creamy white cervical mucus in luteal phase proof of ovulation? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-29-2010, 10:04 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

I was just wondering, alot of women experience creamy white cervical mucus in their luteal phase. This type of mucus is apparently caused by progesterone.

If this is true, then wouldnt it be sufficient proof of ovulation? A temp shift shows the presence of progesterone, but so does creamy cm.

Just wondering, because temps is my  follicular phase this month have been a little unusual, and so its harder to read any temp shift, now that i have 'apparently' O'd. I did get the lh surge, and the ovulatory cramping, so i am almost certain I O'd.

What do you think? (not about my case, but in general)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nothing is 100% unless you have a little camera in there seeing the egg burst out but I personally can go by creamy CM as proof.

Of all the years I have spent TTC, the cycles I went by CM and tossed the OPKs, therms, pills, etc were always the ones I got pregnant in.

Generally speaking, BD until CM is true creamy.  For me, if the CM stays creamy it usually means I'm pregnant.  Usually, I would get less and a day of EWCM before I would start my period again.

Michelle, Mama to ~ F (10/06) ~ S (7/08) ~ H (2/11) ~ B (11/12)
Expecting a surprise (5/15)
Old 11-29-2010, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Not for me... I have creamy CM almost completely through my cycle... except during AF and my fertile period but as soon as they are both over, it's right back to creamy.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
Old 11-30-2010, 07:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
Generally speaking, BD until CM is true creamy.  For me, if the CM stays creamy it usually means I'm pregnant.  Usually, I would get less and a day of EWCM before I would start my period again.

if this is the pattern of your cycle, this sounds like a good plan. The creamy cervical mucus for me has definitely corresponded with the return of my normal luteal phase (previously short from breastfeeding) and i have heard that more abundant creamy cm  in the luteal phase can correspond with pregnancy. (so higher progesterone levels in both cases)...but...sounds like women have different patterns...

Must look up TCOYF and see what she says on the subject....

Still, i cant imagine  in my case how i would have the creamy cm in my luteal phase, if there had been no ovulation... a cyst maybe?

Its crazy how you cant ever, fully prove ovulation took place. Cant someone do that please?

User Tag List