do you buy your OPK's online? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 12-25-2010, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My dollar store doesn't carry them... and I can't stand how much packaging the $store ones use.  i'd like to get some in bulk online.  Anyone recommend a good brand? I'm looking for cheap ones and as long as they're relatively straight-forward to read, that's all i need. Suggestions?

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#2 of 7 Old 12-28-2010, 09:35 AM

I have been buying from early-pregnancy-tests.com.  I like them, but they aren't the cheapest out there at about 80cents a piece.  Amazon carries wondfos which are more like 10cents a piece, but I haven't tried them yet.  The earlypreg ones come individually packed in a little "envelope", and I think the wondfos come totally unpackaged. . .which is nice to save on plastic, but I have heard people complain that they come all stuck together.

HTH

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#3 of 7 Old 01-01-2011, 12:15 PM

I buy from this guy!!! At least 10 times. He's awesome.

http://myworld.ebay.com/rapid_test/ 

Mom to angel baby, grew wings at 5 weeks in May '07, William, born Dec '08, and another angel who grew wings at 8w4d (lost at 11w) in Oct '10. Rachel born Feb 2012, Another angel Lost Sept '13. New bean due Nov '14!
#4 of 7 Old 01-12-2011, 01:24 PM

I've bought from Amazon before (a couple different sellers, but same Wondfos), and always had very good luck with them.  They each come in an individually sealed package and they have been very accurate.  (I may get one that is invalid once in awhile, but not often-- I've been testing for months remember! I simply don't dump out my pee until I see that the test is valid.)  I always get a package of 40 OPKs and 10 preg. tests for about $10, and they have very little packaging waste.

Actually, I have found the ones of Amazon to work better for me than store bought ones, like FR.  I had some FR ones left over, and used them side by side with the Wondfos.  Never got a "true positive" with FR, just a "darker than it was before" line, but with Wondfos I have always gotten true positives, and it always has coincided with my other fertility signs,

Sarah, Mommy to DD age 6, DD age3 , and TTC #3.
#5 of 7 Old 01-12-2011, 01:35 PM

I've purchased from both saveontests.com and ebay.com.

Anna (29) & DH (30) partners.gif 6.2006 :: love.gif 2.2008 :: babygirl.gif 1.2012    I'm a proud hbac.gif mama!

#6 of 7 Old 01-12-2011, 01:39 PM

I bought mine from early pregnancy tests.com -- quite cheap w/ free shipping over $15.

#7 of 7 Old 01-18-2011, 09:23 PM

I got mine from early pregnancy and baby hopes,,,,And then couple cycles I used those with the smile (my doc told me,,,they dont like generics),,,still I see no difference and the best predctor - the mucus!

,,,it was worth to wait for two years,,,

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page