No Stressing in November! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No Stressors / No Obsessors - November 2010!

Welcome This is a place where we come together for strength and sharing wisdom on how to be more stress-free during our trying to conceive journeys. We may still test, just not ridiculously early, if we can help it. You'll find people encouraging you to hold off when you are feeling weak. Share tips and tricks, and words of wisdom on how to enjoy our time making a baby as much as we can!

Anyone is free to join!
Please BOLD new member info, changes in cycle, Big Fat Positives, adding charts etc, and if I miss it, direct message me.

Our Members!

* Attached2Elijah: TTC #3 for me, #5 for DH since 8/10
* annaconda: TTC #1
* babsbob: TTC after m/c
* BabyCakes: Carrie (29), TTC#2, cycle #6
* baylady02: TTC #1, I'm 20, DH is 27. 5th cycle TTC. Never been on BC.

* Black Orchid: me (31) DH (34) TTC#3 Cycle 5
* blackbird2
* bootsvalentine: TTC #1. I'm 31, dh is 34, TTC since 7/10

* cbaa2010: (25) TTC #1

* ciles: cycle 7 TTC #2 for me, #1 for DH
* CrimsonTideMom
* crunchyruchie
* *Dawn*: TTC#1
* EhveesMom: (31) and dh (32) TTC #2 Cycle #1
* EllyMayMomma
* frugalmum
* gringuitica: (27) TTC #1
* gummibears
* Hesperia: 23, & DH 30. TTC #1, Cycle #12
* iheartmyfamily: TTC #1
* janeyenaj: (29) and DH (32) TTC #1 Cycle #2.
* jtc77: 32 and DH 39 TTC #1
* Karmamamaa: TTC #2
* Kaydove: (26) and DH (40), TTC #1, 4th cycle TTC, 8th cycle off of the Mirena IUD
* Mommy*Wishes
* MoOnFiReGlOw: 27, dh 33. TTC 1 year, suspected MFI
* Mother Cake: TTC #1, cycle #1
* mrsberman: (26) ttc#2, DD 12 months
* MrsHin2002
* Musicoholic: (33) TTC #2 - finally brave enough to try for a sibling for our almost 6 y.o.
* naturechicplus1: TTC #2

* objet_trouve : TTC#1 since Jan 2010
* OJazzy1: (25), TTC#2, cycle 10
* Paigekitten: DH (24) and I (23) are kinda trying for a third.
* Rubygirl36: TTC #1
* tjlucca: (29) TTC #2, cycle #2
* samy23
* sarahkristin
* Silverbird: TTC #1
* Sourire: (28), TTC #1, cycle 4,
* Sweet.Bee: TTC#2
* SWhite: We are TTC #1 Cycle #1
* swimming-duck
* Taxlady:TTC #1
* TickleToes (34): TTC #1, Cycle 4
* tjjazzy: TTC #3
* TTC3years
* ValH: (30) TTC#1 since 01/2010

* Veronika01 : TTC #5

Waiting to Try Again
(ie health, distance between partners, taking a break etc)

* MrsD08: Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D #1 since September 2009 w/ male factor infertility.
* Waiting4SJ: TTC #1

CONGRATULATIONS!
Graduates of the No Stressors/No Obsessors tribe!

~November 2010 BFPs~

*LivingSky

*copper.kettle

*BeantownBaby9

*Birdie.B

~October 2010 BFPs~
*BarefootinBrooklyn
*Wake_Up
*Mama Metis

~September 2010 BFPs~
* Painefaria
* slb1107
* elonwy
* ryleeee
* BarefootScientist
* heathenmom
* anightingale
* Smokering

~August 2010 BFPs~
* Steph152
* Blanca78
* karmab

~July 2010 BFPs~
* Banana731
* Neuromancer

~June 2010 BFPs~
* Lydiah
* finnegansmom
* echospiritwarrior

~May 2010 BFPs~
* Pirogi: & DH 30-something. DD(2) DUE last week of January
* Nintendork: Kristin & DH, both 28 . DUE first week of February!

Weekend Check-In
Name:
Date:
Where are you in your cycle:
Symptoms if they apply:
When are you thinking of testing:
Thoughts:
Appointments:
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:
Do you have any stress triggers:
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:
Partners feelings if applicable:
Plans for this weekend:

Past positive words from our members:
"My body knows how to conceive" from Lyndzies, expecting her first October!

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#2 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a great weekend And I hope we have a bunch of Nov grads!!

I'm gearing up to O at the end of this week, and so excited!

I thought it would be fun to fantasize a little bit... do any of you have ideas for how you are going to tell family/friends/dh/kids when you are pregnant?

I broke down and bought this for DS. We have family over for the Pats game every Sunday, so whenever I get a BFP I'll put that shirt on him for the game and see when people notice I can't wait too many weeks to let them know, b/c they'd figure it out when I wasn't having a beer for the game, lol! As for telling DH, I was thinking about having DS bring him the + hpt. Or he'll hear me screaming in the bathroom, IDK

Anyone want to share their plans/ideas for telling the big news?

Copper- wife to B, mama to DS1 Jeb 12.4.07, and DS2 William 8.11.11.  So thrilled to be expecting a surprise baby 10.26.14!!!
#3 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 09:51 AM

You can put some info behind my name if'n ya want. Attached2Elijah - TTC #3 for me, #5 for DH since 8/10 and my chart link is http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/ee041

And even though it's not the weekend anymore, I didn't do the latest one so....
Name: Jeri
Date: 11/01/10
Where are you in your cycle: 4dpo!
Symptoms if they apply: None yet
When are you thinking of testing: Nov 9th, if I can hold out that long. Trying REALLY hard to.
Thoughts: Thinking we have a REALLY good shot this cycle.
Appointments: N/A
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Multi-vitamin with B complex and baby aspirin
Do you have any stress triggers: My mother and her lack of wanting us to have another baby.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Limiting communication with her for a few weeks.
Partners feelings if applicable: REALLY antsy and wanting a BFP for his b-day (the 5th) but don't think I could possibly get a BFP THAT early.
Plans for this weekend: None yet.

As for telling DH if/when I get pregnant... I have NO idea so I will be stalking to see any cute ideas. I didn't do anything cute with the other 2... I'd like to this time. (Although I did fall down the steps trying to get to him with my DD and looked up while he was helping me up and said "Oh, I hope that didn't hurt the baby!" but that was SO not planned, lol)

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#4 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 10:27 AM

Thanks for the new thread copper! Can you edit my info? I'm on cycle #6 now.

I'm only 4 dpo so I'll update again next weekend when there's more interesting things going on!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#5 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 10:48 AM

That T-shirt is sooo cute Copper.kettle! I haven't thought about how I will tell DH. I probably won't be able to contain myself if I get a BFP.. maybe that's part of my trouble.. I haven't thought about what comes after the BFP.

I'm on the opposite end of Attached2Elijah - the stress comes from everyone wanting us to have a baby. I must say that having the GI doctor last week tell my mom the "bad" news and then having to tell DH's parents the same news really has taken the pressure off. I also checked the antibiotics and the prednisone and all are ok in the first trimester or at least until you get the BFP.. so now thankfully, we can go back to TTC in private!

Have a great week!

And GOOD JOB Copper.Kettle.. thread looks good!

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#6 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi ladies, I'd like to join this thread. After 3 unsuccessful cycles TTC I think I need to relax a bit more!

For my info at the top of the thread, can you put:
(28), TTC #1, cycle #1,

Weekend (Monday) Check-In
Name: Heidi
Date: Nov 1
Where are you in your cycle: CD 1... I guess it will be easy to remember which CD I am this month since the days correspond to the dates...
Symptoms if they apply: AF...
When are you thinking of testing: If my LP stays this short, I will never need to test because AF always comes before I could reasonably expect to get a BFP. At least I don't have to waste a lot of money on HPT's.
Thoughts: Sad that this is CD 1.
Appointments: Have an appointment with my gynecologist for a pap smear on Dec 2. If I don't get a BFP this month I will probably have AF during that appointment so I won't be able to get the pap smear, but I will probably go to the appointment anyways and try to get the doctor to prescribe me some progresterone for my LP.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Not trying anything new this cycle, but I think I'll increase my dose a bit on the B-complex and the EPO and see what happens.
Do you have any stress triggers: CD 1!!!!
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Yoga, acupuncture, and I'm going to try out meditation for the first time, my yoga centre is offering a meditation class this weekend.
Partners feelings if applicable: He doesn't get his hopes up as much as I do, so he is less disappointed when AF shows... lucky guy.

Regarding telling people, I don't think I'll do anything special, I'll just call my parents/siblings/in-laws the second I see that BFP to share the good news! I have already decided the order I am going to call people: first DH, then my dad and MIL, then my 2 sisters, then my mom, then my brother, FIL, and DH's brother. After that I am going to try to keep it a secret from everyone else for as long as possible, but I doubt it will be very long because I am horrible at keeping secrets!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#7 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 02:16 PM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Teresa
Where are you in your cycle: CD1
Symptoms if they apply: cramps blahhhh
When are you thinking of testing: who knows?
Thoughts: disappointed by another visit from AF
Appointments: urologist nov 9
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:
Do you have any stress triggers: as a PP said, CD1!!!
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: having a sick 2 yo LOL makes me realize "what's the hurry?!"
Partners feelings if applicable: he's taking it all in stride. he keeps telling me "it'll happen."
Plans for this weekend: a wedding saturday, for which i have a new dress and then there's something every weekend after. busy, busy.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#8 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 02:55 PM - Thread Starter

Changes made! Did I forget anyone?

Sourire, I put cycle 1 like you said, but did you mean cycle 4? Your chart and your sig say cycle 4, just wondering

tjjazzy, sorry for CD1 s

Taxlady, I hear you on the pressure. In my excitement I told our moms that we'd be TTC in the fall, and now I can tell they're waiting for an announcement everytime we get together. Oops. If this takes a while, our sex life is going to be dinner conversation for our family.... grrreeaaat.

#9 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Oh Copper.kettle.. when we moved into our three bedroom home from our two bedroom one, I mentioned now we have room for a baby. My MIL exclaimed, "ANY NEWS!!" (this was last December).. before the GI doctor's warning, every time I would see her she would give me the total once over looking for a baby bump. I cannot tell you how much relief this is bringing me to have our TTC dreams back to ourselves. All I need is you supportive ladies.. and DH.

#10 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post
Sourire, I put cycle 1 like you said, but did you mean cycle 4? Your chart and your sig say cycle 4, just wondering
You are totally right, I am on cycle 4. Oops!

#11 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 04:12 PM

Hey ladies, I'd like to join!
DH and I just decided, on a whim, that we would like to add another member to our family for our 1st wedding anniversary (which happened to coincide with O!!!)
So we did! and now its the 2ww.....

Date:Nov 1

Where are you in your cycle:2 dpo, AF due on 13th

Symptoms if they apply:none, slight cramping during O and after every time we did the deed

When are you thinking of testingh gosh. in an ideal world on the 13th when AF doesn't show....but we all know I'll never hold out

Thoughts:can't believe we actually decided to do this....are we nuts!?!

Appointments:none.

Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:no...just healthy eating and relaxation

Do you have any stress triggersork

What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:reminding myself to just keep on living and concentrate on being a good mum to my two year old, whatever will be will be....

Partners feelings if applicablerobably thinking "I can't believe we decided to do this...are we nuts!!!"

Me and DH and DD (2) and expecting #2 11/27!!!!! thumb.gif
#12 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 04:20 PM

Hello all. I am new. My name is Jasmine. I am a 25 year old SAHM. I have a 2 1/2 year old son. This is actually CD 1 of cycle #10 of trying... I am totally stressed and disappointed. DS was a honeymoon baby, "trying" was not even in the vocab. My mom got pregnant easily and my sister just had her second with of course not even trying. I have friends all around me that have and are having their second children. I am just a mess today. So I thought I'd join for some help, haha.

Weekend (Monday) Check-In
Name: Jasmine
Where are you in your cycle: CD 1
Symptoms if they apply: AF
When are you thinking of testing: none
Thoughts: I don't even know
Appointments: Nope
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: I am on floradix right now for iron, I was pretty low. I take evening primrose. I have taken maca, E and numerous other things to no avail so I am trying to cut back. Oh, and I am taking B12 complex.
Do you have any stress triggers: Everything right now.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Working out, trying to stay focused on other things and enjoy the beautiful weather and time I have with my DS.
Partners feelings if applicable: He is disappointed. He doesn't know what to do.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#13 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 04:24 PM

Jazzy - I couldn't read your post and not send a huge . We are all here for you! I'm in a similar boat. DH and I barely looked at each other and we were pg with #1 (DD). Now here we are 6 months trying and getting a bit stressed! This thread is great for keeping our spirits up!

Carrie SAHM to Nora Caitlyn (5) and Finnley Dax (2) homebirthing, breastfeeding, babywearing, intactivist, doula mama!         
#14 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 04:27 PM

Thanks for the thread, Copper! Its become a ritual to fill this out every week

Welcome to the new ladies

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#15 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 05:17 PM

I'm aiming to be more "stress-free" this cycle, so I'd like to join.
Here's my info:
ValH - (30) TTC #1 since 01/2010
And here's the link to my chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2e5d89

Weekend/Monday Check-In

Name:Val
Date: 11/01/10
Where are you in your cycle: CD11, waiting to O
Symptoms if they apply: None
When are you thinking of testing: No idea, depends on when I O
Thoughts: It has to happen eventually, right???
Appointments: Yearly exam 11/16, going to push for fertility tests
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Started yoga, hoping for more reflexology appointments.
Do you have any stress triggers: Work, AF, people asking me if there's a baby yet.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: DH
Partners feelings if applicable: Super supportive
Plans for this weekend: Taking it one day at a time... hopefully BDing, if I'm Oing around then.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#16 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 05:23 PM

Yea! ValH.. you're here. NO STRESSING.. I agree - it has to happen eventually!

Welcome to OJazzyI and Karmamamaa!

These November threads are popping right now! I haven't done anything at work.

#17 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxlady View Post
Yea! ValH.. you're here. NO STRESSING.. I agree - it has to happen eventually!
So much for not stressing... I just got an email that my friend is nine weeks pregnant. She's not even trying, just not avoiding. I'm happy for her, but still I reacted to her email by crying. Ugh, I really was going to try to NOT STRESS this cycle! This not stressing thing is harder than I thought...

#18 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Holy smokes, we are hopping today! Awesome!

Welcome OJazzy1, Karmamamaa, and ValH! Hope your stay is short Double check that I added your info right.

Oh, and I got a PM from Painefaria that she is pregnant and due in June! Congrats, Paine!

#19 of 231 Old 11-01-2010, 06:43 PM

@ValH: I think sometimes "not stressing" is a major cause of stress!!

@Taxlady: I like the secretive ttc... we're not telling anyone (we hadn't planned on telling anyone we were pg with DS until the 12 week mark either, except my g'mother took ill suddenly and passed away ) We have none of the older generation left now, so if we fall pg again, we're not telling anyone!!

You hear that, ye gods?? No more taking our people away. Oh, and ye gods? This month would be great, so we could break the news at Christmas. I know it's not exactly 12 weeks, but it's good enough for me. Okay, I'm done.

@copper.kettle: great new thread!! That's one of the shirts I've looked at for DS too!!! I love it!!! There are 2 more I like; one says "Big Brother 2011" (with the eyes from the tv show!) and the other says "This is what the world's best big brother looks like". Our family is scattered all over the world, so it would be a case of ringing them first to tell them we're sending them an email with the picture... lol

Not that I've thought about it at all....
#20 of 231 Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post
This month would be great, so we could break the news at Christmas. I know it's not exactly 12 weeks, but it's good enough for me.
i agree! i'd like to make an announcement at Christmas AND we'd really like a summer baby this time. we tried with ds2 but it didn't work out so i have a fall baby and a winter baby already.

wife to wonderful dh_malesling.GIF mama of three-DS1 born December 30, 2005 and DS2 born September 27, 2008 and one lovely little girl born September 7, 2011jumpers.gif

#21 of 231 Old 11-02-2010, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, man, would I love a summer baby. DS birthday is right between Tgiving and Christmas, and it is such a pain in the neck to plan a birthday party in the middle of all the craziness. In fact, if it takes a while to get pregnant, I may take Feb and Mar off so as not to have another holiday season baby. (Although, by then I'll probably be to anxious to take any time off ) July sounds perfect-- there's nothing else going on, and we can have outside birthday parties. I know it will be tough to be very pregnant in the heat, but it's worth it. And, then the baby will be a few months old for next holiday season, so I won't be freshly post-partum while trying to do everything. (hm, I'm kind of fixated on the holidays, eh? lol!)

In other news, I'm feeling so sluggish today and can't get my head in the game. We've been watching too much TV, and I just called out of work for tonight. I just need to stay home. AND, I'm on CD10, so I've got some important work to do tonight

#22 of 231 Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM

As a child born 3 days before Christmas, I always wanted a birthday within the school year or around my half birthday instead. It was tough that everything came all at once at one time of the year when everyone was celebrating anyway. 'Ya know?

Still, I'll take a pregnancy the day I get it! But if I do have a winter baby, I'm going to celebrate the half birthday!

#23 of 231 Old 11-02-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
As a child born 3 days before Christmas, I always wanted a birthday within the school year or around my half birthday instead. It was tough that everything came all at once at one time of the year when everyone was celebrating anyway. 'Ya know?

Still, I'll take a pregnancy the day I get it! But if I do have a winter baby, I'm going to celebrate the half birthday!

Wow, a birthday THREE DAYS before Christmas?? That much be tough! I thought mine was bad, but it's ten days before Christmas, so there's a little breathing room. Did you get the "here's your birthday/Christmas present?" It bothered me when I was kid... I don't care now. My mom was great about it, though. When I was very small, she wouldn't decorate until after my birthday so I wouldn't get confused, and she always got upset if people wrapped my birthday present in Christmas paper. She still gets upset. Anyway, I agree with you, I'll take a baby any day I can get it, even if it's Christmas day, at this point!

I'm doing good at staying relatively "stress free" today - yoga and eating right really does help! I'm just waiting (impatiently) for O...

#24 of 231 Old 11-02-2010, 05:23 PM

DH and I agreed to skip TTCing around March if I wasn't pregnant by then in order to avoid a Christmas baby. Anyways if I am not pregnant by then, I'm sure a month off would do me good! I doubt I would be able to take any other month off because the thought "what if this was our month" would drive me nuts all month.

#25 of 231 Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM

I can't stop TTC.. even when the GI doctor told my mom last week that any baby I conceived would end in a m/c.. what does she know?? She's the butt doctor and last time I checked the butt was completely different than the baby making parts. (just being a smart no disrespect intended).

The toughest part about having that birthday and sharing it with a holiday in the winter for me being a girl.. was that I never got any summer clothes. As a teenager that was such a bummer. My little sister would go nuts on my birthday because she didn't get open presents and I did 3 days before her. So my mom would have to cave in and give her something. Now I don't really mind the date.. as I've gotten up there in the years I don't really want anyone to make a big deal about it, and I get to choose something to do that the DH wouldn't really be psyched about doing to celebrate.. Like going to the Crystal Cathedral to see the Christmas pageant.

#26 of 231 Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 AM

My DS's b'day is December 21 (mind you, he was due on the 8th... )

In some ways we're lucky - because we're in the southern hemisphere, it falls in the summer holiday, so he has his party (if he has one) around the end of school (which is about a week before). Then we have a family dinner on his birthday.

I'm hoping for an end-of-winter baby...
#27 of 231 Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copper.kettle View Post
July sounds perfect-- there's nothing else going on, and we can have outside birthday parties. I know it will be tough to be very pregnant in the heat, but it's worth it. And, then the baby will be a few months old for next holiday season, so I won't be freshly post-partum while trying to do everything. (hm, I'm kind of fixated on the holidays, eh? lol!)

These are all the same exact reasons I would LOVE a summer baby! Especially that they'll be a few months old by the holidays. Nora was only like 8 weeks old when the holidays came around and it was so tough juggling a newborn and family stress. Ugh!!

6 dpo today! Only one more week til I'll know either way. Trying to just enjoy my time w/DD and breathe. It'll happen when it happens. Every cycle I fantasize that it's the best.time.ever to have a baby, that no other birth month will feel as right, etc. But the truth is that whenever another baby comes, it will be perfect. Christmas baby, spring baby, summer baby, fall baby. I'll take whatever!!

#28 of 231 Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:

ds1 was born december 30th and i have always vowed never to say "here's your bday/Christmas present." if i can't justify doing that in july, why do it to him in december? i don't want his birthday to ever be overshadowed and i hope i can always make sure it isn't, even if he has to get a half birthday present!

our main reason for wanting a summer baby though is that we have colicky babies and i think being able to get OUT more will help ease the situation (although i'm still hoping for one of those babies who acts like everyone else's newborn next time around!) actually 2 reasons-i don't like to jog in the cold! LOL i want to be able to jog after baby.

#29 of 231 Old 11-03-2010, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, now I am in full fantasize-about-a-summer-baby mode!

Other reasons I would LOVE a July baby:

-By the time I'm getting big, it's time to get out warm weather clothes. No frumpy sweaters and long sleeves and boots when I'm already feeling fat.

-I can wear sundresses and flip flops when I'm REALLY big.

-I've always wanted to wear a bikini while very pregnant. (I may feel differently when the time comes )

- Being post partum when it is warm and light sounds so much better than winter time. Dec and Jan were such loooonnngg daaarrrrkkk months when DS was a newborn. I hated watching the sun set knowing I had such a long night ahead of me.

- Being able to get outside everyday during those first months sounds so much better than being stuck inside. Days when DS and I could go for a walk in those first months were SUCH BETTER DAYS than the ones we couldn't.

I do wonder, though, how to manage a newborn who wants to be swaddled when it's very hot? I was thinking about inventing like a gauze "blanket" to swaddle a baby but not be too hot! Haha!

Ok, I might be getting close to obsessing......

#30 of 231 Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM

Copper.Kettle.. those are fabulous things to think about. This thread is much more fun this month. Wearing a bikini while pregnant sounds really cool, since I would never put one on now.. It's nothing but the fact that I don't get in the sun enough that my belly is snow WHITE! But I think being in the pool while really pregnant would feel so great - and yeah, who can fault a beautiful pregnant lady for wearing a bikini. Love it!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page