FF or TCOYF? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Which one do you prefer?

I'm still waiting for my first PPAF (my LO is 12m) and am not actively charting yet, but will likely get started pretty soon. When we conceived my DS I charted all of half a cycle *on paper* before I got my BFP. But this time I'd like to do online charting.

What are the pros and cons of FF vs TCOYF? I'm already signed up for both, but wondered what you all thought of them.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#2 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 06:29 PM

I found FF easier to use overall and seemed to be more accurate for me. Though usually it was off on my O date since I always o'ed the day of the temp drop not the day of the rise.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 06:32 PM

I love FF and when sharing mine/reading others I find its a lot easier to quickly decipher things compared to TCOYF charts.

That said, TCOYF book is awesome and always a recommendation from me... but I think they would really be better off to join forces with FF to make both a bit better.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#4 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I love the TCOYF book! I read it before I got preg with my first and it rocked my world. . even when not TTC I love really understanding how things are working with my cycle.

I have noticed that most mamas are using FF though.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#5 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 06:38 PM

oh for pros and cons... i don't know much about TCOYF but I know that FF has more features and is easier for many of us to look at a wonky chart and almost instantly spot a problem with it. So that would be a big pro in my book.

Plus, you dont have to pay for FF to get it to work for you, but if you do pay you get a lot of added features that I personally feel are totally worth it.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#6 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 08:25 PM

I like FF better but haven't decided about buying a VIP membership just yet.
#7 of 7 Old 10-13-2010, 08:31 PM

I've used both FF and Ovusoft for many years. I prefer the Ovusoft and found it to be more accurate. It also has features automatically that FF doesn't (on the free FF version at least). For example Ovusoft will add or subtract a 10th for each 1/2 hour off of your regular wake time. They also say where you're at in the cycle and forecast AF, pregnancy, fertile times, etc.

I also like the layout of Ovusoft better, the symptoms you can add, etc. I will add that I'm referring to the software, not the free beta version. I didn't like that one at all.

Semi-crunchy Momma to a 4 year old girl and a baby girl born in July of 2011.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page