CM Question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We've been TTC for a while now.  I chart and my charts look great.  I don't think I have fertile CM, though.  I'm taking supplements to help and drinking tons of water but I see nothing.  It's not totally dry so I have a little bit of hope but it's getting frustrating.  I'm on Armour Thyroid but haven't seen where that affects CM anywhere.  Has anyone ever done the egg white thing in place of fertile CM?  I think my husband might have me committed but I'm actually thinking about trying it.  Thoughts?

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#2 of 7 Old 12-01-2010, 12:04 PM

I've heard of the egg whites thing, but it just seems like there would be a risk of infection or throwing of the pH or something.  I don't think I could do it.  Have you tried robutussin or pre-seed?

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#3 of 7 Old 12-01-2010, 12:12 PM

I've heard of it too...  but as curious as I am I know it wouldn't work for us - or if it did work, if it would be actually worth it....  DH is highly allergic to eggs!!  

Although that's when he eats them...  not sure about getting it on his ...  ahem...  skin.  lol.gif

#4 of 7 Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I haven't tried pre seed.  Where do you get that?  Only online?  Thanks!!

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#5 of 7 Old 12-01-2010, 02:14 PM

Ha! I've heard of the egg white thing too... it was big when I was TTCing my DD... Honestly, if I put that up my va-jay-jay I can honestly say I don't think my DH would ever touch me again! LOL! I'm sorry but that is just.... ew. I don't think I would want to do that ... too many risks and there is such a delicate balance in the vagina that I can't imagine introducing something like that in there.

Try Preseed... or I have heard olive oil is good too. Never tried it myself.... but I can tell you that you can still get PG without EWCM. I did with my DS. I had absolutely NONE with him... and I had very little with DD. :)

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#6 of 7 Old 12-01-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekblad9 View Post

I haven't tried pre seed.  Where do you get that?  Only online?  Thanks!!

I have seen Pre-Seed at one of the larger, nicer drug stores here (I think it was CVS, maybe Walgreens).  It was with the OPKs and HPTs.  I haven't tried it yet, but it's on my to-do list if I don't get a BFP soon. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#7 of 7 Old 12-03-2010, 08:33 AM

Ive heard of the eggwhites but like some women on here said, it can cause an infection, I would DEF reccomend Pre-Seed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page