Daisy420~
ErinYay
seafox
solejean
SoCaliMommy~
TXmom2~

October Thread Hostess: SoCaliMommy

Please put all changes in bold
The little * next to a name is just my way of keeping track if someone posts at least 1 time during the month.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(10),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#2 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 02:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I started Maca last Friday, so tomorrow (October 1st) will make it one week and I have already noticed some changes. More energy, wet/ewcm..even some that was pink-tinged!, and feeling more "in the mood". Here's to hoping!

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#3 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Subbing!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#4 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 10:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post
I started Maca last Friday, so tomorrow (October 1st) will make it one week and I have already noticed some changes. More energy, wet/ewcm..even some that was pink-tinged!, and feeling more "in the mood". Here's to hoping!
I started Maca recently too, although I have to say i don't notice much difference yet...its been a good 2-3 weeks too! How many mg do you take?

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#5 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 AM - Thread Starter

GreenMamma~ hope it helps and you end up getting a bfp

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#6 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 11:13 AM

okay ladies.......

10 dpo with FMU on answer brand. I think its official!!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54462259@N06/5041266267/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54462259@N06/5041890844/

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#7 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 11:46 AM

Daisy: Congratulations! I couldn't be more happy for you!! :-) Have you told DH yet? How?

Socali: Loved your idea for telling DH! Have you told him yet? How did he react?

AFM: PLease move me to to the 2 week wait! I think I am 2 dpo. I played around with future temps on FF and got crosshairs. So off to the lab I go today for a progesterone test to confirm that I did O. I'm hoping to end up in the same due date club as Daisy and Socali! A june birthday sounds lovely.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#8 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Marnica - Are you doing pills or powder? I'm taking the powder since I've read that is much more effective than the pills. And I am taking 1 Tbsp a day. Today I thought maybe I'd add the Vitex with it for the month and see if there's any change by then. Are you waiting for your first ppaf too?

Daisy - Congratulations!!!

Vegan Princess - Hope to hear of your BFP next week!

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#9 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 PM

Did I miss that post?? What was ur idea for telling DH Kami? I haven't told dh yet Cindy.....he's been a little grumpy today and has a lot on his mind . I'm just waiting for a good time I guess! I have NO IDEA how I'm going to spill it yet.

Cindy~Hope ur prog test goes well, and here's to another very soon for you!!!

Thanks girls for all of your congrats .

Jessica knit.gif and familybed2.gif mamma to dd 9/09, ds 10/07, ds 2/05, angel1.gif10/03, ds 3/03, dd 12/00, expecting #6  2ndtri.gif  in June 2011. Furrbabies: 2 dogs, 4 cats, and 5 guinnea pigs
#10 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post
Are you taking a powder or a tincture? Great to hear about the energy, I could sure use some of that! I've been taking some of the tincture, and have also noticed TONS more ewcm. It's giving me so much hope.

Daisy420 - Congratulations!!!! Did you do anything different this month?

VeganPrincess - Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

AFM - I had an opk that was so close to + that I'm not sure if it is or not. I marked it as - in ff, because I think it will be a complete + by this afternoon or tomorrow morning. I'm only on cd 12, so this is super early for me. I'm hoping it's not just a false start.
My baby boy (16 monthes) was up nursing all night long, darn molars, I can't wait for it to break through so we can go back to normal.
#11 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 03:01 PM

mamaw/two, my youngest is 16 months as well and we're working on the molars at our house. Seems like all she wanted to do yesterday was nurse nurse nurse...

Now that my 1st ppaf is here I wonder how regular it will be... How has it been the for those of you mommas who've had your cycles back for a while now? I know everyone is different, but just curious. I'm hoping they're not like 50 days long... I am taking a B complex so we'll see how it goes I guess! CD 5, and I'm trying out this diva cup. After the first couple of days I have to say I love it! At least my periods won't be so bad in that respect.

I can't believe it is October already! So happy for you both socali and daisy!

Katie
#12 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 03:23 PM

Daisy - Wow - you have restraint. I've never been able to keep it to myself for the slightest second when I was pregnant! Good luck with telling your DH and Congrats again!

AFM: I've started fertile cm a bit earlier this month it seems. I don't know though. I usually have a long patch of fertile cm before I O. So often my O date isn't until cd17 or 18. I'd definitely welcome an earlier O date. I guess time will tell.

I am very excited about my pre-O temps also. They're up. Normally my pre-O temps were in the 96.2-96.8 range. THIS cycle they're in the 97.2 - 97.6 range. That's after being on a thyroid medication for a few months. So I'm hoping this is the magic ticket for me. I have to admit that I feel much more hopeful this cycle than I have past cycles.

In fact, I was so NOT hopeful that I avoided all TTC online groups. But I feel ready for this now. And I know that I'm new here, but I feel like everyone's been pretty friendly thus far. Thanks!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#13 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Congratulations Daisy!!
Socalimommy, did i miss you bfp??? Congratulations!!!!!!!
Maya
#14 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 PM

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/244ba2

My chart link for the list!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#15 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

Jessica~ I knit a little onesie that was ment to hold a gift card and stuck the test inside it and on the back i used a safety pin to pin on a paper that had the edd written on it.

Cindy~ that you get a bfp.

contactmaya~ i had posted it yesterday.

CrunchyKatie~ I know after my daughter i started having 28day- 30 day cycles pretty soon after that first af. before i got pregnant with her my cycles were in the 35day range.

I think it's safe to say it's offical so far .... took a digital this afternoon and saw Pregant sent the picture in a text message to dh lol since he wasn't sure about the faint line from yesterday. I almost told my mom this morning at breakfast but didn't.

#16 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 04:58 PM

Quote:
GreenMamma;15903481]Marnica - Are you doing pills or powder? I'm taking the powder since I've read that is much more effective than the pills. And I am taking 1 Tbsp a day. Today I thought maybe I'd add the Vitex with it for the month and see if there's any change by then. Are you waiting for your first ppaf too?
I'm using 3,000mg of the pills....Geez i bought 3 bottles. I hope it's effective??
As for AF, no way. Ive had AF back for over a year! I'm also taking Vitex. Have been taking that for about 1.5 cycles now.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#17 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 05:04 PM

Ok ladies,

Im super confused here.

I got crosshairs on FF that has me Oing on Tuesday. My first temp spike was tuesday morning. I got a positive OPK tuesday night (didn't take one on the am) and a negative one on wednesday night. I went for tests at the docs on Tuedsday morning around 11 am. She told me that I hadn't O'd yet, but I could expect to within the next day or 2 based on what she was seeing in the ultra sound and my labwork.

So this info is contradictory. She told me I wasn't going to O until wed or thursday, yet FF has me Oing on tuesday. Here is my chart and Im afraid if FF is correct, our timing was OFF yet again. SIGH What do you all think?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e0e86

#18 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 05:39 PM

Marnica - was your temp abnormal for some reason on day 16? If you discard that temp, it might move your O date to the next day. But it is also possible that you had a dip that is common right before ovulation. My temp almost always dips on the day that I O. Perhaps you O'd later in the day - after your appointment. I suppose later in the day could fall in the realm of in the next day or two? Without discarding, I would go with FF.

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

#19 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 05:57 PM - Thread Starter

Marnica~ I'd probably agree with your FF chart on O day, it probably happened later that day.

#20 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 PM

Daisy - congrats!!!!

Socalimommy - that is such a cute way of telling! I'm not that creative.

AFM - I got an appt with the fertility clinic for Nov. 1 (one month from now). I could have gotten in earlier but with dh's dad being sick it hasn't been worth it - too much going on. FIL passed away this aft so we'll see what the next few weeks hold.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

#21 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

lifeguard~ my not so cute way was telling my mom i sent her a private message on facebook lol, one with the back picture of the knitted onsie, the front of the onsie and the digital saying pregant, and she goes why didn't you tell me at breakfast this morning lol i almost did tell her then. I then also sent the same thing to my dad on facebook lol.

I 'm so sorry to hear your FIL passed away

that you get a + before your fertility clinic appointment.

#22 of 370 Old 10-01-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegan Princess View Post
Marnica - was your temp abnormal for some reason on day 16? If you discard that temp, it might move your O date to the next day. But it is also possible that you had a dip that is common right before ovulation. My temp almost always dips on the day that I O. Perhaps you O'd later in the day - after your appointment. I suppose later in the day could fall in the realm of in the next day or two? Without discarding, I would go with FF.

Cindy
I thought that huge dip on day 16 was weird too. It could be inaccurate...maybe I got up or something? I honestly don't remeber. But if all is accutare and FF is right, timing off again thanks to DH being sick on Sunday and Monday. grrrrrrr. Im hoping for the best and at the very least a longer LP this month. I need to see some kind of progress or I think I might cry!

#23 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 12:20 AM

SoCali: That is a cute way to tell your family!

AFM: I don't know what my body is doing. After over a week of creamy/stick cm, I had ew/watery today tinged with blood again today. huh??

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#24 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 01:57 AM

HI there,
I have 19 month old who still loves to nurse day and night and we are open to the next baby (#4). I wanted to ask you all, are you guys planning to tandem nurse or wean once/if you get pregnant?
I heard that tandem nurse wears out mom's body so I'm not fond of that idea but feel sad that I might need to wean my baby if I get pregnant.
Also I'm kind of in the waiting clan now LOL (I never got my ppaf but had ovulation signs so we bded LOL)...

~ Have a Blessed Day!
DS 6/2002, DD 5/2006, DS Feb 2009
familybed1.gifhomebirth.jpgtoddler.gifecbaby2.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gif
#25 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

KaliShanti~ Any chance you've already O'd?

naturallyspeaking~ I added you to the list under 2ww. My son doesn't really nurse anymore, but has a few times asked to nurse for a few mins then says he's done. I have no problem with him resuming nursing once the baby is born if he was to ask to nurse i would let him. My daughter weaned at 18months old and was close to 3yrs old when my son was born and she asked to nurse after he was born and i let her try but she didn't resume nursing.

#26 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 11:59 AM

Kami~That is too cute !

Cindy~Thanks for the congrats, and I hopr u don't need that appt too !!
So sorry for your loss...

Marnica~I agree with FF and the pp....hoping your dh's swimmers were able to last....intheory, they can live up to 5 days!

Kalishanti~spotting can be a good indication that you're fertile!!! I've only had it once, but its supposed to be a good thing around O time. Get busy!!!

AFM~I told dh this morning! Didn't quite go as I had expected, though . He put his head down and shook his head, but he was smilng. I'm a lil confused with his reaction, since he has been very excited about trying and has even told me we need to put a pillow under my hips to get his swimmers closer while bding at O time this month. I think its just hard since his mom's passing will be a yr on the 7th. I know thats' where his head is right now. EDD is 6/12/2010

#27 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 12:29 PM

Naturally Speaking: I reccomend you check out the book "adventures in tandem nursing". It's put out by LLL, I think. Great book. Really eased my mind about tandem nursing. Unfortunately, I don't have the option of truly letting my daughter nurse as much as she wants with a new baby bc I have low milk supply and had to supplement to have enough for one baby. I'm hoping to have more milk the next go round but I'm being realistic (I've had surgery so there is damage done). Anyway, I have weaned my daughter down to 1x/day (she is 20 months) and I plan to let her nurse that 1x as long as she would like - even with a new baby. My SIL weaned her 15 month old down to 2x/day when she got pregnant and is still nursing her 2x/day at age 2.5, even though her little one is now 5 months old. Doesn't seem to bother her a bit.

AFM: 3 dpo. Nothing exciting. We entered into escrow last month's 2 week wait and then walked away the day after AF arrived. The house is back on the market and there is a chance we might put another offer in. Buying a house is a great distraction from the 2 week wait. Super stressful though!

Cindy

#28 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 04:33 PM

naturallyspeaking: Not planning on tandem nursing, I don't think. I'll nurse throughout my pregnancy if I can. I've heard of lots of moms doing it no problem though.

Daisy: Sorry your reaction from DH wasn't all that you wanted. *hugs*

AFM: No, I don't think I've O'd because my temps are lower than they normally are after Oing (what I remember from last TTC year) and not climbing. To be honest, I'm afraid it's just the maca or vitex messing with me and nothing is going on at all. But at least this is the first watery/egwhite cm I've seen since the first month or so postpartum.

Jesus-loving Doula/Birth Photographer Mama to Tor 4/2007, Zion 11/2009, Enoch 11/2011, and Zephyr due 12/13/2013

#29 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 05:54 PM

Socalimommy- That is extremely sweet about your 3 year old wanting to give nursing another go when your son was born. I'm sure your supporting her and allowing her to try meant the world to her!

Daisy - I'm sorry that DH's reaction wasn't what you wanted. Hopefully as he gets through this time period of remembering and grieving the loss of his mother his excitement for and ability to focus on the new baby will increase.

Vegan Princess - Buying a house is a great distraction! My hubby and I went through the process earlier this year. It's insanely busy and time-consuming, but well worth it in the end!

AFM: I don't know if it's that this is my first cycle TTC after my self-imposed break or what, but I feel like the days until O are just crawling by! I guess that's not a bad thing. It gives me and DH lots of time to BD and do all we can from our end, but watching everyone else get to test makes me want to at least be in the 2WW! As it is, I'm only on cd12 and I typically don't ovulate until cd15 or 16 or so.

#30 of 370 Old 10-02-2010, 08:01 PM

Thanks for the hugs girls.....as the day has gone by, dh is definately getting a lil giddy lol.

swimming-duck~Sorry ur wait to o seems so long, but at least ur not waiting 20 something days like I have many a month lol. And I'm sure there are many here that due to bfing have o'd MUCH later than that even . Hope it makes ya feel a bit better .

Kalishanti~Hmmmm, what the heck?? I have heard some others here talk about Vitex making them spot....was it u Cindy?? Hope u O soon!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page