The Fabulous One Thread Oct. 24-30! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post
[COLOR="Purple"]@sleepingbeauty: gorgeous dress (I think I already said that, but am too lazy to go and look! lol)

.... but I LOVE your necklace!!!!!!
Musicians unite!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post
SleepingBeauty: Love your dress choice. You look like a beautiful Fairy in it I don't know why it makes me think of that, but it does!
Thank you. For some reason that made my morning. I'm a pretty fairy!

Kris:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Partner to P
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mama to T

"Auntie" to W (9yrs) 
and Z (7yrs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also have a quick OPK question. Yesterday I got a neg OPK (faint line) around 3 pm. This morning my temp is way up as if I ovulated. Does that seem reasonable? That's the only OPK I have ever taken, I bought the kit yesterday.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#63 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 11:11 AM

Yellowdart - I've had the same thing happen to me...I'm not sure what the answer is. From what I've read, temp jumps trump everything so I go with that. I've tried OPK's a few times but I'm not very good at being consistent about using them, and I don't know about all the ambiguity. :-P I have a bunch I ordered online though so I am going to try again with them this month.

AFM: CD 12 and the BDing is going well. We started on CD 10 this month and plan to keep going EOD until my temp rises. Going to start using Pre-seed too.

I have a question for you ladies about checking CM -- I am always unsure about what I'm looking at during this time because of all the BDing. I can't tell what's what, so I tend not to really pay much attention. How do you all do it? Am I missing something? :-P

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!

#64 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post
Calycanth, it sounds like we are cycle buddies!!! I am 3 DPO. Any other cycle buddies out there yet?

For the EPO, this is my first month taking it and I stopped the day my temps went up because that is what I heard you are supposed to do. Just one week ago I was complaining that I had absolutely no CM and the EPO wasn't working. Boy did I end up eating my words because I started having EWCM like the next day (I rarely have EWCM) and by O day I was actually having EWCM that stretched like 2 inches! I was so excited I tried to show DH, but he was like ewwwwwwwwww hehe.

Well, I'm glad to know EPO works! I hope it's that effective for me. I want to be swimming in EWCM. OK, that sounds gross, but seriously - bring on the fertile mucus!

And I'm so glad to have a cycle buddy! I'll be living vicariously through you when you test this month.

AFM: Stressed today. I have a job interview tomorrow, and I'm nervous. Yesterday I bought a pair of slacks to wear to the interview, but they're about two inches too long, and I can't sew. I called my mom and asked her what to do, and she suggested pressing them and then carefully duct taping the hems. Sigh. The fact that I'll be wearing duct tape to the interview does not increase my self-confidence.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#65 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 12:12 PM

Calycanth - they sell iro-on hem maker stuff that I've used in a pinch. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...RODID=prd34507 Same idea as duct tape, but a little more "legitimate" if you are looking to increase confidence Good luck on your interview!

Wife to a wonderful man since June '04, mommy to a beautiful 3 year old son and 1 year old daughter.

#66 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowdart View Post
I also have a quick OPK question. Yesterday I got a neg OPK (faint line) around 3 pm. This morning my temp is way up as if I ovulated. Does that seem reasonable? That's the only OPK I have ever taken, I bought the kit yesterday.
It's possible your surge happened the day before you bought the kit. This month I got a positive OPK one day, a negative the next day, and O'ed on the third day.

I highly recommend IC OPKs! That way you can start testing earlier. I got 50 tests for less than $10.

#67 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 12:42 PM

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so happy that is here (after a 42-day annovulatory cycle)! Please move me to waiting to O.

We're moving to a new city in the next couple of weeks so I don't know how great our timing will be this cycle. Does anyone live in Monterey County in California? I need some friends.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#68 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonadl2 View Post
I have a question for you ladies about checking CM -- I am always unsure about what I'm looking at during this time because of all the BDing. I can't tell what's what, so I tend not to really pay much attention. How do you all do it? Am I missing something? :-P
I'm no expert, but I squeeze my cervix a little and feel what comes out, and if it's clear I assume it's not semen. Also if we BD in the evening, I don't check CM until the next afternoon/evening. Again though I'm pretty new at this.

Thanks to everyone for the OPK info. Hopefully my temp shift will be sustained and I can stop being all dramatic about O'ing a couple days later than I expected.

MommyMatsumoto - I don't live in the area, but I visited the Monterey/Santa Cruz/Big Sur a couple years ago, and wow, what a lovely place. I hope you love it! Good luck with the new cycle.

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#69 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
I'm no expert, but I squeeze my cervix a little and feel what comes out, and if it's clear I assume it's not semen. Also if we BD in the evening, I don't check CM until the next afternoon/evening. Again though I'm pretty new at this.
Maybe it's because I don't usually check at the cervix....should I start? I also don't usually check CP because it really confuses me when I try and I don't know what I'm feeling. Anyone know of any good places to get "instructions" on checking CP or CM at the cervix? I have TCOYF but I'm still confused. :-P I usually just temp and BD until my temp goes up. Do I really need to confirm O with CM if I am temping?

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#70 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quote:
yellowdart, that seems perfectly normal to me. This cycle I got a semi-dark line the day before, a very faint line on O day, and my temp rose the next morning.

Me (32), married to DH (36)
3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013

Mom to Liliana born May 2014

#71 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 02:58 PM

Quote:
I usually BD in the evening right before bedtime, so I disregard anything I see in my undies until after noon or so the next day.

#72 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Maybe it's because I don't usually check at the cervix....should I start? I also don't usually check CP because it really confuses me when I try and I don't know what I'm feeling. Anyone know of any good places to get "instructions" on checking CP or CM at the cervix? I have TCOYF but I'm still confused. :-P I usually just temp and BD until my temp goes up. Do I really need to confirm O with CM if I am temping?
Lauren last month I was checking CM at the cervix because my undies were COMPLETELY dry and I thought I had none! Thanks to the EPO though it wasn't necessary this month.

I find checking CP to be useful for determining when O is coming up and when it has happened. However it takes a while to get used to though. I think once you have checked CP for an entire cycle you get more of an idea what soft vs firm, high vs low and open vs closed feel like. When you first start though it is a bit hard to tell.

CM and/or CP are not necessary to confirm O but they are essential for knowing when O is about to arrive, which helps you time your BDing.

#73 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 03:03 PM

Chillin' out in our storage room right now riding out some killer storms and a tornado warning that we are directly in the path of... fun! not.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#74 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Chillin' out in our storage room right now riding out some killer storms and a tornado warning that we are directly in the path of... fun! not.
We had to hang out in the basement this morning, but they've lifted the tornado warning here - now it's just a "high winds warning." My friend in Kentucky is also hearing sirens - what a crazy storm!

#75 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
I tend to just check the undies, but only count it as CM if there's not been any BDing in the previous ten or twelve hours. I may be missing something, too, though! I'm definitely not a pro, and have only been checking CM within the past month or two. Good luck!

For those dealing with the storms and tornadoes - GOOD LUCK AND BE SAFE!

AFM - CD5, just waiting for AF to go away so the BDing can begin.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#76 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 03:47 PM

Out of the storage room now, YAY!

Okay, this morning I had some EWCM and SHO cervix... I took an OPK and it wasn't positive but it was darker then it usually is. I normally have a fade in pattern... Well, I took one again at 10am and it was about the same, maybe a bit darker. Just took another one at a little before 3 and it was CLEARLY negative. Taking one every 4 hours, I couldn't possibly have missed my surge, could I? That was my last opk so I think I'm going to have to go buy another box. Color me frustrated. I was really hoping to get a positive today and start BDing like crazy. I AM having tons of O signs though... so maybe it will be tomorrow... I hate this crap.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#77 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

I'm in Indiana and we had a heck of a storm this morning. The wind was crazy!!! It rained pretty well for a few hours, too. The town next to us (In Kentucky) was under a tornado warning for awhile. Fun times. The college here lost power for about an hour... As did about 400 other homes. (There's about 300,000 where I am though, so 400 isn't much.)

I also check my CP sometimes, but not all cycle. I check it before AF, after AF, and randomly throughout my cycle. I never go digging for CM, I always just check my underoos. I do it just out of fascination. I don't do it for any kind of reference to anything. It's crazy to see the body changes that happen involuntarily!!!

AFM: CD11. I had creamy CM yesterday, but it's not really here today... I still have NO symptoms of O. Maybe my body just isn't telling me this month like it did last month. I had sore boobs, I vomitted, cramping, a brown spot when I wiped once... The whole nine yards! I haven't had ANY of that this month. (That all happened between CD11-13 last month) Whatever. We're still BDing EOD, but that's mainly to keep DH happy. =D

I deemed this month as my, "I don't care what happens" month. I've got a lot of STUPID drama going on with my family, so it's sitting in the back of my mind.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#78 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Oooh July DDC is up! Time to start stalking hehe

#79 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 04:47 PM

Can I be moved to Waitin' and Marinatin' please?

We've decided to stop "trying" for now, although we won't be preventing. I'm just getting too stressed out about my body not working right (currently CD 60 of what is probably another anovulatory cycle, although I stopped charting halfway through so I can't be sure) and I really need a break from TTC. If something happens anyway, great, but not counting on it and trying to be okay with that for now because I'm also not feeling ready to jump into medicalized fertility stuff at this point. I'll probably still drop in here occasionally.

Full-time RVing wifey, TTC #1 and working towards living debt-free!
#80 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 04:48 PM

Thanks ladies. I'm glad to hear most of you just check in the undies/outside area rather than at "the source". I didn't realize it took such a short time for DH to leave...I always thought it was hanging around longer than that...but what I thought was him was most likely EWCM. This is a huge help. Thanks ladies. I know I should do the "water test" but sometimes it's inconvenient (i.e. at work!).

I typically just BD EOD until my temp goes up and start earlier enough that I'm sure I'm in the fertile window. Can't hurt, right? This is cycle #4 though, so I am starting to wonder if I'm doing anything wrong, you know?

Baby dust to all this month. I can't believe how few October BFP's we have. Hopefully that means we'll have an explosion in November.

#81 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTHamI? View Post

We've decided to stop "trying" for now, although we won't be preventing. I'm just getting too stressed out about my body not working right (currently CD 60 of what is probably another anovulatory cycle, although I stopped charting halfway through so I can't be sure) and I really need a break from TTC. If something happens anyway, great, but not counting on it and trying to be okay with that for now because I'm also not feeling ready to jump into medicalized fertility stuff at this point. I'll probably still drop in here occasionally.

#82 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:

Good Luck on your journey.
#83 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 05:00 PM

WTHamI - Best of luck to you! I hope you get your BFP when you least expect it.

bonadl2 - I don't think you're doing anything wrong. Sometimes it just takes longer than expected.

#84 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
i reeeealy want to see the "TMI" post that got removed...too bad i came to late!! that swat i get for staying off MDC...BAD viv!

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
#85 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post
I deemed this month as my, "I don't care what happens" month. I've got a lot of STUPID drama going on with my family, so it's sitting in the back of my mind.
I'm trying to think along the same lines. Maybe if I don't care, it will happen?

Quote:

...all my best to you, WTHamI...

#86 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivica2 View Post
i reeeealy want to see the "TMI" post that got removed...too bad i came to late!! that swat i get for staying off MDC...BAD viv!
I read it when it was first posted... It had something to do with DH pulsating during BDing, to put it in G-rated terms. I didn't read any of the responses, though... kicking myself now, though, I'm sure it was interesting!

#87 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 05:41 PM

Hi gals! Would you guys mind checking out my chart? FF keeps on switching between O on cd 18 and cd21. I'm kicking myself for stopping my cervix check after I got HSO the first few times! I'm starting to wonder if I possibly geared up for O then finally O'd? I really need to re-order some opk's...

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#88 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Hi gals! Would you guys mind checking out my chart? FF keeps on switching between O on cd 18 and cd21. I'm kicking myself for stopping my cervix check after I got HSO the first few times! I'm starting to wonder if I possibly geared up for O then finally O'd? I really need to re-order some opk's...
Looks like CD18 to me...but at least either way your BD pattern has you covered! Your chart looks great!

#89 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

WTHamI... Best of luck to you. They say it always happens when it's least expected!!!

AFM: I just realized that this is cycle #13 of trying. =( I will say though, that I've only been SERIOUSLY trying since July... But still. =( Womp. And with as hard as I'm trying, I have that terrible gut feeling that the first time it does happen... It won't stick. =( Today's one of those days, I guess...

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#90 of 184 Old 10-26-2010, 06:51 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Eek!! How scary! That kind of thing doesn't happen in New York...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMatsumoto View Post
I never thought I'd say this, but I'm so happy that is here (after a 42-day annovulatory cycle)! Please move me to waiting to O.

We're moving to a new city in the next couple of weeks so I don't know how great our timing will be this cycle. Does anyone live in Monterey County in California? I need some friends.
I think ANYONE'd be happy at that point! Congrats on AF?

Good luck WTHamI?!!

Kris:

Partner to P
, Mama to T

"Auntie" to W (9yrs) 
and Z (7yrs)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page