#1 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Conceiving #1 in Our 30's November
Last Month's Thread

If You Would Like To Join, Welcome!
Please give us your age, when you started TTC
and a link to your chart if you have one.
and feel free to share a bit more, we are a really friendly group!

Active Members

AmandaMom ...........age 31 ...TTC since 03/10 profile 7
Amyfemme ..................age 35 ...TTC since 10/10 profile 11
AmyPDX ..................age 30 ...TTC since 03/10 profile 6
BabyHopesCO ........age 34 ...TTC since 07/09 profile 9
Bel718 .......................age 31 ...TTC since 01/10 profile 11
birdie.lee ...................age 30 ...TTC since 04/10 profile 11
Bootsvalentine ........age 31 ...TTC since 06/10 profile 11
BrownLioness.........age 31 ...TTC since 08/11 profile 11
Calycanth.........age 29 ...TTC since 03/10 profile 11
Fertilemyrtle .............age 32 ...TTC since 06/10 profile 9
Goldmoon333 ...........age 32 ...TTC since 02/10 profile 6
HDSM ..................age 32 ...TTC since 10/10 profile 11
Hykue ...................age 32 ...TTC since 08/10 profile 11
JlyGrnMigt ...................age 31 ...TTC since 09/10 profile 11
JustKiya ...................age 33 ...TTC since 03/07 profile 6
Kinza .........................age 31 ...TTC since 11/08 profile 10
Laggie .......................age 35 ...TTC since 09/09 profile 11
Mainebirdgirl ...........age 31 ...TTC since 06/10 profile 9
meander ....................age 37 ...TTC since 10/09 profile 11  due 7/2011
Mommel ....................age 37 ...TTC since 03/10 profile 6
Mrs.Nap515 .............age ?? ...TTC since ??/?? profile 7
Newbian Mama .......age 32 ...TTC since 01/10 profile 5
prof.alex ....................age 32 ...TTC since ??/09 profile 5
Rubygirl36 ..................age 30 ...TTC since 10/10 profile 10
TaxLady ....................age 34 ...TTC since 08/09 profile 11
Tear78 .......................age 31 ...TTC since 05/08 profile 8 11
Tickletoes .................age 34 ...TTC since 08/10 profile 11
Towgirl ......................age 3? ...TTC since 09/10 profile 10
ValH ...........................age 30 ...TTC since 01/10 profile 11
Viola.Swamp .............age 30 ...TTC since 02/10 profile 7
WTHamI? .................age 30 ...TTC since 03/10 profile 9

Pregnant Graduates

2010's ...... Let me know when to move you...

Teetina ......................pos.gif at age 31 ...after 11 months EDD 08/11 profile
LivingSky ................. at age 30 ...after 6 months EDD 07/11 profile
annaconda ............... at age 31 ...after 2 months EDD 5/11 profile
Shyentist ................... at age 30 ... after 7 months EDD 5/11 profile
Bolobear ................... at age 32 ... after 1 months EDD 5/11 profile
Nutter ................... at age 32 ... after 1 months EDD 5/11 profile
Elonwy ................... at age 32 ... after 3 months EDD 5/11 profile
Blanca78 ................... at age 32 ... after 13 months EDD 5/11 profile
lauraska .................... at age 32 ... after 4 months EDD 4/11 profile
cb718 ......................... at age 33 ... after 2 months EDD 4/11 profile
Shabbers .................. at age 38 ... after 3 years EDD 4/11 profile
amp4piano ............... at age 3? ... after 5 months EDD 4/11 profile
Neuromancer ........... at age 33 ... after 1 month EDD 3/11 profile
rmiriam ...................... at age 31 ... after 8 months EDD 3/11 profile
jtc77 .......................... at age 32 ... after 1 year EDD 3/11 profile
IHeartMyFamily ..... at age 31 ... after 1.5 years! EDD 2/11 profile
Jenne ........................ at age 32 ... after 1 year! EDD 2/11 profile
•Adorkable• ............. at age 35 ... after 2.5 years! EDD 1/11 profile
PixelGeek................... at age 30 ... after 1 month EDD 11/10 profile
mollytommy ............. at age 33 ... after 17 months EDD 11/10 profile
kmlcu......................... at age 33 ... after 4 months EDD 10/10 profile
grateful301 ............... at age 32 ... after 1 month EDD 10/10 profile

Mommy Graduates

2010's

Monarchgrrl, orandalady

2009's
violet_, Suka, CareCare, Sju88b, shantiani, Peace+Hope, lissame72, KikaKika, Masel, zenproofstella, Wanting2BaMom, jacappell, joyakshi, Octobermoon, EarthMamaToBe, Cellist, berryblndgirl, beth28, carmen358, marinak1977, makeminepink, humptydumpty, Lillitu, Catubodua, PoetryLover, cocoanib, welshwife08, Katie34, lilviolet, starkyld, Poetgirl, Somegirl99,Taylah, Houla055

2008's

Amahrey, jencat, Ms Sig, christigpa, ~sweet pea~, Nashvillemidwife, artsake, kJad29, elspethshimon, heinz28, nonsenseprecious, nalusj, musiclady, quasar & smartycat, tourist, penstamon, amymckinney, corikodjo, honeybunny65, fjkelly, tiggernorton04,sky_and_lavender

2007's

Hazieluna, ATD Mom, Brightside, K9sarchik, Amberbella, Shibababy, jpiper0430, MajorGroover, Grace24, Hezzy, CowsRock, Kharen, Nico DeMouse, xenon, SarahJen, Suzywan, Phillybama, jentina, Jujubie, Writerbird, Melanie_rabbitbarn, Cicely_m, PinkOrchid2,Cking, Mandy 74, Anouk, GISDiva, Raingyrl, ChristyM26, Starlightsound, Palma, Rhon, 11yrsNoKid, Desilou, Nony, AngelaM, hae703, Radiowave, FiberLover, Scalpel, Zucchini, Funnygrace, VeganCupcake, Illaria

2006's

Farmama, PiePie, Dctexan, Greengrey & Beckyphry

List Maintenance:

This #1 In Your 30s Thread welcomes everyone who's interested to participate in this thread. You are welcome to come and go as you are able, just please be aware that in order to keep the list of members manageable, the username of those who haven't participated in the thread within the last 6 months will be removed. If your name is removed, you are always welcome to rejoin the thread at any time. Graduates are listed indefinitely for the joy it brings!

Threadkeeping:

Members are most welcome to take a turn at threadkeeping for a month. It is easy and fun. All help you need will be happily given.

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#2 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 02:28 PM

YEAH! Way to go VALH!

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#3 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Hi ladies!
I'm happy to be your Threadkeeper for the month of November. I'm looking forward to moving some of you (or all of you, I'm good with that) to the graduates category this month, so I'm looking for lots of BFPs!

If there are any new ladies or lurkers out there that would like to join in, please jump in at any time! I'll be glad to add you to the list.

Just to catch up on some posts from last month's threads (I don't post much on the weekends):
Taxlady - You have such a great attitude about your job interview! I hope the interview goes well and the job is just what you are looking for. If it doesn't work out, though, just look at it as an opportunity to practice and perfect your interviewing skills!

JlyGrn - I'm sorry that your "friend" let you find out about her pregnancy like that. That completely stinks from her end. I know it's hard to always remember that it's not a competition (I struggle with that a lot), so I just have to keep telling myself that things happen at the times they happen for a reason. A reason I don't know, but I guess I don't need to.

amyfemme - That's so exciting about your insemination. I hope you get a sticky bean!

AFM - CD 11. Just hanging out, waiting to O.

#4 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 05:39 PM - Thread Starter

So I just got an email that one of my friends is nine weeks pregnant. I'm trying really hard to be happy for her, but right this second all I want to do is cry. She wasn't even trying, just not avoiding.

Okay, time to go put on a happy face and send her a heartfelt congratulations... I really will mean it. I'll just be hurting and terribly reminded of my failure thus far at the same time. Ugh.

#5 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 06:04 PM

Thanks for doing the thread, Val... sorry your friend's news has you down.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

#6 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM

OH ValH.. not fun. I know what it feels like to write the "heartfelt congratulations" email.

On the other hand - you have not failed and you are not a FAILURE! It breaks my heart that you said that.

#7 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 07:27 PM

Hi all--My laptop has died on me, so while I've been trying to keep up with reading on my Itouch, posting takes forever on this thing...hopefully the computer is only 'mostly dead'...and I can be back online properly soon!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

#8 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 08:45 PM

Oh, ValH...I agree with Taxlady...you are so not a failure! I'm only beginning my journey to coneption and really want to try to stay positive as much as possible. I hope you're able to find some peace within yourself. You all are my role models - the true experts on this subject.

I read something in a book the other day... Treat yourself like you would treat your baby.

Some food for thought!

I (35) am happily married to my gorgeous wife (28) love.gif  who is pregnant with our first little bundle of love.                                                             Coming attraction: homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg   in March, 2012!  joy.gif

#9 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Hi everyone, I've been reading, just feeling too tired to post!
Hope you had a great B-day, Teetina!
Taxlady, I'm sorry to hear about all your health issues. That really sucks. I also appreciate your wife-of-teacher perspective! I know my husband is really happy I quit yearbook, especially because he did so much of it and it made me so miserable.
Welcome to anyfemme and jly!
I learned a ton from this thread last month, honestly. I learned practical things like I better not go around saying I've got a short luteal phase when I'm not even temping and am basically guessing. But most of all I am loving that there is a group of 30-something ladies out there who are also into setting healthy boundaries and focusing on ourselves while we prepare for conception. (Conception, what a concept! That should be someone's book title).

AFM, I switched from the TCOYF web software (which only tracks temps to .1 of a degree, btw) to FF. I am currently having a spat with FF because it thinks I O'd on CD14 (CD17 now) and I had only one day of very thin EWCM, not like me at all. But I have been on B vits to try to move up my O date, since it's usually, as far as I can tell, around CD 18 or 19. I'm concerned my temps aren't accurate because I get up at least once a night. I gotta get the link to my new chart and let some experts tell me something. I also will see what the next few days will bring in terms of EWCM and such. If FF is right, we don't have much chance because we only BD'd on CD15 and CD16. We are both getting sick so I don't know if it's worth trying tonight. Part of me really believes I haven't O'd yet.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#10 of 312 Old 11-01-2010, 11:12 PM

Bootsvalentine...I'm a teacher, too! 3rd grade...its seems you do jr. high or high school? The yearbook class gave that away! I bet if you continue trusting your instincts, they will prevail. There's really something to be said for a woman's intuition, don't you think? I know what you mean about getting up at least once each night...I used to do that a lot more before I stopped drinking liquids a couple of hours before bed. Years of bladder abuse (I've got a teacher's bladder for goodness sake!), I fear, will screw me in the end with the whole peeing thing. Pregnancy should be interesting!

Can't wait for tomorrow's last insemination of this cycle! Then, the waiting game starts!

I (35) am happily married to my gorgeous wife (28) love.gif  who is pregnant with our first little bundle of love.                                                             Coming attraction: homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg   in March, 2012!  joy.gif

#11 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter

Taxlady, tickletoes, and ammyfemme - Thank you for the kind words, and for reminding me that I'm not a failure. I was just feeling sorry for myself, and started feeling much better after DH came home (and I had a drink - thank goodness I wasn't in the 2WW yet ).

bootsvalentine - I don't think that getting up during the night messes with your temp too much. While it won't be a beautiful chart, you'll still be able to tell enough to see when you ovulate, especially when you combine the temps with other fertility signs (OPKs, CM, etc). I tend to get up at least once in the night (trying to increase water intake doesn't help), but I've still been able to find when I ovulate, and that's the most important part. Good luck with the BBT charting!

amyfemme - Good luck with the last insemination! At least you got multiple shots at it this cycle, that's great!

meander - I hope your laptop gets fixed soon! We miss you comments and wisdom!

AFM - CD 12, still just waiting to O. We're doing good on the every-other-day thing so far. Hopefully it'll work for us!

#12 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 AM

Thank you for the thread ValH! And of course I have to jump on the wagon - you are not a failure! Again, its just taking a little longer. Glad you were able to enjoy a drink! Decompressing helps to relax you...we need to do that more than we let ourselves.

Come on November BFPs!

AFM, on CD8, AF finished Sunday into Monday and I started temping this morning. I am going to do that in addition to OPKs starting tomorrow (LAST TIME if I don't catch O). I think I may have miscalculated when I told you ladies before but my last cycle was 87 days...ugh.

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#13 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter

Bel718 - Thanks for the kind words! I do feel better this morning. I just had a mini-breakdown yesterday. I cried, and got over it. Now I'm just happy for my friend, and looking forward to O-ing this cycle.

I think it's great that you are doing the BBT and OPKs. It really does help you learn about your body and what's going on (I had no idea before I started this process). Are you going to be using FF or some other charting software? If so, I'd be happy to add your chart to our list, so that we can all stalk it! If you want it included, just put the link in a post.

And I second your comment on COME ON NOVEMBER BFPs!

#14 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 09:37 AM

Hey ladies! Just popping in to say hi - first week of actually trying to DO my new job this week, so that's taking up most of my time CD17 today and I think FF is going to give me crosshairs in a couple of days. I think I O'ed yesterday or today. Either way, our timing should be okay. Now on to the waiting game!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#15 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 AM - Thread Starter

LivingSky - It looks to me like you may have Oed yesterday (CD16), so those crosshairs should be showing up soon! You definitely had good timing, so that you'll get a sticky bean this cycle!

Okay, I'm bored at work today and spending way too much time on here. To continue what Taxlady began last month with the questions, here's a question for everyone: Do you have any odd/interesting talents or skills? I know, it's not TTC related at all, but I thought we could use a distraction from obsessing (or I could, anyway). There's such varied group of ladies in here, so I'm sure we're full on interesting talents!

I'll get the ball rolling... really the only interesting talents I have would be playing tuba and juggling (my college roommate was a theater major, so I'd help with her "homework"). So maybe if I get too fed up with work, I'll join the circus?! Kind of tempting here lately...

#16 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Woo November! A little self-promotion here since I don't have a chart to link to... I'm participating in NaBloPoMo, where I post on my blog every day for the month of November. You can find me at http://thebroadabroad.net. In the meantime, I'm sitting by the woodstove hoping it doesn't melt my laptop and alternating between joy and guilt. It looks like my husband is coming back on the 7th instead of the 10th! We will definitely catch that egg now (why isn't there a smiley with a lasso?) but he's coming home because of research mishaps. I don't really have any odd talents or skills, but I crochet and a dream the other night is making me want to pick up my flute after a 15-year lapse.

ValH - Great thread title As for your friend, I think we've definitely all been there. s to you. When it happened to me a few years ago (when I was in NO position to be pregnant no matter how much I wanted it) I had my cry and waited until I could send an honest congratulatory email back to her. I don't know about everyone else, but it SO depends on the person for me! There are a few people in my life that would definitely make me cry again if I heard about a pregnancy, but this morning my mom told me that a friend of hers who is 39 is pregnant and I was THRILLED. She's not my fave person ever, but she's one of those who didn't even find a partner until last year and was terrified that she would miss out on so much that she really wanted. Now her wishes are coming true, and damnit, OURS WILL TOO!

amyfemme - you mentioned near the end of the Oct thread that your donor gets a little gun shy. Would he take offense to a porno mag as a thank-you gift? I imagine if he's thinking about babies it might not be as appealing for him...at least I kinda hope not.

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#17 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 02:24 PM

ValH - I knew there was something I left out! I have the same thoughts you do at times as well when I hear friends are expecting. Definitely feel guilty, but it passes and then I am super excited for them. JlyGrnMigt hit it right on the head - we have all been there! Many of my friends had children before me and others have new babies or are pregnant now so its difficult. We will have our time, too. Not too many friends of mine know how far into TTC I am - I don't want to hear the "don't worry, these things take time" or what else...can't help it!
Thanks! I hope this time I catch it along with the Vitex maybe shortening my cycle. I think I am going to use FF - see a lot of ladies on here using it. I will check it out tonight. (I should be working, too...haha) I will send the link when I figure it out.

Odd/Interesting Talents or skills? Not really. I'm good with animals? I have bottle fed kittens and one puppy from days old for weeks and was pretty good at it!

#18 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 PM

HI friends.. interesting morning. Over slept, luckily I woke up and gave the DH time to get to work. I hope his students don't mind the bedhead. I was going to start temping today, but when I realized there was too much sunshine for 5:45 am - I bolted out of bed. I guess, I will temp starting tomorrow.. I just love being able to sleep though the night.
Then I VOTED! Awesome, love voting.

Bel718 that is so sweet about raising poor little baby animals. You are going to be a great mommy with such skills! I really hope the Vitex can shorten your cycle a little bit - that is one long cycle! I love FF and I hope you find it helpful, I know I was happy to have a little more guidance.

Jlygrnmgt - the wood stove sounds so inviting..but that is in my idealistic mind. So glad your DH is coming home a little sooner, but sorry there are work problems. Still, HE'S COMING HOME - isn't funny how life works.. there's a reason things didn't work out and I hope it's sole purpose is to lasso that eggo! Also, I love hearing success stories about women who are higher in age - gives me so much hope! LOVE IT! Can't wait to read your blog - which will totally help not work some more!

Livingsky - GO LASSO THAT EGGO! I hope you are enjoying your new job and it's perfect timing to keep your mind out of the TTW.

Amyfemme, I'm totally rooting for you! I think it is just an amazing story and I think your positive attitude is great. Another teacher.. there is a special place in heaven for all of you.

Bootsvalentine - good for you! It takes guts to quit! But it's going to make you so much less stressed which is always good for the TTC! Setting boundaries like a champ! I hope you and your DH feel better.. half way through the semester - feels like miles before a break.

Bummer Meander on your laptop. I would go crazy without one but the DH's itouch is broken right now and that's making him go crazy. Ahh electronics.. you are so good, yet so touchy. I hope things work out for not too much $$. I'm taking my steroids and thinking of you - hungry hungry over here but trying to be kind to myself like I begged you to do last month.

Tickletoes.. am I right when I look at your chart that your temps ARE STILL UP?? I SURE HOPE I AM LOOKING AT THAT CORRECTLY! Any updates??

As for my talent.. which I had to use in this year's company picnic... I still know all the words to Vanilla Ice's "Ice Ice, Baby".. please tell me you remember that song from high school?? Some of the younger employees had no idea what I was rapping. You see, I thought we were volunteering to answer some trivia questions and then they flipped the switch on us at the picnic and told us we had to show a talent. I was panic struck... and the words just flowed "like a harpoon" (lyric from the song).

#19 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

JlyGrn - Yay for your husband coming home early!
I'm sure you wish it wasn't because of a research issue, but everything happens for a reason, right?? Good luck at lassoing that eggie! And thanks for the kind words! I know we've all been there before with having to smile through the tears at someone else's good news. It just struck me wrong at the time, but I'm better now.

Bel718 - That's cool that you are so great with animals. I really admire that quality in a person. When I was younger, I had a pet cow that I bottle fed for a while. It's a lot of fun to nurse baby animals. I bet puppies and kitties would be more fun - it's a lot easier to cuddle with those instead of a cow.

Tickletoes - I just checked your chart after Taxlady mentioned it... it's looking great! I'll be stalking...

Taxlady - Your story about singing Vanilla Ice made me laugh. I still sing that from time to time, especially if someone says "Stop." I have to continue with "collaborate, and listen, Ice is back with a brand new edition..." I may have a few of the words wrong, but I definitely know what you're talking about!

#20 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 05:24 PM

Valh - thanks! I didn't want to be the ONLY one! You know VI has a new T.V. show.. remodeling homes? Pretty funny!

#21 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxlady View Post

Tickletoes.. am I right when I look at your chart that your temps ARE STILL UP?? I SURE HOPE I AM LOOKING AT THAT CORRECTLY! Any updates??

Yes... my temps are still up! AF is due today and hasn't shown yet. I took a test this morning and stared at it really, really hard, but saw nothing. I'm cautiously hoping though... its getting exciting and waiting for a BFP is killing me!

Hmmm... talents... I'm a pretty good dancer and love vintage swing era dances. I guess that might be unusual, but it doesn't seem like it to me because I know a bunch of other people who are into it. A more unusual talent would be my pumpkin carving skills... I did a rather realistic one of Obama during the Presidential election. We got more people over to look at the pumpkins than we did trick or treaters that year.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

#22 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi Ladies...

Just stopping in to wonder what on earth is Bajingo juice? I'm sure there must be a joke there.

I'm listed as an active member here but I've been hanging out with the Bitter Sushi Ladies lately as I'm a bit discouraged after a year of trying naturally and now on my second IUI cycle. Maybe posting here will give me some baby luck Or maybe it's just a sign I'm in the 2WW.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#23 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 11:15 PM

I too know all the words to Ice Ice Baby, much to my DH's incredulity. I'm not sure he knows all they lyrics to any song, not to mention a really bad song from the early 90's (if I remember correctly). Milli Vanilli, too . . . but in my case I wouldn't call it a talent, more of a quirk. My grandma loves to tell a story about her sister, who knew all the words to a great many songs, and when reminded of a song by a word or phrase, she would sing the whole thing from beginning to end . . . even if you were in the middle of a conversation. So I try to make sure I don't do that. Even though I could, and often have the urge to.

My odd skill is definitely milking squirrels. I can pretty much guarantee I'm the only person on this forum who has EVER expressed milk from a wild squirrel. It ain't easy, and they don't like it. And they have incredibly sharp teeth. Because I know everyone will think I'm some kind of sadistic animal torturer if I don't explain . . . it was a job for a research project. There is a long-term study of squirrels in the Yukon, and all individuals in the study area are tracked from birth death (or until they leave the area). To see if the mother is still feeding babies, you check if she's still lactating - she stops after just a couple of days if her babies die. So, you have to milk all the mama squirrels when you catch them every 7-10 days. If I made you gals laugh, that makes it worth it, even with the "stapling", as one of my coworkers called squirrel bites.

I am still reading and integrating what everyone says, but I'm still too busy to be much of a contributor. And I'm sending all my November baby dust to you deserving ladies, too. Good luck!

JlyGrnMigt: If you don't mind my asking, what kind of research is your DH doing? Just curious . . . going to China to do research sounds fun! And surely not much colder than here.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#24 of 312 Old 11-02-2010, 11:34 PM

Squirrel milking!?! If this were a contest, you just took home the prize... hehe!

#25 of 312 Old 11-03-2010, 01:32 AM

SQUIRREL MILKING

I had to read it a few times.. I'm with TickleToes - that takes the cake.

#26 of 312 Old 11-03-2010, 03:22 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Squirrel milking! Amazing! I've got nothing to compete with that.
Everyone already knows I'm a knitter, I also spin yarn. That's really not that weird in the knitting community and I'm not very good, but there you go, I could be a pioneer. The spinning wheels we use now are not the kind that Sleeping Beauty pricked her finger on.

Livingsky, Bajingo juice is exactly what you think it is

Anyfemme, I teach 7th and 8th grade Reading in a K-8 school. I actually love it most of the time. I live in AZ, and I also have teacher bladder! I often don't need to pee until lunch at 11:30! But I drink tons and tons of water all hours of the day, I can't help it.

Still trying to get the hang of temping and hoping I haven't O'd. I noticed that if I take out one freak low temp FF says it still can't determine an O date. I feel pretty down about potentially flubbing this whole cycle. Took a day off today, I was getting a cold and just generally feeling run down. I've been good about taking my bit vits (Emergen C) but not so great about taking my multivit (has enough folic acid to be fine for ttc) or the iron pills I'm still taking since I was a bit anemic last docs visit.

ValH, can you update my chart link to this:
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/30170d

Thanks, doll!

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#27 of 312 Old 11-03-2010, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter

Laggie - Bajingo Juice is CM... it's a joke from last month's thread. I can't remember the exact circumstances of the joke, but it was pretty funny at the time, and the saying kind of stuck. We're glad to have you back with us! I hope you get a sticky bean this cycle.

Hykue - Yep, you win the odd talent prize with the squirrel milking! I had to read it twice!

bootsvalentine - Your chart has been updated! I was looking at it, and I don't know that you've O'ed yet... those are some pretty low temps for post-O. If you don't mind me asking, where are you taking the temp (i.e. orally)? Are the circumstances when you take the temp pretty similar every day (i.e. time, room temp, amount of sleep, etc.)? My first chart kind of looked like the Rocky Mountains while I got used to temping. Still sometimes they look crazy!

AFM - Still waiting to O. I don't know why I'm so impatient this month! I took three OPKs yesterday, at CD12. I don't normally O until CD 15-16. So yeah, it's going to be negative at CD12.

#28 of 312 Old 11-03-2010, 09:40 AM

#29 of 312 Old 11-03-2010, 09:57 AM

TickleToes - high temps means maybe you're pregnant? I don't chart, so I haven't learned about the temp stuff yet. Crossing my fingers for you!

Hykue - All I could think of was that line from Meet the Parents: "I have nipples, Greg. Can you milk me?" Too funny! The things we'll do for research... My husband is looking at the National Park situation around here. NP's are pretty new in China, and there are communities living on the land they want to protect. As you can probably imagine, there are lots of issues there. He's in Sociology. As for the weather, the altitude makes everything weird. I grew up in Michigan, so being over 10,000 ft is a bit of a change for me! In terms of latitude, we're about level with Northern Georgia I think, but the thin air means heat doesn't hang around. You can be sitting in the roasting sun feeling toasty warm (or uncomfortably hot, if you're my husband) and as soon as you step into the shad or a cloud passes over, it drops like 10 degrees. Dusk is a bit of a panic too. Gotta get home and throw on another layer before it gets chilly!

Taxlady - Ice Ice Baby was early middle school for me... It was one of the CDs my dad bought when we got our very first CD player. Janet Jackson for me, VI for my brother, and Whitney Houston for my mom VI has since apologized for that song! Anyway, I bust out into song when prompted by conversation too, but it's generally only a line or two. I get that from my mom, who does it with far more gusto than I. I think the only song I might still be able to remember in full from that era is Sir Mix a Lot's "I like big butts", but I have a college friend who can sing The Humpty Dance!

Mom to Thora, born at home 9/28/2011. Currently in Madison, WI, but gearing up for a move to Providence, RI in August! I'd love to meet some folks.
#30 of 312 Old 11-03-2010, 01:05 PM

Wow! You ladies are takin me back! First Vanillla Ice then the mention of Milli Vanilli...so funny!

Yep - that is a new one! Milking squirrels...I could have used that for when I bottle fed a squirrel (I just used KMR). They are so cute! Only did one and I named him Squirt. (I got peed on a lot - no bites though Hykue!)

Birdie.lee - I am actually charting on paper now, but am planning on using FF, too. Didn't get to it yet.

ValH - I heard taking OPK test in afternoon is the best time? The smiley one says first morning urine is ok, but websites say its best after 10am to 2pm - of course while I am at work! It was a challenge but I did it at work today. Whew... What time are you trying to test at?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page