November 30 Somethings TTC #1/Bajingo Juice Rules - Page 11 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#301 of 312 Old 11-29-2010, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving - I'm recovering from a marathon trip to New York City... absolutely exhausted! Just wanted to pop in and say I've been thinking of everyone.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#302 of 312 Old 11-29-2010, 05:16 PM

Meander - crossing my fingers that your spotting is completely normal  :hug

Caly - I was under the impression that you can't get your annual if you're pregnant, so you might have to cancel no matter what :)  Crossing my toes for you, since Meander has my fingers.

Val - I hope the Clomid does awesome things for you this month!

Bel - Hope that blood test is ok.

Birdie - Supportive doctors are the best.  I find the family practice doctor that was assigned to me rather cold, so I might go doctor shopping when I get home too. 

Taxlady - Have I mentioned cooking food in a cast iron skillet?  It really makes a huge difference for your dietary iron.  I get really possessive over my perfectly seasoned pan.  Also, is the first smiley my egg and the group of smilies chasing it the sperm?  :)  Maybe that's my problem...the hubby's sperm are very aggressive and scaring away my little egg!

AFM - I feel like I've given you a REALLY unrepresentative image of my social life.  Expat parties are for American holidays and leaving, and the rest of the time I'm hanging out.  I spent literally all day yesterday sitting on the couch reading, finished the first Outlander book and started the 2nd. I often have my pajamas on until lunchtime.  Unless I get a job soon, it's going to be about the same when I'm in the U.S.  I don't use my idle time very well :)  Still waiting to O...Sunday probably.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#303 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 05:25 AM

JlyGrn - orngbiggrin.gif  I love being in my PJs...

AFM - blood tests were fine - they just wanted to make sure I follow up with an endocrinologist (have goiter - just want to be evaluated).

Hope everyone is wonderful!  Can't believe December starts tomorrow.  Crazy.  Hopeing everyone gets their BFP in December - I'm aiming for Jan 2011. 

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#304 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 07:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Mornin' ladies.

Dr. Taxlady - Congrats on surviving the in-laws!  I agree with Jly about the cast iron pan - it's both a delicious way to cook and good for iron levels!

Jly - Enjoy it while it lasts!  I spend most weekends in my pajamas.  I think reading on the couch is a perfectly good use of time.  Thanks for the crossed toes!  smile.gif  I'm pretty sure AF is here, so go ahead and relax them.

ValH - Sounds like things are going smoothly with the Clomid - hopefully this will be your cycle!

Bel - I'm so glad your blood tests were fine.  Why do doctors have to be so cryptic about these things when they leave messages?

I think I'm out.  Still no bright red blood, but things look pretty much like they always do the first day of AF.  I'm expecting to see red anytime now.  I'm feeling pretty bummed since we won't get to try again until January.  DH will be out of town when I O in December (unless it happens really early or really late).  I'm so tired of waiting.  TTC is all about waiting, it seems.

Guess I'd better call my doctor and see if they want me to reschedule...again.  banghead.gif

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#305 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Meander – You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!  Keep us posted.  All my crossables are crossed for a positive outcome for you!

Birdie.lee – I think the “reproductive center” sounds like a GREAT place to start!  Wish we had one of those around here…

Calycanth – So sorry AF found you!  As for the doctor’s visit, I’ve been told to keep the appointment as long as it’s light bleeding, like at the beginning of AF.  But I’m sure each office has their own guidelines.  That stinks that you’ll have to wait to try again.  Fingers crossed for a late (or early) O for you! 

Taxlady – How was your blood work?  Hopefully things have improved, and your iron is getting closer to normal! 

Bel718 – I do plan on using OPKs this month.  I’ve read, though, that you should wait until three days AFTER the Clomid to take the OPK, because the Clomid can sometimes cause a false-positive reading on the OPK.  So I’ll start tomorrow.  Also, I’ve read that O should take place five to ten days after Clomid, so hopefully it’ll do the trick to help you know when to expect O. 

TickleToes – Good to “see” you again!  I hope your trip to NYC was fantastic – I love that city.

Jolly – I work from home, and find nothing wrong with pajamas.  I’m in pajama bottoms right now, and it’s nearly 2pm.  I should clarify that I have been dressed and out for work today, but came home and decided pajamas were in order.    

Thanks everyone for the well-wishes about the Clomid!! 

AFM – I just had an HSG (the test to check my fallopian tubes), and it SUCKED.  The nurses told me to take Advil beforehand (which I did), but OUCH.  It was like having the worst menstrual cramps ever for about two minutes.  Not sure why, but I nearly fainted afterwards, and had to lie back down and drink a soda.  Now I’m bleeding.  Not a fun experience.  Anyway, I did find out that I have one blocked fallopian tube.  The doctor said it’s entirely possible that both tubes were blocked prior to the test, but the dye from the test may have cleared one of them.  I was informed that the only way to fix a blocked tube is laparoscopic surgery.  My doctor said that he wouldn’t go that route right now… since I have one working tube, he wants to first get the right dose of Clomid for me (will be adjusting it following some blood work later in the cycle).  Once he gets the dosage right, he wants to give me four to six cycles of trying.  If we still don’t get a BFP, it’ll be time to consider the surgery.  Not exactly the news I wanted to hear.  I didn’t cry during the appointment, though, so I was proud.  Guess I was too focused on not passing out! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#306 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 12:09 PM

WHOA!  A blocked tube?!  WOW!  I am very very happy that you found this information out and now you can proceed!!

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#307 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Geez, Val - that sounds awful!  But I'm glad they checked your tubes - I hope you're OK!  You were right about the pap.  I decided to just go to my appointment.  This was my first time seeing a CNM instead of an OB/GYN, and she was awesome.  I apologized for the bleeding, and she said "Oh, honey!  We deliver babies!  This is nothing!"  Glad I went.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#308 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 01:03 PM - Thread Starter

I forgot - today is the last day of November!!!  Anyone want to be threadkeeper for next month?  Just let me know, and I'll send instructions.  It's super easy! 

Thanks for the well-wishes, Taxlady and Calycanth.  I'm doing better.  Still cramping and spotting, and feeling pretty sorry for myself today.  BUT I have heard of women getting pregnant the cycle after an HSG because the dye clears the way for the egg... so there's always that hope, IF I O on the right side this month...

Calycanth - I'm glad your doctor's appointment went well!  I generally see a NP as my general health care provider, and I love her!  She always has more time for me than a regular doctor, and is much more attentive.  Doctor's are overrated sometimes. 

#309 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ValH View Post

TickleToes – Good to “see” you again!  I hope your trip to NYC was fantastic – I love that city.

AFM – I just had an HSG (the test to check my fallopian tubes), and it SUCKED.  The nurses told me to take Advil beforehand (which I did), but OUCH.  It was like having the worst menstrual cramps ever for about two minutes.  Not sure why, but I nearly fainted afterwards, and had to lie back down and drink a soda.  Now I’m bleeding.  Not a fun experience.  Anyway, I did find out that I have one blocked fallopian tube.  The doctor said it’s entirely possible that both tubes were blocked prior to the test, but the dye from the test may have cleared one of them.  I was informed that the only way to fix a blocked tube is laparoscopic surgery.  My doctor said that he wouldn’t go that route right now… since I have one working tube, he wants to first get the right dose of Clomid for me (will be adjusting it following some blood work later in the cycle).  Once he gets the dosage right, he wants to give me four to six cycles of trying.  If we still don’t get a BFP, it’ll be time to consider the surgery.  Not exactly the news I wanted to hear.  I didn’t cry during the appointment, though, so I was proud.  Guess I was too focused on not passing out! 

I had a great time in NYC - its a great place to visit, but I realized that I would be very unhappy living in any city of that size when we went to central park and I felt so relieved to have trees, grass, rocks, and topography around me! My poor friends were offended, I think, when I honestly answered the eager questions about my thoughts on the city. huh.gif

That HSG sounds awful, but I'm glad to hear that you are figuring out what needs to be done. Keeping my fingers crossed that you O on the unblocked side!

Meander - hope everything is going well.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#310 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 03:10 PM

Val - I'm sorry you got some bad news today, but I'm glad you know the problem now and can deal with it accordingly. I'm not sure how true this is, but I've read that women ovulate more often on the right side. I've also heard that if you have a bad tube, sometimes, somehow, the egg still makes it all the way over to the other tube. As for the fainting thing, I've had that before during my IUD insertion and when I passed the placenta during my miscarriage. My doctor said some people just have a sensitive cervix and react that way. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you this cycle. I hope clomid does the trick!

meander - sending you some extra potent sticky vibes! hug2.gif

AFM - So far I'm feeling fine... no nausea or anything yet. I'm feeling less confident than earlier this week so I'm trying to keep busy and not think about the possibility of loss too much. Wouldn't it be nice if they could be kicking from the get-go so women wouldn't have to feel so stressed through the first trimester?
I hope everyone had a good holiday and that we have a bunch more positives to ring in the new year with. dust.gif

Teetina
Expecting a little one in August! 
#311 of 312 Old 11-30-2010, 04:31 PM

ValH--I'm sorry to hear about your tube, but I am hoping so hard for you that the HSG really did clear out the other tube, and removed your only barrier to pregnancy. I really hope that it does the trick for you. (Go, unblocked ovary, go!) *hug*

I'm home, and I am exhausted (we took the red-eye last night, and I really can't sleep on planes). It's been raining unbelievably hard here all day, so I've had no desire to actually leave the house or get anything done. All I want is sleep.

No more bleeding, so far...just a few traces of old brown stuff I'd expect to see after bleeding so much. I haven't called the OB yet--I'm torn between wanting to know things are okay, and NOT wanting to know if things aren't...

I need a nap. I'll try and do a better job catching up tomorrow.

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#312 of 312 Old 12-01-2010, 04:09 AM - Thread Starter

I didn't have any takers for threadkeepr, so I started the new December thread.  Happy December, everyone!  Go here for the new post. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page