The Awesome ONE THREAD for Dec. 5th - Dec. 11th - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME to The Fabulous ONE Thread - Dec. 5th - Dec. 11th!

posted by alexisyael in 2004:
The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
Abbykins

Attached2Elijah 

Baby_Cakes
baileyann3
Calycanth
Hykue
Jaclyn7
Kyamo
LadyJennifer
lazykate
littlest birds
LovingBaby
MelungeonMW
MommyMatsumoto
MoOnFireGlOw
Musicoholic 
nettlesoup
NishaG
rockymtnmama BFPChart2.gif
rubygirl36
SimplyRochelle
Sourire
StephandOwen
Stevi
Sweet.Bee
TalkToMeNow

TTCChloeOrConner

vivica2
yellowdart

Waiting to Know (2ww)
~AA~
bonadl2
cbaa2010
ekblad9
Gator-Mom
jillybeans
Just_lily
karmamamaa
Kay99
ktbug87 BFPChart2.gif
larablueBFPChart2.gif
Lovenkisses
Lydiah
maxwill129
meander
mingus
~savah~
Taxlady
truemeli

urchin_grey

ValH

vtechmom

Veronika01

Waitin' and Marinatin'
Silverbird
WTHamI?

Waiting for Aunt Flo

callieollie

KaliShanti

not_telling

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating partner to be ready
HulaJenn
jojobean

WTF IS GOING ON?!?!

Waiting to be Ready
Mommy2b4
Stephaniqua
sleepingbeauty

~PREGNANT~

December BFPs!

Sarah2881

November BFPs!
CLH_X3

LivingSky

motray36

SoonToBe

Tear78

SML27

MrsMike

October BFPs!
swimming-duck
karmab

September BFPs!
bolobear
slb1107
annaconda
outsideofthebox
mija y mijo
elonwy
ryleeee
Michaels-Mommy
GolfAddict
KingsDaughter76

August BFPs!
babygrey
Blanca78
Wembles

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#2 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

Sourire: So sorry for your loss :(  And so glad you won't be taking the provera... that made me nervous for you reading it... I couldn't NOT say anything and have you take something that would hinder all of your efforts, ya know? Glad you had someone else to ask! :)

jilly: Congrats on the foster baby! How awesome... I bet that just makes your uterus ache even more huh? I know it would me!

not_telling: Hope you are surprised and AF doesn't show up.

cbaa: Yeah, that can, indeed, happen. Especially if you were talking, ate or drank something or were even chilled. Tons of things affect oral temperatures so taking it during the day really won't tell you much so try to avoid it (so says the woman who takes her temp during the day at least 10 times a day in the LP) :)

Jojo: I know, I tell myself that all the time... and I vaguely remember thinking AF was on her way with BOTH kids before my BFP so I don't know why I let it bother me, lol. I just hate the 2ww and lately I seem to be very pessimistic during it. I guess I don't have very much faith in my body.

Steph: Wish I had some advice for you... I have never taken BC pills in my life so I'm worthless on that subject but I'm so excited for you to start TTC with us! :) It would be awesome if we were pregnant and due together again! :)

Vtech: Welcome!!! I will add you to the list... but where are you in your cycle so I know where to put you? Hope your stay is super short and you get your BFP ASAP!

AFM: Sorry I have been lagging in the updating of the list lately... been super busy. My pessimistic attitude with the whole TTC thing isn't helping either. Honestly, it's too early to already be counting myself out ... but I just worry that because I want it so bad this month that there is no way it would possibly happen. It would be wonderful to be surprised though. :) Hoping my temp goes back up in the morning though... my chart is looking sucky right now. Of course, so did my pregnancy chart until 13dpo so I guess I shouldn't read into anything just yet.

And because I, apparently, just can't stop myself from whining... I fell on the ice today and hurt the whole right side of my body. My shoulder, back and left knee are INCREDIBLY sore... and being 10dpo, I am TRYING not to take any kind of pain meds (don't have any tylenol in the house... boo!) for it. I may not be able to hold out tomorrow if this gets any worse. Stupid black ice!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#3 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread! 

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#4 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the thread again, A2E.

Someone else just announced their pregnancy on Facebook. laskdjflkasjdflaskdjf

AF is due Tuesday. I haven't tested yet. Yay for me! I even went out and drank last night and didn't test beforehand. I ALWAYS test before I go out drinking "just in case", but I really tried to relax and not think about it... And I had a freaking blast. Girls' nights are so much fun.

CM has been abundant. I've been having weird small sharp pains in the uterus area. Boobs still hurt. Not obsessing.

Hey VTechMom!!! I'll be in school in January doing the Vet Tech program. =D Super excited about it.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#5 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread A2E!!!

A2E- I did talk a little after taking it-- I will try again tomorrow!

Anyone else spend way too much time staring at their fertility chart??? Honestly, I just stare at it thinking something miraculous will come up on the screen with some answers, like a puzzle I just can't quite figure out...

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#6 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:36 PM

Thanks for the thread again A2E!   I'll do next week, if noone else wants to (and because I won't have to worry about doing reports/concerts/awards/etc etc etc etc!!  So I'll have some time.)

AFM:  just subbing really....  CD9, still feel like poo fever.gif sneeze.gif (but much better than the past couple of days!).  12 reports to finish, 1 more performance tomorrow night, and altogether 7 more days of school left!!!  3 for the kids - 3 more after that for me, then a staff Christmas lunch (school takes us to a nice restaurant).  I love my school!  

Have a great week everyone!  makebabe.gif love.gif

#7 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:59 PM

Thanks Jeri! Going to repost what I just posted in the other thread in case anybody has any ideas! That would be awesome if we could be due date buddies again!!

Daaaang, I got behind in this thread! I think I've caught up now!

Just popping in to ask if anyone knows what the heck I should expect. I should have taken my blank week of pills starting last Sunday. Last Wednesday AF should have started. But I didn't take a blank week, I just started a new pack (trying to skip AF to get AF the week before our wedding instead of right during our honeymoon/wedding). Wednesday passed with no spotting or anything so I thought I was in the clear. Today I woke up to spotting and cramping. Doh! So if I end up getting AF right now (today is day 8 of this pack of pills) then what's going to happen? December 18th will be my last pill. AF should start Dec 22. But if AF is going to start now then will it start again so soon (on the 22nd)?!? Or should I expect it 4 weeks from today (which would be the day after our wedding)? If I just stop taking the pills right now can I expect a full blown AF now? If *that's* the case I'm almost tempted to stop taking the pill now, let AF come right now and then just start TTC right now. But it would suck to get AF the day of or after our wedding. But on the other hand, it would rock to get a BFP on the day of our wedding!

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#8 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

Thanks for the thread again, A2E.

Someone else just announced their pregnancy on Facebook. laskdjflkasjdflaskdjf

AF is due Tuesday. I haven't tested yet. Yay for me! I even went out and drank last night and didn't test beforehand. I ALWAYS test before I go out drinking "just in case", but I really tried to relax and not think about it... And I had a freaking blast. Girls' nights are so much fun.

CM has been abundant. I've been having weird small sharp pains in the uterus area. Boobs still hurt. Not obsessing.

Hey VTechMom!!! I'll be in school in January doing the Vet Tech program. =D Super excited about it.

Sounds like we're in the same boat....although I did cave and test the other morning and last night when we had friends over I didn't drink any alcohol...just in case... nut.gif

Good for you for going out and having fun!

Trying to ignore the cramps/aches etc. I've been feeling for at least a week.  Trying to not read anything into the fact that I've been feeling exhausted for the past few days...and slightly nauseated (which sometimes happens when I'm really tired....and I haven't been sleeping well the last few days....).  Still nothing I would call spotting yet...although this evening, in addition to lots of yellowy CM, there was a little very light brown CM...so still thinking AF is on the way...but still feeling like it's weird that there hasn't been spotting yet. 

I'm just hoping to get a really good night's sleep tonight.  Let's hope DS cooperates.  DH and I went to see Harry Potter this afternoon and my dad babysat.  He had to put DS down for a nap, which he never does (this is probably the first time neither DH nor I were hope at DS's nap time).  Sufficed to say, I don't think DS slept AT ALL.  Or maybe just 20-30 minutes.  And don't get me started on my dad handing DS a dirty sippy cup that's been sitting waiting to be washed for weeks redface.gif (amongst other dirty dishes) even though I explicitely showed him the cup DS was drinking from today.  And letting the cat stay in DS's room while he was trying to get DS to go to sleep after I said the cat had to kicked out when they started the naptime routine...

And, yes, truly, I am very grateful that my parents live close enough to babysit often and have a great relationship with DS....I just don't like these little....quirks.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#9 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 05:30 PM

Oops, forgot to get myself moved.  Can I please be moved to Waiting to O?

K, 26, married to D, 27, still trying to conceive our first child after a 7 week loss in January 2011
#10 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 07:01 PM

Hi all!  Please put me in Waiting to O though I suspect I'll only be there for a day or two with the very positive OPK I got this afternoon.

TTCCoC - Good luck in school!  I can barely begin to tell you just how much I love my job.  I've been working as a tech for years but I'm actually doing an on-line program now to get licensed, not required in my state but I want to specialize in surgery.  That's the one thing I'm definitely going to miss while pregnant, no surgery time for me.  We don't have the proper personal ventilator so when pregnant you get kicked out of anything to do with anesthesia or x-ray.  I won't miss x-ray (no fun heaving a 200lb saint bernard onto an x-ray table and then trying to get them to stay still), but I will be sad about some of the awesome surgeries.

A2E - Can I be pessimistic with you?  LOL, I tend towards that anyway, I'd rather have a happy surprise then unexpected disappointment.  Being sick during O time isn't helping any either.  My kiddos are both winter babies though so I'm hoping that means that maybe my really fertile time is just a few months away.

Alexis, mom to DS 11/99 DD1 01/02 and DD2 09/23/11.
#11 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread A2E! Slipping on ice is so annoying, I hope you feel better soon.

StephandOwen... I used to take the pill. I stopped over 3 years ago because it was causing me all sorts of problems. But based on my experience I think you could expect to start AF if you stopped taking the pills now. If you continue until December 18, there is a good chance you would get AF when you stop. Then again based on my experience the pill caused me to bleed almost all the time... whether I stopped taking it or not. That is one of the reasons I am never going near hormonal birth control again!

Welcome vtechmom! Glad to have you with us!

AFM - I don't have to go to work tomorrow cause it's my uncle's funeral! I know I shouldn't be happy about going to someone's funeral, but his life was pretty tough and he is probably happier where he is now, and I love any excuse to skip a day of work. I also put up my Christmas tree this evening, which was fun :)

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#12 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM

Thanks for the new thread, A2E!  You deserve some sort of cosmic reward for doing so much thread duty.  Sorry about the ice incident - I hope you feel better soon.  I try to get in at least one spectacular fall per season, just to keep myself humble.  Grr.

Sourire - so sorry for your loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaa2010 View Post

Anyone else spend way too much time staring at their fertility chart??? Honestly, I just stare at it thinking something miraculous will come up on the screen with some answers, like a puzzle I just can't quite figure out...

*raises hand*   Hi.  Yes.  Me.

AFM:  This is the heaviest AF I've had since I went off birth control (and of course they were always very light while I was on BC).  I kinda like it, I mean, it's a hassle but I feel like my uterus is really taking care of business this cycle. 

EDIT:  For those of you who like to overanalyze your 2ww symptoms - I've been enjoying this thread http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1283185/week-3-4-5-symptoms in August DDC (even though I know that won't be my DDC). 

heartbeat.gif  Baby girl arrived 10/11/11 heartbeat.gif

#13 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:

-raises hand-

I've been sitting here agonizing over whether or not to fit in more BD'ing before tomorrow, which I'm pretty sure is going to be O day.  DP started a second job though (why, I don't know, he just wanted to) so he's been sooo tired.  The second job is a new restaurant so he trained there all week in the morning, and then worked a double today at the first job.  So of course he crashed as soon as he hit the door tonight.  I'm pretty sure he's got to work at the new place in the morning since tomorrow is their grand opening.  So I would feel bad if I woke him up.  Maybe I'll have to get up early myself for some morning BD'ing. orngbiggrin.gif  That would make me feel better.

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#14 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 09:10 PM

Hi everyone!  Just checking in.  I hope you are all doing fantastic and well!

I'm just hanging out at CD 7.  It's my third day on soy and I'm rather emotional and a tiny bit nauseous.  Oh, and I had the tiniest amount of spotting today too.  It probably wouldn't have been noticeable to someone who isn't TTC. LOL

Question:  Has anyone on soy had their O day moved up?  I'm normally a late ovulater and I'd like O early this time so that hopefully I can have a BIG announcement on Christmas.  I can dream, right?

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#15 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 PM

carly:  Sperm count is higher in the morning. ;)

Normally I'd be driving myself crazy at 2dpo, but having a nb around is SO distracting!  :D

Jill, mama to three fiery girlies and a sweet baby boy: Grace, 11.30.2005,  Ayla, 3.22.2008, Norah 9.5.09, Reed 8.19.11 & dfs Gage 2.29.12   angel1.gif x4

#16 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 05:55 AM

Thanks for the new thread, Jeri!!  I hope you feel better soon -- falling is no fun.  And go get some Tylenol! :)  Can you please move me to Waiting to Know?  I forgot to ask to be moved and I am now 7 DPO.  Chart looks pretty benign. 

Trying not to think about it at all, and being surprisingly successful...I think because I am pretty pessimistic about the whole thing.  I have also been trying to keep away from the boards just to keep my mind off of things.  Although I really do miss you ladies!!! :( 

Lauren (28) married to DH (28) 11/4/2007.  Expecting our little peanut August 22, 2011!
#17 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Heidi, sorry for your loss.

AFM, BFN again today. I'm 13dpo and no symptoms in sight.  I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant this month. I was really feeling more positive. My temps had started to decline but the past 3 temps have been really high so I thought maybe that was a good sign.  Our timing was good, CM was good, I'm taking B complex and prometrium now so I should be able to STAY pregnant if I get pregnant, so now I just don't understand why I'm not getting pregnant.  It only took 1 time with my first two so I don't know why this is taking so long.  So, I guess I'm just waiting for AF.  And then onto cycle #12.  

#18 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 AM

A2E: Get some Tylenol! I hope you feel better soon. Slipping on ice is awful. I did that once badly last year and wrenched my knee, it sucked.

For all of you ladies who are not obsessing during your 2ww, I'm going to obsess for you :)

dust.gifdust.gifdust.gif to everyone!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#19 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 07:01 AM

Ouch, Jeri! Take it easy today. I'm sorry you're in pain.

Thanks Sourire! I think I'll probably just keep taking it for the next couple weeks and then stop on the 18th and hope AF shows up soon after! And then to add more stress.... dp just found out that he's probably going to China in mid-January for a few weeks. If AF comes when I want it to, we should be good if my body works nicely (ovulates about 2 weeks after AF). He would be gone if I were to get a BFP though. If AF is late or if I take longer to ovulate then we'll probably miss this first month of trying. Oh well, it'll all work out in the end, right?

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#20 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 07:11 AM

please move me to Waiting to know (2WW). Thanks very much.My test day is 9th December 2010.

#21 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 07:21 AM

I think the WTF is Going On category was made for me! Almost three months after weaning my 3yo, still no PPAF or BFP. I just want to know that everything is okay with my body, and that our dreams of growing our family are possible. (I'm in my early thirties, very fortunate to be healthy and no problems that I know of.) Going to the ob/gyn tomorrow and hoping to get some answers, I hope.

I'm so glad to have you guys for this - thanks everyone for your support. Sending tons of good thoughts out there to you, and hoping to read nothing but good news here.

Quote:

Oh, and cbaa2010 - Um, yes!! You are not alone!

- Edited for typos -

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#22 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 11:04 AM

gozal - I hope you get some good answers at your doctor's appointment today.  Maybe all you need is something like Provera to jump start your system? 

A2E - Thanks for the new thread! 

AFM - CD15.  Still waiting to O.  I had EWCM on CDs 12 & 13, and positive OPKs on CDs 13 & 14.  Based on that, I would think I would have O'ed by now - CM is now just sticky.  But no temp shift at all (actually a dip this morning).  Ugh, it's so frustrating!  I want to O already so I can move on to the 2WW. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#23 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 AM

Okay, question.  I knew I was on the verge of O'ing or already had so today at about 2am (I'm a night owl), I checked and still had some EWCM and got a positive ferning test.  Then at 12:30pm I checked again and my CM is still sort of EW, but now its whitish instead of clear and I got a totally negative ferning test.  So I've definitely O'd, assuming all is well in there.  (I'm not temping so of course I can't be 100% sure.)

So the question is... Should we sneak in one more BD when DP gets home at 4ish?  Or would it be necessary?  We have a roommate and no extra rooms so we'd have to sneak off to the shower or something. redface.gif  I was going to try to wake up before he left for work so we could but apparently my alarm didn't wake me because I didn't wake up until he was kissing me goodbye. eyesroll.gif

Carly [29] + DH [27] + DS [9]

TTC my second and his first!

#24 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Man that soy stuff sure makes me fertile. I am on my 5th day of EWCM. There is lots and its really clear and stretches forever before it breaks. This is my 4th day with a soft high open cervix. I dont think I will O for a couple more days though. DH will be too tired to fool around tonight, but thats ok we are NTNP anyway. Maybe during the kids nap.....because I totally feel like it. ;)

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#25 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Go Lydiah!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#26 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 PM

Hi, ladies.

AF is due tomorrow. I have had zero cramps, zero spotting... My boobs are still killing me... And while DH and I were just in the shower, I checked my CP (He LOLed at me. =D) and it's so high I can barely reach it. So, with that being said, I'm testing tonight when I get off work. I'm expecting a -, but... I'm an addict, so I can't help it. =D Hahahaha.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#27 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post

So the question is... Should we sneak in one more BD when DP gets home at 4ish?  Or would it be necessary?  We have a roommate and no extra rooms so we'd have to sneak off to the shower or something. redface.gif  I was going to try to wake up before he left for work so we could but apparently my alarm didn't wake me because I didn't wake up until he was kissing me goodbye. eyesroll.gif

I say go for it when your DP gets home...which, according to my computer clock, is right now.  Is this monitor's a'rockin' don't come a'knockin'!

TTCCoC: your signs sound good!  Crossing my fingers that you get your BFP tonight.

AFM...well, I think I can be moved to Waiting for AF.  Sigh...a little spotting at bedtime last night and more obvious spotting today, so I anticipate full blown AF tomorrow I guess.  And, surprise, surprise....now that it seems obvious that AF is on the way, my "symptoms" have disappeared.  Except for being exhausted...but that's cuz I don't think I fell asleep unttil about 3:00am last night.  Tonight I am taking some Calms Forte and gonna get me some sleep!!  And it should be really comfy sleep, too...DH and I bought ourselves a squishy wool topper for our mattress (for our mutual Hanukkah/Xmas present this year) and I just put it on our bed this afternoon. 

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#28 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 01:14 PM

Attached2Elijah...   Thank you for the new thread, and I hope you heal quickly from your fall. Ouch!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#29 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

I think my temp is going to rebound in the morning..... I'm trying very hard to not get my hopes up over that.... as I believe I will actually be 12dpo and I have NEVER made it that far without my temps dropping...

And thank you everyone... my back and shoulder are feeling much better but I'm a little worried about my knee. :( I had ACL surgery on my left knee so this was my GOOD knee and I simply CAN NOT bend it at all... but I can put weight on it so hopefully it's just the swelling and will get better in a day or 2.

ETA: And just a public service announcement: It's not nice to vote "not very promising" on someone's chart with infertility... just because it's true doesn't mean I want to see it on my FF page! Boo! :(

BettinaAuSucre likes this.

#30 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 02:04 PM

Jeri - I am so sorry you fell! I hate that!

Quote:

Me! Actually, when I used to use Fertility Friend I did this a lot, comparing charts, changing things just to see what happened, and just staring... Since I started doing CM only and just have a paper chart I really don't obsess about it as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

Thanks Jeri! Going to repost what I just posted in the other thread in case anybody has any ideas! That would be awesome if we could be due date buddies again!!

Daaaang, I got behind in this thread! I think I've caught up now!

Just popping in to ask if anyone knows what the heck I should expect. I should have taken my blank week of pills starting last Sunday. Last Wednesday AF should have started. But I didn't take a blank week, I just started a new pack (trying to skip AF to get AF the week before our wedding instead of right during our honeymoon/wedding). Wednesday passed with no spotting or anything so I thought I was in the clear. Today I woke up to spotting and cramping. Doh! So if I end up getting AF right now (today is day 8 of this pack of pills) then what's going to happen? December 18th will be my last pill. AF should start Dec 22. But if AF is going to start now then will it start again so soon (on the 22nd)?!? Or should I expect it 4 weeks from today (which would be the day after our wedding)? If I just stop taking the pills right now can I expect a full blown AF now? If *that's* the case I'm almost tempted to stop taking the pill now, let AF come right now and then just start TTC right now. But it would suck to get AF the day of or after our wedding. But on the other hand, it would rock to get a BFP on the day of our wedding!

I don't really know what will happen if you keep taking them or stop, it is so hard to say. I tried messing with my pills once way way back when I used to take them and everything got mucked up, it did not turn out how I wanted. Sorry I have no advice, but I hope regardless you both will have a wonderful honeymoon!

gozal - I am so sorry your body is frustrating you. I hope you get some answers at the gyn. There is nothing more frustrating then when our bodies will not do the thing we want them to do and the thing it seems like they are meant to do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urchin_grey View Post

Okay, question.  I knew I was on the verge of O'ing or already had so today at about 2am (I'm a night owl), I checked and still had some EWCM and got a positive ferning test.  Then at 12:30pm I checked again and my CM is still sort of EW, but now its whitish instead of clear and I got a totally negative ferning test.  So I've definitely O'd, assuming all is well in there.  (I'm not temping so of course I can't be 100% sure.)

Yes, sneak another in! There is a chance O has not happened yet. Is a ferning test the same as an OPK? I know an OPK gives you a 48-72 hour window. Also, I typically O after my EWCM is completely dry. I think this month I Oed almost 36 hours after my CM dried up. I think I still had a little creamy stuff to make BDing worth while, but the EW stuff stopped a day earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TTCChloeOrConner View Post

Hi, ladies.

AF is due tomorrow. I have had zero cramps, zero spotting... My boobs are still killing me... And while DH and I were just in the shower, I checked my CP (He LOLed at me. =D) and it's so high I can barely reach it. So, with that being said, I'm testing tonight when I get off work. I'm expecting a -, but... I'm an addict, so I can't help it. =D Hahahaha.

looking forward to hearing about your test, fingers crossed for a BFP!

AFM - I tested today at 9dpo . It does not look that faint in real life, and much darker then I was expecting at 9dpo!! I texted DH at work and thanked him for basting my turkey! Not sure that was a great way to tell him (by text) but I could not wait! I am very excited, I cried when I saw the test. I am nervous too though, after two m/cs there is no guarantee. i want to be happy now though. I have a few close friends I will tell right away, and probably my Mom and sister, but we wont be making a big deal about it for a few weeks. Maybe in Feb I will tell everyone. I was not planning to test this early, but I was feeling crappy. I figured it was just the promitrium, but my mind was starting to get excited and I did not want to get my hopes up, plus I have two Christmas parties this week I may have enjoyed a glass of wine at, plus I have my Life insurance exam this week and I am supposed to fast for the blood test, but I have been feeling so crappy and I don't have to do the fast if I am PG. So yippy, I don't have to fast. OK, I am so nervous! I hope you all don't mind if I hang around a for a bit,I am not ready for the DDC, I might lurk, but not sure I want to go there yet. Maybe in a couple weeks. Please move me to December BFP though, I want to celebrate in some way! You all are in my prayers, TTC is such a hard hard phase of life, there are few things that are as frustrating.

Sarah
Mommy to three girls DD 6, DD 3.5,DD 8/2011 & new babe 3/2013, 2 angel.gif's 1/2008 and 8/2010

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page