The awesomely fabulous ONE THREAD for December 19-25! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 08:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

A2E - I am so happy that you got your Christmas mircale and that your grandfather is doing well!  I'll keep praying for a speedy recovery for him (though it seems he's well on his way). 

sleepingbeauty - Thanks for the hugs!  I'm sorry to hear about the girls moving.  I'm sending some hugs back at you.  hug2.gif

AFM - Really weird AF this cycle.  I spotting for a day and a half, bled heavily for a day and a half, and now nothing.  So a total of three days bleeding in some form or fashion.  I also had killer cramps for two days, and some rather large clots (unusual for me).  I don't know if this is an affect of the clomid or what. 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#62 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 08:48 AM

Val--Thank you. It's a good thing.  They'll be safer over there.  Just sucks, you know?

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#63 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

A2E Thats so wonderful. What a great Xmas present.

AFM: I have to bring a couple casseroles to xmas dinner at the inlaws.I am making candied yams and green bean casserole. Its usually not a stable for our holiday dinners, and it will be my first time making either of them. I have some green beans from my garden so that will be nice I hope. :)

Happy Holidays ladies. Enjoy your time with family and such. <3

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#64 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 11:02 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

A2E, that's fantastic news! I'm glad things are going much better than anticipated!

Would someone please look at my chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29267 My temp is way down this morning. The shortest LP I've had before was 10 days... but isn't that too much of a drop to be an implantation dip? Maybe AF is coming for Christmas, as usual.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#65 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 11:23 AM

A2E - That is really good news about your grandfather!  What a trooper, up and at it already too!!!

SleepingBeauty - Hope you have an awesome 5 days with the girls before they move. 

Lydiah - hope your casseroles turn out beautifully!

ValH - I don't have experience with clomid, but I do know that ever since TTC my body keeps playing tricks on me and changing things up a bit.  So maybe your AF is just acting up on you?  Another way to play with our minds?  lol sorry..

Mummoth - I haven't done much charting, but I wouldn't think that dip is low enough to signal AF.  It's still above the cover line right?  FX for you!!!

AFM - I think today is O day, a day later than normal.  And morning BD doesn't work for us cause I can't seem to get the donation lol.  Ugh how depressing.  Hopefully we will have time tonight for some successful BD!!!!

For christmas we are having everyone over for dinner, including kids it will be just shy of 30 people!!  Whoot Whoot!!!  And to fit that many people in our tiny house, we will be hosting in our lovely garage.  Red Neck Christmas??  Maybe, but its loads of fun and super nice to not have to go to 3-4 different christmas dinners just to see everyone.  

Liz 27 - Happily married for 8 years! Mom to three awesome boys ages 7 and 6 and 1

#66 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 11:26 AM

A2E:  That's great!  Good to hear his body is cooperating so well with how young he must still feel.

Val:  That is odd indeed.  shrug.gif  I'm sorry I don't have anything useful to say about it.

Mummoth:  I think it can be considered a possible implantation dip - I've heard that it's ok as long as it isn't below coverline.  Stay positive until you see red!

AFM:  Any opinions on my (admittedly wacky) chart?  I think I might have O'd on day 14 rather than 17, which means that my temp dip this morning is not below my coverline.  I'm thinking that I O'd on 14, had a slow-rise AND a fallback rise, and that my current temp dip is still above my coverline.  FF gave me dotted crosshairs for CD14 at first, but switched it after my temp on CD18.  Anyway, I'm not panicked about it or anything, I'm just trying to get better at figuring this stuff out.

My chart.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#67 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 12:25 PM

I'm pregnant!  Can I be moved to graduates?

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    
#68 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Congrats LadyJennifer!!!! joy.gif

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#69 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

This is waaaay tmi, so I apologize! Question for those who check cervical mucus. Obviously I'm new to all this and haven't really checked cervical mucus (since I was on the pill until a couple weeks ago) or anything like that. I hadn't noticed anything different earlier this week but assumed I probably o'd around day 14. However, I just used the restroom and there's an insane amount of cervical mucus. (again- way tmi coming! You've gotten your warning!). I did number 2 and when I looked down there was mucus all the way from my woo-woo to the water in the toilet. I wiped and wiped and wiped and there was so much of it. Is this a sign of o? Should I consider O coming soon? In the next day? 12 hours? Should I get to bd asap?! LOL! Today is day 16 of my cycle.

#70 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 12:55 PM

Congrats to you!  What a Christmas blessing!

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#71 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 01:14 PM

blush.gif I just figured out that AFM stands for 'as for me'! I was wondering why people kept directing the interesting questions at one specific person!

Hykue~ I agree with O on day 14... 36.8 seems very high for a cover line to me. On CD17, your temperature is a hollow circle, is that because of sleep deprivation? I'd be tempted to disregard that temp and see what happens with the coverline (you can switch it back) 

Liz, wow! That's going to be chaotic, but the kids will remember it forever! We had Christmas at my sisters' once where the men were all in the garage... with the kids... and the drum set... but in the house was nice and peaceful!

AFM winky.gif Thanks for the feedback on my chart! I hope it was an implantation dip... I'm so glad we're going to be busy this afternoon and for the next few days!! My daughter announced this morning that she wants to go sit on Santa's lap... immediately after I told her that , no, I won't be giving her make-up for Christmas! I guess she's still a beleiver! Now, I'm actually tempted to get her a bit of kids' make up (I HATE it, it's messy and it agravates her eczema) just so her grand plan to bypass me will have worked.

#72 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

This is waaaay tmi, so I apologize! Question for those who check cervical mucus. Obviously I'm new to all this and haven't really checked cervical mucus (since I was on the pill until a couple weeks ago) or anything like that. I hadn't noticed anything different earlier this week but assumed I probably o'd around day 14. However, I just used the restroom and there's an insane amount of cervical mucus. (again- way tmi coming! You've gotten your warning!). I did number 2 and when I looked down there was mucus all the way from my woo-woo to the water in the toilet. I wiped and wiped and wiped and there was so much of it. Is this a sign of o? Should I consider O coming soon? In the next day? 12 hours? Should I get to bd asap?! LOL! Today is day 16 of my cycle.

That is definitely a sign that O is coming... could be today or 3 days from now, I don't know how to tell... GET BUSY!!

And CONGRATS to LadyJennifer!!! 

Sorry for post-flooding you all.. by the time I hit submit, there were more posts!

#73 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

StephandOwen.... that is exactly what it is like when you have your MOST fertile CM!!! I am sure your O will be either today, tomorrow, or possibly even the day after... now go BD like crazy!!!!

A2E - so happy to hear about  your grandfather, what a wonderful thing to happen around Christmas.

LadyJennifer - I already congratulated you in another thread but BFP's are so awesome you definitely deserve another! Congrats!

Hykue - I vote for a CD14 O, maybe if you change the analysis method in your chart it will go back to 14.

AFM - has anyone ever experienced major mood swings after starting Natural Progesterone Cream? I started taking the cream at 3 DPO and I am now 6 DPO and I am getting SUPER angry at everyone, I can barely control myself! This is how I usually feel the day before AF starts, but worse... yikes! The crazy thing is that I am only taking half the recommended dose right now.... I am seriously having trouble preventing myself from strangling a few of my coworkers at the moment, its bad....

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#74 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 02:19 PM

LMAO Steph... Isn't it fun to share such intimate information on the internet? But yes, THAT is definitely what you want! Now go jump him and make you a Christmas baby!!!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#75 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 06:28 PM

LadyJennifer... Congratulations!!!!! I hope every Christmas with this child will be as special as this one.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#76 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies! Unfortunately dp is working until at least 11 or midnight tonight so.... I don't know what will happen. Boo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

LMAO Steph... Isn't it fun to share such intimate information on the internet? But yes, THAT is definitely what you want! Now go jump him and make you a Christmas baby!!!

LOL.... I wrote and erased that post so many times, debating whether to post it. LOL!

#77 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 09:12 PM

OK, what GIVES?!  I have been spotting for two days now (99.99% brown that I wouldn't even notice except for checking my cervix and putting TP into my vagina - TMI I know).  I nearly always spot before a period, and I am certainly due for mine by now.  Lots of symptoms that could be equated with either PMS or pregnancy, but no cramping.  I thought a few hours ago that AF had finally shown because when I touched my cervix there was some fairly red "blood", but I guess it wasn't super dark/bright.  Now when I check it is just brown again.  banghead.gif

I took a test at what I assume to be 9DPO, and today is probably 14DPO.  Took another, got another BFN.  They are tests from Big Lots, 2 of them for $1.90 LOL.  Do you think they are crap?  I have another one... should I take that with FMU tomorrow?  Should I get a Dollar Tree test or FRER or something else (won't have the chance until tomorrow anyway)?  Should I wait another whole day?  HELP!

I do NOT feel like AF is coming.  I honestly don't, but my mind wants to tell me that pregnancy isn't possible with a negative test.

-
#78 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 10:46 PM

Congratulations, Lady Jennifer!  That's great!

StephandOwen:  Sounds great!  I've never had quite that much, but the wiping over and over thing I have had to do.  And don't worry about offending us - you gave lots of warnings, no-one had to keep reading!  Have fun taking advantage of it!

Mummoth:  My time for temping is kind of all over the place, but that one was the earliest by far.  When I discard it, it puts me back to O'ing on CD14, which is what I thought happened . . . it was kind of hard to tell because I had a UTI and finished my antibiotics that day, so I felt all weird.

Filiadeluna:  I don't have much input, but pregnancy is possible while getting negatives.  Probably not likely, but definitely possible.

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#79 of 107 Old 12-23-2010, 11:54 PM

Filiadeluna...   At this point I would wait until the 26th to test again. Then you can still be hopeful through Christmas, kwim? (Unless you don't celebrate, in which case, pee in a cup, use the test you got, then dash out to a store and back home to use the same pee with another test.)

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#80 of 107 Old 12-24-2010, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Can someone please take over the thread for next week? I will be leaving early Sunday morning and won't be back on for almost 2 weeks. I wish everyone a wonderful holiday season and a fantastic new year. I hope I come back on here and see lots of BFPs!!!

#81 of 107 Old 12-24-2010, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyJennifer View Post

I'm pregnant!  Can I be moved to graduates?

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Kris violin.gif: in love with J shine.gif, "auntie" to W (6yrs) sleepytime.gif  and Z (4yrs) blowkiss.gif and "mommy" to Katie goldfish.gif

→Waiting to start our own little family after college and marriage←

Back to school May 2013!

Someday it will be my turn: h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIFnak.gifnocirc.gifcd.gif

#82 of 107 Old 12-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post

Filiadeluna...   At this point I would wait until the 26th to test again. Then you can still be hopeful through Christmas, kwim? (Unless you don't celebrate, in which case, pee in a cup, use the test you got, then dash out to a store and back home to use the same pee with another test.)

Yeah, AF came anyway, of course.  She decided to give me the Present of her EVIL Presence for Christmas Eve.  FIREdevil.gif

I am sick of my hormones being completely OUT OF CONTROL right before AF for the last few months.  I mean, it's to the point where I have a raging temper (which is NOT like me at all), and just downright irritable.  So I'm going to take some Maca again and hope that helps.  Also want to cut out caffeine, drink more water, and eat better to lose some weight.  I have been thinking more lately that one factor I didn't consider the month I conceived DD (after 9 months of TTC) was that I had been cutting down on fat and sodium content for a few weeks b/c I was trying to be allowed to use my employer's on site gym facility.  They had told me my BP was high, though it had never been before, and was only high when THEY took it.  But I cut down salt for a bit just to see.  So IDK if maybe the healthier eating did it???

-
#83 of 107 Old 12-25-2010, 04:17 AM

Good Christmas morning all of my TTC ladies... hope you are having a wonderful holiday! I am Oing today... and we had some romantic Christmas eve lovin' last night so our timing actually ended up pretty good after all, yay!

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#84 of 107 Old 12-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Congrats to LadyJennifer!  Merry Christmas to everyone!

Can I be moved to Waiting to Know?  Thanks!  I'm pretty sure I ovulated Thursday.  Too late I think.  Oh well, there's still some hope!  It's never a 2ww for me... just 10 days!  Short cycles are nice.... :)

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#85 of 107 Old 12-25-2010, 05:24 PM

This cycle will surely end badly! I began taking Azithromycin today... I'm just too sick to avoid it. :(

#86 of 107 Old 12-26-2010, 02:00 AM

Pretty sure you can move me to the 2ww ... I think I O'd yesterday. My temp went up but I didn't get my normal symptoms of O this month and I have NEVER O'd later then CD 18. I've not really been paying too much attention to it this month anyway so it might have been earlier but my temp is now in the post-O range but I've been so bad about temping, I don't know that I'll even get a cover line. I just really don't care about TTC this month and we've not been BDing hardly at all so I don't hold out much for this cycle at all.

So sorry Stevi :(   I just finished my Azithromycin a few days ago. I don't know what it will do to my cycle... Hope you start feeling better though!

#87 of 107 Old 12-26-2010, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

Pretty sure you can move me to the 2ww

Done. Good luck!

I hope everyone has a safe couple weeks and I'm crossing my fingers for those who are in the 2WW. I am loading up the car right now so the next time you "see" me I'll be an old married woman winky.gif lol.gif

The thread is caught up until now. If someone else adds anything before the new thread is up then the new thread keeper will need change it in the new thread. Thanks!!

#88 of 107 Old 12-26-2010, 07:41 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post

Yeah, AF came anyway, of course.  She decided to give me the Present of her EVIL Presence for Christmas Eve.  FIREdevil.gif

Same thing happened to me yesterday! AF showed super early, so now I have a new record of my shortest LP ever - 7 days. Merry Christmas to me! I guess maybe it wasn't the natural progesterone cream that was making me b*tchy like I am pre-AF, it actually was pre-AF! Anyways my consolation prize was that I got to drink on Christmas day.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#89 of 107 Old 12-26-2010, 08:39 AM

Hi ladies.  I haven't posted in a long time....1) of course i was pregnant and was just poking my head in to encourage you wonderful ladies and 2) because i've been without internet!!!  It's good to see a few more ladies have graduated since the last time i posted. I also had my sweet little angel Emma Mattilynn-Gail on December 6th, 2010.  I ended up having a c-section which i wasn't thrilled about but i am recovering much better with this one than i did my first one.  Probably because this one ended up being a scheduled one because my body wasn't going anywhere.  ANYWAYS, just stopped to say Good luck to everyone who's still trying and know that i'm still thinking about all of you!!  I won't be back trying again for another year in a half or so but i'm going to be stopping by to see who's still here when i get back to trying for our third and final child.  G/L ladies!!! I have missed you all!!!

Brandy(28) mommy to Jayde (12/14/03) and Emma Mattilynn-Gail born 12/06/10 and Loving wife to DH (32)! TTC#3 since April 2011! Missing our little angel.gifs that we lost so early 7/11 & 11/11! Praying to get our rainbow1284.gif babyf.gifsoon!

#90 of 107 Old 12-26-2010, 09:12 AM

Thanks for all the congrats:)

Jenny - wife to one great guy, mama to three babies, with #4 due in January 2015!    

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page