No Stressing in October! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 120 Old 10-25-2010, 12:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! Just wanted to say thanks for the congrats, and good luck to everyone! After some initial denial - "Me? Pregnant? Whaaat???" I'm pretty psyched.

Thanks again for the company - wishing you all BFPs in the very near future!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 120 Old 10-25-2010, 05:42 PM

@Mama Metis: Woohoooooo!!!!

Quote:
Thoughts: I supposed I'm just a bit embarrased that I still have so much hope for each cycle even though we've been trying for over a month and a half!
@MoOnFiReGlOw: uh, honey? A year and a half maybe?
#93 of 120 Old 10-25-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

@MoOnFiReGlOw: uh, honey? A year and a half maybe?
Yep, total typo! Thanks hun! Yeah, its been a year and a half Hopefully I'll see that end here in a few days though

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#94 of 120 Old 10-25-2010, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Hi All.. CD 2 here!

As the month is coming to a close - does anyone want to be threadkeeper next month?

Funny typo- MoonFireGlow.. I really thought you meant 1.5 months and thought, boy.. she sure is impatient. But we all go through this process differently and I hope your wait is not much longer!

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#95 of 120 Old 10-25-2010, 11:45 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wouldn't mind being threadkeeper next month, except I'm so new to this I don't really know how, lol! Is it just a matter of copying and pasting that first message and then editing with any new info? I check in daily, so I think I could keep up. Is there anything else to it?

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#96 of 120 Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Yep, total typo! Thanks hun! Yeah, its been a year and a half Hopefully I'll see that end here in a few days though
LOL
No probs... I kinda thought I remembered you from last year when I was a regular (then that was confirmed in the other thread!!! lol) I hope you (and the other ladies here!) get your really soon!!!!
#97 of 120 Old 10-27-2010, 02:51 PM

Hey all - I'm needing some zen thoughts over here. Here's where I am: it's CD 33 and AF is due. I had spotting a couple of days ago, but it went away. I never spot, so when I saw it, I just assumed it was AF and resigned myself to trying another month. Now I'm driving myself crazy googling implantation bleeding and the like. ARGH! Just a couple more days! I don't want to test and get a bfn.
#98 of 120 Old 10-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Holy restraint, blackbird. I'm impressed that you haven't tested yet. Though my cycle is usually 31-36 days, I've already tested 2X and I'm ~ CD 33. Last test on CD 30. I'm trying to hold out on testing again until after AF is due ~ 10/30.

Married to DH since 9/2001, mom to DS (1/2006) natural birth, DD1 (9/2008) transverse baby = c-section and DD2 (7/2012) transverse baby = rcs.
#99 of 120 Old 10-27-2010, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbird2 View Post
Hey all - I'm needing some zen thoughts over here. Here's where I am: it's CD 33 and AF is due. I had spotting a couple of days ago, but it went away. I never spot, so when I saw it, I just assumed it was AF and resigned myself to trying another month. Now I'm driving myself crazy googling implantation bleeding and the like. ARGH! Just a couple more days! I don't want to test and get a bfn.
I am having almost the exact thing happen to me! I have been spotting very very lightly (like 5 drops a day) for 5 days now. AF is due tomorrow! WTF??? I also never spot, so I was thinking this was it. I tested yesterday and it was negative, so I am just confused. Sorry, I'm no help, but I can relate!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#100 of 120 Old 10-27-2010, 11:19 PM

Name: Courtney

Date: 10/27

Where are you in your cycle: CD 30

Symptoms if they apply: Just very light spotting. Not sure if it is AF or not.

When are you thinking of testing: Tested yesterday (neg). If AF doesn't start here soon, I will test again. Probably on Saturday.

Thoughts: I don't know what the heck is going on! My cycles are always very regular, and I pretty much never have spotting. I have been spotting for 5 days now, very lightly, but I don't consider it a period. So I'm trying to wait and see.

Appointments: None

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nope

Do you have any stress triggers: My daughter's 2nd birthday and my MIL coming to stay for a week. A week!

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I'm just trying not to think too hard about it!

Partners feelings if applicable: He's going with the flow.

Plans for this weekend: Birthday party!

#101 of 120 Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Copper.Kettle.. awesome.. thank you for volunteering to be threadkeeper! I'll send you directions I got from a great lady named Teetina.

Birdie.B.. is it YOUR Birthday??

IBKW.. I agree.. Blackbird2 has amazing resolve.. I hope it turns into a BFP!!

AFM.. my GI doctor put me back on steroids and told me that I if I were to conceive it would end in a m/c. SO I'm going to follow protocol and see another GYN and see if they give me anything to obsess about.

WORLD SERIES OF BASEBALL.. it's boring enough to keep me calm.

#102 of 120 Old 10-28-2010, 01:47 PM

Does anyone else feel comfort in hearing stories about people getting their BFPs days/week after having BFN tests? It makes me hopeful that my early BFN will turn into a BFP.

Married to DH since 9/2001, mom to DS (1/2006) natural birth, DD1 (9/2008) transverse baby = c-section and DD2 (7/2012) transverse baby = rcs.
#103 of 120 Old 10-28-2010, 04:11 PM

Ok, so AF is officially here Right on time. I still don't know why i would spot for 5 days before it started though...any thoughts?

TaxLady: It's my daughter's 2nd birthday on Saturday!

#104 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 12:13 AM

Taxlady, sounds good. Just let me know what to do And, so are you now on hold?

Birdie, sorry about AF.

lbkw, I hope you turn into one of those BFN turned BFP stories!!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#105 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

lbkw, I hope you turn into one of those BFN turned BFP stories!!
Thanks! AF due today or tomorrow. Nothing yet, but kind of feeling like it might be coming. Don't think I'll be posting this weekend so here's update just to vent:

Name: Lauren

Date: 10/29

Where are you in your cycle: CD 35 (I have "long-ish" cycles")

Symptoms if they apply: Feeling like AF is coming. TMI - really loose BM and not sure if it's related to what I've been eating.

When are you thinking of testing: BFN on 10/24 (p.m) testing again later today

Thoughts: Hoping AF is really late or that I'll get BFP.

Do you have any stress triggers: Getting ready to go on vacation and just obsessing about my body.

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Venting on MDC

Partners feelings if applicable: He's rather not know until I get BFP and he'll just proceed as if nothing's going on. (BTW, he feels like he's being "used" for his sperm.)

Plans for this weekend: Leaving for week-long vacation without kiddos!

#106 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Hi.. I am posting directions for Copper.Kettle to start next month's thread..

So go to the front page of this thread and "Quote" the first post of this thread and then copy all that HTML craziness into a new thread. Then just remove the [Quote ] and [/Quote ] part at the beginning and end of the post.
Change title and icons to the new month, and update the link to last months thread.

If you need more help, PM me, I'm usually around lurking on MDC.

Happy Birthday to Birdie B.'s daughter, guess I was too delirious to notice her birthday in your signature..

IBKW that AF doesn't show up! I know I sometimes feel like I don't want DH to feel "used" - luckily he loves to try. I try to keep it light and he's pretty darn cool, but with this last bit of health trouble I am having - I think he's a little bit down.

AFM: I'm not going to avoid it, I've gotten lots of advice from all you ladies that I trust that if it's meant to be it will be. I find MD's to be so fatalist.. and sometimes they just don't understand how much their words can hurt. People who are much less healthy than I am have healthy pregnancies.. so I'm just going to move on go to the doctor's that my GI wants me to see and give the rest of my worries to God to handle. That's my plan - I don't have one.

#107 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

YIKES!!!

IBKW, Birdie B., Musicoholic.. I just did a quick check of the front page and you haven't been added to our list of non-stressors! I probably didn't catch someone else either... I AM SO SORRY.. bad thread keeper here.. WHOOPS!!

If you want me to add you straight away, please let me know. If you would like me to post your age and a little blurb about you - post it here and I will add that too!

I'm sorry.. I feel like I know everyone, I didn't realize you were new on this thread. Please accept my apology!!

#108 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 PM

Well, no beans this month: AF arrived this morning. BTW, holding out on testing isn't so much amazing resolve as fear of disappointment. <sigh>

LivingSky, we're also beyond our ideal summer window, when a new baby would have the most time with 2 parents. Continuing to TTC means I'll be on my own A LOT sooner, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Waiting a whole nother year seems like such a long time though, and our luck might be the same. Maybe we'll just 'whatever' for a while.

Anyway, last weekend check-in for October:

Name: blackbird2
Date: 10/29
Where are you in your cycle: CD 1

Symptoms if they apply: crampy

When are you thinking of testing: not thinking about that yet
Thoughts: this cycle is going to be more difficult. I'm not really feeling in the mood. but after this month we'll be looking at due dates during the semester, which i'm not too thrilled about either.

Do you have any stress triggers: Being broke
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Reading

Partners feelings if applicable: Looking on the bright side
Plans for this weekend: last farmers market, movie, halloween parade
#109 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 08:10 PM

lol@ Taxlady.... don't worry about it!!!! But if you'd like to add me... I'm 33, DH is 38, I'm finally brave enough to ttc a sibling for our almost-6yo (I had lots of mama-guilt issues I had to deal with first )

Weekend Check-in
Name: Bee
Date: Oct30
Where are you in your cycle: CD 2
Symptoms if they apply: none
When are you thinking of testing: not thinking that far ahead.... I'm guessing around 4 weeks from now! lol
Thoughts: ...my students need to pull their fingers out if they're going to be ready for the Christmas concert in 4 weeks time... but that's really got nothing to do TTC.... OOOHHH!! What a coincidence... Luckily I don't get stressed with performances!!!!
Do you have any stress triggers: Nope
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Work (does that even make sense???? )
Partners feelings if applicable: quite disappointed that this one didn't stick; but more than okay to keep trying...
Plans for this weekend: I have a 4 day weekend because of a silly horse race on Tuesday!!!! Yay for the gee-gees!! DS has a birthday party to attend today; but other than that no plans... waiting for AF to leave, catching up on work and reading!!!

for everyone!!
#110 of 120 Old 10-29-2010, 10:57 PM

Thanks Taxlady! Hope I do it right What do you mean by change the icons to the new month? Which icons?

Weekend Check-In

Name: Copper

Date: 10.29

Where are you in your cycle: CD 6. Boring. Looking forward to the BD fest next week

Symptoms if they apply: NA

When are you thinking of testing: Maybe 13 dpo? If I can hold out that long? That will be around 11.19 or 20. 11.19 was my edd with DS, so that might be kind of cool

Thoughts: Just excited. Aug/Sept are my ideal birth-months, so I hope we get lucky this month or next.

Appointments: Nope.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nothing new.

Do you have any stress triggers: Starting to get a little tense about the Holiday season. I love it, but man, it's a lot of work.

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Same as usual. Exercise and family fun.

Partners feelings if applicable: He mentions another baby often, but certainly doesn't think about it as much as me. I wonder if he'll ask any questions about my fertility status. Last month he told me he didn't really want to know, so we'll see if he sticks to it! I think he just wants to enjoy sex and let what happens happens without scheduling. I do to, but I can't UNknow what I know about my fertility. Rambling....

Plans for this weekend: It's my weekend to work Can't wait for trick or treating Sunday! DS is so excited!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

#111 of 120 Old 10-30-2010, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Copper.. when I say "icons" I mean those cool cats with the hats I used to bank "No Stressors in October" on the heading of the front page.

MY LAST WEEKEND CHECK IN AS THREADKEEPER - AND I PASS THE TORCH TO COPPER.KETTLE!!

Name: Taxlady

Date: 10.29

Where are you in your cycle: CD 6.

Symptoms if they apply: NA

When are you thinking of testing: I'm not giving it much thought this month. Two antibiotics and some steroids might make this a tough month to conceive.

Thoughts: So many.. but right now, I'm just trying to think well thoughts.

Appointments: Wednesday I go back to see my GI. She'll have my blood test results from Tuesday and hopefully they're not as bad as she thinks they're going to be.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Like I said, antibiotics and 'roids (the legal kind)

Do you have any stress triggers: Well, at first I was really stressed when I saw my GI, but after talking to a lot of you ladies.. I'm ok.

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Family stuff, laundry and a lot of laying on the couch.

Partners feelings if applicable: He's so awesome, I always say he's so patient.. I am so lucky to have him.

Plans for this weekend: Getting better!

I'm going to miss being your threadkeeper! You guys have been great!!

Got you added Musicoholic! Check it out and let me know if that's ok with you..

#112 of 120 Old 10-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Weekend Check-In

Name: TickleToes

Date: October 30

Where are you in your cycle: 11 DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Fatigue, tender breasts... not sure that either of those count. I have a cold (fatigue) and breasts are always tender around this time. Increased appetite yesterday & today... woke up nauseously hungry. Have been feeling mildly nauseous since Thurs, but that could just be from all the snot running down my throat. TMI, I know, but there you go.

When are you thinking of testing: the 5th? if I can hold out that long? if AF stays away...

Thoughts: I've had dreams about being pregnant for the last four nights or so. I'm either obsessing way more than I realize or maybe its a sign? Probably the former.

Appointments: none

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: nope

Do you have any stress triggers: At the moment, I've mostly caught up with work and school, so they aren't quite as stressful as they have been. Overall, I've been more relaxed.

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I don't know, really. Mostly I'm thinking that I'm not pregnant, then I won't be so disappointed if that thought is confirmed. But then, positive thinking is good, right? Um... yeah, I can't make up my mind and maybe I am stressing!

Partners feelings if applicable: He can't wait for me to pee on a stick... I'm trying not to give in to that just yet.

Plans for this weekend: Rest, relax, get over the cold. Tomorrow, I'll make some sort of hearty soup and dress up. Some friends are coming over to keep me entertained while I pass out treats to the kiddos. I love Halloween.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#113 of 120 Old 10-30-2010, 11:42 PM

Tickletoes, those sound like promising symptoms! And, way to go on waiting until the 5th to test! You have some awesome will power

lbkw, did you test again? FX!

#114 of 120 Old 10-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Weekend Check-In

Name: Carrie

Date: 10/25

Where are you in your cycle: 3DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Nothing yet.

When are you thinking of testing: Oh boy. Hmm. I guess probably 12 or 13 dpo, so like the 9th or 10th of November.

Thoughts: I'm hopeful.

Appointments: Nothing.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: I stopped doing almost all the stuff. I'm took EPO until O, and am taking magnesium & Vit D for my heart, and my prenatal. And occasionally an extra B complex. I've nixed the Merry Mother and the Maca for now.

Do you have any stress triggers: Weaning DD and moving her to her bed!

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Trying to let go of control (b/c I really have none) and just taking this journey for what it is.

Partners feelings if applicable: He's in this boat w/me. Ready to conceive already!!!

Plans for this weekend: Excited to get DD in her Halloween costume and take her out for some tricks and treats!

Trying to be STRESS FREE!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#115 of 120 Old 10-31-2010, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post
Tickletoes, those sound like promising symptoms! And, way to go on waiting until the 5th to test! You have some awesome will power

lbkw, did you test again? FX!
I'm not so sure that my will power is all that strong! I caved today and bought a test... haven't used it yet, but I might. I'm driving myself crazy looking at my chart... so much for not obsessing!

Wanna stalk my chart and tell me what you think? You guys can avoid obsessing over yours by transferring to mine... hehe! http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3110a2

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

#116 of 120 Old 10-31-2010, 02:47 PM - Thread Starter

TickleToes - your temps are higher than usual which I think is promising! AND you had a big temp jump around the 5th or 6th DPO which is different than your previous cycle which had a slow rise. I'm no expert on charts - but I am really hopeful!! (I would be feeling exactly the way you are right now, cautiously excited and a little obsessed - which is allowed here btw, if you have a chart that looks like that)

#117 of 120 Old 10-31-2010, 03:38 PM

Taxlady: Don't worry about it! I'm late to the thread, but I"m glad it's here. I need some support so I don't freak out and get obsessed with TTC! I hope your GI appointment goes well; that doesn't sound very fun.

TickleToes:

Name: Courtney

Date: 10/31

Where are you in your cycle: CD 4

Symptoms if they apply: None

When are you thinking of testing: Only if AF is late! I mean it this time!

Thoughts: Trying not to think too much!

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Just prenatals

Do you have any stress triggers: MIL is here for the whole week!!

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Not charting my temp. I think it helps keep me from obsessing too much.

Partners feelings if applicable: He's my rock. Steady and supportive!

Plans for this weekend: Daughter's 2nd birthday yesterday, trick or treating today!

#118 of 120 Old 10-31-2010, 03:55 PM

Just tested... and got a BFN. So I'm going to hide the rest of my tests... still keeping my that AF won't show. I think I'll be able to obsess a bit less though.

Good luck, ladies and enjoy the trick or treating tonight! I'm making some soup and having some friends over to keep me company while I pass out treats to the little ones. I love Halloween

#119 of 120 Old 10-31-2010, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter

Tickletoes, you're only 12 DPO.. I'm still hopeful!

Birdie.B.. I'm adding you now. I would die if my MIL was staying with us for a week. OH MY! I've been happy that the inlaws are planning to move to Florida in a year (they live about a half hour from us now) but the thought of them coming to stay gives me hives. GOOD LUCK to you!

All is well over here, nothing to obsess about although I was thinking of Tickletoes a lot.

#120 of 120 Old 11-01-2010, 10:30 AM

The November thread is up! Hope I'm doing this right

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...3#post16004383

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page