This is a little graphic... - Mothering Forums
Trying To Conceive > This is a little graphic...
scarletjane's Avatar scarletjane 10:51 PM 12-22-2010

but i've been having mucousy menstrual blood.  It's stringy and.. well, phlegmy.  I know the image isn't pleasant. sorry. There's some liquid, but I cannot believe how much mucous is in there.  Is this something anyone else has experienced? I'm curious what it might mean as far as the quality of my endometrial lining. 

I've been TTC for about 8 months.  I've definitely noticed it the last couple of cycles, but i'm not totally certain when it began. 

I've been taking soy isoflavones for the last 2 cycles.  I'm not sure if i noticed it before taking the soy. I suppose there could be a correlation.  

Any thoughts?  Anyone else experienced this?

I thought you all would be a good resource. ;)

thanks, ladies.

Kyamo's Avatar Kyamo 04:27 AM 12-23-2010

Do you mean like strings of very very stretchy eggwhite like stuff mixed in with blood?  If so, my period has always been like that, although I only really noticed once I started using the diva cup.

Sourire's Avatar Sourire 06:59 AM 12-23-2010

My period is often like that on the heaviest days. I don't think its anything to worry about.

scarletjane's Avatar scarletjane 10:38 AM 12-23-2010

thanks, guys. that makes me feel better. And Kyamo, you know, i'm wondering if i've only been noticing it with the cup too. i sort of sporadically use it and i've definitely used it more the last couple of months. i wonder if it's just more obvious with the cup.  i just get nervous about anything that seems like a sudden change.  and yeah, i do mean like eggwhite. it's the kind of consistency that i'd be crazily excited about if it was happening at day 14 and wasn't mixed with blood. that's it exactly.  only thicker, though. i think it is a lot thicker than what i get at ovulation.

MountainMamaGC's Avatar MountainMamaGC 11:40 AM 12-23-2010

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Its not just menstrual blood, its menstrual fluid with all kinds of stuff. Lymph fluid, blood, clots, cervical mucus, etc. So yeah, I would say its normal, and I wouldnt worry unless it had a foul odor or there was a lot of pain or I had a fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Do you mean like strings of very very stretchy eggwhite like stuff mixed in with blood?  If so, my period has always been like that, although I only really noticed once I started using the diva cup.

Up