MichaelsSahm (Ann)
musicoholic
myorianna
NishaG
~savah~
sweet tea
tjjazzy
Tulpen88 (Callie)

P.S. New members are welcome! Just post and say hello! Please try to join the group early in your cycle (pre-O) so that we can get to know you and cheer you on during the 2ww!
P.P.S. If you used to post here and don't see your name on the list, it's because you didn't post in the last month. just let me know if you want to be added back to the list.

Our success stories!

October
heavensearth
September
mija y mijo, slinkyfish
August
CarolinaKel, mclisa (Michelle), jr'smom
July
Lousli, forest~mama, Gabesgrrrl, phillybama, milosmomma, love_r4ks, suzywan, mamalove1

Please check out the sticky at the top of the TTC forum for a very helpful list of abbreviations!

Callie Mama to Nate and TTC Baby #2
#2 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope ya'll don't mind, I went ahead and started the thread for October!

#3 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Well, I am on CD 27 and really hoping that AF stays away!! I have symptoms but they are also symptoms I get when AF is coming!
#4 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 04:58 PM

I'm still around. Sorry not many posts, I've been a little exasperated lately. This is cycle #24. I'm 14 dpo and hoping no af. opk yesterday had a faint test line, but I think it has to be darker than control for BFP? Good luck to all this month!

Mama of 10yo dd, 7 yo ds, and 22 month old ds. No VAX, Anti-Circ, Lactivist, EC, UCB x 2. 

#5 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 05:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok ladies,

Im super confused here.

I got crosshairs on FF that has me Oing on Tuesday. My first temp spike was tuesday morning. I got a positive OPK tuesday night (didn't take one on the am) and a negative one on wednesday night. I went for tests at the docs on Tuedsday morning around 11 am. She told me that I hadn't O'd yet, but I could expect to within the next day or 2 based on what she was seeing in the ultra sound and my labwork.

So this info is contradictory. She told me I wasn't going to O until wed or thursday, yet FF has me Oing on tuesday. Here is my chart and Im afraid if FF is correct, our timing was OFF yet again. SIGH What do you all think?

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e0e86

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 05:55 PM

i'm still on the list! lol i wasn't sure how it worked so i was looking for myself.

cd 22 here
don't know if/when i ovulated. i seem to have errrrr a lot going on down there pretty often. hopefully the right stuff went on this month!!
much like a PP, i have symptoms that could be pregnancy or AF. grrr. why do they have to be so similar?
been going over boy names with dh b/c it takes us so long to decide. girl names are easy. why do men have to be so difficult about names?? he should just let me pick and be quiet about it. we have tons of time though, i'm sure.
feeling down. i have myself convinced we didn't conceive this month. i have no real reason to believe that but just negative feelings getting to me.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#7 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 07:55 PM

hellooo!

jazzy- just stay positive! We had a hard time naming ds, he was a week old I think before he had a name so it's never too early to start thinking bout it.

marnie- I'm so bad at charts. Can you just try every other day? Or are you saying you missed the window? Don't give up hope yet.

koko- Can't wait to hear! When can you take a pregnancy test?

sahm- baby dust!

AFM- Had my u/s today and we have two good eggs!!! One in each ovary! So I got my HCG injection and should O within the next day I'm so happy the Femara did what it was supposed to do. Now for the fun part!

~mama to some wonderful kids
#8 of 209 Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 PM

Yay! a new thread!

Marnica, im not sure what to say :| I wouldnt skip any days just to be safe!

sweet tea, thats great news! good luck!!!

AFM: nothing new to report.. its CD11 today, I can expect to O between CD15 and 21 if im within the clomid 'norm'. I think it will be closer to CD21..

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#9 of 209 Old 10-02-2010, 01:37 AM

Soooo...do I count as TTC when *I* would like to conceive but DH isn't really interested yet?
We're not 'actively trying' but we aren't avoiding or 'actively avoiding'
#10 of 209 Old 10-02-2010, 10:31 AM

Hey, thanks for the October thread Callie!!

My temp was even higher today, the spotting is just brown now. Another BFN today though. I don't know what to think!

#11 of 209 Old 10-02-2010, 06:11 PM

AF found me this morning! Oh well, try again when I am ready for the big O!!! But apparently my period is regular, it was CD28 to the dot!
#12 of 209 Old 10-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Mollie, maybe you should get a bloodtest done? you might just not be responding to PIOAS's?

Ann, *hugs* sorry to hear that but hey, a regular cycle is awesome!!!!

Serena - married to Jason, mom to Sebastian (b.12.22.2008) and Poppy (b.07.07.2011) ♥

#13 of 209 Old 10-02-2010, 11:02 PM

argh. AF is here today CD 30. I SWEAR we conceived this month but clearly my body couldn't hold on to it. Or maybe I am just going loco. seriously. it's possible. back to the drawing board....

what is hard about this whole TTC process is getting your head in the game and then realizing you need to get your head out of the game but then you need to get your head back in the game for the next round. i liked it better when we weren't TTC and got pregnant by surprise and then we didn't know about it till I was 8 weeks along. that was the best!

good luck to everyone this month! Here's hoping to July due dates...little Cancer babies!
#14 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 AM

Yey for the new October thread- thanks Callie!

Ann and JonahRoo- Sorry for the AF s I know how that feels

Marnica - I don't know...it seems to me like you O'd according to your temps, but I agree you should dtd everyother day just in case- good luck!

tjjazzy - Sweet that you are thinking up names already. I have already been eyeing cloth diapers, lol.

sweet tea- Yey for the two good eggs! Thats fabulous. Sending you good vibes your way...enjoy your fun time.

Serena - Hang in there - are you doing OPK's or will you only know after temp rise for O timing?

Mollie - Don't know... I really hope you give us some good news soon!

AFM - Had my acupuncture appointment today. I almost fell asleep on the table - it actually was relaxing to my surprise. I go again next week. Not sure if it will make a difference on this cycle, but I am hopeful, as always! Waiting to O.

fambedsingle2.gifAP Mommy to DD 10/07 and DS 7/11
#15 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 08:32 AM

No Junebug for me, AF is definitely here . On to another cycle .

#16 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Aw, crud. I'm so sorry for all the AFs. Booo!!!

My body is not being any more helpful. I had very heavy spotting last night and this morning. It's sucks. Bright red blood on 1 or 2 dpo is just not fair. I started the progesterone last night, so hopefully it'll get things under control. I wonder if I should start taking the progesterone before O? Or if it would inhibit O? I wouldn't do it without a doctor telling me to anyway. Thank goodness I have an RE appt in a couple of weeks.

#17 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 10:36 AM

Ann and Mollie

I wish we all weren't here again this month but it is nice to know that people understand the disappointment that comes along with AF showing up. I tried to keep some detachment from TTC last month thinking it would spare me an emotional ride if AF showed up but today (CD 2) I am just bummin'.

Callie! I am glad that you get to see an RE so you can get some questions answered and just get some more support on this journey. Keep us posted on how the appt goes! I have no clue about the progesterone although I thought you were supposed to take it before O and quite after O??? I could be wrong on that so don't quote me on it.
#18 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 12:19 PM

I want AF to be gone already!
#19 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 02:04 PM

Callie, so sorry about the spotting! No idea if taking it pre-O would inhibit Oing or not.

I try to distance myself from the TTCing too, but just when I start feeling a tad bit hopeful, the hag shows up. I guess having a pretty chart doesn't mean squat. I'm pretty emotional right now, it's coming up (next month) of the one year anniversary since we started TTC, and only have heartache and a loss to show for it. This sucks!

I'm not looking forward to going to work tomorrow, as AF is of course going to be at its worse the next few days. I don't have any vacation time available til November 14th, so I don't know what I'm going to do if there's a repeat of last month .

#20 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myorianna View Post

tjjazzy - Sweet that you are thinking up names already. I have already been eyeing cloth diapers, lol.

sadly, it's necessary for us to start with the name choosing as soon as we can. it takes us ages to choose boy names! ds1's name was decided on in the labour room. have you found any cute dipes?

cd 24 here...waiting to see if AF comes this week (likely wed. or thurs. if i'm still on the same sort of cycle i was on the pill)

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#21 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 07:59 PM

Hey ladies! Things have been so crazy lately, I haven'y brrn online as much. CD 11, getting ready to O. Nothing exciting. Trying not to stress, but so hoping this is it.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#22 of 209 Old 10-03-2010, 11:02 PM

JonahRoo, sorry about AF

myorianna, I am doing OPK's and temping. Two days ago there was no sign of a second line on the OPK's, but it slowly starting to appear!

Mollie, that sucks! *hugs* I hope you don't have to go through what you went through last month

Callie, so glad for your appointment in a few weeks! sucks about the spotting

AFM: nothing to report.. sexfest2010 has started up again for us, have a good feeling about this month!!!

I was thinking that I really don't know much about all you wonderful mama's (except all about your cycles! heehee). I hoped to stay on this thread as long as I have and I know there are others here that have been here even longer. So, I would love to know more about you!!! other than being mom's, what do you do for a living? hobbies? anything you want to share?

I work for the Canadian Federal Government as a 'complaince officer', its a fancy name to say that I deal with corporate tax accounts. Im also an artist and have my own online shop. I work PT, was 30 hours a week, over 5 days, but now im going down to 24 with a 4 day week.

#23 of 209 Old 10-04-2010, 08:14 AM

Serena - have a blast with sexfest2010!! I'm hoping DH & I can have our own after AF goes away!

I'm pretty miserable today, lots of cramping, and heavy AF. Not looking forward to work though. I'm telling my supervisor about AF right away, so if I do have to leave, she'll know why. At least she's nice about it.

I work fulltime (M-F, 2pm-10pm) at a manufacturing plant that makes membrane switches. One of our biggest accounts is for Electrolux dishwashers. We make the switch that has the control buttons on it. There's lots of other parts we make too, but that's the biggest one. I pretest & final test parts. It's nothing glamorous, but it's a job.

As for hobbies, I knit & sew. I'm teaching myself to spin on my mom's wheel. I don't have much time for any of it, so I sneak it in when I can. I always have a knitting project in my purse, in case there's a lot of waiting going on when I'm out.

#24 of 209 Old 10-04-2010, 10:28 AM

hobbies? reading, scrapbooking, and i'm an internet junkie
activities? muay thai kickboxing, jogging, walking
job? SAHM and freelance writer (online mostly)

CD 25 ... days dragging by ...

#25 of 209 Old 10-04-2010, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet tea View Post
hellooo!

jazzy- just stay positive! We had a hard time naming ds, he was a week old I think before he had a name so it's never too early to start thinking bout it.

marnie- I'm so bad at charts. Can you just try every other day? Or are you saying you missed the window? Don't give up hope yet. koko- Can't wait to hear! When can you take a pregnancy test?

sahm- baby dust!

AFM- Had my u/s today and we have two good eggs!!! One in each ovary! So I got my HCG injection and should O within the next day I'm so happy the Femara did what it was supposed to do. Now for the fun part!

No Im saying I think we missed the window. I just can't see how (assuming there are no sperm problems) that doing it everyday is a bad thing!

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#26 of 209 Old 10-04-2010, 03:27 PM

Serena thanks for asking these questions! Fun!

I am a SAHM but also a yoga instructor, massage therapist, NLP practitioner, Therapeutic Coach and Hypnotherapist. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mind/body connection and tapping into our inner healer.

I love reading. I am slowly learning the tricks of the trade with canning, making my own butter/cheese/yogurt etc. I am learning more and more about nutrition and vitamins and minerals. I have great friends here who teach me a lot about this kind of stuff. I LOVE school and learning so typically you will see me doing some sort of certification or training (next on the list is gettin my CNA at the end of this month).

I think overall my yoga practice is what comes to mind when I think of my hobbies as it includes reading, journaling, meditating, pranayama (breathing) and hatha yoga (the physical practice).

I hope to someday learn to sew clothes and bags (i am obsessed with bags!).

My husband travels a lot and we try to go with him when we can.

AFM: CD 3 and today is going much better than yesterday (emotionally). And excited to start trying again this month (which is kinda fun

Mollie: Good luck this week! Have you tried acupuncture for your heavy periods? It can help.
#27 of 209 Old 10-04-2010, 04:17 PM

Hobbies-I loe to read. I had started running, but put that on hold when we started TTC #3. I knit and sew as well.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)
#28 of 209 Old 10-04-2010, 05:42 PM - Thread Starter

Hey ya'll... sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days. I'm sick today. We went to a black tie event last night and I felt fine until we got home. Then I felt soooo gross. I wasn't sure if it was because I ate too much or if the wine I drank was making me sick, but I'm pretty sure this is not a hangover. Maybe something I ate got to me though. It's been bad. I've stayed in bed all day.

The progesterone is helping with the spotting, thank goodness.

Okay I'm going to go lay back down. I'll answer the getting to know you questions later!

#29 of 209 Old 10-05-2010, 02:22 AM

Mollie - s So sorry AF found you too and for the cramping. Membrane switches? No kidding - we are using one in one of our products, so I am learning all about them- heh. You are so crafty!

Callie - Sorry you have the sickies. Glad to hear the spotting is better and that you have an RE appointment.

tjjazzy - I hear you on the names. DD was named on the day we were leaving the hospital even though I came prepared with a list. With the diapers, I've just been reading forums randomly as I totally failed with DD in the cloth diaper area, even though I had purchased some random ones, I never figured out how many I needed and how to wash them, etc. This time around, I am determined- but first this has to happen!

Hi Emma! You are a day ahead of me...I am CD11 now. Lets keep our for this cycle!

Serena - yey for October sfest! What medium do you work in for your art?

JonahRoo - Wow, what a list! My sister is an NLP practitioner and hypotherapist too- thats pretty rare! She helped me out when I had an issue in-between jobs and was interview shy- it totally jolted me out of that fear.

About me? I am an electrical engineer working full time for a company that designs blood glucose meters for diabetics. Thats not really what I like, but what I do... My hobbies, if I were to have time include playing piano, flute, scrapbooking, reading fantasy books, scuba-diving, hiking, poetry, art. But since DD I seem to spend any free time with her or reading up on how to be a better mommy.
My hearts desire is to stay at home with her and spend our days in wonder. I am constantly striving to find that one brilliant idea that will change my life in that direction...

fambedsingle2.gifAP Mommy to DD 10/07 and DS 7/11
#30 of 209 Old 10-05-2010, 08:13 AM

Mollie - s I'm sorry AF found you. That really sucks. At least you O'd last month, and hopefully this month everything works itself out.

Callie - So sorry you feel sick. Feeling sick while trying to take care of a kid is so tough. Where was your black tie event?

tjjazzy - It's weird because both times we could not agree on a name for the opposite sex of what we were having. For example, with DS, we could not agree on a girl's name, but decided on his name pretty easily. Same for DD. Could not agree on a boy's name but picked hers without any trouble.

myorianna-I think I'm CD 13 now. Just checked with FF. I really hope this cycle is the one. Then again I hope every cycle is the one. My temps are already higher than previous cycles though, so I think that's a good sign.

Serena - I'm an artist too! A Graphic Designer. What do you do?

AFM -I am a Graphic Designer. I freelance right now so I can stay home with the kids. I am homeschooling my oldest (technically Pre-K right now, will start K next yr at home). I love to camp, go hiking, love to dance (although I don't go dancing much anymore). I LOVE to read, always have. Just started knitting and sewing this year. I also love to cook and bake. Just don't like the clean-up! Finally, I love to travel. Being able to live in different parts of the world every few years would be awesome IMO.

Me+DH (2006)
DS (2005)
DD (2008)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page