No Stressing in November! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 02:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh thank goodness....  a conversation to take my mind off my digestive issues!!!  thumb.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sourire View Post
I also love rereading books... every time one of my favourite fantasy series gets a new book, I reread the entire series!

I have read books by Guy Gavriel Kay before but have not read the Fionavar Tapestry, I will have to check it out! I also enjoy Jacqueline Carey's books alot, I have them all! I own the Game of Thrones series but its extremely violent, not necessarily one of my favourites.

My absolute fave fantasy books of all time are Robin Hobb's trilogies (except for one more recent trilogy, Soldier Son, which was set in a different world and was very disappointing).

Outside of fantasy (though not that far from it), some books I absolutely adore are the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel.

I LOVE Robin Hobb's trilogies!!  I've been telling my DS about the Liveships and he's dying to read it.....  but I'm thinking some of the themes in there might be a bit adult for him at the moment (He's read the first 2 Harry Potter books, but I won't let him read the next one yet because of the Deatheaters...  not quite sure his overactive imagination would let him sleep for a while...).  I think I preferred the Assassin's Apprentice trilogy - but loved how it linked with the Liveship Traders.

I also adore Jean Auel!!  luxlove.gif

I am/was also completely enraptured with The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan...  but as much as I loved it at the beginning, I think it's dragged on a bit too long.  However, I made a committment to it, and I can't NOT finish it now!  :lol  Just started book 13.

Other favourites are Terry Brooks' Shannara series (I feel in love with it years ago, and my mum keeps sending me books when they're published...  )

Off Fantasy - I love Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series; and I've just got into Kathy Reichs' Bones series (like the TV show Bones).

There are SOOOOOOO many more!!!!  I've always been a bookworm.....  but don't get much of a chance to indulge these days.

Okay...  back to my queer almost-nausea.  upsidedown.gif

#92 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 03:12 PM

DH has been telling me to read the Robin Hobb books since I first met him! I guess I should do that now, huh? I know we have the first ones around here somewhere, he bought them recently as a method of "nudging" me to read them :D

musicoholic: I'm a Robert Jordan fan too. I lost interest somewhere around the 7th book, forced myself through books 8 and 9, and said SCREW IT! I've been waiting for it to finish so I can sit down and read them all start to finish. I think I own up to book 11, so I need to buy 12 and 13 and then sit down and plug through them.

I read the Shannara series when I was in the hospital with appendicitis. That would have been.... oh, January 1997. So I read everything that was out at that time but haven't read any since. I should find my copies and go back and re-read them. I remember enjoying them a lot.

I love the Harry Potter books, and I have to admit (no one throw anything!) that I really enjoyed the Twiilght series as well :) In my defense, I got into them before Twilight-mania took over. I'm a big anything-vampire fan (it's all Joss Whedon's fault) and I thought it was a neat, different take on vampires. Unfortunately, watching the movies makes me feel like an old cougar!

Soirire:

Game of Thrones - yes, it is definitely very violent. I think the reason I stuck with it was because it was the first author I had read in a long time that wasn't afraid to kill off his main characters. It was a bit of a thrill to know that the characters I grew attached to COULD be killed, unlike so many authors who won't kill any of te key storyline characters (except the tragic character who was really fated to die from the beginning). The down side is, this author seems to have gotten stuck on the notion and by book 4 had killed off almost every main character from the beginning of the story. Woops :)

And Sourire, I have to giggle here, please don't take offense! Game of Thrones is violent but the Kushiel series is okay ROTFLMAO.gifI'm thinking of the scene at the end of the first book, on the battle field... :D

Anyway, off to go find the first Robin Hobb book :) musicoholic, hope you feel better soon! And that your nausea is a symptom of a BFP :)

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#93 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

*raises hand* Another female fantasy reader here! I force myself to read other genres because I feel like I've read everything good in the fantasy section, but I inevitably just end up trying new/different authers or re reading the same books over and over again. Thankfully I'm one of those people who can read the same book repeatedly and enjoy it just as much each time - and often pick up something new from it with every read.

So that leads to a new question for the thread - what are your favorite books?

Probably the book I enjoy most every time I read it is the Fionovar Tapestry by Guy Gavriel Kay (ok I cheated, it's a trilogy). Honorable mentions go to The Deed of Paksennarion by Elizabeth Moon (another trilogy), most of the books by Raymond Feist, the Wraeththu series by Storm Constantine, the Kushiel trilogies by Jacqueline Carey, and the Game of Throne series by George RR Martin - though I feel that one has started to drag a bit. I also recently read The Host by Stephanie Meyer (author of the Twilight stuff) which I was surprised to really, really enjoy.

I'd love to hear you ladies' favorites, of any genre! I'm always looking for new books to read!

I also love rereading books... every time one of my favourite fantasy series gets a new book, I reread the entire series!

I have read books by Guy Gavriel Kay before but have not read the Fionavar Tapestry, I will have to check it out! I also enjoy Jacqueline Carey's books alot, I have them all! I own the Game of Thrones series but its extremely violent, not necessarily one of my favourites.

My absolute fave fantasy books of all time are Robin Hobb's trilogies (except for one more recent trilogy, Soldier Son, which was set in a different world and was very disappointing).

Outside of fantasy (though not that far from it), some books I absolutely adore are the Earth's Children series by Jean Auel.

I love Jacqueline Carey! I haven't read her books past the third one yet though, but I found the latest one that came out in June/July at Goodwill so I'm determined to catch up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

Oh thank goodness....  a conversation to take my mind off my digestive issues!!!  thumb.gif

Quote:

I LOVE Robin Hobb's trilogies!!  I've been telling my DS about the Liveships and he's dying to read it.....  but I'm thinking some of the themes in there might be a bit adult for him at the moment (He's read the first 2 Harry Potter books, but I won't let him read the next one yet because of the Deatheaters...  not quite sure his overactive imagination would let him sleep for a while...).  I think I preferred the Assassin's Apprentice trilogy - but loved how it linked with the Liveship Traders.

I also adore Jean Auel!!  luxlove.gif

I am/was also completely enraptured with The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan...  but as much as I loved it at the beginning, I think it's dragged on a bit too long.  However, I made a committment to it, and I can't NOT finish it now!  :lol  Just started book 13.

Other favourites are Terry Brooks' Shannara series (I feel in love with it years ago, and my mum keeps sending me books when they're published...  )

Off Fantasy - I love Jeffrey Deaver's Lincoln Rhyme series; and I've just got into Kathy Reichs' Bones series (like the TV show Bones).

There are SOOOOOOO many more!!!!  I've always been a bookworm.....  but don't get much of a chance to indulge these days.

Okay...  back to my queer almost-nausea.  upsidedown.gif

LOVE the Robert Jordan series! I started to read it when I was in high school and it KILLS me how long he waited between books! I think only through book 4 or 5 was released when I found him as an author. Again, haven't read but up till book 10, so I have to re-read the whole series again. I re-read all the series whenever a new book comes out again too. Our Wheel of Time series had fallen apart so much b/c both me and dh read it, that we had to buy them all in hardback and now those are starting to fall apart so I'm slowly buying the ebooks!

AFM - I like a whole bunch of different fantasy/sci fi books. A few of the authors I like are Laurell K Hamilton (tons of s*x in that series though), Nalini Singh's Archangel series (runs on the theory that vampires were created by angels), Patricia Briggs (werewolves and vampires, she was a local author to me so it made it all that much more interesting!), JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood...umm...Vicki Petersson...there are a ton more. I have over 150 titles on my Nook blush.gif

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#94 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 04:00 PM

Oooh, yep, I'm a Laurel K Hamilton fan too. Though with the Anita Blake series, I feel it really fell apart once she actually had s*x :D After that, I think she forgot how to write a plot and just relied a bit on that too much. In the Meredith Gentry series, at least she was up front about what it was about from the start! LOL

Patricia Briggs - I know that name, I suspect I might have something by her on my shelf that I haven't read. I'll have to take a look :)

Another series I completely forgot to mention - the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Wonderful, wonderful series, it's a sort-of-historical romance. What I particularly like about it (and she talks about this in an interview) is that in the later books, she actually deals with a mature, long term relationship - so many romantic books deal only with the time when love is new and fresh and exciting, and leave out how it grows ans changes when a couple has been married for decades.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

#95 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 04:30 PM

@MoOnFiReGlOw:  I know!!!  2 or 3 years between books???  WTH!!!!  lol

I'll have to look up some Laurel K Hamilton... haven't read any!

I've heard of the Outlander series, but haven't yet read it - must do that too!!  Can somebody buy me a few more hours in my days please?  lol

Oh - and I love Piers Anthony!!!!  (love his humour in the Xanth series...  although I need to buy the whole series - because I don't know where mum left hers when she moved to the USA!  lol)

@LivingSky:  thanks, I'm sure I will  :)  As for the bfp...  well...  who knows!  :)

<3

#96 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 05:19 PM

Weekend Check-In

Name: Erin/BeantownBaby9

Date:11.13

Where are you in your cycle: approx 4-5 DPO, CD18 - part of my cool zen thing is not exactly knowing

Symptoms if they apply: Really carsick on the bus but I don't know if thats from reading my blackberry and not equating it to READING WHILE MOVING or not. 

When are you thinking of testing:  Tuesday of Thanksgving week, right before Grandma gets here

Thoughts:  cmon baby!

Appointments:  may go to acu this week if I can sneak it in.  Had a breast ultrasound on Tues to check a lump but its nothing but irritated tissue from my poor pathetic AAs not holding any bras in place.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  Fertility visualizations, journaling, yoga, positive thoughts, sleeping with my snoodle again, rubbing the belly like someone's in there.  I do 2000IU of Vit D3, CLO, 7.5mg methylfolate, Thorne's Basic B, and Natural Calm Mag.  Up in the air about calcium supping

Do you have any stress triggers:  DH doing really stupid stuff, like get lost in a city he's lived in for 30+ years. 

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Crazy busy schedule and distractions.  3 concerts in 6 days, trip to NYC, planning Turkey Day hosting and my menu.  Also knowing I have 10 days off after next Friday is pretty nice. PS, to tax lady and the actuary, I just passed my six sigma black belt test this week, yay for that stress being gone! 

Partners feelings if applicable:  Dum Dum hodey ho dum dum....he's not big on 2WW baby talk, not until babe's a reality does he perk up

Plans for this weekend:  Weekend's 1/2 over but I've been to NYC and back and it was a blast seeing my college roomie and hallmates and meet an FF Friend in person for the first time.  Tomorow, chilli on the stove, football on the tv, and a family nap are all in order.  Oh and taking my neighbor's holiday pics for her.

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

#97 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 06:23 PM

Quote:

Oooh, yep, I'm a Laurel K Hamilton fan too. Though with the Anita Blake series, I feel it really fell apart once she actually had s*x :D After that, I think she forgot how to write a plot and just relied a bit on that too much. In the Meredith Gentry series, at least she was up front about what it was about from the start! LOL

Patricia Briggs - I know that name, I suspect I might have something by her on my shelf that I haven't read. I'll have to take a look :)

Another series I completely forgot to mention - the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. Wonderful, wonderful series, it's a sort-of-historical romance. What I particularly like about it (and she talks about this in an interview) is that in the later books, she actually deals with a mature, long term relationship - so many romantic books deal only with the time when love is new and fresh and exciting, and leave out how it grows ans changes when a couple has been married for decades.

Oh I totally agree on the LKH books. I was pretty disappointed in how it became less about the cases and more about her alternative lifestyle. I really enjoyed the plot lines! I think its been like 5 books since she's even raised a zombie...lol!

Eeeek! How did I forget Diana Gabaldon?? If you ladies want to read her, Barnes and Noble is giving away her first book in the series in ebook format...here is the link: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Outlander/Diana-Gabaldon/e/9780440335160/?cds2Pid=29905 you don't have to have a Nook to read it, it will work on any computer or phone with their ereader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

@MoOnFiReGlOw:  I know!!!  2 or 3 years between books???  WTH!!!!  lol

I'll have to look up some Laurel K Hamilton... haven't read any!

I've heard of the Outlander series, but haven't yet read it - must do that too!!  Can somebody buy me a few more hours in my days please?  lol

Oh - and I love Piers Anthony!!!!  (love his humour in the Xanth series...  although I need to buy the whole series - because I don't know where mum left hers when she moved to the USA!  lol)

@LivingSky:  thanks, I'm sure I will  :)  As for the bfp...  well...  who knows!  :)

<3

I know! I'm so sad he died though...I keep on wondering if the books will end up how he wanted them or if Brian Sanderson is going to take it to a different place...

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

#98 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 06:54 PM

Name: tjlucca

Date:11.13

Where are you in your cycle: day 12

Symptoms if they apply: None yet...

When are you thinking of testing:  I will let myself go 40 days from Menses, if I hit 40, I'm BFP!

Thoughts: Excited, trying not to worry 

Appointments: none

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  Started drinking Pregnancy Tea with Raspberry leaf. Anyone familiar?? I'm reading mixed reviews on it...

Do you have any stress triggers: DP has had a rough couple of days, always stressful for me. 

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Exercise and tea. I love tea. 

Partners feelings if applicable:  He hasn't said much this week. 

Plans for this weekend:  Crafts and cooking with DD (and the gym).

namaste.gif WAHSM to Ani (7) and Juddah (18mo.)

homebirth.jpggoorganic.jpgintactivist.gifwave.giflactivist.gif

#99 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 07:32 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

BeantownBaby9 - congrats on passing the six sigma test! That is awesome!

Re - books

Funny you guys should bring up Outlander, that is what I am reading at this very moment! On the 3rd book so far... 2nd one was a bit boring but 3rd one is way more interesting!

I'm also totally into Wheel of Time... that was my first fantasy series ever (aside from Tolkien and Narnia which my dad used to read me when I was a kid)... I started reading the books in highschool and was re-reading every time a new book came out... but in the past few years I have been waiting until there were at least 2 new books to re-read everything... now I think I'm up to about book 9 or something and I'm just waiting for the series to be finished before I start re-reading (just ordered Gathering Storm on Amazon today for my collection).

Another series I enjoy is Sword of Truth by Terry Goodkind. And of course I'm into Harry Potter & Twilight as well (I read Twilight books 2 and 3 in a single weekend because I could.not.stop haha)

LivingSky - regarding Game of Thrones vs Kushiel... yeah you're right, I'm not very consistent in my opinions haha... the violence in Kushiel is different though... I guess it doesn't seem as bad when the person enjoys the violence being done to them? hehe... or maybe I'm just still traumatized by what happened to Arya, she was my favourite character and it really really upset me when... well I don't want to spoil it for anyone else but I am sure you know what I am referring to!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#100 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 09:36 PM

Hi everyone!  I'm Veronika and I'm joining you after a very wonky cycle.  I had my first PP cycle in September and expected to have my second in October.  Instead of starting A/F, I spotted for 3 weeks and only had bloody flow on the 11th.  I haven't had really heavy flow until today, so who knows what's going on?  From 11 Nov until yesterday was enough flow to know A/F arrived, but it's all of a sudden much heavier today.  I'm not sure if my body is completely back to cycling, because of the weirdness.  Dh and I have decided to start ttc in January, after our baby girl turns 1, but we won't be preventing in the mean time.  I still breastfeed and won't be charting on anything else, just relaxed bd when we feel like it. 

Name: Veronika

Date:14 November

Where are you in your cycle: CD3 or 4

Symptoms if they apply: None

When are you thinking of testing:  If I'm officially late starting my next cycle

Thoughts: Relaxed but confused about what's going on with my body

Appointments: none

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  none

Do you have any stress triggers: none

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Just keeping it calm

Partners feelings if applicable:  He seems ok, but ambivalent at times

Plans for this weekend:  Just taking it easy

#101 of 231 Old 11-13-2010, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Veronika,  wave.gif  welcome!  I added you to our list, just make sure the info looks right.  My first cycles PP were crazy, too.  My first one was at 15 months PP, and then the next 4 cycles were 35-55 days long, with maybe 2 ovulations, and LP of 8-9 days.  I think it was a good 6 months before they were regular, and 8 or 9 months before my LP went longer than 11 days.  It just takes time, hang in there smile.gif

Sourire, my BIL is an actuary.  Holy cow, when he was studying for an exam?  It was all he could talk about/do for months.  I was so happy when he got his cards (is that the right word?)  IDK, but he's all done with exams, and I'm almost as happy as he is, ROTFLMAO.gif

Living sky, good luck tomorrow!  We need someone to graduate already!!  fingersx.gif

Musicoholic, that nausea sounds very promising!

Beantown, I'm so glad your breast US was negative. hug2.gif How scarey.

tjlucca, I've been meaning to start drinking RRL tea.  I know there's a school of thought out there that it increases risk of m/c, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of real support for that theory other than the "common sense" that if it strengthens contractions in late pregnancy then it must contribute to m/c, kwim?  I more subscribe to the theory that it's good for the ute in all its states, and if I'm going to m/c, it won't cause it, but might even make it smoother.  (Not that I have any real scientific support for my take on it either, lol, just my 2 cents :))

AFM, 8 dpo and trying not to think about the fact that I feel like I have a baseball in my pelvis whistling.gif

I LOVE fantasy books, too, but I'm no where near as well read as you ladies, :lol !  I think I'll have to grab a couple of these books from the library to help distract from the very loooonnngg 1WW!

(Can y'all tell I'm excited the smilies are working?!  Hahaha!)

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#102 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

Musicoholic, that nausea sounds very promising!

meh...  it's too early.  I don't care what FF says!!!  lol.gif  The drooling on the other hand....yikes.gif

#103 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 03:16 AM

Well, my temp spiked up today. I tested and the results are... inconclusive. At first I thought it was a negative, and then I tought I could see a faint pink line, so I made DH look at it. He's never looked at one before and he said he can see the pink line without me telling him where to look :) I'm using dollar store cheapies and I don't have a FRER in the house so I've decided to wait and see what happens tomorrow. Unless I cave and buy a FRER in town today :)

#104 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

Veronika,  wave.gif  welcome!  I added you to our list, just make sure the info looks right.  My first cycles PP were crazy, too.  My first one was at 15 months PP, and then the next 4 cycles were 35-55 days long, with maybe 2 ovulations, and LP of 8-9 days.  I think it was a good 6 months before they were regular, and 8 or 9 months before my LP went longer than 11 days.  It just takes time, hang in there smile.gif

Thanks for adding me!  You can change it to ttc #5 please.  :D

#105 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 08:48 AM

Hi Veronika01 Welcome.gif

Beantown - Congrats on passing the 6 Sigma!  Awesome!  And thank God your u/s results were negative - same thing happened to my mom.. S C A R Y! Take care of those boobies (that's for everyone!)

For Beantown and Copper - GO PATS!  Yes, I have clued in and know there is a game today AND my DH will also be sporting his red, white and blue!  Good vibes from the left coast!! 

LIVINGSKY - I've already said this in another thread - but it doesn't hurt to keep posting it.  fingersx.gif  That goes for you too, Musicoholic!  Sorry you don't feel well, but I really hope it's the "beautiful" type of not feeling well.  

Reading.. hmmm.. you don't want to know what the last book I read was (it was non-fiction).. and until the elections, I was reading the information on the California propositions up for a vote.  I am the "Taxlady".  I mentioned that to someone at DH's school and her reply was - "with bedroom reading material like that - no wonder you guys don't have any kids!"  duh.gif

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#106 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 11:15 AM

Ok, Im not stressing orngtongue.gif

But I am "freaking out" a little.

AF didn't show yesterday, or today. I haven't been a minute or second late since DD was born.

In an hour or two I am going to the drug store. I don't know why but I'm like actually nervous about getting and taking a test. Like I'm afraid it will somehow be a BFN or the rammifications of it being a BFP. Its crazy either way.

DH is a crazy gemini and though his awesome attitude has made the 2ww great, he seriously dropped the ball today. Hes like...." can you just wait a few hours before you test? I have so much going on right now...and footballs on...before my life changes forever again I'd prefer to just have a few hours to myself to unwind".

Haha. not.

I almost threw him off the balcony! Just kidding, I actually understand where hes coming from....I'm nervous too....but thats just not what you say to a crazy emotional person about to take a pregnancy test!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll let you know soon....wish me luck! 

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
#107 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

Sure thing, Veronika!  And, I guess you know all about PP cycles by now, tee hee!

Livingsky, I am so excited for you!!  Now, go buy a FRER, girl!

Karma,  YAY no AF!!  I can see where your DH is coming from, but maybe a little more sensitivity was in order.  That being said, I can't wait to see your BFP post!

2 possible bfp's today?  AWESOME!!!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#108 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 11:45 AM

Can I join? We've been trying for number 1 since January/2010.

I'd like to join because I don't know too many people dealing with trouble trying to conceive, most people I know aren't trying or blunder into it (lots of "mistakes" in my family). I'm getting bitter and need to not get bitter. I'm severe type 2 bipolar, with constant severe manic phases and a high occurence of mixed episodes, and my doctor took me off meds a couple months ago so I could start TTC with the drugs out of my system. I'm also at 9 weeks and 3 days of quitting cigarettes. As a result, I've been avoiding interaction with people. I'm not supposed to do that but it's so much easier than trying to explain why I seem like I'm on crack all the time, and hoping people will have the patience needed to deal with me. My doctor has faith in me that I can do this, more faith than she usually has in her patients who want to get pregnant, and she's watching me like a hawk, but I'm still scared of interacting with people while being off Lithium, even friends and especially family. Husband is the most patient man on Earth, and he's been the one thing that really keeps me going. 

I took my first round of clomid these past couple weeks, day 21 was the 11th.

Anyway lol sorry if this is all tmi, I'm just all messed up this morning (hooray mixed episodes). 

Weekend Check-In
Name: Lofn
Date: Nov 14 2010
Where are you in your cycle: Three days after day 21 taking Clomid and Provera
Symptoms if they apply: Out of nowhere this morning I started getting really bad cramps and light headedness. Had heartburn a lot lately.
When are you thinking of testing: Not sure, when would be a good time?
Thoughts: racing, as usual. Today, my obsessing has been about my husband's fertility (we decided the other day he should probably try to see a urologist, just to be sure). I'm freaking out because I'm cramping and light headed all of a sudden, trying not to become convinced that it means that I'm pregnant, trying to not become convinced that it means miscarriage (my mind likes to jump to the best and worst possible conclusions at the same time. I'm always either dying of a man eating virus, or about to win the lottery). I'm in a mixed episode this morning, trying to stay calm.
Appointments:Nov 18th with PCP to discuss blood pressure, nuc med on the 24th to make sure I don't have stomach problems that I should get fixed before pregnancy, and Dec 6 with my psych. Expecting results from the ovulation test on day 21....at some point.... need to call preg counselor and ask her what exactly I'm supposed to do next.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Just finished clomid attempt one. Trying to get in the habit of taking prenatals.
Do you have any stress triggers: ...LOL WHAT ISN'T A STRESS TRIGGER???  Everything has been stressing me out!
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Hopefully getting to talk about this stuff with other girls on here. Scott tries, but he's a boy and just isn't going to get it. Game night tonight, hoping this will be fun and helpful.
Partners feelings if applicable: Concerned about me, but he seems to be doing ok.
Plans for this weekend: Star Wars RPG gaming. Sounds silly, but it's been so good at distracting me from this stuff. Good excuse to see friends and my brother regularly.

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

#109 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 12:51 PM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Courtney

Date: 11/14/10

Where are you in your cycle: CD 16. I think today was O day. Or it might have been yesterday.

Symptoms if they apply: None. Feeling good, having lots of fertile CM.

When are you thinking of testing: Only if AF is late!

Thoughts: Hoping this is it!

Appointments: None. Wondering if I should schedule my yearly exam and get my thyroid tested again to make sure the Synthroid is working.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: None.

Do you have any stress triggers: The holidays. And my 2 year old has been whiny, clingy, crying and refusing to sleep for the past week. I hope this doesn't continue!

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Just trying not to think about it.

Partners feelings if applicable: He's excited and happy.

Plans for this weekend:Not much. Hung around the house and starting 3 new knitting projects before finishing the 4 already on the needles. Ooops....

Good luck to all the mamas in the 2ww! I am stalking you!

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
#110 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome.gif objet_trouve... I am sure you will find lots of wonderful support on here!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#111 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 02:26 PM

Well I know that I said I wasn't going to do anything this month but after spending all this time really getting to know my body I can't seem to shut it off so because I was already guessing that I was ovulating I decided to use up the last of my ovulation strips...haha. Mostly because I don't trust my own mind even though I know I have educated myself and I listen to my body it just seems that my body is betraying me somehow. I guess the good thing is that I know that I ovulate regularly.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#112 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 03:50 PM

AF found me....right as I had got home from the store to POAS.

*sigh*

It wasn't my month, but we'll see what December brings.

At least I have a few tests to use!!!! smile.gif

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
#113 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 04:19 PM

objet_trouve: You are one brave lady! I am in awe and admire the courage it takes to come off of Lithium (and quit smoking!) to TTC. DH suffers from severe depression that we're still trying to successfully manage with drugs, and two of my best friends are bipolar, so while I haven't personally experienced what you are going through, I have witnessed and supported through a lot of episodes.

Is your doctor holistic/alternative medicine friendly? I know there are some holistic methods that can help with bipolar, and MotheringDotCom is definitely a place to investigate those! Poke around in some of the Health boards, you may be surprised by what you find. Acupuncture and reflexology may also help. I'm not implying that any of these will necessarily be as effective as Lithium, but if they can help even a little, it may be worth a shot.

karmamamaa: THAT SUCKS. :af AF just isn't fair ever really, but that is a particularly low blow.

AFM: I got a 2 pack of digital CBEs. They are calling my name from the bathroom, but I refuse :) I'll test Tuesday morning. Unless I cave tomorrow. I mean - NO! I'm testing Tuesday :) I should start to spot tomorrow if I'm going to.

Is heartburn considered a pregnancy sign? I haven't had heartburn or acid reflux in forever, and today it was driving me nuts.

#114 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 07:24 PM

Welcome to our newbies! I hope that your stay is short :)

Quote:

Is heartburn considered a pregnancy sign? I haven't had heartburn or acid reflux in forever, and today it was driving me nuts.

It was for me. Heartburn and as icky as it sounds, a yeast infection. I hope that your heartburn is pregnancy related! I can't wait till you test!

#115 of 231 Old 11-14-2010, 07:32 PM

Weekend Check-In

Name: MoOnFiReGlOw

Date: 11/14/10

Where are you in your cycle: CD 18, possibly 1DPO

Symptoms if they apply: Nothing, just a bit sore blush.gif

When are you thinking of testing: Well if I did O yesterday, then I'll test on Thanksgiving :)

Thoughts: Just a bit worried right now b/c dh just got admitted to the hospital for the next week, so if I didn't O, I better in the next few days to have any sort of chance this month!

Appointments: N/A

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nope.

Do you have any stress triggers: My hubby being sick. Hopefully they can get it under control here during this hospital visit. I know its taking a HUGE toll on him.

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Knitting and knowing that I'll have a week off of school here soon.

Partners feelings if applicable: He's just in so much pain right now ttc isn't even a thought process, though he did make sure we dtd once right before he left so I could have a chance this month :)

Plans for this weekend: Nothing.

#116 of 231 Old 11-15-2010, 03:37 AM

MoOnFiReGlOw: I hope your DH is okay and comes through his hospital stay feeling much better. I am always stressed out when my DH is in the hospital, even when I know it'll be fine. And, fingersx.gif that you O'ed already!

#117 of 231 Old 11-15-2010, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

Hello, objet_trouve!  I added your info, just double check that it looks right orngbiggrin.gif  Hope your stay is short, and congrats on quitting smoking!

Karmamamaa, man, I am so sorry about AF.  So glad you didn't waste a test and stare at a bfn.  AF sucks. hug.gif

Moon, good luck this week with DH in the hospital, and nice job getting some BD in before he left!  What a good DH!

Livingsky, YES heartburn can be a pg symptom!  How'd you do holding out this morning?  Do we have to wait for tomorrow?  fingersx.gif

#118 of 231 Old 11-15-2010, 05:53 AM

Yep, tomorrow it is :) I had to get up at 2am to pee and so when I actually got up at 5am, I told myself that my FMU was already gone so no point in testing. :D Now I just need to make it through today without spotting! Wish me luck!

#119 of 231 Old 11-15-2010, 06:26 AM

Copper Kettle: Thank you, and yes the info is right.

Living Sky: My psychiatrist encourages me looking up alternative/holistic stuff on my own, but she's skeptical and would never reccomend something, certainly not prescribe anything...she'd just shrug and say "go ahead and try if it makes you feel better". I'm usually on my own if it doesn't involve drugs or therapy. I haven't been taking any herbal stuff for fear of it doing something adverse if I were to get pregnant, that's usually my response to things I can't medicate for. I'm terrified of acupuncture (I have serious trouble with needles) and don't really know anything about reflexology, but we're on a pretty tight budget, especially with our move, and they both seem very expensive. I don't think I could afford it. When things slow down, I may try to see a reiki practitioner, that's about all I've really thought about as far as alternative. Alternative has helped in the past a little, but not enough to be a decent substitute (and it's much more expensive than the lithium). We'll see. I'm generally wary just because of the price.

Also, any idea why my smileys aren't working in my signature?

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

#120 of 231 Old 11-15-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by objet_trouve View Post

Also, any idea why my smileys aren't working in my signature?

They are having an issue with smileys in the siggy since they moved over to this new format. It should be fixed in the next week according to the Q and A section :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page