No Stressing in November! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2010, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

moonfireglow: ok cool, just making sure I wasn't doing something wrong.

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2010, 06:15 PM

Weekend Check-In: better late than never?!

Name: TickleToes

Date: November 15

Where are you in your cycle: CD 12

Symptoms if they apply: Waiting to O, having vaginal discomfort & erratic BBT after poss MC

When are you thinking of testing: no idea... still not at that point of even thinking about it

Thoughts: My body still isn't back to normal. I've been hearing from a lot of other ladies who have gone through the same thing though (with the exception of their MCs being confirmed), that has helped in some ways... in others, not so much. I feel better knowing that what my body has been feeling and my symptoms are consistent with what I've thought is going on... confirming that I know my body. But I still have random bouts of sadness. Overall, I'm okay and feeling better. At this point, I just want to see some stable BBTs and to have sex that isn't painful or uncomfortable.

Appointments: None at the moment...

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Drinking more water... or trying to. A little better about my folic acid. Intending to exercise more - we'll see how motivated I am rolleyes.gif

Do you have any stress triggers: I'm avoiding... last week was a super busy week, this week feels like cake. nod.gif

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I think I still have chocolate around... And a trip to NY next week will be nice and distracting... assuming that I O on time, that will keep me busy for the first week of the 2ww.

Partners feelings if applicable: He's trying to be supportive, and succeeding so well that I can't tell how he's truly feeling about things. He's eager to BD though! love.gif

Plans for this weekend: Well, I'm late for the weekend... so I'll tell you what I did. I spent a day unwinding from hell week. It was lovely. Yesterday I had the energy to get stuff done... so I tacked the horror that I call my office! I'm a piler and a packrat. Its almost in order now... I just need to tackle the boxes I shoved into the living room so that I could move around in here first... my office is tiny. It feels good.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

Old 11-15-2010, 08:15 PM

My body is still acting very weird.  I'm supposed to be on CD6, which means any mentrual flow is supposed to be down to brown spotting.  That is "normal" for me, but for some reason I'm still having bursts of bright red flow.  I just can't figure out what is going on this month.

Old 11-16-2010, 04:59 AM

I got up the nerve to test this morning. It helped that my temp jumped up .2 degrees.

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.cfm?testID=9031

http://canyouseealine.com/view_home_pregnancy_test.cfm?testID=9032 

I'm freaking out. I guess not stressing this cycle did help - but I'm sure stressing NOW!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Livingsky!  Woohoooo!  Why are you stressing?  You are pregnant!!!  CONGRATS!!!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Living Sky, I SEE A LINE! Thats awesome, congrats!!!!!

objet_trouve, What about a nutritional dose of OTC lithium? 

Tinkletoes, my first cycle after my MC was wonky, it kind of helped that they told me not to try, so I wasn't second guessing everything about that cycle.

AFM, I am having a very very wet watering mouth.  I have had a few little things of nausea which is abnormal for me, I dunno, I promised myself I wouldn't freak out, and I promised myself to not make any predictions, but the watery mouth thing I can't ignore.  I am 6-8DPO, don't really know. 

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 PM

copper.kettle: I'm stressing because I'm pregnant! I've never been pregnant before :) It's a bit overwhelming!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Old 11-16-2010, 01:02 PM

makebabe.gifbroc1.gifjoy.gifbanana.gif

Yay Living Sky!!! Congratulations!!!! I hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, and send some of that baby dust this way, ok?

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:08 PM

OH YES! dust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gifdust.gif FOR ALL!

Old 11-16-2010, 10:06 PM

Congrats Livingsky!!!smile.gif

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
Old 11-16-2010, 10:26 PM

@livingsky: Congrats!

@beantownbaby9: I've been told OTC isn't recommended for pregnancy, that there aren't enough studies about it. I'm nervous about taking anything, since I've already had two miscarriages in the past, so I'm a bit paranoid about taking anything other than prenatals. I stopped all meds, no cigs, no caffeine, no shrimp...and to the best of my knowledge, I'm not pregnant yet. I'm THAT paranoid. I'm hoping I was just freaking out the past couple days from stress (apartment hunting, trying to have a kid, holiday travel coming up very soon, husband is having tests right now in school, etc) and that I'll go back to doing as well as I was before that, since I am more stable today. I spent the day working on knitting my first sweater and making recipe plans, really helped to just sit down and fuss over something I actually enjoy. I'm going to keep looking into things I can do if it gets bad again, but for the moment, I'm feeling a lot better. Will keep looking into OTC, but so far I'm not too comfortable with it yet.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:14 AM

Hey I'd like to join in!!!

This is my 2nd, DH's first child if/when we get pregnant. 

Weekend Check-In
Name: Marie
Date: 11/16/10
Where are you in your cycle: Around O time
Symptoms if they apply: n/a
When are you thinking of testing: no clue!
Thoughts: This is our 7th cycle of TTC. First three nothing happened, next 3 were chemical pregnancies. We decided to try to stop stressing so bad and back off of the obsessing. 
Do you have any stress triggers: college drives me crazy and its not helping with things. 
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I'm not stressing over school. I stopped temping, haven't done opk's, only checked cm and cp last night cause I know its close to O time for me. 
Partners feelings if applicable: DH and I both really want another child. He thinks we need to stop stressing though cause he can't stand how emotional I get. 

M- Wife to E

Mom to K & K

Pregnant with A

Old 11-17-2010, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

I'd like to join in, I know it is the middle of the month, but I need some help de-stressing.

cbaa2010 (25) TTC # 1

Weekend Check-In- Mid month check in, since it is the 17th now and mid week :)
Name: Cait
Date: Nov 17th
Where are you in your cycle: CD 2
Symptoms if they apply: crampy, moody, depressed
When are you thinking of testing: not until I miss a period
Thoughts: After having steady cycles for the past 6 months, and finally thinking maybe I was pregnant this month, I got my period 3 days early... 3 days! I'm annoyed, and losing hope.
Appointments: Next Wednesday I go back to Acupuncture, I talked to my acupuncturist on the phone for a while today and that helped.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Vitex, B6,12 & Folate, Royal Jelly, and Raspberry Leaf tea, Prenatal vitamin
Do you have any stress triggers: My period... other than that I keep a pretty low stress level, and DH when he isn't supportive.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Hot tea every morning, running, and yard work
Partners feelings if applicable: He could go either way, he isn't stressed to have a baby right now,  so when it doesn't happen he just considers figures it wasn't meant to be, not realizing what a struggle it is to have a body that only gives you a chance once a month and how it feels to wait for that chance.
Plans for this weekend: Visiting Santa with my brand new niece, god-daughter, and some friends, then some Holiday parties.

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis
recurrent miscarriages IVF 2/13@10w , FET 6/13@7w, IVF 10/13@4w, FET 2/14 @4w
Failed IVF 5/14, IVF OHSS Freeze all with PGD 8/14- 6 PGD normal embryos
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

Cautiously expecting TWINS after FET of 2 PGD normal 5 day blastocysts 9/13/14
***4***8**12***16***20***24***28***32***36* **40
Old 11-17-2010, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome.gif ciles and cbaa!!  Hope your stays are short and sweet!  Info is added, just double check that it looks right.

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 PM

Thanks Copper! I hope our stay is short as well.. 

M- Wife to E

Mom to K & K

Pregnant with A

Old 11-18-2010, 06:12 AM

Welcome cbaa2010 and ciles!  I hope your stay here is short! 

ciles - My "emotionality" (is that a real word?) gets to DH, too... like the fact that I cried for two days this month when I started spotting and realized I was out for this cycle... but it's hard to "stop stressing."  But that's why we have this "no stressing" support group! 

cbaa2010 - hug2.gif  I know how you feel!  The beginning of each new cycle is very tough.  Hopefully your acupuncture appointment will help you feel more balanced and stress-free.  I did reflexology last month, and loved it - it was very relaxing! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 11-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Yeah- my husband also hasn't handle my emotions over our losses well. Don't get me wrong- he's VERY supportive but it makes him so sad and then I feel bad. 

M- Wife to E

Mom to K & K

Pregnant with A

Old 11-19-2010, 01:01 AM

hola.gif and Welcome.gif to all the newbies! smile.gif

Weekend Check-In
Name:  
Bee
Date:  Fri Nov19
Where are you in your cycle:  8dpo
Symptoms if they apply:  tired, weird shooting not-quite-pains going through my girls and my belly, tired, feeling like my belt is too tight (even though I can fit my arm in), tired, heartburn and heaps of burping, oh, and I'm a little tired...  sleeping.gif
When are you thinking of testing:  hopefully not until the 28th...  but DH is due home on the 24th, and I'd love to be able to wrap a pos.gif up and give it to him......   but I just don't know yet.  AF is due the 26th.

Thoughts:  none really related to TTC....  more about how angry/disappointed I am with the people I have to work with.  splat.gifbanghead.gif
Appointments:  none (except an "appraisal discussion" at work...)
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  "The Christmas Concert will be fine.  The Christmas Concert will be fine.  The Christmas Concert will be fine."  om.gif
Do you have any stress triggers:  The Christmas Concert will be fine....  run.gif
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:  
The Christmas Concert will be fine...  oh - you said "stress-free"?  Um...  let's see...  The Christmas Concert will be fine...  help.gif
Partners feelings if applicable:  don't know at the moment.  I know he'd love to see apos.gif - but we haven't really talked about it in the last week because it's been all phone conversations.  That's more of a snuggle conversation to me...

Plans for this weekend:  DS basketball, spring-cleaning the house, might put a movie on for DS while I have a nanna-nap if I'm still tired! caffix.gif

Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 AM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Lofn
Date: 11/19/2010
Where are you in your cycle:
ummm....need to start round 2 of Clomid...I'm really losing track of everything right now.

Symptoms if they apply: Still dizzy, nauseous, fatigued, no more cramping though. I was so sure I was pregnant the other day, then I was reminded that I spent last weekend with two sick people and that I probably just caught what they had.  :(
When are you thinking of testing: I tested twice this week, probably not for a while. At least I'm stocked on tests now.
Thoughts: Mostly grumbling foul language about the sick thing. Trying to distract myself with moving and my upcoming vacation to my hometown.
Appointments: My PCP talked to me about blood pressure yesterday, and she put me on a pregnancy friendly medication. Still have appt with nuclear medicine next week, Psych and PCP in Dec. Need to call pregnancy counselor and try to get my ovulation test results. It's been a week! Shouldn't I have heard back on that by now??? I mean, I need to know if I can take clomid again or if they need to up my dose.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: new blood pressure meds, haven't started yet.
Do you have any stress triggers: We NEED to move. I trip on everything, and the cat litter bothers me constantly. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day that we get our new place. Hoping our applications are accepted!!
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I got to go shopping with my girlfriend last night. I suck at clothes shopping, and she found me clothes that look so good!
Partners feelings if applicable: Poor thing is just worried about me all the time. He feels better since I'm doing better. Getting our new apartment will help so much. I'm going out of town soon without him, told my brother and our friend Nathan they need to come hang out with him as much as they can, maybe some guy time will help. We lost a few friends this year (over politics and drama), and it hit my husband the hardest, since they were closer with him than me. We need more friends for him. Besides helping him, I would love a little more me time.
Plans for this weekend: Getting my scooter street legal for Scott to drive while I'm in Texas, hopefully moving!!!!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:20 AM

Musicaholic- I'm sure your concert will be GREAT! 

objet_trouve - Good luck with trying to move!  I know how stressful that can be. 

Weekend Check-In
Name:  
Valerie
Date:  Fri Nov19
Where are you in your cycle:  Currently 14dpo, spotting for days, just waiting for AF to finally show up full-force (scheduled for tomorrow) so I can start my next cycle already

Symptoms if they apply:  Pre-AF symptoms... irritability, spotting, skin breakout, and more spotting... ugh

When are you thinking of testing:  Not until I actually miss a period.... hopefully next month?? 

Thoughts:  Well, I had a VERY difficult time this month accepting a diagnosis of "infertility" and realizing I need help to conceive... but I'm getting better about it now.  Mostly.  I haven't cried yet today, so that's an improvement! 

Appointments:  Got to get my fallopian tubes checked aorund CD9-11, that'll be my next appointment in a couple of weeks.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  I get to start Clomid next cycle!  I'm a little excited about that, and hope it does the trick. 

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:  I've sucked at being stress-free this cycle... hopefully next cycle will be better. 

Partners feelings if applicable:  I'm not sure that he's sold on all this "infertility help."  He's concerned that the Clomid is going to have bad effects on either me or a future baby, and he hates that there isn't a one-time cure, that it's an on-going month to month process.  He's also not a big fan of the SA recommendation.  So overall, pretty negative right now.  It's been a tough week for both of us! 

Plans for this weekend:  Movies tonight, cooking Saturday, and hosting my first Thanksgiving dinner (a little early) for the family on Sunday.... aaagh! 

Old 11-19-2010, 05:44 AM - Thread Starter

joy.gif     pos.gif    joy.gif

DH left for work early this morning; I had wanted to test before he left but I was still out cold.  So I tested, and then called him and put DS on the phone to say "I'm going to be a big brother!"  I couldn't wait for him to get home to tell him, haha!

Old 11-19-2010, 05:56 AM

Congratulations Copper!!!! :)

Weekend Check-In
Name: 
Jeri
Date:  11/19/2010
Where are you in your cycle:  CD 10 -- boring. 

Symptoms if they apply:  Crazy dreams... maybe the soy?

When are you thinking of testing: Depends on when I O... probably around December 7th-ish

Thoughts:  I'm curious to see what the soy is going to do to my cycle... so far, so good. My temps are low and steady so we shall see.  

Appointments:  None

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: 120mg Soy Isoflavones, 81mg Baby aspirin, 600mg extended release Mucinex.

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I'm not testing this month until I'm a.) late or b.) triphasic ... and am paying more attention to the Holidays as to not obsess on TTC. 

Partners feelings if applicable:  Cool and calm as usual... he was a great support last month when I was disappointed by a wonky positive test that was not actually positive... and actually admitted he was disappointed which for some reason, made me feel better because he DID actually care... he wants a baby but always seems so calm about everything when I'm freaking out so it was nice to see him showing some emotion about it all. 

Plans for this weekend:  Grocery shopping, A little Holiday shopping, Spending some time with all 4 kiddies and some home cooking. :) 

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 11-19-2010, 06:58 AM

COPPER!!!  HOORAY!!!  banana.gif

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
Old 11-19-2010, 07:06 AM

Weekend Check-In
Name: 
Erin/BeantownBaby9
Date:  11/19/2010
Where are you in your cycle:  8-9DPO. 

Symptoms if they apply:  watery mouth at 6 and 7 dpo, weird belly twinges, cracked lip this morning. 

When are you thinking of testing: Ha, I already did, BFN, someone smack m

Thoughts:  I had a moment of "Holy crap I am totally pregnant" a few days ago.  Now with BFNs even so early, and being a BITCH to DH the other day, I am starting to doubt myself.  Wow, its only cycle 1 and I can't keep my cool. Feel free to kick me out of the no obsessors!

Appointments:  None

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: 7.5mg methylfolate to compensate for MTHFR homozygous, clay for iron, natural calm, 1000IU vit D

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Redoing and decorating my office.  Mom Cave with a dash of concert/music addiction.  Will share pics next week. 

Partners feelings if applicable:  When I told him I felt pregnant, his response was "I know we'll be pregnant within a few months, but I'll be really happy when

Plans for this weekend:  CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN DECORATE DO NOT TEST CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN.......Grandma arrives Tuesday!

Erin photosmile2.gif  treehugger.gif, DH jammin.gif ,  Mumma to Chase 7/08 superhero.gif and babyf.gif Griff 3/13

MTHFR C677T Homozygous, M/C 2/07 @ 6wks, 12/10 @8wks, 10/11@7wks, 2/12 @4wks.... 

Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post

joy.gif     pos.gif    joy.gif

DH left for work early this morning; I had wanted to test before he left but I was still out cold.  So I tested, and then called him and put DS on the phone to say "I'm going to be a big brother!"  I couldn't wait for him to get home to tell him, haha!

OMG! Yay Copper!!! Ok, pregnancy is definitely in the air - I hope it's catching! 

Lovestruck luxlove.gif mama to Girlie #1 energy.gifand Girlie #2 on the way!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:09 AM

CONGRATS COPPER!!!! banana.gif

Old 11-19-2010, 08:47 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Congrats copper.kettle! The threadkeeper's luck really exists!

Weekend Check-In
Name: Heidi
Date: Friday Nov 19
Where are you in your cycle: CD19, 1 or 2 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Sore BBs
When are you thinking of testing: I don't test anymore, my LP is too short and it would just be a waste!
Thoughts: Had trouble getting in the BDing this cycle, I have a feeling its not going to happen but that doesn't bother me too much!
Appointments: Gynecologist on Dec 2
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: It doesn't matter how long it takes to get pregnant, it will happen eventually!
Do you have any stress triggers: Wanting to get pregnant right away
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: The spirit of my baby told me his bday will be in November, so I don't expect to get my BFP until Februray, and I'm ok with that!
Partners feelings if applicable: He is hoping I get pregnant soon.
Plans for this weekend: Some family is in town, I will probably hang out with them.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

Old 11-19-2010, 10:07 AM

Weekend Check-In

Name: MoOnFiReGlOw
Date:11.19.2010
Where are you in your cycle: CD 23, either 1 or 6 dpo

Symptoms if they apply:
Nada
When are you thinking of testing: Not till after Thanksgiving
Thoughts: Totally and completely confuzzled by my chart. I don't really see a definite O pattern, but I've gotten + opk's at a few different times in my cycle so I'm thinking delayed O or possibly something else...I dunno...
Appointments: Nope, but I probably should...
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nope!
Do you have any stress triggers: Waiting for O kills me! Way worse for me than the 2ww. Probably because dh has such a limited amount of time we can bd due to medical issues.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Knitting smile.gif
Partners feelings if applicable: He's neither here nor there about it. He is shocked its taking us so long since the first 3 were first month trying babies.
Plans for this weekend: Sleep

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 11-19-2010, 10:22 AM

Musicoholic - Good luck with the concert wink1.gif

objet_trouve
- It looks like you have an awesome support system! I hope you get to move here soon.

ValH - My dh is very anti medical help on the ttc front too. I was so angry when he wouldn't even consider getting an SA or meds when I have to go through so many invasive procedures to see what is wrong. I hope you can get things figured out here soon! hug.gif

copper.kettle - joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Attached2Elijah
- Guys can be so odd when it comes to ttc. I think its b/c they have only one part in the deal and the rest is up to us and our bodies! I hope the soy helps you out! It ended up making me O waaaay later than normal!

BeantownBaby9 - STAY AWAY FROME THE HTP's ROTFLMAO.gif

Sourire
- How long is your lp?

trekkie.gifStudent Mama to:  C reading.gif  (9yrs old), R blahblah.gif (5yrs old), F  hammer.gif (3yrs old) and TTC baby.gif #4 since April 2009

Old 11-19-2010, 10:37 AM

moonfireglow - Thanks, it's good to know that it's not just my DH that's being resistant!   I love your weekend plans - sleep is awesome! 

Cooper.Kettle - CONGRATS!!!  If there is threadkeepers luck, we need to discuss me taking this thread next month... haha! 

User Tag List