Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

#182 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

Ladies... Really, what are the chances of not conceiving due to coffee? This question frustrates me greatly. I had no caffeine while getting and being pregnant with dd. However, coffee in moderate amounts makes me so happy and energized and it frustrated me to no end to give it up and that not helping. So, at the moment I am happily drinking it. (And ours is really strong stuff, compated to the normal USA coffee.)

I am  making our home really colorful for Christmas and am loving it! When I was hypo, all I wanted was simple stuff, nothing extra, etc. Since being on medication, I feel like I am making up for the lost color during the lost years. Now I was color and patterns. :)

I wish we could all meet. Want to come over? I will make that strong coffee and we can dance in the snow (for those who like snow) and laugh and cry...

LTB - You do NFP, right? Have your read Marilyn Shannon's book? She recommends cutting both caffeine and sugar if TTC. I had cut back my caffeine intake dramatically up until the second half of last cycle. But I'm tired of depriving myself. I'm still trying to be mindful of intake, but I'm not trying to cut it completely anymore. I like it too much. And so far I'm still losing babies - coffee or no coffee.

And I'd love to come over. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

I'm getting more into Christmas decorating this year. Yes, we're a Jew (him) and a fake Jew (me), but Christmas is alive and well in our household. Which is why I haven't converted officially. I refuse to give up my Christmas. Absolutely my favorite time of year. Everything feels okay on Christmas. This year I officially started my "deliberate" Christmas collection (aside from things I've just acquired from DH's mom's collection and things my mom gave us). Everything is red, gold and white. I avoid overt religious themes and stick with more winter/peppermint/candy cane/snowflake themes. My house is shiny :D

How is everyone out there in the peanut gallery today? (Who came up with that phrase "peanut gallery" anyways?) I went out early this morning and bought myself a 3-pack of FRERs to test and I got a nice solid BFN at 9 dpo-- a phrase I never thought I'd use to describe a BFN-- so now I know the hCG is out of my system from the trigger shot, and I can test on my own two more times. I'm going to do one test on 11 dpo (Friday morning) and another on 13 dpo (Sunday morning). My beta is on Monday anyways. I'm really hoping for a BFP on either of those days because then I can do a beta right after, and then maybe another on Wednesday and then Friday of that week to confirm doubling... 

Your house sounds beautiful! Each year I decorate a little more than the year before. I'm really happy with my decorating so far this year. I have plans to try to stock up on more decorations after Christmas (on clearance) for next year. I'd like to eventually have enough stuff to decorate with different color schemes each year - red and gold, silver, hot pink and green, blues, etc.

Good luck with the HPTs!! We need a BFP!

AFM - I forgot to share my good news with you guys. It's OT, but please forgive me. I passed my last final on Monday!! I graduate with my BS in nursing Friday afternoon. I'm so pumped!

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#183 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:

How is everyone out there in the peanut gallery today? (Who came up with that phrase "peanut gallery" anyways?)

I think it was from a kids show in the 50s or something, my parents refer to the show sometimes, but I forget the name.  

Congratulations lavatea!  That must feel so good to be able to wrap up all that hard work!

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#184 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

LTB - You do NFP, right? Have your read Marilyn Shannon's book? She recommends cutting both caffeine and sugar if TTC. I had cut back my caffeine intake dramatically up until the second half of last cycle. But I'm tired of depriving myself. I'm still trying to be mindful of intake, but I'm not trying to cut it completely anymore. I like it too much. And so far I'm still losing babies - coffee or no coffee.

Congratulations, lavatea! That is really big news! How wonderful!

Yes, that is actually THE book that made me first self-diagnose my hypothyroidism. However, at this point I just find it a bit frustrating. I cannot endlessly take another supplement and think of this or that problem. Coffee is now in that category for me. I considered it poison when I was pregnant with dd (sugar, also) and never had any coffee. But it has been so many years and giving it up makes me more weepy and frustrated, so I think I am just going to have it. I mean years of not having any caffeine did not help me conceive...

About homes and style: Simplicity is great and I strive to maintain that. However, with hypo I would have liked white walls and like one chair in a room, so something very extreme. It was like my mind just could not deal. I still don't like little knick knacks (is that even how you spell it) but our home looks much more cozy now.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#185 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 10:01 AM

#186 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

I am so so so so so so sorry.   I didn't even think of it that way when I named it.  mecry.gifYou are right, I did do it as a positive motivation/visualisation....   after 4 losses in the past 2 years I guess I'm trying to get out of my own "sad place"...  it was definitely not meant be gloating in any way....  actually the polar opposite.

I know it's easy to type words on a screen, but please know that I am absolutely devastated that I have caused any bad feelings.....  I am literally sitting trying to type through my tears.

I have changed the thread title - and I hope you ladies accept my most sincere apology.  greensad.gif

Oh sweetie, really I don't think you had to change it. Speaking just for myself here, but I think since this is the Bitter Sushi Ladies we feel entitled to grumble about things we *know* aren't meant to cause offense.

Much as I'm sad that TTC isn't going smoothly for me, I really do not wish these problems on anyone and I'm happy that there are lots of successful pregnancies out there... and the ladies who get a BFP shouldn't feel bad about it because of me!!!

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#187 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 10:35 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Quote:

Are you ladies making new year's resolutions? I don't usually do it formally, but I like thinking about approaching the new year (and MY new year, since my birthday is a few days into January!) with some goals. This year, my goals are

1) get pregnant (ha ha)

2) learn how to enjoy poetry, which I've always largely ignored or been bored by

3) get my house organized and finally finish putting things into tubs in the basement

4) lose weight, or gain it because of baby

5) make everything feel simpler. get up early enough to have a nice breakfast, own less stuff, take time to take a bath and relax

6) continue belly dance and get better at it 

What are yours?

I don't know. Get pregnant, or start to pursue adoption if I am not pregnant by March (when I turn 37). Find the money for adoption. Nothing else seems to matter right now. I guess getting tenure would be nice too :)

I love that "get pregnant" comes before "get tenure" :D But yeah, it comes before all of my priorities, too... mostly because "the rest of my life" is just waiting on that one thing to get started... everything else I'm doing right now is just waiting to see what happens.

rcr-- I can't believe that story about your DH! He never got any compensation for that sort of injury??? What if it had been his face? What if it had been a five-year-old's face? Oh man... I can't even imagine. How horrible. There are safety rules about these things for a reason! Yikes. I'm glad he's okay, and I really hope if it affected his fertility that there's something that can be done :(

I've been doing a lot of visualization. I imagine a tiny embryo implanting, I imagine my uterus being a warm and soft and comfortable place, I imagine all the parts of my body all working together to make it more relaxed and stress-free and hospitable... I imagine us holding and caring for a small baby, girl or boy... all the stuff that makes me also feel sad :( But I'm trying to stay positive. I'm starting to become concerned about the role stress & anxiety might be playing for me in all of this.

Yea, it would be nice to get tenure, since I will loose my job if I don't and my career will be over (my back-up plan is to go back to school to become a nurse), but really, for the last year or so my mind has been on ttc more than loosing my job. Plus I feel like I am in a pretty safe place as far as getting tenure goes. I publish more than most of the men (since they are all men) at my job, and often get better teaching evaluations than them.

No, DH did not get any compensation. He probably could have, but he was too embarrassed about the whole thing to tell them. Seems like such a guy thing to do. I could totally have demanded a bunch of compensation (and fertility testing/treatment).

I have been trying the visualization thing too. Hope it works soon. It is really hard to push the image of the infertile me out of my brain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Quote:

How is everyone out there in the peanut gallery today? (Who came up with that phrase "peanut gallery" anyways?)

I think it was from a kids show in the 50s or something, my parents refer to the show sometimes, but I forget the name.  

Congratulations lavatea!  That must feel so good to be able to wrap up all that hard work!

Congrats Lavatea from me too. I love it when people graduate, especially when they are not the traditional student just out of high school. I get teary-eyed at every graduation I go to.

I think it was howdy-doody. that had the peanut gallery.

Quote:

Thank you! There are some pictures of the house on my blog, although none of my Christmas decorations yet. I still need to clean a LOT more, ugh. By Saturday it should be ready for company, so I'll take some pictures :) After-Christmas sales are the best! I bought some of those big fancy expensive ornaments (one's a peacock that you clip on the top of the tree) for next to nothing because they were 90% off one year! Crazy. Our little fake tree (I bought it back when I was a teenager) is all blue, turquoise, white and silver, in a different room from the red and gold things :)

I'm so torn because I love and thrive on simplicity, but we have a lot of stuff. Like, a LOT a lot. Three houses' worth of DH's parents things, plus his things, plus my things. We have a large basement, and it's chock full like a hoarder's house. We've had the junk guys out several times and they've taken away truckloads of things my FIL had hung on to for no discernible reason-- old broken TVs, computer monitors, cheap office furniture, broken file cabinets, lamps, folding chairs from 30 years ago, everything. But there's also a lot of valuable furniture that we'd be idiots to throw away, and old family heirlooms, and fancy things, and antiques... lots of things that are worth keeping for their value alone even if I don't like them. So it's a battle of where to store things. Our mantle is always crowded, but at least with nice things and not silly knick knacks (you spelled it right!), although it's still more clutter than I'd like. We own THREE SETS of china, plus a mishmosh set of informal china, plus everyday china for the kitchen. No one needs that much!!! But it's all from DH's family (except for the one from our wedding registry), and the stuff left behind is basically ALL he has left of them :(

So I'm cramming cabinets and sideboards and hutches full of things, trying to get it out of the way, and basically throwing away/freecycling & donating all of my things that I really don't need because nothing I brought into this house is as nice as the stuff FIL brought. I like the uncluttered look, and when the house is "clean & clear" we both feel so, so much better about life in general.

Ok, s I am going to go check out your blog now. I looked at it once before, btw.

We also have a bunch of stuff since I moved my mom out of her house. Our house is tiny - 1,200 sqq. ft. We have not put up our xmas tree yet because it is kinda a pain to have around because it takes up hald the livnig room and DS has no place to play. Plus the cats knock off the orniments. We are putting it up on Sunday. We do have enough outside xmas lights to put the Griswalds to shame. We actually belw a fuse because we have so many. I never had outside xmas lights as a kid, so I make DH put them up every year and get a bunch of them on sale after xmas. I love them.

AFM - I totally forgot to temp this morning. I am such a horrible temp'er. Glad you all were so chatty this morning - I took the dog to the vet and had a long wait so I had a bunch of stuff to read while I was waiting (on my phone).

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#188 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

MUSICOHOLIC, if you are reading, I am sure no one took it personally and in any way against you as a person. Just hurts, that is all, and it is more, IMO, a problem with MCD and not being able to minimize certain forums or threads. So.. Thank you for your sensitivity. Please, don't feel bad!

Thank you smile.gif  My problem is the I'm the one that holds things against me...  eyesroll.gif  I know it hurts...  but stupidly I didn't even think about the repercussions for some reason when I named it.... 

Quote:

Oh, now I feel bad that you read that and got upset.  I guess I didn't pay attention to who had started the thread and whether they might be reading over here.  I'm sorry, I knew it was meant in a positive way and I didn't mean to force you to change it, I guess I just felt like this was a safe place to complain about it.   Thank you for caring, but I'm sorry I said anything now, I didn't mean to upset anyone.  greensad.gif  

I just responded to your PM (thank you smile.gif).  Please don't feel bad...  usually I'm the first to pick up on something I've done/about to do that could cause potential heartache... but for some reason this time it needed to be pointed out to me.  Thank you hug2.gif

Quote:

musicoholic-- don't stress, hun. I'm sure no one was ever as upset as you've been now about it :hug I know the feeling of "oh no! I tried to do a good thing and I did a bad thing! I shouldn't have done anything at all!" and I feel badly for you that you're feeling that way now.

Thanks hun hug2.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laggie View Post

Oh sweetie, really I don't think you had to change it. Speaking just for myself here, but I think since this is the Bitter Sushi Ladies we feel entitled to grumble about things we *know* aren't meant to cause offense.

Much as I'm sad that TTC isn't going smoothly for me, I really do not wish these problems on anyone and I'm happy that there are lots of successful pregnancies out there... and the ladies who get a BFP shouldn't feel bad about it because of me!!!

Thanks smile.gif ...  but I changed it for me as well as you ladies over here.  That sounds a bit selfish...  hopefully I can explain.  It's my first time as "threadmistress", so I guess I was stupidly optimistic and all that (which is how I am IRL - but completely unlike me when it comes to TTC).  Then once all those bfps started coming through...  well....  I'm happy for them, but it's just making me more miserable.  I don't think I'll be doing it again for a while.  As it is, I've only been checking the thread to update the frontpage..................................  then coming to stalk over here redface.gif.  I'm going through a lot of the emotions that are in this thread, so relate more to you ladies that to the others.  I just don't quite feel like I've been actively TTC long enough to belong over here though.

Thanks again ladies grouphug.gif blowkiss.gif flowersforyou.gif

#189 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:

Oh, now I feel bad that you read that and got upset.  I guess I didn't pay attention to who had started the thread and whether they might be reading over here.  I'm sorry, I knew it was meant in a positive way and I didn't mean to force you to change it, I guess I just felt like this was a safe place to complain about it.   Thank you for caring, but I'm sorry I said anything now, I didn't mean to upset anyone.  greensad.gif  

Don't you dare feel bad, Kyamo. This is absolutely a safe place where you can vent and say whatever it is you're feeling.  Your bringing that up was a positive thing because look at all the nice love in the room now. love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicoholic View Post

Thanks smile.gif ...  but I changed it for me as well as you ladies over here.  That sounds a bit selfish...  hopefully I can explain.  It's my first time as "threadmistress", so I guess I was stupidly optimistic and all that (which is how I am IRL - but completely unlike me when it comes to TTC).  Then once all those bfps started coming through...  well....  I'm happy for them, but it's just making me more miserable.  I don't think I'll be doing it again for a while.  As it is, I've only been checking the thread to update the frontpage..................................  then coming to stalk over here redface.gif.  I'm going through a lot of the emotions that are in this thread, so relate more to you ladies that to the others.  I just don't quite feel like I've been actively TTC long enough to belong over here though.

Thanks again ladies grouphug.gif blowkiss.gif flowersforyou.gif

And don't you feel bad either.  You are one sweet and thoughtful lady, and I was touched at how sincerely you expressed a really nice response.  From my perspective, this thread is open to anyone who feels like this is the place for them.  We are all on very different paths and have heartache of all sorts.  It's that diversity that makes this such a great place, where we are all constantly learning from one another.  I found myself reading this thread more and more, and then exclusively (aside from the loss forums) and that's how I initially joined. 

grouphug.gif this place brings me a lot of hope

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#190 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 06:31 PM
rcr

About the coffee issue- I can't bring myself to quit just because of ttc. The same goes with wine. Otherwise I would have lived two years now without either of them. I typically drink two glasses of coffee a morning.

So, totally OT. My DS gets up about an hour after me every morning and it is really dark in the bedroom (we sleep together still). When he gets up and walks into the living room every morning he covers his eyes and says "too bright" in a cute little sleepy toddler voice. He also tells me to turn off the sun. This morning I had sunglasses waiting for him and he put them on and smiled and said "all better". innocent.gif

And musicoholic, don't worry about the title. Its the truth. They are super-fertile over there. Annoyingly fertile. Not that I would wish this on anybody, but it is nice to have all you ladies to commiserate with so I don't feel so alone.

Btw- I asked the intuitive when I would be pregnant again. She said February. I am totally going to be threadkeeper in Feb just to increase my chances. Maybe we will be doing ivf by then.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#191 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:

About the coffee issue- I can't bring myself to quit just because of ttc. The same goes with wine. Otherwise I would have lived two years now without either of them. I typically drink two glasses of coffee a morning.

So, totally OT. My DS gets up about an hour after me every morning and it is really dark in the bedroom (we sleep together still). When he gets up and walks into the living room every morning he covers his eyes and says "too bright" in a cute little sleepy toddler voice. He also tells me to turn off the sun. This morning I had sunglasses waiting for him and he put them on and smiled and said "all better". innocent.gif

And musicoholic, don't worry about the title. Its the truth. They are super-fertile over there. Annoyingly fertile. Not that I would wish this on anybody, but it is nice to have all you ladies to commiserate with so I don't feel so alone.

Btw- I asked the intuitive when I would be pregnant again. She said February. I am totally going to be threadkeeper in Feb just to increase my chances. Maybe we will be doing ivf by then.

So cute! I love toddlers.

What is the intuitive?

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#192 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scarletjane View Post

And don't you feel bad either.  You are one sweet and thoughtful lady, and I was touched at how sincerely you expressed a really nice response.  From my perspective, this thread is open to anyone who feels like this is the place for them.  We are all on very different paths and have heartache of all sorts.  It's that diversity that makes this such a great place, where we are all constantly learning from one another.  I found myself reading this thread more and more, and then exclusively (aside from the loss forums) and that's how I initially joined. 

grouphug.gif this place brings me a lot of hope

Thank you.  I have found that I am (stalkingredface.gif) much more over here...  and spending a lot more time in the Hope Healing & Conceiving thread than I have in the "general" arena.  Such a teenage feeling - but I don't really feel like I "fit in" anywhere at the moment lol.gif

Quote:

Depressingly fertile eyesroll.gif

#193 of 459 Old 12-15-2010, 09:59 PM

#194 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 02:52 AM

9 dpo and temp went wayyy up... I assume because my sore throat also got worse. Ha! I will start the testing routine soon, prob. tomorrow. About 5 days worth of tests in the mornings and then the total break down. I know it will come this month. Perfect timing, preseed and progesterone cream, felt ovulation strongly. It just does not get better than this cycle for me. Then, after a couple of days I will go back to researching adoption and looking for a loop hole in the process and my country's rules. I guess I will get af right before Christmas. :( Which means I will be super emotional in church.... which is kind of okay, though. We go to a beautiful monastery, where the nuns are all like the closest friends to us and there are only a couple of other familiest that come there (one lady with lots of miscarriages and a nice older man with cancer. So, actually great company for someone feeling sad.)

Dh has his last tests at school today and then time off until some time in Jan. He has been SO busy with school that this is nice, esp. so for dd. I also would like to be married to him, not his math and physics books.

Still in love with my progesterone cream, as I have non of the continuous cramping.

I think we all think of this, anyway, so I am going to ask. (Hoping I am not making anyone feel worse, if the possibility of a pregnancy seems remote, like for me.) What will you do when (ok, if for at least me) you find out you are pregnant?

I have felt so broken about this for soooo long that I think I would just go somewhere by myself and cry for a long time. Then... I don't know. I would NOT do the to me super annoying things like writing on a blog or in an e-mail "Great news! Guess what..... We have a little surprise.... I am PREEEEEGNANT!" Because I just find that super annoying. You are excited... great! But no one, outside of grandparents, maybe, is equally excited, and you are making it sounds like you have a great surprise for them... whereas it is really for yourself. Anyway, I think I would only tell dh and rather soon dd. She has been waiting for years and knows babies don't always make it. I would probably wait to tell dh's parents. If I ever get pregnant again, it will be quite the sacred mystery for me.... not just a cause for joy, so I think I would want to hold the matter in my heart, quietly, for quite some time, before sharing with people who might say something annoying. (Like "I always knew it would happen!" Ummmm..... No, you did.. you hoped, maybe, but you sure had no way of knowing.)

Both yesterday and today the word "bitter" has been on top in my posts, as I am afraid you can really see. I have some friends, actually really nice people, who's kids are a real trigger to me. I don't like how they are taken care of, etc. The parents are just like "good, old 70's parents"... kind of the kind I had, yack. BTW, I would never say or write this elsewhere, so when I am super negative and bitter, this is basically the only place where I really let it all out. I am a very judgmental person and want prefection out of everyone! (I am still working on it, after all these years.)

I am so hoping for you MBA! Actually, I am hoping more for you than for me, so that is a lot. I remember what it was like to take care of other people's babies and hope for one of our own. (Although that only lasted for 3 months for me. I had to quit because we moved.)

Wishing you all strength this Christmas time!

#195 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 04:24 AM

Scarletjane – Thanks for the understanding about not wanting to be around families with lots of kids. It’s so good to have people who can relate. If I commented on it to any of my ‘real life’ friends, they would think I was awful, I’m sure. On a positive note: DS’s school holiday concert was held this morning, and I managed to go and enjoy it completely, without feeling jealous or unworthy or less-than everyone else even though the room was filled with Mummies with their babies in cute little carriers. [sigh of relief]

MBA – I was going to take time off work without pay (I have saved up so much money over the past two years to take time off with a second baby and since it’s just not happening, I figure I might as well spend it on the one baby I do have), but I visited my doc yesterday and he told me I should take sick time (that’s what everyone at work tells me too, and here in Canada we get 55% employment insurance when we are off sick). So I think that’s what I will be doing, I hope! Cross your fingers that nothing derails this plan.

Yes, Northern Canada and Costa Rica may be slightly different vacation experiences ;)  Do we want cold, rugged and buggy, or hot, humid and buggy?

I am relieved for you that you don’t have to attend a gazillion baby showers and spend a tonne of time around pregnant ladies. Sometimes you just need to give yourself a break!

Your Aunt sounds hard to deal with. It’s easy to say that medicine is poison when you don’t need it, you know to treat your cancer, or take the edge of your migraines or get pregnant!  I bet you deal with her graciously though.

LessTraveledBy – Be careful what you offer ; ) I am often in Geneva!

Sweet Bee – Good luck with the house plans! That’s so exciting.  Owning your home is such a nice feeling.

Lavatea – CONGRATULATIONS! That is a really big deal! I hope you are going to have a big celebration. We never celebrated me finishing my Master’s and I have always felt a lack of closure.

Rcr – It sounds like you are a clear candidate for tenure.  didn’t realize that professors lost their jobs if they didn’t get tenure.  That’s a crazy amount of pressure.  I thought for a while about a career in academics, but the pressure to publish was not appealing to me at all.  I’m very impressed that you manage to handle it so well.
And yes, it is SUCH a guy thing to not report an incident like that! 

My two cents on coffee – well, this will be more of a ramble. I LOVE coffee. And I generally stop drinking it when TTC and pregnant (which of course was most of the time over the past two years). But for me, I think it’s the sugar that causes the problems (I put a LOT in my coffee).  I had a 1 year period in which we couldn’t conceive, but since then we’ve conceived twice, and I think both had at least something to do with a low-carb, no sugar diet. At least, that’s what I am telling myself so I can try it again in the New Year.  After every miscarriage, I give myself a month of complete hedonism; I drink coffee, eat tonnes of chocolate and drink like a fish (ok, so I have a drink every couple of days). This time around, the post-miscarriage interval just happened to fall over Christmas and New Year’s so I am not complaining. Bring on the peanut butter balls!

And on visualization – I have raved about her before, but anyone interested in visualization may want to check out Julia Indichova’s book ‘The Fertile Female’. I honestly believe that my last pregnancy was due in part to attending her workshop and religiously doing daily visualizations.

#196 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 06:31 AM

LessTraveledBy  - a sore throat was the first sign I was pregnant.  Started at about 10/11dpo.  Why can't I find the fingers crossed smilie?  :fingersx  :)

MBA - :fingersx!

#1 stork-boy.gif born after IVF.

#197 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurine View Post

LessTraveledBy  - a sore throat was the first sign I was pregnant.  Started at about 10/11dpo.  Why can't I find the fingers crossed smilie?  :fignersx  :)

Thanks for the encouragement! :) The trouble is that dh also has a sore throat and somehow I doubt his is from pregnancy. ;) Also, dd just had the same thing some days ago.

Collieflower... You are welcome here, any time, although I am faaar off from Genova. Like maybe a 2.5 hr flight or something. I do live almost next to the int'l airport, though.

I also do really well on a low-card diet (as in way of eating). I don't put any sugar in my coffee, so that is not an issue. However, I don't lose any weight without extreme low-carbing (like Atkins induction), and that is just too difficult and esp. expensive a way for me to live. If I had a chef, or even unlimited funds, that is how our whole family would eat. Steady bloodsugar and moods, not bloated, etc. Great stuff!

#198 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 10:00 AM

Maurine - How are you doing, sweetie? Have you had your ultrasound yet?

#199 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 AM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by collieflower View Post

Maurine - How are you doing, sweetie? Have you had your ultrasound yet?

I was just going to ask the same thing.

#200 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 10:49 AM

I am off to get it done this afternoon...  I don't really hold out any hope since I've lost all my symptoms.  I'll update you.  (and thanks for thinking of me)

#201 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Awwwwww, Maurine. Virtual hugs coming your way.

I think bitter sushi ladies is for anyone who has lost their optimism, and found bitterness.
Hopefully we're not all bitter, all the time. I wish moments of optimism on everyone. But I can't reside in optimism land. It's too painful to get crushed. Especially the one thread. It's like all the butthurt concentrated in one easy place.
I want a baby. I want to be pregnant. I want to stop having miscarriages.
I want to stop having to watch other people get what I want.

Homebirth Midwife biggrinbounce.gif

After 4 m/c, our stillheart.gif is here!

#202 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 11:55 AM

Maurine, hoping for you!

And lots of hugs to you, Jane.

I think I was one of those annoying people when we started TTC. Our son was a surprise, so I assumed I was so fertile and would get pregnant right away and lalala. Instead I'm struggling to even ovulate halfway normally. Boo.

collieflower, I'm a ~3 hour train ride from Geneva. winky.gif LessTraveledBy, I don't know where you are, but if you're 2.5 hours by train to Geneva, then you're probably marginally closer to me. Europe meet-up anyone? love.gif

And, collieflower, thanks for the excitement on the house. Sadly, I think it will be many years before we can afford one. The housing market is so insane here, like it's not even connected to reality. And you need to bring in at least 20% in cash. There are many apartments (not even houses) in our area going for 2 or 3 Mil. Crazy! I want a house with space for the children to play inside and a nice-sized garden outside where they can run around and have fun. It's very important to me. So, we're considering moving at some point to realize this dream. Saving like crazy in the meantime.

Oh, and I'm 10DPO. Swinging between optimism and pessimism every few seconds.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#203 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Awwwwww, Maurine. Virtual hugs coming your way.

I think bitter sushi ladies is for anyone who has lost their optimism, and found bitterness.
Hopefully we're not all bitter, all the time. I wish moments of optimism on everyone. But I can't reside in optimism land. It's too painful to get crushed. Especially the one thread. It's like all the butthurt concentrated in one easy place.
I want a baby. I want to be pregnant. I want to stop having miscarriages.
I want to stop having to watch other people get what I want.

Oh, I know...   I thought it would be fun to be threadmistress - but it's just horribly demoralising.  greensad.gif  

Guess I'm still coming to terms with how "bitter" I really am about this whole thing.

Guess I really do belong more over here.

Mind if I join you, ladies?  flowersforyou.gif

#204 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 12:46 PM

Hi BSLs wave.gif

Hi Music wave.gif

I have been reading and keeping up with you all, but not posting, I just can't seem to let it go greensad.gif

The woman next to me (at work) is going to TTC in January, and I am hoping I react well to it when she turns out knocked up on the first try. I am not tracking (still) and this cycle is now 2 days longer than most of them, so of course, there is hope, but with 3 negative FRERs, it is highly doubtful. I guess I am just waiting for AF and on to a new cycle. I am not officially TTC any more, but I can't seem to stop. I wonder what is wrong with my body that so many months with perfect timing, nothing, except 2 early m/c.

I know I am just feeling sorry for myself, but I guess it is just the dread talking (of having to deal with the work lady getting pregnant easily) and I just want to mention that I wish her well, I hope it turns out well for her, I would never wish this on anyone.. (but it is challenging for me to say that) I hate listening to the smug talk, and to hear her and her clients talk about how super fertile they are eyesroll.gif

I am sorry for no personals, know that I am thinking of you all.

I feel like I've been on the BSL thread forever (well, in a way, I have... I was here before it was called BSL thread)

Trying to stay positive. Good luck everyone fingersx.gif and hug.gif and hug2.gif

Whatever will be, already is...

#205 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
LessTraveledBy, I don't know where you are, but if you're 2.5 hours by train to Geneva, then you're probably marginally closer to me. Europe meet-up anyone? love.gif

Ha ha... I am maybe 2.5 from there, by PLANE, in Northern Europe. I guess we could do the very thing people like to remind us we can, you know "Since you don't have kids (or have no babies), you can travel so easily." Hah.... yeah.... I suppose we could, but we don't have the money for that. It all goes into doctors and vitamins and tests and whateverelsetheheck.

MAURINE... Thinking of you.

Musicoholic, Welcome! I hope you will not need to stay long.

#206 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 03:27 PM

I guess miracles can happen (and a Christmas miracle at that!).  The doctor went to give me the ultrasound today and the first thing we saw was a fetus, with a heartbeat.  It's measuring perfectly.  My emotions are all over the place!  I am in a whirl of happiness/confusion/don't-know-what!  The doctors and nurses were shocked (they said this kind of thing can happen but it's very, very rare--and I don't have a tilted uterus or anything).  I am crying with joy, and thankfulness.  Just...wow.  Thank you so much ladies for being there for me through a grief-stricken week.  And now we wait...

#207 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 03:29 PM

Quote:

I guess miracles can happen (and a Christmas miracle at that!).  The doctor went to give me the ultrasound today and the first thing we saw was a fetus, with a heartbeat.  It's measuring perfectly.  My emotions are all over the place!  I am in a whirl of happiness/confusion/don't-know-what!  The doctors and nurses were shocked (they said this kind of thing can happen but it's very, very rare--and I don't have a tilted uterus or anything).  I am crying with joy, and thankfulness.  Just...wow.  Thank you so much ladies for being there for me through a grief-stricken week.  And now we wait...

Maurine!!!!!!!! I am in tears for you!!!!!!!

Whatever will be, already is...

#208 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 03:44 PM

Maurine!!! OMG! I'm just a lurker now here but wow I couldn't not comment. That IS a miracle, so happy for you! It made me tear up too, Beloved. :)

Jessica, wife to Greg since 7/04, mama to the rainbow1284.gif Gman 7/06, 3 brokenheart.gif , rainbow1284.gif Asher 1/11 and a wonderful surprise due in August!

#209 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 03:48 PM

Thanks LTB and Beloved luxlove.gif blowkiss.gif

Quote:

O----M----G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have no words - I am so incredibly overjoyed for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#210 of 459 Old 12-16-2010, 03:50 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page