Bitter Sushi Ladies, December Edition - Page 16 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#451 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was going to do it, but my hope is down in the dumps and I am wondering if I should even be here, I can't bring myself to do it, it might feed hope greensad.gif

Whatever will be, already is...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#452 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 12:14 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Collie- I don't remember anybody volunteering. I want to do it in February because that is when the I intuitive told me I would be pregnant. (Grasping at straws?)

Welcome lilmom.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#453 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

Oh music, that goes through my mind all of the time, every time my temps are still up, but I know it is futile to get my hopes up. I can't wait to call Monday.

Does anyone know anything about these cysts? do you have to get surgery? I haven't had much luck googling, would it be an ovarian cyst? Could it be cancerous???? I scare myself with google.

Here's what I could find.  It doesn't seem to be dangerous (usually last about 2-3 weeks, although it can apparently take up to 3 months to disappear entirely yikes2.gif) - but might be something you want to bring up with your Dr on Monday?

"The C-L cyst is a normal cyst of the ovary which produces progesterone. If you become pregnant, The HCG which is the hormone we use for preg. test, causes the C-L cyst to persist and continue to produce progesterone so you don't lose the pregnancy. If there is no HCG, the C-L cyst goes away, progesterone levels drop, and you have a period. Occasionally, the C-L cyst will persist in the absence of HCG or pregnancy. This could make you have all the symptoms you describe and not be pregnant. This is sometimes referred to as "Halban's Syndrome" after a famous physician of more than 150 years ago who first described it."
#454 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM

If collieflower wants to do it in March and rcr wants to do it in February - then I'm happy to take over for this month if noone has any objections?

#455 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 01:20 PM

#456 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 01:24 PM

Welcome lilmom! I hope your stay will be short. If not, at least you are in good company. :)

I just talked with my old college roomate. It had been years since we had talked, although we used to be close friends. (We lived together because we were friends, so not matched randomly.) I told her about our secondary infertility and she actually said the sweetest thing anyone has said to me "Have you found any people dealing with the same for support, even online?" Isn't that often so true... We try to support people in things we know nothing about (and often end up saying the wrong thing). Instead, we would just acknowledge that the something is worthy of a need for support. This is a new thought for me. It just felt really nice that she acknowledged this is hard enough stuff to nees support.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#457 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 02:15 PM
rcr

So, there is a thread titled "I am so over being pregnant" down in the recent discussions list, in a ddc, I imagine. I didn't click on it, but I can guess what it says. If I was feeling a little more bitter right now, I would go tell all those whom are ungrateful to shove it. Of course, I do remember being "so over being pregnant " when I was pregnant with DS, because i was fat and uncomfortable, but when I do get pregnant again, I will never ever complaign.

I went and joined the ivf thread, in hopes of having ivf approved at my Dr appointment on Tuesday. That is, approved by my new insurance. I am nervous and excited and conflicted.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#458 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 02:17 PM
rcr

Oh- and have a great vacation MBA!

#459 of 459 Old 01-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Okay....  so at the risk of jumping on toes I went ahead and started the new thread.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page