Have you ever used bioidentical progesterone cream? & if so care to share your experience? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
HRJ

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations!  I wonder if they will do a quantitative test instead of qualitative.  Update tomorrow when you've been to the doctor!!!  Exciting!  Might want to tell him you are taking progesterone and would like your progesterone levels tested - just in case you needed more progesterone.  When I got my positive HPT, my dr told me to come in the next day to test my progesterone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post

I think I"m ready to say that I'm pregnant! love.gif I got 2 more pos frers and a digital! The last 2 pics here are the new ones!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 PM

Congrats OSTC!!! So excited for you!!smile.gif

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
Old 01-10-2011, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRJ View Post

Congratulations!  I wonder if they will do a quantitative test instead of qualitative.  Update tomorrow when you've been to the doctor!!!  Exciting!  Might want to tell him you are taking progesterone and would like your progesterone levels tested - just in case you needed more progesterone.  When I got my positive HPT, my dr told me to come in the next day to test my progesterone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSTC View Post

I think I"m ready to say that I'm pregnant! love.gif I got 2 more pos frers and a digital! The last 2 pics here are the new ones!

Thanks! love.gif I think he said he was sending me for a sensitive qualitative? I got the test done yesterday & I'm hoping the results will be back today or tomorrow... Sooner the better though! I'm going to call my naturopath/md this morning (he is the one who put me one the progesterone) and see what he says... I'm also thinking about getting in to see my baby/family Dr. to see what she thinksas well but I might wait till the blood test come back and the book a prenatal w/ her as I'll need to get a bunch of blood work done w/ her anyways....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJennifer View Post

Congrats OSTC!!! So excited for you!!smile.gif

Thank you! orngbiggrin.gif It's starting to seem a bit more real & I'm getting really excited about it! but I think part of me is waiting to get the blood test back before I really can start doing this biggrinbounce.gif lol I'm dying to tell some people though! orngtongue.gif We told my family as we see them everyday and they had our 4yr old when we went to the Dr's... But other then my doula none one else knows...

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Old 01-10-2011, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

It's official! Got the positive blood test results back! joy.gif

heartbeat.gif~Cowgirl Momma to 3 amazing boys  & adding a new babyf.gifin July 2014~heartbeat.gif 
Old 01-10-2011, 04:34 PM
HRJ

Congratulations!!!  This is so great to hear!

Old 01-11-2011, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks HRJ! biggrinbounce.gif & thanks so much for all the great info you've given me!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:51 PM

I'm 35 and have had 3 children. my issues are self diagnosed, low Progesterone and adrenal fatigue (so I'm not taking it to get pregnant). my midwife put me on 20 mg/day of bioidencial P cream derived from yams. it's compounded... i have 32 day cycles and O around day 18-20.... she said i need to start on day 16. i don't think i ovulated because i can usually feel it and and i get sexually ravenous and i haven't gotten either. conversely I'm eating like an animal 1 week after I started and also it's 1 week before menstruation. so i dunno... and I got a major rage attack today so I don't know if it's really working.

Working Mamma Bear to Buggy, Bean, and Surprise. Getting crunchier by the second... 
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 AM

You shouldn't start progesterone until after ovulation because it can actually delay ovulation if you start before. I would chart or at least use OPKs to target starting at 3DPO. GL!

Kate ~~ Mama to my adorable boy A (7/09) bikenew.gifand funny girl G (4/11) diaper.gif

Cautiously expecting #3 in November!

****5*joy.gif**10****15****20****25****30****35****40

We are a happy treehugger.gifwinner.jpg asl.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif family!

Old 01-24-2013, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingmom2011 View Post

I'm 35 and have had 3 children. my issues are self diagnosed, low Progesterone and adrenal fatigue (so I'm not taking it to get pregnant). my midwife put me on 20 mg/day of bioidencial P cream derived from yams. it's compounded... i have 32 day cycles and O around day 18-20.... she said i need to start on day 16. i don't think i ovulated because i can usually feel it and and i get sexually ravenous and i haven't gotten either. conversely I'm eating like an animal 1 week after I started and also it's 1 week before menstruation. so i dunno... and I got a major rage attack today so I don't know if it's really working.

From what I read when I was on progesterone before taking it before o pretty much works like some forms of birth control and keeps you from o'ing... Personally while I'm really glad it helped me get pregnant it actually made my fatigue worse (which is what the np put me on it for) and I think also made my yeast issues worse ( most people it seems it helps with yeast but for some like me it makes it much worse) and the anger it created ( which I get when the yeast gets out of control as well so it might have been that as well) made me really glad when I was finally off of it and it would honestly be my last resort now. I really hope you can figure out is right for you and find some relief. I'm really struggling with intense adrenal fatigue myself and it is not at all fun to deal with especially when you have three kids to look after.

User Tag List