The Fabulous ONE Thread - Oct 10-16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread - Oct 3 - Oct 9!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
Abbykins
Attached2Elijah
Baby_Cakes
baileyann3
bonadl2
bootsvalentine
gringuitica
Hykue
Just_lily
lazykate
littlest birds
meander
MelungeonMW
MommyMatsumoto
motray36
mymaya
nettlesoup
rubygirl36
SimplyRochelle
SML27
Sourire
Sweet.Bee
Tara2
Tear78
truemeli
TT3814
TTCChloeOrConner
WTHamI?
yellowdart

Waiting to Know (2ww)
~AA~
~savah~
ekblad9
Gator-Mom
Kay99
Kyamo
LivingSky
MrsMike
Sarah2881
Stevi
ValH

Waitin' and Marinatin'
CLH_X3
Silverbird
Sweet.Bee

Waiting for Aunt Flo
filiadeluna
KaliShanti

In our thoughts and hearts
MI_Dawn

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating partner to be ready
HulaJenn
jojobean
saoirse2007
sleepingbeauty

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting to be Ready
Calycanth
Caramiia
lovebug

~PREGNANT~

October BFPs!
swimming-duck
Lydiah

September BFPs!
bolobear
slb1107
annaconda
outsideofthebox
mija y mijo
elonwy
vivica2
ryleeee
Michaels-Mommy
GolfAddict
KingsDaughter76

August BFPs!
babygrey
Blanca78
Wembles

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

#2 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thank you for the new thread motray.

I am 6 DPO today. Only one more week to go. *sigh* I am super optimistic, but super impatient. I really hope I get a sticky BFP.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#3 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 12:06 PM

OP--THANKS FOR THE NEW THREAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsDaughter76 View Post
I am just so happy right now- I can't even begin to express just HOW happy I am....I just wanted to stop in here really quick and post a progress report!!

Got my first quantative beta HCG results back today.. they were drawn at 19 dpo- 1,481 !!!!!!

Now just waiting on my second results drawn today at 21 dpo...5 weeks preggo today. Should get those back next week sometime. This is such awesome news to us....with so many miscarriages it just helps reassure us a little bit that this baby is here to stay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelungeonMW View Post
Hykue- What an amazingly awesome attitude you have. I am going to try and be this positive.
Ditto! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
No temp today and a non-conclusive OPK with weak urine. I stayed over at Smilies last night, so I couldn't do all of my usual am TTC stuff. Hoping to get some clear results tomorrow morning showing that I have ovulated!

Everybody have a Reproductive Weekend!!!

Welcome back Hykue!
I'm hoping for you!

AFM--Nothing new really. Another birth/breastfeeding dream last night. I hope OH won't be stubborn about our date and maybe cut it down. He's definitely talking about kids more often these days... (Trying not to get my hopes up but you all know I'm terrible with that!!)

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#4 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 12:33 PM

Just kind of chillin' here trying NOT to obsess over my chart right now... it looks so good. I haven't tested in 2 days but I have a feeling we did it... I am having a ton of symptoms but I guess they could all go either way. I don't know if/when I will test again.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#5 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 01:32 PM

Attached2Elijah--post a link to your chart? I'll obsess for you. <3

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#6 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 01:59 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thanks for the new thread motray36.

AFM - nothing new, enjoying the long weekend! Happy Canadian Thanksigiving ladies!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#7 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 02:50 PM

Please move me to Waiting To Know. I am fairly certain now that I ovulated.

SleepingBeauty... Are you off birth control again? Maybe you can hope for that ooops.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#8 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 04:22 PM

Cycle buddies

sarah2881 4 DPO
motray36 6 DPO
bootsvalentine 6 DPO
MelungeonMW 6 DPO
Lydia 6 DPO
Swimming-duck 7 DPO
Baby Cakes 7 DPO

Just so I can keep track in the new thread.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#9 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM

Attached2Elijah - your chart is looking good!

Lydiah - may I join the cycle buddies? i am 4dpo! No symptoms really. Unless you would count ovary pain. It has been constant since ovulation. I had the same pain when I was PG in August and it is not common for me any other time. I am wondering if I had a large cyst in August and then ovulated from the same side or maybe due to hormones, that it is just residual irritation from the previous cyst? I have no clue? Anyone else feeling ovary pains right now?

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#10 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 05:06 PM

I usually have ovary pain post ovulation especially if it was a good one.

#11 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 05:23 PM

Attached2Elijah - Your chart looks good. That temp has been climbing!
Also, if you figure out how not to obsess over your chart, please fill me in! I've been obsessing nonstop this cycle.

Stevi - Hurray for ovulation. Good luck!

AFM: My 2WW obsession continues. I've obsessed other cycles, but wow, I've really been terrible with it this time around. On one hand I don't want tomorrow to come because that means back to work, but I'm anxious to see if my temp stays up which would mean my chart has likely gone triphasic. I know - I know - not a guarantee of pregnancy, but it still gives me hope! Feel free to check out my chart and obsess with me. lol

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#12 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
Please move me to Waiting To Know. I am fairly certain now that I ovulated.

SleepingBeauty... Are you off birth control again? Maybe you can hope for that ooops.
Not yet. I'm going to talk to my ob/gyn about maybe living off the pain killers without the pill. I hate this stuff! Makes me sick at the start of every pack and I can't remember to take it half the time. Ugh. My check-up is next month so I'll talk to her about it then. The only thing I'll miss it the predictability of my cycles. Although, I was a strict 33-34 day cycle before the pill.

Back to school May 2013!

#13 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 PM

I have been playing an RPG on my Nintendo DS, when I am not chasing my 2 year old. It seems to pass the time. Especially now that DH is back at work. I am sooooo bored. Its a rainy day to boot.

#14 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
Attached2Elijah--post a link to your chart? I'll obsess for you. <3
If you click on the left side under my name "Visit [my] homepage," it's actually a link to my chart. I'm having so many symptoms it's not even funny... if I'm not, I would be highly surprised.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#15 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingbeauty View Post
Not yet. I'm going to talk to my ob/gyn about maybe living off the pain killers without the pill. I hate this stuff! Makes me sick at the start of every pack and I can't remember to take it half the time. Ugh. My check-up is next month so I'll talk to her about it then. The only thing I'll miss it the predictability of my cycles. Although, I was a strict 33-34 day cycle before the pill.
Is your pain from AF? If it is, Vitex might help you. I tried it for awhile and it completely erased my cramps.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#16 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
If you click on the left side under my name "Visit [my] homepage," it's actually a link to my chart. I'm having so many symptoms it's not even funny... if I'm not, I would be highly surprised.
I do love the way this one looks!! Thanks for telling me where to go.

Back to school May 2013!

#17 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
Thanks for that. I've been wondering how to go about this. You've made it easy for me!

Crystal (34) married to nursing student DH (38) partners.gif ,  mama to superhero.gif(7/07), brokenheart.gif (1/09), and rainbow1284.gifjammin.gif (7/11) and stork-suprise.gif (12/28) homebirth.jpgwaterbirth.jpg homeschool.gif
#18 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 08:04 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah2881 View Post
Attached2Elijah - your chart is looking good!

Lydiah - may I join the cycle buddies? i am 4dpo! No symptoms really. Unless you would count ovary pain. It has been constant since ovulation. I had the same pain when I was PG in August and it is not common for me any other time. I am wondering if I had a large cyst in August and then ovulated from the same side or maybe due to hormones, that it is just residual irritation from the previous cyst? I have no clue? Anyone else feeling ovary pains right now?
Welcome, new cycle buddy!

I've been having crazy cramps since 1 or 2 DPO. I've never had them before and I keep hoping hoping hoping it's good news. They are odd pains, I keep worrying it's a UTI or something, but I'm pretty sure it's ovary/uterine. If I move in an odd way, like twist around in bed, I get some sharp pains. Feels sort of like AF cramps but not as constant. Anyone else have insight on this?

When are the rest of the cycle buddies thinking of testing? I'm going to try to hold out until Wed which would be 9 DPO for me.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#19 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 08:21 PM

can I be moved to the 2ww? FF has me at 3 days po. If I am pregnant I would be entering my second trimester on christmas and would be able to share the news that day.
#20 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsvalentine View Post
Welcome, new cycle buddy!

I've been having crazy cramps since 1 or 2 DPO. I've never had them before and I keep hoping hoping hoping it's good news. They are odd pains, I keep worrying it's a UTI or something, but I'm pretty sure it's ovary/uterine. If I move in an odd way, like twist around in bed, I get some sharp pains. Feels sort of like AF cramps but not as constant. Anyone else have insight on this?

When are the rest of the cycle buddies thinking of testing? I'm going to try to hold out until Wed which would be 9 DPO for me.
I have sharp pains that are definitely near my ovary, and then a few cramps on and off in my uterus. I am trying really hard not to read into it, but this is exactly what happened in August before I got my BFP. The thing I find really odd is that while most of my pain is on the left side and way more intense, I am getting a few duller sharp pains in the exact same place on my right side. I will try to wait until a week from tomorrow to test, I would be 12dpo. I do have a ton of ic tests, so it might be hard to make myself wait!

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

#21 of 254 Old 10-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
Thank you for the new thread motray.

I am 6 DPO today. Only one more week to go. *sigh* I am super optimistic, but super impatient. I really hope I get a sticky BFP.
Ditto - thanks for the new thread!

I'm 7 dpo and feel exactly the same. Super optimistic but super impatient. Ugh this week is going to drag!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~savah~ View Post
can I be moved to the 2ww? FF has me at 3 days po. If I am pregnant I would be entering my second trimester on christmas and would be able to share the news that day.
Weird. Me too, but I'm a week ahead of you. Hmm, when do you consider the 2nd tri, 13 weeks or 14 weeks?

AFM - same old here. Some symptoms that could be pms or pg, except for some weird tingly bb pain that I've never had before. Who knows!?

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#22 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post
Ditto - thanks for the new thread!

I'm 7 dpo and feel exactly the same. Super optimistic but super impatient. Ugh this week is going to drag!!

Weird. Me too, but I'm a week ahead of you. Hmm, when do you consider the 2nd tri, 13 weeks or 14 weeks?

AFM - same old here. Some symptoms that could be pms or pg, except for some weird tingly bb pain that I've never had before. Who knows!?
I thought it was 13 weeks. so if i did actually conceive this cycle I would be just starting my 14th week on dec. 25.
#23 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 05:08 AM

Can I join in? We decided to TTC this month after much indecision. But this time round I haven't been charting, partly because I haven't got round to getting a new battery for my thermometer. We DTD on the 7th, so a bit of a wait yet until I can test. Annoyingly I also have an awful cough, so I hope being ill doesn't affect fertility!
#24 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 09:08 AM

nettlesoup - Good luck to you, and welcome to the group!

AFM - I'm 4DPO today, I think. It's either 4 or 5... FF moved my crosshairs yesterday, which makes me 4dpo today, would be 5dpo if I believed the first O date. Anyone want to take a look at my chart at give me your opinion on when I O'ed??

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#25 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 09:09 AM

Nettlesoup - Hello and good luck with your TTC journey!

Savah - How fun to share the news on Christmas Day. I hadn't thought of that. That would be an amazing Christmas gift for sure.

Bootsvalentine - I'm going to try to hold out until Friday to test. That's a day before when FF says I should test. But it's also usually when I stop taking my progesterone, so I'm going to try to see if I can get a BFP! I'll be 12dpo then. We'll see how that goes.

ValH - I looked at your chart. I'm not really sure. I don't have any experience with OPKs and that's throwing me off. I would tend to agree with FF, but the OPKs show ovulation even later than that - I think? ?? Either way, you're definitely in the 2WW. Good luck!

AFM: I'm really happy about my chart this month. I never have a triphasic pattern and my chart is shaping up to be just that. I really hope that temp stays up!

#26 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 10:17 AM

Welcome nettlesoup!

ValH - Your Odate looks right to me. I've heard that you can get + OPK after you O as well due to residual LH. But, not sure. I don't use them b/c they just confuse me.

Swimmingduck - Your chart looks great!!! Let's hope you're one of our first October BFPs! I can't believe there are none on the list yet...

AFM: 11 DPO today...still haven't tested. We only BDed once this month but O date is uncertain b/c I forgot to take my temp one day and also had UTI right around O. So, we either timed the one BD perfectly or after O. Trying not to get my hopes up, but I've been pretty tired the last few days. Also, my BBs have been sore -- walking down a hill on Saturday caused them pain, as well as folding my arms. I typically get nipple pain, but not usually actual breast pain before AF. I also had some pretty vivid dreams last night and some restless sleep. But, who knows. Only time will tell. I am too scared to test and get a BFN so I am holding off until Thursday to test if AF doesn't come. In the meantime I'll just keep an eye on my temps as they should start to drop tomorrow or Wednesday.

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#27 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 10:21 AM

nettlesoup--Good luck! I hope your stay here is short!

AFM: It's official. By keeping myself busy from my motherly instincts I only backed them up. Now I'm getting hit full-force with it all. Ahhh! Nothing new to report. I still have a killer cold.

Back to school May 2013!

#28 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

nettlesoup - welcome!

Lydia - thanks for starting the cycle buddy list...I like stalking you all

swimming-duck - that is a good looking chart!

AFM: I am going to tell myself that I am going to wait until at least Friday (11dpo) to test...but realistically, will probably buy some ic's today and start peeing as soon as they get here...which might not be until later in the week anyway. Maybe I will force myself to buy some with a long shipping time Nice temp jump this morning, plus a ton of creamy CM this morning. I'll check later in the day and see if its still there! Plus cervix is higher and softer than the past few days. I've been bloated and "heavy feeling," but that might also be because I've been eating a lot. I keep pushing on my boobs to see if they are sore...they aren't. That symptom started around 6 dpo with my last pregnancy.

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

#29 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 02:21 PM

Sigh... Lower back ache and some uterine cramping. I'm CD21, the last time I took antibiotics at the beginning of a cycle, AF arrived on CD22. I'm only 4dpo, so it's very likely that the antibiotics screwed up my cycle, again.

#30 of 254 Old 10-11-2010, 02:23 PM

11dpo today... and all the sudden I woke up this morning with absolutely no symptoms either way. I feel absolutely wonderful... no PMS-y feelings (I only have a 11-12 day LP so it's definitely time to be feeling something)... I have quite a bit of energy and just feel pretty good so that's probably NOT a good sign of pregnancy. Or maybe it is since I normally have such horrible PMS symptoms (I.E biting my children and husband's heads off, sleepiness, cramps, sore breasts, skin breakouts, greasiness) I feel like I'm in a great mood, tons of energy, no cramps, my breasts feel completely normal, not a pimple to be found and no greasiness... maybe no symptoms is a symptom itself? I don't know but my temp is down this morning but not a dramatic drop, just a little. Our windows were also open last night and it was pretty chilly so I'm pretty sure it's not my normal AF drop... Guess we'll see what tomorrow brings us.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page