BFN on 11 DPO with FRER - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DH and I are TTC baby #2, (for me, #1 for him). I didn't find out until I was 6 weeks with DD. I got a BFN yesterday, (10 DPO) and today , (11 DPO) with FRER. This is month #3 of TTC. What is the average DPOs for a BFP and how many months is average for TTC?

Wife to Wonderful DH, mother to fabulous DD of 4 and Baby Dancing TTC #2 since Aug '10!
#2 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 07:41 PM

average is probably right around 11 dpo. it can be anytime between 6 and 18 dpo, but most are in that 10 - 12 range, if you are sure of your dates. (if you belong to ff, they have lots of stats, and i would look it up for you but my vip just expired. i do know they say if no af by 18 dpo and bfn, ask your health care provider what is going on.) re: how long it takes, there supposedly is about a 25-30% chance of conception in a perfect cycle wtih well timed intercourse. i think it's safe to say 4 mths is not unusual at all. some get lucky first month, others it takes a year or more. after a year, if you are under 35, you should talk to a doc about it. if you chart and know everything is good with your cycle, you might talk to a doc after 6 mths. if you've got an easy going doc, they will start looking at the easy stuff anytime you ask. some of them make you wait a year.

do you chart?

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#3 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

I don't chart but I keep a detailed calendar and use ovulation prediction tests. I had a mirena IUD remove August 1st and have had regular 27 day cycles since. I am on FF though. I am impatient and getting a little discouraged for this month, lol. Thanks for the info though!

Wife to Wonderful DH, mother to fabulous DD of 4 and Baby Dancing TTC #2 since Aug '10!
#4 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 08:41 PM

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. I have had strong pregnancy symptoms (gagging & nearly vomitting, low-level nausea, food cravings & aversions, things I never experience pre-AF) but I got a BFN at 12DPO (though it wasn't FMU). I'm now at 14DPO & no AF yet, I'm afraid to test again but at the same time can't wait -- going to try to wait 'til the weekend though. Everything I read seems to say that tests start being more accurate at 12DPO but some people don't get a BFP until a couple days after a missed period. I definitely think it's possible to get a false negative at 10-11DPO, it's not over 'til AF shows, and your ovulation date could be off a day or two or you could implant late...

We've been TTC for most of the last year+ but we have taken a month off here & there. It took us a year of about the same effort to conceive DS. I'm still nursing too so I'm sure that could be throwing things off a bit for me. But I know like the PP said that if you are trying with perfect timing for a year or longer, it's recommended that you see a doctor.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#5 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 PM

According to fertility friend, average positive result is 12.6 dpo - or 13. I know, I can't believe that either. But I think it's more true than not.

With charting and good timing, and if you are under 35, I think within a year is about right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#6 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

@ Crunch Mommy, I had the same thing happen last month. I have never experienced pre AF symptoms like the ones I had. Waaaaay too tender breasts, nausea, weird taste and smell. No BFP! AF came with a vengence. I had the worst period for 3 days. So it could still just be AF, but think positive!

@ Baby Cakes, I hope FF is right and I get that BFP in the next few days! Thanks for the info!

#7 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookemw85 View Post
DH and I are TTC baby #2, (for me, #1 for him). I didn't find out until I was 6 weeks with DD. I got a BFN yesterday, (10 DPO) and today , (11 DPO) with FRER. This is month #3 of TTC. What is the average DPOs for a BFP and how many months is average for TTC?
With my current pregnancy, I got a BFN at 11 dpo and then a BFP at 13 dpo....good luck

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
#8 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 10:12 PM

i think the ff testing stats get thrown off a little bit because i am not sure, but i think there actually are women out there who dont test until they are late! that brings up the avg a little because if they started testing at 8 dpo like most of us do (or sooner) they might have seen a bfp sooner.

Every good and perfect gift is from above.
#9 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookemw85 View Post
@ Crunch Mommy, I had the same thing happen last month. I have never experienced pre AF symptoms like the ones I had. Waaaaay too tender breasts, nausea, weird taste and smell. No BFP! AF came with a vengence. I had the worst period for 3 days. So it could still just be AF, but think positive!
Ughhh DON'T tell me that lol. Last month I had a 16-day luteal phase and cramping for almost 2 weeks... so I was several days late and sure I was going to get a BFP but I ended up with an AF so bad that I was lying on the floor crying & writhing in pain (while 20mo DS was sitting on the floor across the room also crying and I couldn't even get to him). I CANNOT handle another AF like that. Not to mention getting my hopes up yet AGAIN.

Co-sleeping is really wonderful when your child actually SLEEPS!! familybed1.gif
#10 of 12 Old 10-19-2010, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mommy View Post
Ughhh DON'T tell me that lol. Last month I had a 16-day luteal phase and cramping for almost 2 weeks... so I was several days late and sure I was going to get a BFP but I ended up with an AF so bad that I was lying on the floor crying & writhing in pain (while 20mo DS was sitting on the floor across the room also crying and I couldn't even get to him). I CANNOT handle another AF like that. Not to mention getting my hopes up yet AGAIN.
I hate to discourage you. I understand what it's like when your child is crying for you and you can't get to them, (a nice round of food poisoning had me in the bathroom every hour when DD was 3 months old). But everyone is different, and maybe you'll get a BFP! Good luck!

#11 of 12 Old 10-20-2010, 01:21 AM

Just want to add that the sensitivity of tests varies and its possible to get a faint BFP on one and not another, especially before 14dpo. And some women just have slower to rise HGC levels. I certainly wouldn't give up home till you were 14dpo or later.

I think the FRERs are pretty good, but I've heard the best things about Equates. And pink dye tests are more reliable than blue dye.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#12 of 12 Old 10-21-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Just an update, BFN the day before AF, (13dpo) with 3 different brands of tests. I've basically accepted another failed month, lol.... Send some baby dust my way for next month though!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page