Bitter Sushi Ladies, December Edition - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

Kinza, abstract, thank you both for your input. I feel really lost in all this. My OBGYN is the one I had for the 2nd half of my last pregnancy (we were in a different country for the 1st half) and birth. I thought he seemed fine, very practical (well, maybe a bit too practical). I'm not sure how much he's dealt with couples who are having trouble conceiving. No matter how I tried to convince him, he wouldn't so much as even do testing until we hit the 1 year mark (we're at 8 months; April will be 1 year). I'm not really excited to be pumped full of drugs, but I would like to be taken seriously when I say something is off with my body right now. And I would like to ovulate at a more reasonable time. What I do not like so much is to be lectured on how I just need to relax. eyesroll.gif

I e-mailed a doctor who is known as the fertility expert in my area, explaining my situation and asking if he would advise anything. We'll see what he says.

And I am happy to say I got a + OPK this afternoon! CD28. Hopefully, my body can follow through this time. It's already stalled twice this cycle.

Oh, and abstract, do you have a chart I could see? My temps also seem kind of low, I think. I've been wondering why. Might be interesting to compare.

Sweet.Bee--I don't get some of these doctors.  Why force people to wait until the magical 12-month-mark?  Especially when someone thinks something is up.  Don't we get any credit for knowing what goes on with our bodies?  Bah.  Sorry, girlie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Just lurking lately, trying to have a good weekend and not get too sad about ttc

MBA - glad you are feeling better.

Somebody who works at my moms assisted living asked me if I had a name for a girl yet
I wanted to say "yea but I just had a miscarriage after ttc for two years, and had a name for that baby so I am not sure if I want to name the next baby the same name, if there will be a next baby"

I just want a baby before my mom dies. I just want her to meet the baby and be well enough to hold her/him.

Sorry for no personals. I am feeling sad and self-absorbed.

rcr--I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now.  hug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Got my reminder phone call for Tuesday's hsg. Moving forward.

Good luck for a painless hsg tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Nope, he wouldn't even look at my charts.  He thinks they are pretty useless and blood tests are a better way to tell if someone is ovulating.  I totally disagree, I get tons of info from my charts.  My long cycles are definitely due to PCOS though.  I don't really hang out on the long cycles thread because on the clomid, my cycles are pretty normal length, and I usually O CD16-18 on clomid. 

Again with the doctors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

IUI tooooddaaaaaayyy! DH is there right now, probably still sitting in the waiting room. He's been texting me all the sexual references in the music playing in the waiting room because given why he's there, it's quite amusing :) My favorite was "Here Comes Santa Claus." ha!

LOL!  At least he's having fun with it, right?  Good good luck today with the IUI!

AFM:  I had my appointment with the RE today.  He found charting quaint and amusing.  He said I had no idea when I ovulated or even if I did at all.  He said that ovulation after day 18 was much too late--there could be no babies from this.  irked.gif  He focused completely on my husband's diabetes.  He wrote me a scrip for metformin and clomid 100 mg.  But he's sure I have PCOS because of my "wildly erratic cycles," delayed ovulation, high testosterone, high cholesterol, and high blood glucose levels.  I'm kind of irritated (can anyone tell?) because I have specifically asked two gynecologists in two years about PCOS and my blood sugar.  Ignored.  But at least the RE with the bad bedside manner and totally wrong information took this seriously. 

So, I guess the visit was a success, because he is suggesting a few things we can do to try to avoid IVF.  He thinks we are "acceptable" candidates for IUI.  Of course, he wants to delay lap surgery because my chronic pelvic pain may not mean endometriosis, and could be just chronic cramping.  Because apparently 22 years of cramps can be perfectly normal.  I really don't believe a word this man says, but I don't need to--he'll do the lap first if I want it, and he's given me something to get my blood sugar down, and he can shoot my husband's semen into my uterus whether he trusts charting or ultrasounds.  I know I could look for a new RE, but he's the best in this area.  I'm in a really bad mood, and I don't know why.  The doctor said everything I expected him to, nothing new.  I guess I just don't like him.  But that's ok. 

A and M, June 2012
#62 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM

Hi All

Quote:
Originally Posted by abstract View Post

Also, for those of you who may have hypothyroidism, what was the first clue? And do you have any advice on how to get a sound diagnosis? That's another avenue we didn't explore before--because doctors always told me my hormone levels were OK. But I've been noticing this time around that my temps, while the pattern looks good, are pretty low overall. And couple of articles I've found seem to indicate that the regular thyroid tests can miss hypo sometimes...

abstract, I wrote a pretty long answer to this on Saturday, but I lost it, got frustrated and just now came back... Anyway - the most important thing to remember when checking your thyroid is that the levels that many doctors and most labs call 'normal' is now considered hypothyroid.  TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) is high in a hypothyroid person, 'cause it required more to make enough thyroid hormone.  When you get your TSH checked, labs will call is normal when it is under 4.5 or 5.  A couple of medical associations, endocrinologists most importantly, now say that people who are euthyroid (Have no symptoms of hypo or hyper thyroid) are under 2 or 2.5.  There is some evidence that to get and stay pregnant, you need to be under 2. 

I had my levels checked twice, both around 4 - my GP called it normal, my naturapath is now treating me.  I have low temps - my cover line was generally 97.5 or lower, and I rarely reached 98, maybe once post O. 

You should also have your free t-3 and free t-4 - sometimes your tsh is normal and the other hormones are whacked...

ETA - My clues where - weight gain w/o reason, fatigue, sub-fertility, and finally finding out that my mom and her mom are hypothyroid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlest birds View Post

I can't say test the thyroid b/c I didn't and don't plan.  I just learned as much as a could about correcting what could be out of balance based on symptoms.  I am afraid I approach health care in a rather backward way and don't recommend it to others.  Anyway you might want to test but you probably should learn more about the different tests because it can be hard to get more than the basic minimum tests and with only those they can miss hypothyroid completely.

Hypothyroid can significantly affect TTC and often appears after you've already had one or more PGs and therefore is a cause of secondary IF.

Mine temps are pretty low, but better the last three cycles than previously.  They are now a bit higher before O and a chunk higher in TWW.  They also rise faster when I O.   In past two cycles I have had "highest temp ever" days in TWW that make me really think I'm PG.  First time over 98.0 ever was October cycle.  They were often in the 96.6-96.9 range pre-O but less so now.  Overall they are about .2 higher with fewer dips in TWW.

I made a number of changes that may have contributed to my wee improvement:

soy-free

wheat-free (low grains)

coffee-free

iodine supplements

zinc and B-complex supplements (EOD)

magnesium supplements (occasional)

I think it was dropping the soy and taking iodine that helped most.  The iodine I started about 6 mos ago.  I quit soy about 3 mos ago.  I had better temps starting 3 mos. ago.

My naturapath was adamant about soy-free (with the exception of fermented soy - tempeh, miso, sauce - on occasion).  I have researched iodine, and have heard mixed reviews.  Apparently I leave at the sea, so I don't need too much - I apparently get a lot in my locally raised food... I am going to ask the naturapth today...

rcr- hi sweets, how's things?

mba - Thinking of you! I am so glad you and dh make these things fun!

Jane - Good luck tomorrow - I have a feeling I will be getting one in January...

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#63 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinza View Post

He said that ovulation after day 18 was much too late--there could be no babies from this.

Reading this almost made me bawling.gif. I am currently on CD30 with still no ovulation. I'm really sorry the doctor was such a jerk to you, but as you said, at least he's addressing your problems. I hope that's all it takes for you to get pregnant.

Thinking of everyone here and hoping 2010 brings us all a nice surprise!

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#64 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:

Quote:

He said that ovulation after day 18 was much too late--there could be no babies from this.

Reading this almost made me bawling.gif. I am currently on CD30 with still no ovulation. I'm really sorry the doctor was such a jerk to you, but as you said, at least he's addressing your problems. I hope that's all it takes for you to get pregnant.

Ack!  Don't cry.  The doctor is not entirely correct in his sweeping statements.  I used an irked face smiley to show my annoyance with some of his remarks.  From ALL my research, ovulating late is not usually a problem.  Ovulating early can be.  But late O is fine!  I'm so sorry to have upset you.  The thing that makes O'ing late suck is that it cuts down on chances--I have not seen a bit of information suggesting that late O'ing has to be a problem.  There are ladies on this board who know they conceived in a cycle that their ovulation happened on day 95 or 110.  I should have made it much plainer that his comment about ovulation days was one of the things that I consider him to be flat-out wrong about.  hug.gif

A and M, June 2012
#65 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

There is a large population of women with wonky cycles that do not ovulate.  They bleed a bit a couple times a year.  This bleeding is not linked to ovulation - they are not ovulating.  They will not get pregnant.  There is another group of women who are ovulating, late.  They bleed 11-14 days after they ovulate.  Still might be a couple times a year.  These women can get pregnant (if they can figure out when to sex it up).  There is something going on that's wacky, and will decrease the chances of pregnancy, as all wacky hormone things can do.  But pregnancy occurs! 

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#66 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Oh my, Sweet Bee - take yourself immediately to FF, and do a search of charts with an o date after cd30 - I just did one, and it had a 27% pregnancy rate!  (Maybe not scientifically accurate, but still hopeful!

#67 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 12:11 PM

I've been lurking and had to chime in about the 'late ovulation' - out of 5 pregnancies, the only succesful one (resulting in DS) was conceived on CD 19. Some of the others were conceived nice and early, and no luck.

Oh, and with regards to doctors' disregard for charting - we've brought my charts to 2 or 3 docs and none have ever wanted to even glance at them. Our RE said "That's nice. Now you know you are ovulating. So put them away for a while and stop worrying about it".

Sorry I don't have energy to do personals today. I'm having a really hard time recovering from this miscarriage. I think it's likely because it's the third in 18 months, combined with the fact that work is insane these days and I am somewhat run off my feet. Not a good recipe for recovery. Have any of you other 'recurrent miscarriers' ever had one that you just couldn't seem to pick yourself up after? I'm also in that lovely period where everyone leaves you alone. Read: nobody bothers to call or invite you out to do anything because they think you want to be alone to recover. I always have such a hard time with people's insensitive reactions and the lack of support after miscarriages. It makes me so angry. Last time was not so bad because a few people actually dropped by with food, or sent cards and such. This time, nothing. Grrr. I shouldn't waste my limited energy on being angry, but I just can't help it and have to vent!

On the upside -  this has been such a wake up call. I realize how crazy my work situation is and I've asked for some time off. It looks like I may be able to take 5 months or so off in the spring (if our bank accounts can handle it). We may look at doing an IUI then, on the premise that I would be less likely to miscarry when I am relaxed and rested.  I'm excited to see that many of you Ladies are considering or doing IUI. Let's hope 2011 brings some GOOD LUCK for us!!! (I think I may have said that about 2010)

How do you access the smilies and stuff with this new interface???

#68 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 12:14 PM

Oops, forgot this: Jane - I guess it's time to change my 'blurb' on the front page. I've been holding off, but it's time to accept it: I've been TTC #2 for TWO YEARS with THREE miscarriages.

Thanks!

#69 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 12:14 PM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenger View Post

rcr- hi sweets, how's things?

I have sore boobs. I guess that is good. I have had sore boobs before during the tww, and AF came, but maybe that was related to nursing (I am not nursing anymore). I have wandering sadness. It started with being sad about ttc, then my mom, and then a stupid broken lamp. I got slightly happy when I found a ergo baby doll carrier for DS's bday, they are not making them anymore, but I found a small natural toy company that still has a few in stock. He is going to love it. Wish I was getting it for him to prepare for a sibling (shit, the wandering sadness just came back), Now I am sad that DS is turning three and still has no sibling. Sheesh, I should just go back to bed. Maybe I am just PMS-ey. Maybe I am pregnant. Who the hell knows. Why can't I have another baby, and why did my mom have to get Alzheimer's at the age of 55. I want a clear and specific answer for both of those things (I suppose this is why I am not religious).

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#70 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 12:15 PM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by collieflower View Post

Oops, forgot this: Jane - I guess it's time to change my 'blurb' on the front page. I've been holding off, but it's time to accept it: I've been TTC #2 for TWO YEARS with THREE miscarriages.

Thanks!

We cross-posted Collie. I am sorry. :hug

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#71 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 12:22 PM

Kinza, no, you didn't upset me. That doctor sounds really insensitive, though. I think I'm just feeling sorry for myself right now with the delayed ovulation since 30 days would have been my entire cycle a couple years ago. It's really dumb of me because I have so many things to appreciate already in life. I guess that's the TTC trap.

Still, I think I'd actually prefer a doctor to say no chance of O that late and then do something to help me, rather than blow me off like I'm a nut.

Jane, I am ovulating based on my charts, so I should be thankful for that. The ovulation is just slightly erratic and late. I wish I knew why. When we conceived our son, my cycles were much shorter. So, I'm wondering if the trouble we're having is related to that or just bad luck.

Thanks, jenger. That does make me feel better. And I think FF stats must count for something since they have so many charts to analyze. I'm just so paranoid sometimes. Sorry to be a whiner.

I had O pain last night again and was really sore around there today, so maybe I will ovulate by CD31. Yesterday's OPK was nice and dark; the day before it was just barely +. I don't know about today because I ran out of OPKs from this long cycle. But I tend to O 2 days after the last + and also 2 days after O pain.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#72 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

I want a clear and specific answer for both of those things (I suppose this is why I am not religious).

rcr - I wish I could give you clear and specific answers! I've started asking Jamie, the inuitive, questions because lately I've just been wanting answers as well. A religious friend recently tried to give me some explanations as to why he thought we couldn't carry a baby to term. I thought it would piss me off, but it actually made me feel a bit better.

#73 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 01:59 PM
rcr

Collie: Jaimie is really nice, she was actually very helpful to me when I had my last M/C.

I want a specific answer like "increase your Vitamin E intake to get pregnant" or "your mom has Alzheimer's because she was vaccinated when she traveled to Africa with high-aluminum vaccinations"  or "do acupuncture and you will get pregnant, its not a waste of money" or, "mom will die in two years, so you don't have to worry about finances too much, because she has enough to make it that long".

What did your religious friend say?

Sorry no personals (I am crossing my fingers for you O'ing Sweetbee, and welcome to our two new members though). I am just not up for it. I am sure you all understand.

#74 of 459 Old 12-06-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by collieflower View Post

I've been lurking and had to chime in about the 'late ovulation' - out of 5 pregnancies, the only succesful one (resulting in DS) was conceived on CD 19. Some of the others were conceived nice and early, and no luck.

Oh, and with regards to doctors' disregard for charting - we've brought my charts to 2 or 3 docs and none have ever wanted to even glance at them. Our RE said "That's nice. Now you know you are ovulating. So put them away for a while and stop worrying about it".

Sorry I don't have energy to do personals today. I'm having a really hard time recovering from this miscarriage. I think it's likely because it's the third in 18 months, combined with the fact that work is insane these days and I am somewhat run off my feet. Not a good recipe for recovery. Have any of you other 'recurrent miscarriers' ever had one that you just couldn't seem to pick yourself up after? I'm also in that lovely period where everyone leaves you alone. Read: nobody bothers to call or invite you out to do anything because they think you want to be alone to recover. I always have such a hard time with people's insensitive reactions and the lack of support after miscarriages. It makes me so angry. Last time was not so bad because a few people actually dropped by with food, or sent cards and such. This time, nothing. Grrr. I shouldn't waste my limited energy on being angry, but I just can't help it and have to vent!

On the upside -  this has been such a wake up call. I realize how crazy my work situation is and I've asked for some time off. It looks like I may be able to take 5 months or so off in the spring (if our bank accounts can handle it). We may look at doing an IUI then, on the premise that I would be less likely to miscarry when I am relaxed and rested.  I'm excited to see that many of you Ladies are considering or doing IUI. Let's hope 2011 brings some GOOD LUCK for us!!! (I think I may have said that about 2010)

How do you access the smilies and stuff with this new interface???

I had a really hard time after the first one (extremely emotional). But I think that was because of how far along I was and that it was so unexpected.

I also felt pretty crappy after the 3rd one. It was a rough one physically, and at that point the few people that even knew about the m/cs were a little over it, I think.

The whole recurrent miscarriage thing is exhausting and depressing. Give yourself some time if you can. hug2.gif

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#75 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 05:40 AM

hug2.gif  I felt differently with each mc. With #1 I was blinsided. I had no idea. MC was something that happened to other people. (You know, the ones who don't take care of themselevs). #2 was a shock, because well, it couldn't happen twice in a row. The doc had assured me it was a fluke thing. #2 left me with a renewed sense of optimism and determination to have another baby. With the first two I was pissed!

Strangely... #3 was the most emotionally draining. I really felt like th air/life had been drained out of me. I knew something was wrong from the beginning and I cried every day for the entire pregnancy (That one only lasted 7 weeks, the other two were 12wks). They also seemed to differ physically. #1 was the worst and then on down the line until this past month's chemical. That was easy. Either that or I'm getting desensitized to the whole mess.

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#76 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:

AFM:  I had my appointment with the RE today.  He found charting quaint and amusing.  He said I had no idea when I ovulated or even if I did at all.  He said that ovulation after day 18 was much too late--there could be no babies from this.  irked.gif  He focused completely on my husband's diabetes.  He wrote me a scrip for metformin and clomid 100 mg.  But he's sure I have PCOS because of my "wildly erratic cycles," delayed ovulation, high testosterone, high cholesterol, and high blood glucose levels.  I'm kind of irritated (can anyone tell?) because I have specifically asked two gynecologists in two years about PCOS and my blood sugar.  Ignored.  But at least the RE with the bad bedside manner and totally wrong information took this seriously. 

So, I guess the visit was a success, because he is suggesting a few things we can do to try to avoid IVF.  He thinks we are "acceptable" candidates for IUI.  Of course, he wants to delay lap surgery because my chronic pelvic pain may not mean endometriosis, and could be just chronic cramping.  Because apparently 22 years of cramps can be perfectly normal.  I really don't believe a word this man says, but I don't need to--he'll do the lap first if I want it, and he's given me something to get my blood sugar down, and he can shoot my husband's semen into my uterus whether he trusts charting or ultrasounds.  I know I could look for a new RE, but he's the best in this area.  I'm in a really bad mood, and I don't know why.  The doctor said everything I expected him to, nothing new.  I guess I just don't like him.  But that's ok. 

Ugh, I'm sorry about the crappy doctor.  I don't like my doctor either, but I will live with it since he can get me the treatments I need.  He expects to do my prenatal care too, but I am totally getting a midwife if I actually get pregnant.  

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#77 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 06:26 AM

Just stopping by to wish everyone good luck over the december period and over xmas!!

love.gif

0******8***12***16***20***24***28***32** * 36***40
#78 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 07:12 AM
rcr

Collie - Sorry you are having a hard time. I have only had one M/C, but line Eingo's first, I was completely blindsided. I thought my problem was getting pregnant, after trying for two years with perfect timing nearly every month - not staying pregnant. So then I went and m/c'ed and have to start all over again. I was as much pissed as I was sad. I wish I had some advice for you, but I don't. I imagine it is different with every M/C.

AFM -= my boobs still hurt. What could this mean? I am 11 dpo today. I suppose I should test, but I have really been trying to not become a test-aholic like some months, when I POAS many times a day with the same result. I am going to wait until AF is due on Friday. Maybe after that, if she does not arrive.

Nice to see you CLH. How are  you doing? And Tear, and Maurine, Hi! If you are still reading.

#79 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigo View Post

hug2.gif  I felt differently with each mc. With #1 I was blinsided. I had no idea. MC was something that happened to other people. (You know, the ones who don't take care of themselevs). #2 was a shock, because well, it couldn't happen twice in a row. The doc had assured me it was a fluke thing. #2 left me with a renewed sense of optimism and determination to have another baby. With the first two I was pissed!

Strangely... #3 was the most emotionally draining. I really felt like th air/life had been drained out of me. I knew something was wrong from the beginning and I cried every day for the entire pregnancy (That one only lasted 7 weeks, the other two were 12wks). They also seemed to differ physically. #1 was the worst and then on down the line until this past month's chemical. That was easy. Either that or I'm getting desensitized to the whole mess.

hug.gif I have been desensitized to the whole TTC business. enigo, maybe we will end up in the same DDC with sticky babies fingersx.gif

(I am trying so hard to be an optimist)

I forgot to ask, where are you in this cycle? I am confused by my temps, wondering if it is my thermometer.

Whatever will be, already is...

#80 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 09:57 AM

Hi Mamas! I posted in 40+ yesterday, but was part of this group last time I was here. I had been an active member of Mothering Forums for many years, but haven't been around lately.

Brief history... I am 40 years old, mama to an almost nine year old girl and a two year old girl. First one was an 'oops'. The second was planned, but didn't come easily. I tried everything... TCM, acupuncture, charting/temping, all kinds of supplements, you know the routine. She took over a year of TTC naturally plus six rounds of fertility treatments (100mg Clomid/Gonal-F). DH wanted another, but our insurance changed and now all fertility treatments will have to be out of pocket. Bah... or so we thought. I should mention we have not used any sort of protection in years, therefore we haven't really stopped TTC. I just didn't think it would happen. Bitter? Yeah, you could say that.

My cycles have been consistently 32 days long since six weeks postpartum. I am a personal trainer and in October switched to a 90% paleo diet. Paleo is how people ate thousands of years ago. The basics: lean meats, seafood, eggs, lots of fresh veggies and fruit. I eat animal protein at every meal. No grains, no dairy, no sugar, nothing processed. I have dropped eleven pounds since mid-October! In addition, I had read that switching to Paleo can improve fertility. DH and I even joked about it a few weeks ago... "Hey honey, I'm ovulating!" winky.gif

Well, this is what I saw this morning: pos.gif  yikes2.gif faint.gif biggrinbounce.gif

While I am giggling like a school girl this morning, I am nervous. I have a long history of m/c. BUT... the only thing that has changed is my diet. Check out Paleo. I just wanted you to know. orngbiggrin.gif

janie
mama to grace 12.11.01, cady 8.11.08, and ada 8.3.11
#81 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

Quote:

hug.gif I have been desensitized to the whole TTC business. enigo, maybe we will end up in the same DDC with sticky babies fingersx.gif

I forgot to ask, where are you in this cycle? I am confused by my temps, wondering if it is my thermometer.

I am 10 dpo. I tested this morning (even though I swore I wouldn't test at all this cycle, much less this early) and I can't tell if I think I see something.

What about you?

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#82 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

Quote:

I am 10 dpo. I tested this morning (even though I swore I wouldn't test at all this cycle, much less this early) and I can't tell if I think I see something.

What about you?

I have no idea. My temps are wonky. I may test for the heck of it, but I am not expecting anything. I am having sore boobs, and that is a PMS thing for me. I hope you are really seeing something, and it sticks fingersx.gif

Whatever will be, already is...

#83 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 03:07 PM

Good luck Beloved and enigo! Jane, how as the hsg?

#84 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Hsg was fine.  Not painful at all. 

Right tube = fine.  Uterus = fine.  Left tube = no dye at all passed, likely blocked?  That's the side the ectopic was on. 

Labs all back, karotyping was fine, no anti-phospholipid or anti-cardiolipin issues. 

We're on for femara/progesterone in January. 

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#85 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 04:08 PM

I'd like to join here if I could?  My name is Dana and DH and I have been TTC for a little over two years.  We are both 36 and have been through all the infertility testing, diagnosed as unexplained infertility.   We have had one failed IUI and this cycle we are just doing Clomid (I seem to ovulate on my own but don't make enough progesterone for a decent luteal phase).  Bitter is exactly how I feel right now.  I'm so tired of everyone (especially my MIL) and all their "helpful" comments.  The recurrent conversation right now is that I don't have enough faith to be blessed by God.  DH and I are Christians, but I do not believe that God is a genie and I need to say and do things in some certain way to "get something" from Him.  Blerg.  I wish no one knew that we are even trying, but then we would have to deal with questions about that too. 

Don't mean to be a downergreensad.gif  I just feel like I am at the breaking point.  It would be nice to say that I could walk away from TTC for a while, but I think most of us know that even if we aren't talking about it we are still counting our days and hoping through each TWW.  Bleh...

Married to DH 10/06 TTC#1 since 11/08
#86 of 459 Old 12-07-2010, 05:44 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Reading this almost made me bawling.gif.

Sorry for crashing your discussion thread but I saw this and on the main page and meant to reply earlier.  I've O'd and gotten pg on CD24. I don't know where this doctor gets off saying what he did. grrr.  Hope it helps....

Mama to my cutie girlie luxlove.gif for 2 years and one on the way bouncy.gif (7/7/11)!
#87 of 459 Old 12-08-2010, 03:00 AM

WELCOME, INDIANAGRL! Hope your stay will be short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagrl View PostThe recurrent conversation right now is that I don't have enough faith to be blessed by God. 

I am sitting here, pretty much yelling at the computer.... Those people..................................... Well, sooner or later something not so nice will happen to them. Is that then also a product of their lack of faith? I am really disgusted that someone would think that, and even more so, that they would be dumb enough to actually say it. I have known of the types that think the better Christian you are, the more (material possessions) God will give you. There sure seems to be a lot of evidence to the contrary.... Anyway, breathing slowly and trying to let go. Would like to meet these people, though... BTW, I am a Christian. No one has ever even suggested anything like this to me. People just keep praying for us and hoping with us. Maybe these relatives are not praying enough or their faith is too weak. ;)

I am probably 1 dpo. I want to give birth to an adopted child. (Yes, I am at that point of insanity. If I cannot adopt, at least then I want to give birth to a little orphan... I know... nuts!) I took soy the past two cycles and stopped before this one. This cycle has actually seemed stronger (really felt ovulation) BUT I ovulated a day or two later. Not sure whether soy could help me or not. I mainly stopped because I don't want that level of TTC. I have been at this too long to always keep trying this and that (or I have already tried it all.. ha ha). I will start progesterone cream soon and try to live "normally." I do pretty well until the last week of the cycle. That one is haaard. I am more at peace now, though, than I was just a cycle ago. I hope to keep it that way.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#88 of 459 Old 12-08-2010, 06:43 AM

Welcome Indianagrl!  I'm sorry people are being so ridiculous.  It is really hurtful when people suggest it is your fault.  I think its pretty clear that the quality of people's actions and thoughts don't determine whether they get what they want.    

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#89 of 459 Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 AM
rcr

Welcome Indiangrl. Sorry about comments people make. We deal with that all the time (not the Christian thing, we aren't Christian, but people constantly asking when we are having another, etc...). It is exausting.

AFM- I am feeling like I may be pregnant. I feel like this all the time, and AF has showed up. My boobs are sore, and that had not happened in a long time. Maybe it is related to stopping BF though. I also had huge O pains this cycle, which rarely happens at all and never that painful. I am afraid to test. I know it is silly, but the last time I ended up pregnant I did not test until something like CD 18 or 19, because I was cleaning out my mom's house and did not have my stash of tests handy. I kinda knew I was pregnant, since AF did not show up. Every other month I have been at home and tested like crazy every day, many times a day, sometimes as early as CD 5 or 6. I am trying to hold out until Friday or Saturday. I would love to join Tear and Maurine in the August ddc. I actually lurked over there yesterday (bad, bad, bad).

#90 of 459 Old 12-08-2010, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

WELCOME, INDIANAGRL! Hope your stay will be short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianagrl View PostThe recurrent conversation right now is that I don't have enough faith to be blessed by God. 

I am sitting here, pretty much yelling at the computer.... Those people..................................... Well, sooner or later something not so nice will happen to them. Is that then also a product of their lack of faith? I am really disgusted that someone would think that, and even more so, that they would be dumb enough to actually say it. I have known of the types that think the better Christian you are, the more (material possessions) God will give you. There sure seems to be a lot of evidence to the contrary.... Anyway, breathing slowly and trying to let go. Would like to meet these people, though... BTW, I am a Christian. No one has ever even suggested anything like this to me. People just keep praying for us and hoping with us. Maybe these relatives are not praying enough or their faith is too weak. ;)

I am probably 1 dpo. I want to give birth to an adopted child. (Yes, I am at that point of insanity. If I cannot adopt, at least then I want to give birth to a little orphan... I know... nuts!) I took soy the past two cycles and stopped before this one. This cycle has actually seemed stronger (really felt ovulation) BUT I ovulated a day or two later. Not sure whether soy could help me or not. I mainly stopped because I don't want that level of TTC. I have been at this too long to always keep trying this and that (or I have already tried it all.. ha ha). I will start progesterone cream soon and try to live "normally." I do pretty well until the last week of the cycle. That one is haaard. I am more at peace now, though, than I was just a cycle ago. I hope to keep it that way.

LTB - Maybe this is lingo I don't know, but I don't understand what you're talking about. Would you explain for me?

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page