The awesomely fabulous ONE THREAD for December 19-25! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 06:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

WELCOME TO THE "ONE" THREAD  for December 19-25!!!!! 

joy.gifmakebabe.gif joy.gif

posted by alexisyael in 2004:

The One Thread is designed for all on the MDC board. No matter where you are in your cycle, you are welcome to join the One Thread! We are also open to those who are "Waiting to be Ready" for one reason or another. We continue to embrace those of us who have become pregnant as well. Feel free to jump in at any time and introduce yourself!

To help keep the list current and manageable, you will be deleted after a month of not posting.

If you would like to be a threadkeeper visit 
here and sign up at the end of the thread, or let this week's threadkeeper know!

Please make change requests in Bold

Waiting to O
  Abbykins

Baby_Cakes 
baileyann3
Calycanth  
chicajones
Jaclyn7
Kyamo 
LovingBaby
Lydiah 
MelungeonMW 
MommyMatsumoto  
MoOnFireGlOw 
 nettlesoup
NishaG 
not_telling

rubygirl36
SimplyRochelle 
Stevi  
Sweet.Bee 
truemeli
TTCChloeOrConner
urchin_grey

ValH 

vivica2 

vtechmom BFPChart2.gif
yellowdart 

Waiting to Know (2ww)
~AA~

Attached2Elijah 

ekblad9
Gator-Mom
Hykue  
Just_lily 
karmamamaa
Kay99
ktbug87 BFPChart2.gif
larablueBFPChart2.gif
littlest birds 
Lovenkisses
maxwill129
meander
mingus
Mummoth
musicoholic 
rockymtnmama BFPChart2.gif 
StephandOwen
Sourire 
TalkToMeNow BFPChart2.gif
Taxlady

Veronika01

Waitin' and Marinatin'
Silverbird
WTHamI?

Waiting for Aunt Flo

KaliShanti  

Waiting for my otherwise-wonderful-but-on-this-particular-subject-ultimately-infuriating partner to be ready 
HulaJenn  
jojobean 

WTF IS GOING ON?!?! 
becoming

gozal
crazykittymomma

Waiting to be Ready 
Mommy2b4
Stephaniqua
sleepingbeauty

cbaa2010

joy.gif ~ GRADUATES~ joy.gif

December BFPs!

LadyJennifer 

love4bob

Sarah2881

~savah~

jillybeans

callieollie

bonadl2

November BFPs!
CLH_X3 

LivingSky 

motray36 

SoonToBe

Tear78 

SML27 

MrsMike

October BFPs!
swimming-duck 
karmab 

September BFPs!
bolobear 

slb1107
annaconda
outsideofthebox
mija y mijo
elonwy 

ryleeee
Michaels-Mommy
GolfAddict 

KingsDaughter76 

August BFPs!
babygrey 

Blanca78 
Wembles 

Steph, DH Jason (1-1-11), DS Owen (10-3-03) and DS Kai (10-13-11)

#2 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 07:41 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Crosshairs!!! Crosshairs!!! banana.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/29267 I'm ready to be put in Waiting to Know! 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#3 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

2 days until AF is due, 8 days till I test. The countdown is on. I am not testing ever again until I am 1 week late. That way its not a loss, just a late period. I think that will make this easier to bear.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.
#4 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread StephandOwen... I love the colours!

love4bob - CONGRATS!!!! So exciting!

A2E - I hope you get better soon!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#5 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 09:43 AM

Lydia: I'm with you on that.  I might not wait a week, but I'm certainly waiting until AT LEAST 16 DPO.  18 would be better.  Seriously, what I don't know can't hurt me.  It will be a little hard, though, because I'll know AF is late and I'll assume that means there's a reason.

Can I be moved to Waiting to Know?

Thanks

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#6 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 10:19 AM

I am 7 DPO today and 6 days until AF due. Getting impatient!

Good luck to everyone! I probably won't test until 10 DPO. 

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/319dc0

Also, please move me to waiting to know.

Thanks!

#7 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the new thread, StephandOwen!

Love4bob - Awesome!! Congratulations!

Lydiah, I'm of the better-to-wait school, too. At least I was last time. Test was + in about 5 seconds. This time? Not sure I'll be able to hold out as long, since I have much more fertility awareness. Well, I hope it's a decision I get to make soon!.

AFM, temps are still in the 97s so no first pp O for me yet. The OB said not to expect it until Jan. considering my prolactin levels, and to come back at the end of Jan. if still nothing. I spoke to a family friend who's an endocrinologist who reassured me everything should be fine and said I can always take cabergoline if O doesn't happen in a little while. Anyone have experience with cabergoline?

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#8 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 10:57 AM

Thanks for new thread, SandO.  Can I be moved to Waiting to O, please.

Nothing to report except I keep feeling like I want to trade in my toddler for an easier model - kidding kidding.....eeesh.  I miss good sleep.  I miss having a kid who could go back to sleep easily in the middle of the night.  I miss having less than 3 toddler meltdowns a day.  He was doing so well for a few months (sleeping 10 hrs with 0-1 wake-ups each night).  Honestly, DH and I are feeling so tired and annoyed right now that I was saying to him the other day that I can't imagine us even being in the mood to DTD this coming week.  And, truthfully, getting pregnant this month would mean a new sibling for DS the same month that he would start preschool, which feels like a lot of big transitions in a very short amount of time...so if we don't BD during the fertile time, it may just be for the best.

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#9 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 04:54 PM

Hey y'all! I haven't been on in awhile - lots of changes. lol

Anyway, grats to all the BFPs, hugs to everyone. <3 I've been thinking about y'all lately...things are the same here, I guess. I haven't had a period since September... I've been really gaggy lately for a month, maybe? I haven't tested yet... I may pick up a cheap-o test just for kicks... 

Jenn - Mom, Photographer, Barista 

#10 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 07:06 PM

Hi, ladies. Sorry I was MIA for a few days... I went back home for Christmas. I had a BLAST. DH didn't get to go though because of work. Boo. I still had fun regardless. =D

As far as my cycle goes, I have no idea. LOL Today is the 19th??? I'm like, CD11... I think.

Congrats on the BFP!!!

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#11 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 08:00 PM

I'm sick again, which means that this cycle will likely end up short and unsuccessful. :(

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#12 of 107 Old 12-19-2010, 09:37 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread!

Kris: in love with J "auntie" to W (7yrs)  and Z (5yrs)

→Waiting to start my own little family←
Someday it will be my turn!
#13 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 03:09 AM

Thanks for new thread! :) .... but what happened to everyone's charts?

Stevi: I'm sorry you're sick... seems like everyone on the thread is getting something! But my son was conceived while I had the flu.... soooooo anything's possible!

So feeling lots better today! This was turning into bronchitis... as it almost always does when I get sick. I had chronic bronchitis as a kid due to living with smokers so my bronchial tubes are permanently damaged... but am on antibiotics now so starting to feel loads better. However, will the antibiotics affect O at all? It doesn't seem like it would... and since it's a 5 day Z pack, I think it should be out of my system by the time implantation could happen so I should be good, right? It's only CD 13 and I don't usually ovulate until at least CD 16, just FYI.

Makin' sugar and oatmeal cookies today! Yummy! :)

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#14 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 05:02 AM

I don't know about the antibiotics but those cookies sound fantastic!  yummy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attached2Elijah View Post

Thanks for new thread! :) .... but what happened to everyone's charts?

Stevi: I'm sorry you're sick... seems like everyone on the thread is getting something! But my son was conceived while I had the flu.... soooooo anything's possible!

So feeling lots better today! This was turning into bronchitis... as it almost always does when I get sick. I had chronic bronchitis as a kid due to living with smokers so my bronchial tubes are permanently damaged... but am on antibiotics now so starting to feel loads better. However, will the antibiotics affect O at all? It doesn't seem like it would... and since it's a 5 day Z pack, I think it should be out of my system by the time implantation could happen so I should be good, right? It's only CD 13 and I don't usually ovulate until at least CD 16, just FYI.

Makin' sugar and oatmeal cookies today! Yummy! :)

#15 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 07:15 AM

Good morning ladies, and thanks StephandOwen for the lovely new thread!  I should get my crosshairs tomorrow, can I go ahead and be moved to Waiting to Know?

love4bob - Congratulations!!  So happy for you!

Mummoth - Yay for crosshairs!  Looks like we'll be waiting together!

TTCCorC - Welcome back!

A2E - I feel like I read somewhere that antibiotics increase your cm.  Maybe they'll make you extra fertile this month?!

To all the late testers, y'all have more willpower than I do.  I was thinking of testing on New Year's Eve, which will be 13 dpo, but I seriously doubt I can hold out that long!

#16 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

gozal - I have never heard of cabergoline... is it a medication?

Stevi - sorry to hear you are sick, I hope you still have a chance this cycle!

A2E - I don't know much about antibiotics but it seems unlikely they would affect O... however being sick might delay it.

AFM - For all my previous TTC cycles I started having sore breasts at 1 DPO. Before I started TTC I only had sore breasts about 2-3 days before AF came. So naturally the first 2 cycles I was TTC I was convinced that the sore breasts at 1 DPO meant something different was happening in my body (such as a fertilized egg) since I had never before had sore breasts right after O. Then as the months went on and I continued to have the same symptoms but no BFP, I figured maybe that was just the new normal for me and it didn't mean anything.

But now I am 3 DPO and I don't have the slightest hint of soreness, no matter how much I poke and prod my breasts! I didn't change any of my supplements yet this month (though I will start taking natural progesterone cream tonight). This is very strange, and I have no idea what it means. I have 2 theories: either conception occurred in the last 4 cycles (but implantation failed) and this cycle we didn't conceive at all, or maybe the fact that things are different this month means the # of lines of the HPT will be different as well. :D As fun as the 2nd theory sounds I am a lot more convinced of the first.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#17 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Doh, Jeri, I didn't notice that until you mentioned it. Give me a bit and I'll fix it sometime today, k?

Just a funny story for now.... ds is 7. We moved in with dp when ds was 3, so dp never had to deal with any of the infant stuff. Last night ds had a HORRIBLE night. Hands down the worst night he's had in years. He used to be awake every night (he had obstructive sleep apnea which caused him to wake up many times at night) until this past March when we had his tonsils and adenoids removed, which helped him sleep at night. But I usually dealt with the nighttime wakings so it didn't affect dp much at all.

So last night dp stayed awake waaaay late playing a computer game. He finally came to bed and shortly after that ds woke up and crawled into our bed. I let him sleep there for a little bit but he was so restless nobody was getting any sleep so I carried him back to his room. About 45 minutes later the same thing happened. I let him stay with us, but he was too restless so carried him back to his room. The 3rd time this happened I put him in our bed, waited until he fell asleep and then I snuck off and slept in ds's bed (thinking that maybe ds just needed more room in our bed to sleep soundly). Not too long later dp comes into ds's room asking what the heck is going on. Apparently ds woke up and turned on the tv in our room (totally our of character for him! He never does that at night!). When dp turned it off, ds freaked out and went downstairs to watch tv. Again, totally out of character! So I got up and got ds and brought him back to his room. I turned on a little light and gave him some books and told him he had to stay in his bedroom until it was light outside. A little bit later he came back to our bed and fell asleep. It's 10:30 and he's still sleeping in our bed.

So when dp woke up this morning he was grumpy. I was teasing him a bit and told him that it was just preparing him to have a newborn in the house. He shot me a not so nice look and said "if this is what it's like then maybe I'll have to stay with my parents until the kid is in college". LOL! Poor guy is going to learn quickly not to stay up all night playing computer games, especially when he has work the next morning!lol.gif

#18 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM

love4bob--I missed your announcement on last week's thread!  CONGRATS!!

#19 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

I think all of the charts are fixed but please let me know if you see any that still need fixing! For some reason it was being moody and wouldn't post some charts and then other charts it wanted to post twice. Doh!

Thanks!

#20 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Steph, that's hilarious about DP! I guess it'll be an early night at your place tonight! SO only has experience from about 4 years up... I've tried warning him what a newborn is like, but there's really no way to make him understand. If you don't mind my asking, how are you going to handle things with your ex? I'll have to email mine, and his parents (who have access once a month) and I doubt they'll take it well.

Rocky, if you can't wait until NYE, you can test on the 29th with me! I am BANNED from testing on Christmas, because SO thinks it would be a negative (because of too early) and that would wreck the day for me. I was already convincing myself it would be a bad idea because if it was positive, I'd blab to the whole family!!

Sourire, I hope no pain is a GOOD sign!

Jeri, I want oatmeal cookies now too!! I made mint mernagues last night, but they disappeared.

I think SO is getting excited... he asked me yesterday "Does it look good?" when I was looking at my chart. He knows there's no way to tell yet! Then he told me he figures there's a 70% chance 'it worked'... ooookay! Last night we had a movie night with the kids, and watched Look Who's Talking, they thought it was great! I had to stop typing for 10 minutes because they were retelling me all the parts they thought were funny.

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

#21 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 09:42 AM - Thread Starter

I honestly can't see there being any issue with my ex. He doesn't really have anything to do with ds (he just had his first unsupervised visit with ds in 5 years, but I will not be allowing unsupervised again unless ordered by the Judge). Ex has a 1 year old and his wife is pregnant again (due in February). I will either email ex and his family to tell them or just let ds tell ex whenever he wants to (he has twice weekly phone calls right now). The only part of ex's family that I actually talk to is ex's grandparents. We will probably call them and tell them but I expect them to be excited. They have been a huge support of us and have been the only part of ex's family that has been consistent with ds his whole life.

That is, if ex doesn't sign over his parental rights before I get pregnant and he finds out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummoth View Post

Steph, that's hilarious about DP! I guess it'll be an early night at your place tonight! SO only has experience from about 4 years up... I've tried warning him what a newborn is like, but there's really no way to make him understand. If you don't mind my asking, how are you going to handle things with your ex? I'll have to email mine, and his parents (who have access once a month) and I doubt they'll take it well.

#22 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 09:58 AM

Hey guys! I've lurked on these boards a few times before, but I finally created an account and am posting because Aunt Flo finally (finally!) came to visit. I went off of BC in April, had one cycle in July, then...nothing. I was starting to get pretty frustrated, but last week I got the official visit. I haven't been that excited in a bathroom for quite some time. :) 

DH and I had decided we weren't "officially" going to start TTC until December, but I've been charting on and off since July, hoping my cycle would get back to normal. 

So, I guess that means you can put me under Waiting to O!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#23 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

welcome chicajones! Hope your stay here is short smile.gif

#24 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 11:32 AM

Hi everyone! 

Steph, love the festive thread colors!

love4bob, CONGRATS!!

Sorry to everyone who is sick... I'm still there with you!  The flu is mostly gone, but I think it has left me with a sinus infection.  Blah. However.... dp left this morning.  We got plenty of BDing in and I got a postive OPK this morning... so I'm thinking the timing might be right!  Yeah!  

I'm not sure how the OPK works exactly... I know it means I should ovulate in the next 12-36 hours, right? So based just on that, when would I say I officially ovulated?  

Amanda, mom to dsd (16), dd (11), dd (8), and ds (born 11/12/11).

#25 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 02:12 PM

Welcome, ChicaJones...also wishing you a short stay.

AFM, I'm on CD12 and today my CM is a little brownish.  What's that about?  Last cycle I think I O'd on CD15 and with the stress of DS being sick and not sleeping well for the past week+, I'm not expecting to O any earlier this cycle...which makes me think not O spotting.  But how long does O spotting last?  It wouldn't start before I O would it?

Teacher until birth of DS (7-27-08)blowkiss.gifand now DD (10-17-11)femalesling.GIF:, now SAHM, wife to my wonderful hard-working DH.   cd.gifnocirc.gifselectivevax.gif

#26 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 PM

Whenever I get sick, my cycle is affected. And antibiotics bring on my period. I actually hold them responsible for both of my miscarriages. Which means, I refuse to take them during my LP!

I'm glad most people don't have those same issues.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

#27 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)

Seems like the winter cold just blew through my house too, I've been sick since Friday and no matter what I do it just keeps getting worse sleepytime.gif I am off to bed now, 7:30 pm here in Boston. CD7, AF just left. Depressing to think I can't even look forward to O. I am still checking in on everyone and waiting to hear more BFP's this month. Hope you are all feeling better soon!

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#28 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 05:08 PM

Can anyone tell me this looks at least a little promising?

I'm getting impatient today! 

Hehe..time needs to move more quickly!

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/319dc0

#29 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 05:15 PM

ktbug87 - I'd say it's too early to tell much from your chart, although your temp went up today, which is definitely a good sign!  I know, waiting is so hard.  I am 2 dpo and it is bo-ring.  It does seem like time actually slows down during the 2ww.

#30 of 107 Old 12-20-2010, 05:23 PM

Thanks for the encouragement! I wish there was a crystal ball that had the answers! It is driving me insane.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page