seen lots of charts without implantation dips that were pregnant . for you.

zjande~ for you.

Jessica~ They should change your due date based on the u/s, that is the point of having it done is for a accurate due date based on measurements.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#251 of 370 Old 10-18-2010, 06:55 PM

Daisy: My midwife argued w/me over my due date w/DD. I was charting and knew exactly and had short cycles and they went based on their wheeel. I ended up being closer. I doubt a few days makes a difference, except when you end up going late and start running out of time to birth out of hospital.

AFM: Well ladies, I've bit the bullet and weaned! DD hasn't nursed since Friday night. I'm not calling her officially weaned yet - will give it a few more days to make it official. I just have to know if my body is messed up from nursing or from something else. DD hasn't batted an eye about it so I feel ok with it.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#252 of 370 Old 10-18-2010, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the welcomes ladies. I never thought I'd be looking forward to AF showing up like this! It's just so weird to not know when or where. ..

Daisy: I wound up cheating and telling my MW and the u/s office that the "first day of my last period" was two days later than it actually was. . .b/c that is what corresponded with what I was pretty sure was my O date. And the u/s confirmed that date. Don't know why they will never believe that you know your own O date.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#253 of 370 Old 10-19-2010, 02:11 PM

Kami~You would think they would want the edd to be as accurate as possible, but when I was pg with ds#3 they gave me an u/s to determine dates also. Even when the u/s said my dd should be 10/16, she still stuck with the original edd of 10/11 since it was pretty close. I O'd on cd 26 , but of course she didn't belive that was possible lol (that was a different MW, though.)

My neighbor is due in May and goes to the same OB I do, and she had an u/s to check size and dates, the u/s gave her a edd of 5/27, but the OB still stuck with the original edd of 5/22 . So, IDK . We'll find out tomorrow since they screwed up and scheduled my appt at 3 pm instead of 9 am and I had to change it for tomorrow since I have to get the kids off the bus . Just praying everything looks good and maybe we'll be able to see a heartbeat ! And I guess the edd doesn't matter much.....The baby will come when he/she chooses to anyway LOL!

BTW~My neighbor officially thinks the father of her unborn child is either her dh or my dh's friend by about 60/40....so it may end up being VERY ugly when they request a paternity test after the baby comes . I tried to convince him to pay for a CVS test from 10-13 wks, but i think its too expensive for him. Its just going to be a mess legally and emotionally since the husband will be assumed to be the dad and will be on the birth cert. If it ends up not being his, it'll be true crazyness, getting forms filled out, going to court to change the bc not to mention will probably result in divorce!!!! It just makes me so angry, especially knowing he has no clue that he may not be the father!!!!

Cindy~Wow, I hope it continues to go smoothly for you in your journey

Kismetbaby~That's a great idea, wish I would've thought of that b4 lol!!!

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#254 of 370 Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 PM

Haven't been on for awhile...but wanted to pop in to say, I got a BFP
DH and I weren't actually going to try until next month. So, we only DTD once and it was several days before I ovulated, but I guess it was meant to be and now I am so happy! I was thinking that I would wait until November so I could enjoy some drinking at Halloween...but now I can't even care.

I have to catch up on the rest of you ladies, I haven't had much time this month...and now, wow, so much to do!

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
#255 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 09:32 AM

Congratulations aleatha5!

Please move me to the TWW. My very first TWW since the birth of my DD! 3DPO, we'll see what happens. Our timing/frequency wasn't ideal but you never know.

Katie
#256 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

aleatha5~ Congrats

Jessica~ That is crazy about the obgyn not changing the due date. With my son i told the obgyn what date it was and after the measurements were done that was the due date so she went by that. I expect the same with this baby. i hate that some still think that every women o's on cd14.

Cindy~ Glad having weaned has gone smoothly.

CrunchyKatie~

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#257 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 AM

Daisy ~ Congrats!!! Your edd is going to be the day dh and I have been married for 7 years.. I am so sorry about what happened at the docs office.. HUGS Wow you ahve a lot of bdays together too.. We are not doing good with the tta..

GReenmamma ~ I am taking maca in pill form and I am waiting on ppaf.

Mamaw/two ~ were do you get your maca? Congrat!!!

SoCaliMommy ~congrats!!! How scary that that doc was being like that I am glad you got them.. Great betas....

Marnica ~ I am taking the pills too but I only take 2200mg...

lifeguard ~ I am so sorry about your FIL

Naturallyspeaking ~ I hope to tandem nurse I wanted to with my 1st but then he weaned long before I got pg with the twins. Somy goal is to get pg while he is still bfing...

sarahmck ~ So sorry to hear of your miscarriage

Wendlynnn ~ I am so sorry Hugs!!!

zwitterion ~ Congrats!!!!

swimming-duck ~ Congrats!!!!

zubeldia and kismetbaby ~ Welcome I hope your stay here is short and sweet..

aleatha5 ~ Congrats!!!!!!

Well I am still waiting on ppaf. We are tta but we are not doing a good job at it at all. We dtd last night and I had strong cramping on the left side like o pain but no ewcm. So I am guessing that is was nothing and our dtd does not matter at all. I am getting so tired of waiting on ppaf. DS is bfing all day and night with no slow down at all. He bfs more then my oldest at this age so I am guessing that ppaf is not going to come like it did with him at 15 months cause then it should be here Nov 5th. I have started taking the maca(I have not been good at taking it every day but I am trying to do better), B6, B-complex, and prenatal vit.
I am thinking of buying opks but hate wasting money when I have no clue when I well o at all.

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#258 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM

aleatha: hooray! Congrats!

CrunchyKatie: Good luck!

littlestinkers: I'm waiting on ppaf too! I know it an be a bother.

AFM:Just hanging out, thinking of stopping charting until ppaf. And hating Fertility Friend, who still says I O'd.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#259 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 12:23 PM

Jumping in from lurking! WE are TTC #3. We have a three year old (this coming Sunday) and an almost 1 year old (two weeks from now) who is still nursing. PPAF came back at 6 months and now that my cycles seem to have regulated, we feel ready!!! Ovulation tomorrow (?) so we'll see!!!! Please add us!!!!
#260 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 02:15 PM

Please move me to 2WW.

#261 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 02:40 PM

jkseawell- Welcome & congratulations on TTC! Yay! My youngest just turned 1 on 10/12.

aleatha- CONGRATULATIONS!

KaliShanti- I hate charting before my 1st PPAF, too. I prefer to just keep very close tabs on my cervix instead.

littlestinkers- I hope you see that darn AF soon!

Daisy420- Blecch, what a depressing situation your neighbor's in.

As for me- 10dpo & no signs of AF! I actually started feeling a little hopeful yesterday as I felt a little queasiness on & off. But then this morning I def had AF-like cramps so I announced to DH that "all his sperm swam the wrong way." But... the cramps have since stopped so who knows! I tested last night, BFN. I didn't test this morning because my mom's here & doesn't really like kids or large families or anything & I would have an impossible time *not* bouncing out of the bathroom squealing in joy, sooooooo, I'm waiting to test again til dh is home.

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#262 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 03:09 PM

Hi ladies!

I haven't been on in over a week. Life/work got crazy. I have been sick. DS has been sick and now DH has it and I have so little time as it is!

Congrats to any BFP's and sorry to anyone who got AF while I was gone.

AFM:
Had the HSG test yesterday. All is well with the tubes just like I knew it was. DH dropped off his SA today. Im sure that will be fine as well. The thing that is weirding me out if the possibiltiy of a thyroid/adrenal problem. None of my alloptathic docs are taking me seriously and insisting lab work is "fine". My TSH is slightly elevated by the narrowed standards at 3.05. Free t4 and Free t3 and smack dab in the middle of the "normal" range and antibodies was negative, but I know that I need to have the reverese t3 tested. My hypothesis is that I may have a subclinical hypothyroid (hence all the hypo sxs) as a result of adrenal fatigue. (have alot of sxs of that as well although there is some crossover with the thyroid sxs. My ND is trying to help me out, but I think I need an MD as ND's cannot prescribe in my state. I have an appt with a MD who specializes in this type of stuff on 11/2. He is an MD but is into alternative medicine as well. The only problem is that he doesn't take insurance and he is CRAZY expensive. I mean it's extortion, but he's the only game in town or anywhere around here that I can find.

I just feel like maybe now is a terrible time to get pg. If my body is run down and fatigued and my adrenals are shot, pregnancy would only add fuel to the fire. I really don't know what to do. Feeling very confused/pressured(cause Im 38 already!)/and worried about how much seeing this doc will cost!

Im on CD 12, no EWM yet and Ive been bad bad bad about taking my b6 and vitex because ive been sick....sigh

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#263 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 03:35 PM

aleatha5 - Congrats!!!!

I'm still in the TWW. It's 9dpo for me today and I'm holding out trying not to test early. I've had random sickness since 1dpo which is odd for me as I haven't been sick in almost 2 yrs. My temps are still up but no implantation dip yet so I'm not too hopeful.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/250614

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#264 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

jkseawell~ Welcome to the group. I put you in the 2ww since you think your O'ing soon.

Marnica~

zjande~

#265 of 370 Old 10-20-2010, 11:16 PM

I'm getting really excited & totally impatient to test tonight. And tomorrow morning. And probably tomorrow night.

I've felt a little bit queasy on & off today just like yesterday...

#266 of 370 Old 10-21-2010, 01:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Congrats to all the new BFPs!!

I've been having lots of ewcm every day now, but my cervix is closed up tight. Bah.

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#267 of 370 Old 10-21-2010, 09:25 AM

I'm very annoyed that my chart this month isn't quite so clear as usual. There are three possible O dates by my reading of it and with one I'd be pregnant now, one I'd probably be pregnant now, and the final one I would still be solidly in the 2WW. Aargh. I've been slightly nauseated in the afternoons for the last three days. But that would be REALLY early for a symptom, wouldn't it? I'm only 12, 10 or 7 days post-O. My LP is pretty much always 10. I don't want to test until I'm pretty sure that it will be positive because I don't have a stash of cheapie tests. Just one drugstore test and no place to get cheapies here except mail order from the UK. Anyone have any opinions about my O date? If FF is right, my CM was seriously badly timed.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/15c6bc

#268 of 370 Old 10-21-2010, 09:52 AM

Well we were to tta but lets just say we are not good at that at all.... But I am pretty sure that we have nothing to worry about at all... I just want to either o and catch it or start my cycles so I have something to look forward too. I hate this waiting when you have no clue when it might come at all... I don't even remember the last time I had ewcm. I did have very strong o type pain but with the lack of cm I am sure it was not o. I tried to get lo to bf less last night but he would not lay down unless it was in his mouth. I just dont know what to do. I don't mind bfing once or twice but all stinking night... Between my nipples getting sore and knowing that ppaf will never come until he bfs less at night. I just want to scream

Sandra Mommy to Z 3/1/05, Z and Z Boy/girl twins 8/6/07, Z 8/5/09, and Z 3/23/12... Pregnant with #6 due in Aug!
#269 of 370 Old 10-21-2010, 10:05 AM

Maca users how long have you been on it and what have to noticed it has done so far? How much do you take and where did you buy it?

#270 of 370 Old 10-21-2010, 11:11 AM

Darn, AF found me yesterday and I was soooo hoping that this was our month. One the bright side my LP was 3 days longer than it was last cycle and I'm trying out the mama pads I made. So far they are great

Aleatha

Partner  partners.gif(10 years) Mother to Lily hearts.gif (4 years), Jonas babyboy.gif (1.5 years),  1 dog , and 1 cat 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page