Cramping but no other symptoms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-23-2010, 05:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I just started to try to conceive for #2 this month.  I was due to ovulate on or about 11/12.  A few days after that I started getting very constant, mild cramping, like AF cramps but nowhere near as bad.  I still have those cramps and have had them every day but they seem to be getting less now.  I'm 11 dpo today.  The cramps were suspicious to me so I took a FRED test yesterday and a BFN.  I'm a little thrown off because as of right now, I have not really had any other symptoms, besides irritability (which could be PMS related I guess).  I haven't even had any CM except for a day or two where there was a small amount of extremely stretchy, rubbery  CM which I felt was odd. I've never really seen CM like that before.  Other than that, it's been pretty dry.  With my last pregnancy, I knew by now that I was preggo without even a test.  I had morning sickness, sore BBs, cramping, spotting, everything!

My period is due Friday and I know the best thing to do is just test then, but you guys know when you're trying to conceive, you just want to talk to others about what's going on, and it's so hard to wait!

Anyway, I guess my question is, is it possible that implantation is not completed yet which is why there is just cramping with no other symptoms? And that with my last pregnancy, I must have implanted much sooner? 

The cramps are not usual for my normal cycle.  I don't get cramps until the day of AF and they are horrendous.  I sometimes get ovulation cramping but they only last 2-3 days and it's far too late for that at this point, so something is definitely happening.  I just don't know what yet :-)

TIA!

Loving WAHM to my two little handsome DS's, '08 and '12, and loving wife to DH, '07love.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2010, 10:04 AM

I've never had a BFP, so I have no experience with pregnancy symptoms.  But I can say that my sister had AF-ish cramps with both of her prenancies, to the point that she was sure that AF was going to show, but didn't.  Unfortunately, AF and pregnancy symptoms are a lot alike, so it's hard to say what one particular symptom means until AF is late. 

I hope for you that the cramping is a good sign!

Good luck!!

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

Old 11-23-2010, 10:44 AM

The cramping really could be anything. Since they started so soon after O time, it's been going on for days, and you got a BFN, I'd speculate it's less likely to be due to pregnancy. The cramps can feel pretty similar, but I wouldn't think they'd happen days before a test was +.  It could be from the corpus luteum cyst potentially, but I'm totally just guessing--I had a large cyst like that once, and it behaved somewhat similar to what you described. There was nothing wrong or unhealthy with mine, it just happened to be pushing on something else. *shrug*

Anyway, you could totally still be pregnant--I am absolutely certain my last pregnancy implanted at 11dpo! I'm afraid I don't have any better advice than to wait for a few more days and test again. Good luck!

Mama to Alaric, my beautiful rainbow1284.gif -- born 4 weeks early on 7/3/11 at 7lb4oz.

Old 11-30-2010, 08:14 PM

I ovulated on day 20 of my cycle this month, i tested the day after my first missed period and was negative, then i read somewhere that if you ovulate late you should count 14 days from when you ovulated, thats what i did and bingo, positive test. Maybe you just need to give it a few more days. and i have been having mild cramping like very light period cramps, my dr says nothing to worry about its just your body adjusting.

best of luck to you ;D

User Tag List