This is a little graphic... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-22-2010, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

but i've been having mucousy menstrual blood.  It's stringy and.. well, phlegmy.  I know the image isn't pleasant. sorry. There's some liquid, but I cannot believe how much mucous is in there.  Is this something anyone else has experienced? I'm curious what it might mean as far as the quality of my endometrial lining. 

I've been TTC for about 8 months.  I've definitely noticed it the last couple of cycles, but i'm not totally certain when it began. 

I've been taking soy isoflavones for the last 2 cycles.  I'm not sure if i noticed it before taking the soy. I suppose there could be a correlation.  

Any thoughts?  Anyone else experienced this?

I thought you all would be a good resource. ;)

thanks, ladies.

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#2 of 5 Old 12-23-2010, 03:27 AM

Do you mean like strings of very very stretchy eggwhite like stuff mixed in with blood?  If so, my period has always been like that, although I only really noticed once I started using the diva cup.

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#3 of 5 Old 12-23-2010, 05:59 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

My period is often like that on the heaviest days. I don't think its anything to worry about.

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#4 of 5 Old 12-23-2010, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

thanks, guys. that makes me feel better. And Kyamo, you know, i'm wondering if i've only been noticing it with the cup too. i sort of sporadically use it and i've definitely used it more the last couple of months. i wonder if it's just more obvious with the cup.  i just get nervous about anything that seems like a sudden change.  and yeah, i do mean like eggwhite. it's the kind of consistency that i'd be crazily excited about if it was happening at day 14 and wasn't mixed with blood. that's it exactly.  only thicker, though. i think it is a lot thicker than what i get at ovulation.

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#5 of 5 Old 12-23-2010, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Yeah I was going to say the same thing. Its not just menstrual blood, its menstrual fluid with all kinds of stuff. Lymph fluid, blood, clots, cervical mucus, etc. So yeah, I would say its normal, and I wouldnt worry unless it had a foul odor or there was a lot of pain or I had a fever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Do you mean like strings of very very stretchy eggwhite like stuff mixed in with blood?  If so, my period has always been like that, although I only really noticed once I started using the diva cup.

Me(33), Mama to a crazy DD (6), Wife to a wonderful mountain man(32) BF my babe for 2 years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page