Nursing Mamas TTC December - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-18-2010, 06:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Re-Joining!!  I'm not "seriously" ttc, but I'm open to any new littles that may find my way!  I just had our 3rd baby a little over two weeks ago, we had an amazing homebirth with my amazing m/w Erika Urban, I am nurisng round' the clock, on demand during the day and all through the night.  My fertility returned at 12mo with my first, and 5mo with my second. I like posting here, as I like to have a place to document my cycles, while chatting with you all!

~Samantha

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2010, 08:08 AM

Hello Ladies..

i have been TTC for almost 2 yrs. It's been a frasturating journey. I don't usually get regular periods..which means I do not ovulate regularly so it's been that much harder for me. My last cycle I was supposed to get my period around Oct 14th--it still didn't come and its Dec 18--been testing a few times and i never got a positive. My doc put me on provera--and i just finished my last pill. SHe had given me 5 pills for 5 days to push my period. I am waiting of my period to show up but it still didnt--but i did just finish my last pill yesterday 12/17/10 so im hoping any day now i get it. I have clomid waiting for me!!! lol It seems liek my period just does not want to show up. now that I finally got a slight solution..(hopefully a solution)--my period has been later than ever!!! Anyone in the same boatgrouphug.gif ?

Old 12-18-2010, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

Samantha, what a bummer that we're on such different pregnancy cycles, LOL. It's doubtful that we'll ever get to be pregnant together!! That'd be super fun. It's good to see you here! orngbiggrin.gif

lifeguard, oooooooh! I'm excited for you! I do you hope you see a nice shiny new bfp tomorrow morning ! flowersforyou.gif

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 12-18-2010, 11:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm sorry AMiG. I do know many women who suddenly O after provera though. And others who get AF a week or two later.

AFM- Does anyone here have experience with prolapse? I have a rectocele ( just now found at 20 months pp!!) and possibly a cystocele. I see a urogynecologist on Jan 3rd, but I'm wondering how this might effect my plans for future homebirth.

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

I do have a chart but I'm not sure how to share it. Does this work?

No that brought me to mine.
You go to "sharing", then "homepage setup", the address for your page should on that. (I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly how to do that) smile.gif

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 12-18-2010, 03:59 PM

I'm out. Af arrived. Put me back to waiting to be ready, thanks!

Mom to two boys and expecting a babygirl.gif in May, 2014!
Old 12-18-2010, 05:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Updated List To Here

Samantha~ Welcome back to the group. Congrats on your new addition.

Bobbys~ Sorry about AF finding you.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 12-18-2010, 08:33 PM

amig - I took provera to get my 1stppaf - I think it started about 3 days after the last pill. I am currently on my fifth cycle of clomid (3rd ovulatory).

afm - I got the tiniest bit of pink cm when I checked my cervix this evening. I suspect I'll see a temp drop in the morning & af shortly after. We'll see what tomorrow brings but I'm not very hopeful right now - in fact I'm downright disappointed.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

Old 12-19-2010, 01:30 AM

Okay - let's see if this works.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:49 AM

sorry lifeguard that takes me back to the first page. so yesterday and today my temp dropped. should i be expecting af? i am still puking, and still super smell. but still bfns. so maybe i didnt catch it and i am going to start soon. i kinda feel like it but dont have cramps like i thought i would. one way or another something has got to happen. people are really getting tired of getting their heads chewed off just to turn around and see me crying. i feel crazy. my cf is still creamy. and my os feels soft and achy. i wish i knew more about this stuff....

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

LionessMom~I'd try  and get a blood test done the one the measures the # of hcg to see if your pregnant, since you keep getting --- hpts.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 12-19-2010, 09:03 AM

i had one at 13 dpo. i think if i dont start bleeding by mon i will go back to the doc. with ds i had a "period" the first 3 mo and didnt find out i was pregn until 12 weeks. with dd1 &2 i found out at 5 weeks.

doesnt s temp drop mean af though?

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:15 AM

Oddly enough, that just brings me to the beginning of the thread.

I just checked to be sure, you go to "sharing" (on the left side of the page), then "home page setup", your address is on there near the top of the page titled, "Your Charting Home Page Web Address:"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeguard View Post

Okay - let's see if this works.

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 12-19-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post

I'm sorry AMiG. I do know many women who suddenly O after provera though. And others who get AF a week or two later.

AFM- Does anyone here have experience with prolapse? I have a rectocele ( just now found at 20 months pp!!) and possibly a cystocele. I see a urogynecologist on Jan 3rd, but I'm wondering how this might effect my plans for future homebirth.

I just finished 6 weeks of Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy to correct some mild prolapse, severe scar tissue and zero muscle strength.  It was expensive, but totally worth it.  She gave me some exercises to do to strengthen the muscles, and I am supposed to do perennial massage every few days to work out the scar tissue from my last birth.  Before I couldn't walk anywhere for more than an hour without feeling serious 'heaviness' and discomfort and having to sit down - resisting the urge to hold myself in. I'm not back to 'normal' yet, but it is SO much better.  My midwives don't think it will be a problem at all, as long as I am working to build the muscles.  I try to remember to do the exercises every time I nurse.

Okay, so I am a list kind of person, and my list keeps of all the things I am doing keeps growing as I try to get my fertility back.  Short of night weaning, here's my list, what's yours?

Day weaned a month ago, but willing to try switching days and nights and trying to night wean again... we'll see how it goes.
Natural Progesterone Cream, 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off - 1 tsp alternated between underarms, breasts, belly, inner thighs.
Red Raspberry Leaf tea, twice a day.
Maca in my green smoothies every day
1 tbsp of fish oil a day (my homeopath told me to take 8-10 tbsps a day, I'm working up to it.)

Natural Fertility supplement with Maca, Vitex and some other stuff. 

What am I missing??? I'm willing to do ANYTHING short of weaning at this point.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
Old 12-19-2010, 04:12 PM

lionessmom - I do seem to get a temp drop the day before af. Hope things become clear for you soon.

I'm not sure why my link is not working - I think I'm doing it right. Let's try one last time.

I barely slept at all last night - was too busy crying. I feel like such a fool for even allowing myself to get hopeful each month (in fact I TRY not to get hopeful). So I wasn't even able to properly temp this morning. Af is still not really here although this evening I definitely got some blood tinged cm so I'm sure it'll be here tomorrow. I see the doctor tomorrow as well - not really expecting him to say anything helpful.

On the upside we put in an offer on house today & it was accepted! It's a big property with house & barns. Lots of potential for all of our dreams.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:14 PM

Darn - it still doesn't want to work. Sorry I'm obviously inept & I don't have the patience to figure out the problem today.

Old 12-19-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post

Samantha, what a bummer that we're on such different pregnancy cycles, LOL. It's doubtful that we'll ever get to be pregnant together!! That'd be super fun. It's good to see you here! orngbiggrin.gif

lifeguard, oooooooh! I'm excited for you! I do you hope you see a nice shiny new bfp tomorrow morning ! flowersforyou.gif

I know right?! 

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 12-19-2010, 08:31 PM

So I've got a question.  I was diagnosed with MTHFR (homozygous) before I ever even conceived dd, and never had a clot or anything.  It's a long story, but my fp noticed in a blood test that I had elevated homocysteine and decided to test.  So after several cycles ttc my dd, I tried baby aspirin.  Low and behold, a cycle or two later, we got a bfp!  I took it through out my pg, with my ob's blessing, and had no problems.  Fast forward, I forgot all about it until recently.  We're on cycle 9 now of ttc #2.  I started taking epo, and baby aspirin.  I didn't even think about breastfeeding, and now I'm not sure what to do?  Does anyone have any info or experience?  I don't want to harm dd, but think it could help ttc.  From what I've read, it's such a small dose that very little comes through the milk, and it PROBABLY won't affect dd.  But probably isn't good enough for me, I need to know she's safe if I take it.  Thanks, ladies!

ETA- I had a chem pregnancy cycle #3 this time around.  Of course, there's no way to know why...

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
Old 12-19-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post

Hi GreenMamma - I have both a rectocele and a cystocele too, they shouldn't affect your birth unless they are extreme, and even then. Keep planning for your homebirth!

AFM - I got a positive on my OPK today which is two CDs earlier than last month, so even if my cycle length is the same this month I'll have a longer LP! YAY! Wish me luck ladies I am off to do some baby dancing! Sheepish.gif

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

Old 12-20-2010, 11:38 AM

Yay! I'm so glad to find this thread! I have a 13 mo. nursling, and even though I would love to have another on the way, I dont' want to wean! He's still night nursing a bit, so I'm not sure when AF will return. About a month ago I started feeling crampy/crabby, etc. and have since thought that my period would start on multiple occasions, but nothing yet. I've been POAS like a mad woman, and thought I was going crazy until I found this forum! It's nice to know there are other women going through this too, especially since this is uncharted territory for me! I was thinking I should have bought stock in HPT's! I've finally convinced myself to wait until Christmas Eve to test one last time, and then just not test anymore for the next few months (at least as long as DS night nurses). That's easier said than done, though!

You guys are in my prayers for lots of BFPs in the next few weeks! Thanks for posting this thread, it's really helpful! jumpers.gif

aj- married to JA and mami to Bug (11/09) and Critter (1/12)!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

bentlaj11~ Welcome to the group, i put you under waiting to catch 1st pp egg.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:30 PM

Marmo - The baby aspirin should be fine. I took it for about a year while breastfeeding and then during early pregnancy with my 3rd, due to a heart issue/surgery.

Old 12-20-2010, 05:11 PM

Af finally arrived this morning. Not exactly a surprise but still disappointing.

I also had my appt with the dr this morning. My cd21 progesterone syrum test showed that I did NOT ovulate. So that was seriously disappointing. That means that of the 8 cycles we've been ttc (5 with clomid & 3 without) I've only o'd twice. The dr said it's not unheard of.

Anyway, he wants me to take 2 months off & then we will start up again with the clomid & add in letrozole (I know nothing about this drug so I will have to do some research) & start doing follicular ultrasounds cd14. I'm somewhat relieved to take the break but also sad to waste more time.

I am seriously thinking of using the time to wean ds. Either way I will at best be lurking here as I don't think I'll even bother to temp for the next 2 cycles. I'm also going to try to really tighten up my diet & see if I can get my weight down some more.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

lifegaurd~ hug.gif on af showing up and the shocking news of not O'ing.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:51 PM

Hi, everyone! I'm new to this thread, so please forgive me if I have no idea what anyone is talking about, lol! I have been nursing Maya for 14 months now, and still no AF. DH and I are not trying/not preventing, but I'd like to get pregnant again sometime within the next few months. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want to night-wean Maya... I'd prefer to let her wean herself, but I keep thinking "Am I EVER gonna ovulate???" For all I know, I could have already ovulated and gotten pregnant again - I've been feeling pretty crappy the past week or so - but I took a PG test a couple of days ago and it was negative. Has anyone here gotten PG without getting their AF back? Has it taken anyone else this long (or longer) to actually get it back? Any suggestions on how to up the chances of conceiving while nursing? Thanks for all your help, ladies! :)

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!
Old 12-20-2010, 09:30 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

MayasMama88~ Welcome to the group, i put you under waiting to catch 1st pp egg. With my son i got AF back at 14/15months PP.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 PM

Mayasmama88-- Hi there!  I have an Oct '09 babe too! :)  Although I was part of the Sept DDC. . .but he came a little late and I got an Oct babe.  Anyway, I too haven't had AF back yet.  I *think* I ovulated about two weeks ago, but no AF yet, so maybe not.

I know there are certainly mamas who get pg without ever seeing AF, but I'd say that is much less common, since it often takes a few cycles to regulate enough to get pg.  I also think about nightweaning, l but have decided to wait till he's about 18 months old for that.

Anyway. . .Welcome!  I'm sure other mamas will have more info for you too.

Sorry I'm not keeping up right now, but I'm with my LO at my parents for Christmas, so I don't get much computer time.  I am still expecting AF. Still getting some random cramping, but nothing else.  I think I'm at 13-14dpo. . . .if I did indeed O.  Its easier not to obsess over it right now, while I am distracted with family and travel. 

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 12-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlaj11 View Post

Yay! I'm so glad to find this thread! I have a 13 mo. nursling, and even though I would love to have another on the way, I dont' want to wean! He's still night nursing a bit, so I'm not sure when AF will return. About a month ago I started feeling crampy/crabby, etc. and have since thought that my period would start on multiple occasions, but nothing yet. I've been POAS like a mad woman, and thought I was going crazy until I found this forum! It's nice to know there are other women going through this too, especially since this is uncharted territory for me! I was thinking I should have bought stock in HPT's! I've finally convinced myself to wait until Christmas Eve to test one last time, and then just not test anymore for the next few months (at least as long as DS night nurses). That's easier said than done, though!

You guys are in my prayers for lots of BFPs in the next few weeks! Thanks for posting this thread, it's really helpful! jumpers.gif

Welcome!  I POAS like a crazy-person too even without having had AF in two years. LOL.  At least I'm going cold-turkey for the holidays while I am at my parents house, although I had his passing thought the other day about walking to Walgreens and getting a HPT and then sneaking it back to my parents house.  What a weird addiction this is.  

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 12-20-2010, 10:02 PM

Mayasmama88 - I didn't get my ppaf after babe #3 until 4 days shy of 19 months. He did nightwean 2 weeks before and then it finally happened. With my older two children I got it back much sooner and without the need of nightweaning. You can try things like Vitex or Maca, if any type of weaning isn't what you or your babe is ready for yet.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:34 AM

I keep hearing about Vitex... what is that, exactly? (Off to research!)

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!

User Tag List