Late period... why?.... help! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok so rather i'm in a pickle, or im just paranoïd. Ive been on birth control for a while now, and never had any problems with my period after i started taking the contraceptives. Last month we were planning a trip and i wanted to skip my period so it wouldnt hit while we were travelling. My original period should have been on the 27th of november, but it skipped (which is usual when you start a new pack of b.c). following in the same week, i had symptoms of an ovarian cist. Him being worried, we took a pregnancy test on the same week i should have had my period. Technically, i should have started my new period cycle on the 11th of December, but it still hasnt come. The night of the 11th I had really bad cramps and was expecting to start my period, but nothing came. My fiancé and I are just starting to get settled in and were REALLY NOT READY for a baby. What do you think could have caused this? How could i encourage my period?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 PM

I'm a little bit confused.  So you started taking a new pack of BC pills on 11/27, is that correct?  It's been a while since i've even so much as seen a birth control pill, but aren't they 28 pills to a pack?  And 21 of them are hormonal and the last 7 are sugar pills?  You start menses once you're done with the hormonal pills, I believe.  Correct me if i'm wrong.  So if I have that right, you are on day 17 of your BC "cycle."  So you wouldn't start a period until day 22 of your "cycle," right?  And that would be on Dec. 18th. 

does this help?

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#3 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Maybe i got my dates confused, you are right according to your knowledge about birth control. But according to my pack, im on my 3rd day of sugar pills... So i should have started a few days ago.

#4 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 09:41 PM

Sorry I can't really offer any constructive advice - but maybe if you posted this in the Family Planning thread (rather than TTC) you might have more luck?? smile.gif

#5 of 5 Old 12-14-2010, 06:17 AM

so to clarify, you skipped the sugar pills in November and jumped right into the regular pills so as to not get your period that month? I dunno, messing with hormones, you are bound to get a cycle a little wonky. When I used to take them, it always took a couple days of sugar pills for AF to kick in so I would anticipate it soon if you are on day 3.

Jenn (36), wife to DH for 13 years, DD1(13) , DD2(10) and DS(4)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page