How many dpo did you get your positive? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 11-14-2010, 08:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And did you count the day your temp spiked as 1dpo?

I know some tests say you can get a BFP as early as 8-9dpo, but I'm sure that's not the norm.  When did you start testing and when did you get your BFP?  What test did you use?

I know this has been asked before and I have been reading a ton, but I'm hoping to get as much input as I can.  Sorry if this has been asked to death.  I'm just so excited!!!

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 11-14-2010, 08:46 AM

day 1 I think is spike day.

I would tested no sooner than 10 or 11 days dpo. I got my BFP 12 dpo or 13dpo with DS.

For me I'd feel sad about possible false negatives and getting my hopes up, but I was TCC for a long time. so I waited until I was pretty sure. My chart looked different than every other month when I tested for DS. 

This surprise baby wasn't discovered until 8 weeks. lol.gif so no help there.

Good luck!

biggrinbounce.gifDS 10/09  sleepytime.gifDS 2/17/11 stork-suprise.gif Blessing #3 sometime 2/13

#3 of 26 Old 11-14-2010, 09:30 AM

I agree with Dakotablue on waiting if you can. I got a BFP at 10DPO. (I had actually intended to wait a couple more days, but luckily it was pretty obviously positive at 10DPO.)  I knew my O date based on an OPK/symptoms, but I wasn't temping at the time so I can't say when my shift was. I would consider the day of the shift as 1DPO too.  Good luck!

Metis, partner to a peaceful soul, mothering DD born July '11

#4 of 26 Old 11-14-2010, 08:02 PM

With ds I did not test untilthe day Af was due ... 12dpo the freer was blaring so I am sure I would have had a bfp earlier.
With dd I got +ve @ 9dpo on ic, dollerama, and frer

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#5 of 26 Old 11-15-2010, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys.  I've decided to wait until 11/24 to test.  That will be 11-12dpo and I have the day off of work.  I'm going to try to hold out until then.  Wish me luck!

Bree - wife to Dave stillheart.gif and "mother" of Scooterdog2.gif.  Baby Elliott arrived August 2, 2011 at home in the water.  stork-boy.gif

#6 of 26 Old 11-24-2010, 09:03 PM

Both my pregnancies my BFP was after I missed AF. This time I really didn't think I was pg, but once I hit CD 30 and 31 and no AF I knew something was up and tested.

I agree with the others here that said that day 1 would be the day it spiked.

#7 of 26 Old 11-24-2010, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

With my DD I got a BFP at 9DPO with an ebay cheapo test. FRER didn't pick it up until two days later. I don't remember with my two DS's...this time i'm going to be safe and wait until 11-12 dpo...we'll see if i can last!

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#8 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 04:12 PM

With my daughter I don't know the dpo, but it was 2 days late for AF with smu and bfp was super dark. With my son we were ttc, and I tested at 8dpo with inconclusive results, clear bfp (on FRER, Dollar Store, and CBED) at 11dpo.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#9 of 26 Old 11-25-2010, 06:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Yep, 1dpo is the temp spike day.

I got a bfp on 11dpo with both kids.  I felt nauseous already and tested those days with a CB digital. I probably could have gotten a positive earlier because the CB one is only sensitive to 50 (whatever the measurement is) whereas some of the other cheapo ones are to 25.  I didn't get a BFP with the baby I miscarried until I was late, at 15dpo.  I had tested on 11dpo and 13dpo with bfn on both of them.

#10 of 26 Old 11-26-2010, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I tested early and got a BFP at 10dpo. :)

Bree

#11 of 26 Old 11-28-2010, 06:41 PM

With my first I didn't even try to test until 16 DPO and it was immediately positive.  WIth my second I started testing at 8 DPO, but was neg then.  Got BFP at 10 DPO, though faint.  I'm TTC #3 and am 16 DPO and hoping for BFP tomorrow at 17 DPO!

#12 of 26 Old 12-01-2010, 03:23 AM

With DD1 got a BFP on my first test at 6dpo

With DD2 started testing at 9dpo and did not get a faint positive until 12/13dpo and even then it was not believable until 15dpo when I finally got a positive digital test

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#13 of 26 Old 12-01-2010, 11:57 AM

I also don't know what DPO it was (because he was a lovely surprise!)...  but I do remember AF was a week late.  I didn't even realise I was late, because I had been too busy finishing, and then celebrating finishing my degree!  lol.gif  DH only clicked to it because my bbs were killing me!  Tested in the middle of the day....  and you know, I can't remember if it was dark or faint!  lol.gif

#14 of 26 Old 12-01-2010, 12:17 PM

I found out in a doctors office 9 days after conception. I had gone to the doctor for birth control, and oops!

They did a urine test and it came up positive. Then they sent me to the lab right away to get blood tests to confirm. HcG was 60. 

Date (and time) of conception was known.

#15 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtYourCervices View Post

Not exactly, unless you happened to have an extremely magnified ultrasound at the exact moment conception occured (or were using IVF). Conception is not the act of BDing/DTDing... it is the moment the egg meets the sperm, which can be up to 5 days after you BD/DTD

SO

you could possibly have (and likely did) found out earlier than 9dpo! :D

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#16 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post

Quote:

Not exactly, unless you happened to have an extremely magnified ultrasound at the exact moment conception occured (or were using IVF). Conception is not the act of BDing/DTDing... it is the moment the egg meets the sperm, which can be up to 5 days after you BD/DTD

SO

you could possibly have (and likely did) found out earlier than 9dpo! :D

LOL... I get what you're saying. I had been charting (temps & cm), and I knew when I ovulated. I also experience Mittelschmerz. I know exactly when we "dtd" that resulted in conception, as we hadn't been together for some time before or after. Actually, our daughter was conceived through "pull & pray outercourse". Kind of took me by surprise  that we conceived, even though I knew I was ovulating. I noticed my chart was triphasic, but I didn't think I was actually pregnant until the nurses/doctor told me. 

What I find interesting is that HcG #s tend to be higher earlier in pregnancy if you're pregnant with a female child. I would be interested in seeing a chart comparing the dpo the pregnancy is confirmed via hpt & the gender of the child.

#17 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Bree

Congrats Bree! :) I'm guessing you just got a bfp now and this wasn't an answer to your own post? I hope I caught that right lol

I wasn't charting w/ my first but I was over 5wks before I could get a bfp & then with my second I got a faint but no doubt about it bfp @ 10dpo w/ my second. :)

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#18 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Congrats SoonToBe!

I got my BFPs at 10 and 9dpo with my last two babes, respectively. I had a m/c in there as well and didn't get the BFP until 13dpo.

With dd1 I didn't test until a week after I missed AF!

Peaceful mama to three blissfully-birthed and incredible small people: dd10, dd7 and ds5. Always awed and so thankful to be a midwife.
#19 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonToBe View Post

Bree

Congrats Bree! :) I'm guessing you just got a bfp now and this wasn't an answer to your own post? I hope I caught that right lol

I wasn't charting w/ my first but I was over 5wks before I could get a bfp & then with my second I got a faint but no doubt about it bfp @ 10dpo w/ my second. :)

LOLROTFLMAO.gif

No, I wasn't answering my own post. :)  I was saying I ended up getting mine at 10dpo.  I tested a couple days earlier and it was negative.  I think it would have been positive at least by 9dpo though because I got the BFP on 10dpo at night.  DH was saying I was pregnant and I was adamant that I was not...it doesn't happen the first month and I didn't feel bad.  I peed on the stick to say, "See, told ya," and low and behold, there was a faint line...so I took 2 more (different brands) and they were much darker lines.

Bree

#20 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blissful_maia View Post

Congrats SoonToBe!

I got my BFPs at 10 and 9dpo with my last two babes, respectively. I had a m/c in there as well and didn't get the BFP until 13dpo.

With dd1 I didn't test until a week after I missed AF!

THANKS!

Bree

#21 of 26 Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

#1 - 14dpo, I'm not sure if would have been positive sooner

#2 - 13dpo, neg at 12 and before, doctor's blood test was neg at 13dpo but was positive at 15dpo

#3 - 12dpo, I had a dream I was pregnant (we weren't trying or anything), got up, dug through the bathroom cupboard for a test, took it, and tried to lift my jaw off the the floor as it turned positive, it was strongly positive so I'm not sure how early it would have turned positive

#4 - 8dpo I had a very faint positive I'm-not-sure-it's-really-pink positive on a dollar store test, 9dpo I had light but unmistakable positives on a dollar store test, a clearblue digital fertility monitor stick, a frer, an ept, and a clearblue

These are my 9dpo tests:

IMG_2510.JPG

#22 of 26 Old 12-04-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:

What I find interesting is that HcG #s tend to be higher earlier in pregnancy if you're pregnant with a female child. I would be interested in seeing a chart comparing the dpo the pregnancy is confirmed via hpt & the gender of the child.

my girls were both opposite sides of the spectrum on that... DD1 being my 6dpo bfp and DD2 being 13dpo bfp despite constant testing from 9dpo on and was not a glaring positive until at least 15dpo

#23 of 26 Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 AM

my girls were both opposite sides of the spectrum on that... DD1 being my 6dpo bfp and DD2 being 13dpo bfp despite constant testing from 9dpo on and was not a glaring positive until at least 15dpo

You really can get a bfp at 6dpo!? Here I was thinking that at 6dpo there was no way that I needed to worry about feeling sick etc as possible pg symptoms as I didn't think the egg even could have even implanted yet... I guess we will see...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
#24 of 26 Old 12-07-2010, 02:16 PM

by 6dpo with at least 3 of my 4 pregnancies I have been sick. With DD1 it started at 5dpo and my loss/DD2 started at 6 (or i assume, with my loss, it was about a week before my period was late)

implantation can happen as early as 3dpo, though that early is RARE. usually it happens between 5 and 8dpo with a possible range of 3-12dpo though anything beyond 5-8 is rare

#25 of 26 Old 12-08-2010, 03:48 PM

I have no idea how many DPO I was. I had missed my period by at least 2 days, though. I wasn't expecting to be pregnant that cycle as I didn't feel it but once I missed and hit CD 30 I knew something was up and I needed to test.

#26 of 26 Old 12-08-2010, 04:06 PM

I've actually heard that between 8 and 10 dpo is the most common time to implant....something like 80% of women implant then?  Maybe I've been misinformed....let me see if I can dig up that piece of info again....

ETA:  Here it is.  Now I don't know where THEY got that info.....but that's what I was going on shrug.gif

http://www.babyhopes.com/pregnancy-test-sensitivity-comparison.html

Mac + Nick Expecting someone new in late June 2014.  Remembering our 3    1 * * * 4 * * * 8 * * * 12 * * * 16 * * * 20 * * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * *  40 * * 43

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page