30-something mamas TTC #2 or more - October - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 209 Old 10-29-2010, 11:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulpen88 View Post
tjjazzy - Without temps, I'd ignore whatever FF has to say about whether you're fertile or not. If you typically have short cycles, the odds are good that you've already O'd on CD23. There's always the chance that you're having a strange cycle though. That's why I like using OPKs and checking CP too. I just need all the pieces of information I can gather to know when I O.

yeah, it's just going by my recordings of CM and really all the changes there could be b/c of anything. if it hasn't happened this month, i'm thinking that i'll start recording temps in november. i think that month is going to be a write-off anyway b/c DH is going away for a week. with my luck that's O week!!

oh well, AF is due on sunday...i guess we'll know in a couple days!

what is CP?

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 209 Old 10-29-2010, 11:31 AM

CP = cervical position. When you're fertile, it's high, soft and open. Non-fertile is low, firm, & closed. I can't reach mine, or I'd check it.

#183 of 209 Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
CP = cervical position. When you're fertile, it's high, soft and open. Non-fertile is low, firm, & closed. I can't reach mine, or I'd check it.
ohh i was calling it cervical location in my head so CP wasn't registering. LOL i was trying to teach myself how to check that yesterday. felt soft to me the other day but i have to spend more time figuring that all out.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#184 of 209 Old 10-30-2010, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
myorianna - sorry about stupid AF!!

Callie - how'd your temps look today? I think we're pretty much in the same place in our chart.

AFM - I'm pretty sure I'm 2dpo. I don't think our timing was great though. We tried on what ended up being p-1, p-2, and p-4 but missed peak day. I know that's not a guaranteed day of ovulation and it actually happens more often on the combination of p-1 and p-2 but I still wish we'd tried on peak day too. Oh well. I just so want to get pregnant and now I feel even more pressure now that we're using progesterone and spending the money on that. I feel like we didn't have good timing and now we wasted $50 because of that and lessened our changes of getting pregnant. Ugh. I keep reminding myself our timing was still pretty good and I had lots of EWCM so I'm still keeping my fingers crossed. This is going to be a loooooooong 2ww!
#185 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 08:26 AM

Looks like I'm on my way out. Two straight days of temps falling, so it would be another very short LP, even on prometrium. I'm cramping as well, but no bleeding yet. I'm sure it'll start later today or tomorrow.

#186 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mollie - Nooooo! Ugh, I really hope that your temps recover and AF stays the heck away. However, if AF does show, please try to make an appt with an RE!

callieollie- I think that's pretty good timing, actually. Don't feel bad about spending $ on progesterone. Wouldn't you feel worse thinking that you might have conceived, but your body couldn't hold on to the pregnancy due to low progesterone?

tjjazzy - Yeah, cervical position takes awhile to figure out. I never checked it until we started TTC this time. It takes a cycle or two to get the hang of it. It's important to check CP around the same time every day, since it changes throughout the day. Did AF show? Did you test?

AFM - My temp was a little lower today, but I was also up with DS from 3-3:30, and then I couldn't sleep. Blech. I think being on a medicated cycle has definitely made my body have more pregnancy symptoms though. I keep waking up to pee in the middle of the night, which is really strange for me. I rarely had to get up to use the bathroom when I was pregnant with Nate, so it's weird for me to have to get up once or twice a night in my LP. I'm also waking up hungry in the middle of the night. And I have a ton of CM. It's all really strange. I definitely don't think I'm having any real symptoms though. I think anything I'm experiencing is just a result of all the meds.

We had a great Halloween with DS. He loved going trick-or-treating with DH. I stayed home to hand out candy. We actually had a lot of TOTers this year, and I ran out of candy with the last group. A couple of years ago we only had 1 or 2 groups all night. I guess all the neighborhood kids are getting old enough to TOT now.

Does anyone want to take over the thread for November? If so, feel free to go ahead and start it.

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#187 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 02:08 PM

AF showed up today
i might start taking my temperature. hubby is going away during what MIGHT be my ovulating time but he'll be back during some of it so i guess there's a chance.
anyone have any tips for taking my temp? all i have is an ear thermometer and i'm not buying a new one. do i take the temp even if the time i get up is in the middle of the night to pee?

#188 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM

tjjazzy--from what I know ear thermometers are not sensitive or accurate enough for fertility temping. But the kind you should have is cheaper than the ear kind. . .you can get one for $10 at target or walgreens. I'm sure someone can suggest one. Its nice to have one with backlight and one that remembers the last temp. As for when to temp, it should be after at least 5 hours sleep (I believe) and before you get up (even to pee). I used to do it at 7am when my alarm rang, now I'm not sure how I'll do it (when I start again) b/c my ds sleeps with us (don't want to wake him with the temping, and also he wakes me multiple times a night).

Sorry I don't ever have time to keep up with all the personals. But I'm sending lots of baby dust our way this month!

AFM--still waiting on PPAF. Have been having some strange cramping lately. And one night my son slept 7 hours in a row (a record for us) and the next day I had more CM than usual, but then last night he slept crappy and nursed all night. So who knows. .. my body must be very confused.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#189 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
tjjazzy--from what I know ear thermometers are not sensitive or accurate enough for fertility temping. But the kind you should have is cheaper than the ear kind. . .you can get one for $10 at target or walgreens. .
LOL neither of which we have in Canada (and anything that is $10 in the U.S. will be $15-20 here, i've found.)
i was afraid someone would say the ear thermometer won't work. well, i guess we'll keep working at it. the temp taking might just stress me more. it might've made me feel more in control too. i'm not sure.

#190 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 02:40 PM

tjjazy--sorry I didn't notice you were in Canada. . .maybe some other Canadian mamas can chime is, b/c there must be a place to get a decent BBT. What about amazon.com? Is shipping too costly?

I quite liked temping, it gave me something to obsess over. . .I mean keep track of. I'll start temping again once my AF returns.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#191 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

tjjazzy - I've known lots of Canadian mamas who temp, so I'm sure there must be a good place to get a BBT around there. Honestly, I think just about any chain drugstore or pharmacy should sell them. They're usually in the feminine products aisle, near the OPKs and stuff. There's a free charting course on Fertility Friend and it explains all the ins-and-outs of temping and charting. You can also pick up a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Either one works.

#192 of 209 Old 11-01-2010, 03:00 PM

tjjazzy - yeah, the ear therm won't work at all. They are way to fickle to show you point by point changes. A regular therm would be better, if you can get one. It is not as accurate as a basal body therm but I have used them before in a pinch.

callieollie - I agree with Callie - that is really good timing. I wish DH and I could be that close every month. And as someone said to me a couple of months ago, better to be a bit early than too late. With a bit early you have a chance - too late is, well, too late.

To everyone else - lots of baby dust wished your way!

AFM - sorry to not have been here much this mo. I kind of had to step back a bit. My DH has been of the attitude that if it happens it is meant to be. Meaning he does not even really want to know when I am going to O or not - if it happens, it happens. So this mo, he has the flu. He does not have a spleen and when he gets sick, he gets really sick and it lasts a while. We are going on day 9 for him but he is on the up swing today. Anyway, I knew when I was going to O (good guess anyway) but did not even bother to try to get him in the mood. Would you believe he woke me up one morning to DTD!!! It was the day of O!!! My temp that morning was still low and was way high the next morning. This is the closest we have been in MONTHS!!! So, am trying to be cautiously optimistic. I KNOW it is a long shot but still. . . 3 DPO.

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
#193 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Well, no bleeding, a little cramping, temp up a bit. I took my progesterone at a different time (right before work at 2pm, had to pick up a refill), and got a horrible dizzy spell from it at work, like I really thought I was going to faint. I was nauseated too. Won't do that again! I usually take it in the morning after breakfast.

So, I'm still not optimistic, as I know I had implantation spotting with my last DD, and then I had the heavy bleeding with my miscarried baby. So, I'm guessing no spotting = BFN for me. Is it possible to not have it & still be pregnant?

#194 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mollie - Whew, I'm so relieved that your temp is back up and no AF. It's definitely possible not to have implantation spotting. Have you had it with all of your pregnancies? I spotted a ton with DS, but I spot whether I'm pregnant or not, so I can't speak from my own experience. Keeping my for you!!

EllyMay - I'm so glad you were able to have great timing this month. I'm sorry your DH has the flu. I didn't realize that people without a spleen don't recover from illness as quickly. I'm pretty sure my brother had his spleen removed about 10 years ago after it ruptured in an accident.

AFM - I emailed my RE yesterday and we agreed that if I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'll have an HSG at the beginning of next cycle. DH is supposed to have his SA as well, but I haven't been able to get him to commit to scheduling it. It's kind of pissing me off. If I don't get pregnant this cycle, I'm going to have dye injected into my uterus and fallopian tubes to make sure I'm okay. All he has to do is masturbate into a cup. Seriously, it's no big deal. It is kind of a PITA to schedule it for him though, because he apparently doesn't want to, uh, "create" the sample at the RE office, which I understand. But he's a teacher and he works about 35-40 mins away from the RE office, so the other options for him to turn in the sample (within an hour) are kind of limited.

#195 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 10:47 AM

I don't remember if I had it with any of the others. I did test and it was . I'm 9DPO today, there should be *something* there by now, right? Of course someone posted a gorgeous at 9DPO in another thread . I don't know if I can handle another month of disappointment, although I should be used to it by now. I hate getting my hopes up, I don't know why I bother anymore.

#196 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 11:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mollie - There are tons of people who don't get BFPs at 9 dpo. I know one of my friends didn't get one until 14 dpo. 9 dpo is still really early.

#197 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM - Thread Starter

Whew, DH must have been receiving my annoyed vibes today, because he finally gave me a day/time for the SA. I called and got it scheduled for next Friday. By then we'll know for sure if this cycle was a bust or not. It was like pulling teeth to get that appointment scheduled though. They only take appts from 8:30-3:30... Uh, DH is a teacher. That kind of schedule is impossible for him. I basically begged with the girl on the phone to make an exception for him and I swore I'd tell him to get his butt over there ASAP.

After all that, I remembered that next Thurs is Veteran's Day, and therefore a school holiday. I emailed DH to ask him if he'd rather go on Thurs, so maybe that will work out.

#198 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 12:38 PM

I hope he gets his butt in there! I'd be very frustrated & annoyed too .

And sorry for the pity party, the TWW is always an emotional rollercoaster for me.

#199 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 05:05 PM

Mollie - 9dpo is definitely too early for many people. Hang in there!

Thanks for reminding me that our timing was pretty good. I wish we had thrown in one more day but our timing was at least good in terms of it being BEFORE ovulation!
#200 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 07:45 PM

Callie - my dh would totally refuse a sa but then he is of the mind set that a baby that is meant to be will "just happen." I sure can feel your irritation at him and wow do I sympathize. So glad he finally set a day and time.

Mollie - emotions are a roller coaster here as well. 9 dpo is early! Don't want to get your hopes up but can't help it?

Here is my chart - temp is up, a bit higher than usual for 4dpo, but I usually have a pretty good temp jump.
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2f6953

We will serve the Lord.
Married 19 yrs, DD 16, DS 10, DS 7, and two babies in heaven (1998) and (2010). Praying for peace and healing from our loss.
#201 of 209 Old 11-02-2010, 10:45 PM

Ugh. I'm having a rough day. I just got off the phone with my SIL who told me she is pregnant. I am so happy for her but it's so hard knowing that she got pregnant the first month she tried and I've been trying for 10. She's been saying for months that she can't wait to start ttc but wanted to wait until her dd was a little over a year (she's 14 months). I started trying when she was 4 months and I never in a million years imagined she would be pregnant before I was. I thought I'd have a baby by now. In fact, this Friday was the due date for the baby I miscarried. So I'm just having a pity part for myself today.
#202 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callieollie View Post
Ugh. I'm having a rough day. I just got off the phone with my SIL who told me she is pregnant. I am so happy for her but it's so hard knowing that she got pregnant the first month she tried and I've been trying for 10. She's been saying for months that she can't wait to start ttc but wanted to wait until her dd was a little over a year (she's 14 months). I started trying when she was 4 months and I never in a million years imagined she would be pregnant before I was. I thought I'd have a baby by now. In fact, this Friday was the due date for the baby I miscarried. So I'm just having a pity part for myself today.
That's so hard. . .

#203 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 06:53 AM - Thread Starter

callieollie - It is so hard to watch other people get pregnant easily while you struggle to conceive. I completely understand that, believe me. I'm sure it's even harder with the due date of your angel baby coming up. Be gentle with yourself this week and know that we are all here for you.

EllyMay - Nice chart! I wish my temps would go up like that. I guess I am lucky that DH will get a SA. I think it's only fair since my next step is an HSG. At least a SA is non-invasive.

Mollie - I need to go stalk your chart, even though I'm not sure if you get up quite this early....

AFM - I had some pink spotting this morning. Boo. I really don't care that much, but I do find it a little annoying. I can't help but wonder if it's physically possible for my body NOT to spot.

I woke up wide-awake at 5:00, so I took advantage of the quiet time to have a cup of coffee, send a long email to my sister, check Facebook, etc. It's been pretty nice.

#204 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 08:13 AM

callieollie - I'm so sorry you're having a rotten day . I totally get what you're feeling, my would-be-EDD is coming up in a little over a month. We've been TTC for almost a year (took my first Provera pill Nov. 17th of last year).

Callie - glad you're having a nice morning. That's why I try to get up early, so I can have a few moments of alone time.

AFM - temp up today, will start POASing obsessively today. Had a BFP dream last night. I was in a hospital for something (no idea what), using a FRER, and there were two lines, but they were all crooked, and then they ended up speling "HIM". I have no idea what that means! Weird!

#205 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 09:36 AM

Tested again - BFN.

#206 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 10:15 AM

callieollie and mamalove -

found out last night that one of my friends is pregnant. very happy for her but i really wanted to join her this month.

#207 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama~Love View Post
Had a BFP dream last night. I was in a hospital for something (no idea what), using a FRER, and there were two lines, but they were all crooked, and then they ended up speling "HIM". I have no idea what that means! Weird!
i dreamt about zombies LOL wonder what the heck THAT is a sign of?!

#208 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Mollie - Sorry about the BFN... I'm holding out hope that you'll get a BFP in the next few days.

#209 of 209 Old 11-03-2010, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjjazzy View Post
i dreamt about zombies LOL wonder what the heck THAT is a sign of?!
That's a bit weird.

I also want to give you a lot of 's.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page