Forum Jump: 

Old 11-08-2010, 12:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Where are you in your cycle: CD 11

When are you thinking of testing: End of Nov/Beginning of Dec.

Hey, CD11 here too!
Hm... 09 TTC threads buddy.... and now cycle buddy!!!
Let's see if we can make it DDC buddies this month too, huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2010, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleToes View Post
  • Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
  • Lose yourself in a moment.
  • Take a deep breath and exhale.
  • Keep the promises you make to yourself.
Very, very true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post
This weekend has been overwhelming, I feel like I need another weekend to recover from my weekend Having doubts about my ability to handle life with a baby at this point.
Oh, you'd be surprised at how a baby will fit in with your "schedule", because your "schedule" will change dramatically - whether you want it to or design it to or not!! :beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post
You and DH will find your balance. Also, having a baby kind of forces you to not over commit. Your whole day is scheduled around feedings and naps and cranky times. I've def used ds as an "excuse" to get out of some stuff. Oops! Baby is fussy and has a runny nose, can't go to [insert really un-fun family function]!

I second this!!!! Babies are an awesome "excuse" for down-time. Let's just hope you get that excuse soon, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post
Do you have any stress triggers: School is really trying me right now. My dh is having a 'Major' crisis and can't decide if he wants to stay in his field or switch to a new one which is making me second guess what I'm going to school for too
Oh dear... All I can say is do what feels right... Listen to your heart. Do what you love and what makes you happy - even if it doesn't seem like the "best" idea at the moment. When I was much younger, all I wanted to do was be a concert pianist.... then I started learning clarinet as well, and eventually my wrists couldn't handle it any more. I have chronic tendonitis in both wrists, and have had since I was 12. This made me give up my dream of a musical career - and decide to be a chef. I was offered an apprenticeship at an international resort chain when I was 15... 3 weeks after I decided to study music teaching. I'm so happy I did... I love what I do (even with a stereotypical crappy salary... ). On the other hand, I also love to cook... so if I ever get bored with teaching (doubtful, but I'm keeping my options open... ) I'll open my own musical restaurant chain...

Quote:
When are you thinking of testing: At the end of November

Oooh... another testing buddy! Guess I might start another 1ww thread in just over a week or so, huh?
Old 11-08-2010, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

Hey, CD11 here too!
Hm... 09 TTC threads buddy.... and now cycle buddy!!!
Let's see if we can make it DDC buddies this month too, huh?
Awesome! I'm hoping this month can be it My dh's SA numbers were much better, so the meds are finally wearing off. Doc said not to expect anything for another few months, but a girl can hope eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post
Oh dear... All I can say is do what feels right... Listen to your heart. Do what you love and what makes you happy - even if it doesn't seem like the "best" idea at the moment. When I was much younger, all I wanted to do was be a concert pianist.... then I started learning clarinet as well, and eventually my wrists couldn't handle it any more. I have chronic tendonitis in both wrists, and have had since I was 12. This made me give up my dream of a musical career - and decide to be a chef. I was offered an apprenticeship at an international resort chain when I was 15... 3 weeks after I decided to study music teaching. I'm so happy I did... I love what I do (even with a stereotypical crappy salary... ). On the other hand, I also love to cook... so if I ever get bored with teaching (doubtful, but I'm keeping my options open... ) I'll open my own musical restaurant chain...
Yeah my major is pretty useless...I love and adore Theatre! I'm a costume designer...However, I do enjoy Nursing as well (I know, two polar opposites!). My dh is going to need long term care here in the near future and I've been told by the VA that if I get my RN they will pay me to take care of Dh....but my head may just explode if I don't get any kind of creative outlet!!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 AM

I've always been interested in music therapy too....

Hmm... a theatrical nurse as opposed to a theater nurse? Sounds like awesome therapy to me!!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moon, I'm a nurse! I'd rather be a sahm, but it's a great career when you have small kids because you can have almost any schedule you need/want. And that would be SO awesome if you could get paid for caring for dh!

Babycakes! I did a little chart stalking this morning --- AWESOME temp spike, girl! And nice job holding out poas! I hope you are our first November grad tomorrow!!!!!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 11-08-2010, 12:29 PM

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Have any of you ladies read any really good books that helped you relax about TTC or just about life in general? I am feeling really stressed out about TTC right now because I spent time yesterday with a gang of friends who are all pregnant or have newborns and it just made me feel so awful. I am worried that I am becoming so stressed out that I won't be able to get pregnant, and that is stressing me out even more!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 11-08-2010, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post
Moon, I'm a nurse! I'd rather be a sahm, but it's a great career when you have small kids because you can have almost any schedule you need/want. And that would be SO awesome if you could get paid for caring for dh!
What kind of license do you have? I'm trying to decide between a 2yr and a 4yr RN...

Quote:
I am feeling really stressed out about TTC right now because I spent time yesterday with a gang of friends who are all pregnant or have newborns and it just made me feel so awful. I am worried that I am becoming so stressed out that I won't be able to get pregnant, and that is stressing me out even more!
Oh no! You aren't allowed to stress yet hun, you are only on cycle #4!! It will happen

I went through the same thing when I hit the ttc for 1yr mark too. And yeah, it doesn't help that when you're ttc all you see are babies and pregnant women!

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 11-09-2010, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Moon, I am an RN, BSN. I would recommend a BSN to anybody, because I believe in the research that shows more BSN prepared nurses = better patient outcomes. The nursing profession has a long long way to go before all, or even most, of our nurses are baccalaureate prepared, but the data are what they are, so I tend to encourage people to get their BSN. That being said, if your main goal is to care for your dh, a 2 year program will certainly be sufficient, and even a great stepping stone to getting your BSN one day, should you want it. (Ugh, I really don't want to offend any nurses out there!)

Musicoholic, I just saw your comment about another 1ww testing thread! I've been lurking on the Nov 8-14 one, and really looking forward to a 15-21 thread! I may have to bite the bullet and start one... unless anyone else is interested?

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 11-09-2010, 04:03 AM

@Copper - go ahead!! My window doesn't start till around the 20th - so I'll do the week after you!
Old 11-10-2010, 09:41 AM

I tested at 11dpo this morning with FMU and got...

a BFN....

yuck.

AF is due on Saturday. I made the decision after my husband suggested it to just not test and wait for AF to "possibly" be late. Just try to enjoy date night on Friday and not stress or worry about anything.

Hopefully I can stick to this and not run out and buy a few more tests....the BFN really bummed me and I'm really disappointed because, of course, I am totally convinced that I am pregnant but whatever decision mother nature will hand me is cool too.

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
Old 11-10-2010, 10:18 AM

Hi ladies, I have lurked for a few months and am now ready to join you, we are officially on the TTC train and I am NOT doing to myself what I did last time (testing so much, charting, getting anxious).  I have been all zen and cool up until now, I need help staying cool.  Now that we actually tried, I am just so dang excited for the next two weeks to pass.

Erin/BeantownBaby9

29, Cycle #1, TTC#2, #1 Chase, 28mo

MTHFR homozygous

Hey, copper kettle, I love that you had to spell out Pats = Patriots. smile.gif We went to the DMB show last night in town and Wes Welker was in the backstage lounge with us.  My hubby got a pic with him.  He is TINY!

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 11-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Welcome Beantownbaby 9!

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
Old 11-10-2010, 11:43 AM

Just checking in here - not much is happening with me.  I am on CD 14, so hopefully will O soon.  I'm doing pretty well at not stressing or obsessing, but I giuess that's because this is only cycle #2 of trying.  I'm sure it gets more stressful as time goes on. 

I am keeping my fingers crossed for the mamas who are waiting to know!  Good luck!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
Old 11-10-2010, 01:05 PM

Hi all!  I was out of touch for the past four days, so I haven't had a chance to catch up on the pages on stuff, but I will! 

Just wanted to check in.  I'm at 5dpo, and doing a great job at not getting stressed or obsessing.  What's working for me is the fact that I was informed that the family Thanksgiving dinner is going to be at my house, and we're doing on 11/21.  So, being obsessed with that is definitely keeping me from obsessing about the 2WW!  smile.gif

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 11-10-2010, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Ok, trying to get my bearings with the new boards smile.gif  Anyone know why we can't have icons in our sigs anymore?  Just curious.

And down to business wink1.gif

Beantown: wave.gif Welcome!!  Love your screenname!  And I LOVE Wes Welker !!!  Hope your stay here is short and sweet smile.gif.  Just check that I added your info correctly.

Karma: hug.gif on the BFN.  Hoping you become one of those BFN turned BFP stories.

ValH: GL hosting!  It's probably perfect timing... very distracting from 2ww stressing smile.gif

Old 11-12-2010, 06:26 AM - Thread Starter

Time for the weekend check-in smile.gif  Hope everyone had a terrific week!

Weekend Check-In

Name: Copper

Date:11.12

Where are you in your cycle: CD 20, 6 DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Hm, nothing that couldn't also be normal LP/PMS stuff.  Breasts are getting sore, cramps, increased appetite.  I did have a huge aversion to my salad the other night at work and ordered out instead.  I NEVER order out, and eat the same salad every day.  When I was pg with DS, I could't eat salad or veggies AT ALL in my first tri.  (I felt so guilty!).  So, I'm really trying not to read to much into it, but it was weird.

When are you thinking of testing:  11.19, 13 DPO

Thoughts:  Just trying to stay cool and not obsess.

Appointments:  Nope

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  Same as usual.  Thinking about adding vit D to my daily meds which are: prenatal and 1000mg vit C once a day, and fish oil and calmag 2-3 times per day. 

Do you have any stress triggers:  Not really.  DS has been acting up more lately which makes me wonder what we're thinking lol.gif

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Exercise and starting to get lists/plans together for the holidays.  Just trying to stay busy and distracted!

Partners feelings if applicable:  He's convinced I'm pregnant.  I think after TTA for so long (like, our whole lives!), he can't imagine that it didn't work on the first try.  He looked at me the other day and said "you're pregnant, and it's a girl".  When I got my bfp with DS, he told me that day that it was a boy.  We've always talked about how much we'd love another DS, so for him to come out with this girl prediction shocked me.  I know this stuff has NO EFFECT on anything going on in my ute, but it's fun all the same smile.gif

Plans for this weekend:  My weekend to work greensad.gif  Also, trying not to obsess!

Looking forward to everyone's updates!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

Do you have any stress triggers:  Not really.  DS has been acting up more lately which makes me wonder what we're thinking lol.gif

Too funny!  biglaugh.gif  I think that sometimes when I go visit my sister and her two kids... jk (mostly)

I can't believe it's already time for the weekend check-in!  Where did the week go? 

Name: Valerie

Date:11.12

Where are you in your cycle: 7 DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Today feeling crampy and having tinted CM.

When are you thinking of testing:  11.20, 15 DPO

Thoughts:  Not feeling too optomistic this month... had the crampy and tinted CM before, and it just lead to days of pre-AF spotting.  fingersx.gif that it won't happen this month! 

Appointments:  Yearly appointment next Tuesday!!!  Yay!  Going to discuss fertility issues while I'm there - DH is even going with me. 

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  Same stuff - just drinking lots of water and taking B-50 Complex.

Do you have any stress triggers:  Work this week.  And tinted CM that I fear will turn into pre-AF spotting at a very early date. 

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Being distracted by planning upcoming dinner parties, etc. 

Partners feelings if applicable:  Not sure right now.  He's pretty laid back. 

Plans for this weekend:  Unofficial cornhole tournament in my back yard!  And a post-wedding reception tonight. 

Old 11-12-2010, 08:50 AM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Heidi
Date: Friday Nov 12
Where are you in your cycle: CD12
Symptoms if they apply: Fertility monitor started showing high fertility yesterday, 2 days earlier than last month! I wondering if this means I will O 2 days sooner this month, I can't wait to find out! Either way, BD marathon starts today smile.gif
When are you thinking of testing: Not really thinking about that yet.
Thoughts: Feeling really positive about this cycle since my acupuncture appointment on Wednesday.
Appointments: N/A
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Not really
Do you have any stress triggers: Not anymore
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I was feeling super stressed out earlier this week but on Wednesday (during my acupuncture appt) I believe that I received a message from the spirit of my future baby saying that he/she will stick around until I get pregnant and we will definitely meet someday. I know it sounds kind of crazy but now I fell totally zen. Since then I have constantly had the feeling that my spirit baby is holding my hand and I feel comforted by that!
Partners feelings if applicable: He says he believes me about the spirit baby thing (my mom and dad totally believe it is real as well)
Plans for this weekend: Going to a baptism tomorrow... earlier this week I thought I wouldn't be able to survive the baptism (seeing all those babies) but now I am not worried at all because my spirit baby is here with me!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:00 AM

Sourire - That's fantastic that you are feeing so zen about everything.  And the thought of your future baby holding your hand through it all, that has to be so comforting!!  And yay for the "high fertility!"  joy.gif 

Old 11-12-2010, 02:34 PM

Weekend Check-In

Name: Karmamamaa
Date:Friday the 12th

Where are you in your cycle: CD25, 13DPO....AF due tomorrow.....

Symptoms if they apply: Hmmm....I had total 2ww symptoms and of course was totally convinced I was pg but I'm kind of sort of feeling AF symptoms at the moment. I always have quite a bit of cm right before AF so its daunting (is that cm? or AF?) I'm tired though, way tired. Last week was the crankiest I have even been in my life.

When are you thinking of testing:  If AF does not show up tomorrow, I am going and buying tests like no ones business.

Thoughts: Well, I'd sure like a BFP. I spoke to DH last night regarding if we're not pregnant this cycle if he wants to skip a few months....well for selfish reasons really!!!!! I live in south florida...DD was a September baby....and I can't do the third trimester in the summer months down here again! A November or onward baby would be nice.....I guess we'll see what tomorrow brings!!!!!!!

Appointments:  None

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  Whatever is meant to be will be.

Do you have any stress triggers:  Nope!

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I'm really happy, like seriously happy, for everyone who got BFPs this month. I know mine will come when its my time, but I really am enjoying seeing everyone else get theirs. I have my popcorn out!

Partners feelings if applicable:  He is so busy at work but totally loving DD and family life...he gave the signal to try this cycle....I think his "what will be will be" attitude is just what I needed and he just likes to practice making babies anyway so a BFN wouldn't shake him!!!! teehehe....
Plans for this weekend:  Date night!!!! We have a business event tomorrow....and maybe the zoo on Sunday! (if I can pull him away from football...)

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM - Thread Starter

Sourire, I'm glad you are feeling better, and I hope your baby finds you in the next few days :)

Karma!  I hope you are our first Nov grad tomorrow!  We need to get things rolling!!

Val, hope your tinted CM is implantation!

Old 11-12-2010, 07:14 PM

Name: Bee

Date:13Nov

Where are you in your cycle: CD16 - 7dpo according to FF ...  2dpo according to me. lol.gif

Symptoms if they apply: have been a bit nauseous the last couple of days, and last night could NOT get comfortable now matter how I tried (I ended up putting my netbook on the couch and getting on my knees on the floor with my chest on the couch like I was in my 3rd trimester!!  lol.gif Must have looked hilarious, but it was comfortable (and noone was home! orngbiggrin.gif)), and last night had a hot flash that lasted about a minute, then disappeared.  But that's all just because I'm a little dehydrated (sudden warmer weather, didn't think to increase fluid intakegreensad.gif)

When are you thinking of testing somewhere around Nov 25 (af is due then)

Thoughts:  Not much...  DH is overseas until the 23rd, so am spending most of my time worrying about DS, making sure I get him to school on time etc etc etc

Appointments none 

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc nope.

Do you have any stress triggersBesides worrying about whether my students will actually study for their exam?  Nope. lol.gif

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Organising my school Christmas Concert (3 weeks bigeyes.gif)

Partners feelings if applicable:  I don't care. :wink  He's gone to Thailand without us.  orngtongue.gif He was very positive before he left love.gif

Plans for this weekend:  As little as possible.  Aside from writing exams and concert prep...  and writing reports....  and spending time with DS orngbiggrin.gif

Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 PM

I just read that back...  what kind of normal person thinks organising a whole-school concert is stress-free????  :laugh

we-ell...  I've never claimed to be "normal"....  :wink

Old 11-12-2010, 08:12 PM

Hi ladies!

I'm just catching up a little... between my anxiety last week and the boards changing, I haven't been reading the thread. I might do my check-in tomorrow. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

I just read that back...  what kind of normal person thinks organising a whole-school concert is stress-free????  :laugh

we-ell...  I've never claimed to be "normal"....  :wink

Yep - you're definitely outside the box on this one, but in a good way! winky.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Appointments: Acupuncture every Wednesday, gynecologist appt at the beginning of December (which I may end up cancelling)

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Last night I went to my first ever group meditation session, it was really cool! I will be doing this again! However when I got home all the feelings of relaxation disappeared as soon as I realized how quickly the day was going by and how much was left to do...

One of the parents at school is a doula and suggested that I look into acupuncture. Would you recommend it? Do you think its helpful?

I wish I could meditate... I gets all ansty after just a few minutes and have the urge to jump around and make a lot of noisebanana.gif. Or I fall asleep. sleeping.gif Is it possible to be meditationally challenged?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoOnFiReGlOw View Post

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Not really...I've been trying to remember my prenatal pills but I've been miserably failing! I'm ordering some OPK's again too so that I can get a better hold of my cycles since they have been so freaky lately.

I'm also terribly at remembering to take my folic acid. I'm hoping that I'll get better about it when I actually have a bfp to motivate me even more. Right now, I'm proud of myself if I remember them for half of the week. duh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sourire View Post

Have any of you ladies read any really good books that helped you relax about TTC or just about life in general? I am feeling really stressed out about TTC right now because I spent time yesterday with a gang of friends who are all pregnant or have newborns and it just made me feel so awful. I am worried that I am becoming so stressed out that I won't be able to get pregnant, and that is stressing me out even more!

I haven't read any ttc books yet, but I can recommend a book that might help you relax about life in general. The book is called Your To Be List by James McMahon & Lauren Rosenfeld. I've not finished reading it myself (because I much prefer fantasies smile.gif), but I liked what I have read. More importantly, maybe, is that I know the authors and they are two of the most grounded, authentic, and at peace people I have ever met. So, while I've not read much of the book, I'm confident that what they have to share is worth while. Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984320709/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289617825&sr=1-1

They also have a blog http://yourtobelist.com/

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

Old 11-13-2010, 07:06 AM

Weekend Check-In

Name: LivingSky/Allison

Date:Nov 13, 2010

Where are you in your cycle: CD28 / 11DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Lots of pinching/pulling type of cramps in the uterus area. Backaches almost every day since O, and frequent headaches.

When are you thinking of testing: Tomorrow!

Thoughts: Super proud of myself for holding out this long without testing. I want to feel hopeful, but after 7 months of trying I feel like I'm destined for another BFN.

Appointments: none

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nothing yet, but I'm planning to do acupuncture this next month whether I'm pregnant or not.

Do you have any stress triggers: Money :)  

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I started my new job on October 25th. It has kept me distracted from TTC, and is helping with money stress as well :) 

Partners feelings if applicable:Nervous and impatient for me to be pregnant.

Plans for this weekend: I get today to myself, DH is working, so a bit of peace and quiet to recover from a work week. I'm not used to 9-5 jobs any more! Tomorrow DH and I are going to The Bay to pick out our new Denby plate pattern. The one we had selected has been discontinued, so they're letting us swap the plates we have for a new set. So that will be fun :)

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-13-2010, 08:57 AM

Weekend Check-In

Name: Taxlady

Date: Nov 13, 2010

Where are you in your cycle: 5 DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Nothing.. I feel nothing as usual for the last two cycles.

When are you thinking of testing: I haven't thought about it.  If I am pregnant this month, I will then know that I have absolutely no control and temping and such was a big waste of time.  

Thoughts: Right now, I'm thinking.. time to get off the computer and get back to studying for my first section of my CPA exam.  I dreamt about it last night.  It's kind of consuming me right now.

Appointments: GI on Monday to get a blood draw.  Hopefully, I've pulled up my iron level a bit (ok, really hoping for A LOT).  Exam on Wednesday at 7pm

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: "Eat the elephant one bite at a time" - wise words from my dad pertaining to my exam cram.

Do you have any stress triggers: Again.. CPA exam. 

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Having something else to stress about besides TTC and my health.  AND - getting my health and energy back is also making me less stressed. 

Partners feelings if applicable: As I always say.. cool as a cucumber.  

Plans for this weekend: Study.  My dad is leaving tonight to go back to his job in Paris, so I'll take a break to see him before he goes.  It's sort of bittersweet... I love it when he is around.  I am truly the "father's daughter" so much like him.  But we have Skype and email.  So he's never really that far away.  

LIVINGSKY! fingersx.gif Tickletoes.. I'm so checking out that book!  Sounds like a really good one!  Thanks. As for the rest of you gals.. have a super weekend!

Old 11-13-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickleToes View Post

One of the parents at school is a doula and suggested that I look into acupuncture. Would you recommend it? Do you think its helpful?

I wish I could meditate... I gets all ansty after just a few minutes and have the urge to jump around and make a lot of noisebanana.gif. Or I fall asleep. sleeping.gif Is it possible to be meditationally challenged?!

I haven't read any ttc books yet, but I can recommend a book that might help you relax about life in general. The book is called Your To Be List by James McMahon & Lauren Rosenfeld. I've not finished reading it myself (because I much prefer fantasies smile.gif), but I liked what I have read. More importantly, maybe, is that I know the authors and they are two of the most grounded, authentic, and at peace people I have ever met. So, while I've not read much of the book, I'm confident that what they have to share is worth while. Here's a link http://www.amazon.com/dp/0984320709/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289617825&sr=1-1

They also have a blog http://yourtobelist.com/

I really like the acupuncture. Usually I come out of the appointments feeling like a million bucks. Sometimes the feeling even lasts a few days (today I am on day 3 of feeling absolutely fabulous, my last appt was on Wednesday). I have noticed that the worse I feel leading up to the acupuncture appointment, the more amazing I feel after! Also it seems to be helping normalise my periods so far (my last period lasted 7 days compared to 10-11-12 days before).

As for meditation, I doubt I would be able to do the meditation on my own but the group meditation involved a lot of breathing excercises and guided visualisations which would probably work for anyone!

I will definitely check out that book, thanks for the recommendation!

I'm also a huge fan of fantasy books as well, that is cool that you like them! Most fantasy fans I know are guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxlady View Post

Do you have any stress triggers: Again.. CPA exam. 

I know what you mean about those professional exams... I went through a ton of really crazy exams (I'm an actuary... if you know anyone who has ever done actuarial exams you will understand!) Anyways best of luck with your studying, it's great that you have something to take your mind off TTC!

Old 11-13-2010, 12:04 PM

ACTUARY!  WOW!!  Now there is a profession that I would have no hope at passing the exams for!  We work with a ton of actuarial reports and it boggles my mind all the formulas.  Pretty cool.. and thanks for the luck.  I'm back to studying. 

Old 11-13-2010, 12:14 PM

*raises hand* Another female fantasy reader here! I force myself to read other genres because I feel like I've read everything good in the fantasy section, but I inevitably just end up trying new/different authers or re reading the same books over and over again. Thankfully I'm one of those people who can read the same book repeatedly and enjoy it just as much each time - and often pick up something new from it with every read.

So that leads to a new question for the thread - what are your favorite books?

Probably the book I enjoy most every time I read it is the Fionovar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay (ok I cheated, it's a trilogy). Honorable mentions go to The Deed of Paksennarion by Elizabeth Moon (another trilogy), most of the books by Raymond Feist, the Wraeththu series by Storm Constantine, the Kushiel trilogies by Jacqueline Carey, and the Game of Throne series by George RR Martin - though I feel that one has started to drag a bit. I also recently read The Host by Stephanie Meyer (author of the Twilight stuff) which I was surprised to really, really enjoy.

I'd love to hear you ladies' favorites, of any genre! I'm always looking for new books to read!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-13-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

*raises hand* Another female fantasy reader here! I force myself to read other genres because I feel like I've read everything good in the fantasy section, but I inevitably just end up trying new/different authers or re reading the same books over and over again. Thankfully I'm one of those people who can read the same book repeatedly and enjoy it just as much each time - and often pick up something new from it with every read.

So that leads to a new question for the thread - what are your favorite books?

Probably the book I enjoy most every time I read it is the Fionovar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay (ok I cheated, it's a trilogy). Honorable mentions go to The Deed of Paksennarion by Elizabeth Moon (another trilogy), most of the books by Raymond Feist, the Wraeththu series by Storm Constantine, the Kushiel trilogies by Jacqueline Carey, and the Game of Throne series by George RR Martin - though I feel that one has started to drag a bit. I also recently read The Host by Stephanie Meyer (author of the Twilight stuff) which I was surprised to really, really enjoy.

I'd love to hear you ladies' favorites, of any genre! I'm always looking for new books to read!

I also love rereading books... every time one of my favourite fantasy series gets a new book, I reread the entire series!

I have read books by Guy Gavriel Kay before but have not read the Fionavar Tapestry, I will have to check it out! I also enjoy Jacqueline Carey's books alot, I have them all! I own the Game of Thrones series but its extremely violent, not necessarily one of my favourites.

My absolute fave fantasy books of all time are Robin Hobb's trilogies (except for one more recent trilogy, Soldier Son, which was set in a different world and was very disappointing).

Outside of fantasy (though not that far from it), some books I absolutely adore are the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel.

User Tag List