Nursing Mamas TTC January 2011 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So sorry ms-quoted and zwitterion. Such a crappy start to the year!! 

Does anyone have any research or can you point me in the right direction for info on when to try again after a m/c? My doc was no help and just asked if I wanted BC which is pretty insensitive when I'm there because I just lost my baby! It's a week since bleeding started and it's is really light now so I'm wondering if I'll O again in 7-10 days or not.

cloth diaperin' mama to one little boy!
#62 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Updated List To Here

zwitterion~ hug.gif

NolliesMama~ depending on how far along you were, most dr's will suggest waiting a full cycle.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#63 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Nolliesmama-When I miscarried at 6+ weeks I did ovulate on day 21 that month, no pregnancy however.  It took 4 months of trying with very late ovulation day (25+) and 2 months of BC to finally conceive our third.  HTH!

IBCLC, student midwife, and co-sleeping, delayed/no vax, extended breastfeeding, homeschooling Momma to M(8), A(6), R(4)vbac.gifafter 2 c/s, J(2) hbac.gifand M (09/11)nocirc.gif

#64 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 02:42 PM

My temp read 95.9 this morning!!!  So low--have any of you temped this low?  My thyroid levels are good and I was in bed for 6 hours prior to temping, so I think it is valid.  Also had a brief ov. pain (or what felt like it) this afternoon.  ??? 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#65 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

zwitterion - I'm sorry.

sraplayas - do you temp orally?

AFM - On cd 31, I've had tons of ewcm until yesterday and then it turned creamy,  I've had two positive OPKs between yesterday and the day before, my nips have been on fire for the last 6 days, and my temp hasn't jumped yet! GAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#66 of 191 Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolliesMama View Post

So sorry ms-quoted and zwitterion. Such a crappy start to the year!! 

Does anyone have any research or can you point me in the right direction for info on when to try again after a m/c? My doc was no help and just asked if I wanted BC which is pretty insensitive when I'm there because I just lost my baby! It's a week since bleeding started and it's is really light now so I'm wondering if I'll O again in 7-10 days or not.

My BIL is a Dr. and he told me after my m/c that doctors usually recommend waiting a cycle before TTC again, but just because your cycle after a m/c tends to be unpredictable and usually it is very stressful for women to try to figure out when they ovulate and such.  However, he said that usually your hormones are very high and good for getting preggers right after a m/c.  We didn't catch the first egg after my last m/c, but got the next one.  

I came on to say that I think I'm feeling cramping... which is good!  3 weeks after night weaning, maybe dear old Aunt Flo is back, finally!

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#67 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 12:35 PM

So sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

We conceived DD1 right after my second miscarriage. We conceived her so fast the OB I had at the time questioned if I had miscarried at all (Ultrasounds were used during the process to confirm I had miscarried). I had no progesterone issues with her; however, I have had progesterone issues with all other pregnancies, including this one. HTH.

Charlize, married to DH 4/12/04. Mom to DD1 (4/2005) dust.gif, DD2 (3/2007) blowkiss.gif, and DD3 (10/2009) bouncy.gif, and DD4 (6/2011) energy.gif.

#68 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 01:06 PM

ms-quoted and zwitterion - hug2.gif

Im so sorry. It really sucks.....

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#69 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 01:28 PM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

My temp read 95.9 this morning!!!  So low--have any of you temped this low?  My thyroid levels are good and I was in bed for 6 hours prior to temping, so I think it is valid.  Also had a brief ov. pain (or what felt like it) this afternoon.  ??? 

Could this be a temp drop right before ovulation?  That always happens to me.  Also, as someone else mentioned, temping orally can give low results if you slept with your mouth open. 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#70 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 02:54 PM

ms-quoted and zwitterion, I am so sorry :( :(  It's been a tough month around here...

AFM--nothing new here....  definitely had EWCM for a couple days..  I have crampy days, but still no AF...so still waiting..  I POAS a week ago, just for the knowing power.. a sure BFN as I expected..

Passionate homemaking wash.gif dishes.gifwinner.jpgfamilybed2.gifmama to Christopher (11/07), Evan (2/10), and Wyatt due in July!! jumpers.gif  In love with my amazing husband <3

***4***8***12***16***stork-boy.gif***24***28***32***36***40**  Praying for a vbac.gif

#71 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 05:29 PM

hug.gif to all the mama's who have had a rough month. guilty.gif I'm so sorry for your losses.

AFM, I've been lurking but not posting much as absolutely nothing is happening. Now that DD is 18 months old, I'm toying with the idea of trying to night wean, but she had 2 molars and at least 1 incisor coming in right now, so she needs the comfort, plus she's eating even less than usual.

We have a grueling 10 hour drive each way through the mountains to attend my husband's grandfather's funeral this weekend ahead of us, followed by a 2 week trip to Cuba at the end of the week, so I think I'll just let things be until we settle back into our routine sometime in February, and then see how things are going. 

goodvibes.gif everyone!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

#72 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraplayas View Post

Could this be a temp drop right before ovulation?  That always happens to me.  Also, as someone else mentioned, temping orally can give low results if you slept with your mouth open. 

Thanks!  I had no idea that I could get a low temp if I sleep with my mouth open.  I really don't know about that--have to ask DH (tee hee).  However, how do you temp?  (And if it is vaginal, please do tell me how you practically do this w/out getting out of bed and disturbing your co-sleeping toddler. :)

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#73 of 191 Old 01-10-2011, 08:46 PM

sraplayas - i have to temp vaginally since i'm an open mouth sleeper. i keep the thermometer under my pillow and just slip my arm under the pillow, then quietly slip my hand under the blankets and uner the underpants and insert into vagina about 1 1/2 - 2 inches. Then hit the button and wait for the beep. Then quietly pull it out and put back under my pillw, then wash when time to get up for the day. 

#74 of 191 Old 01-11-2011, 11:25 AM

thanks for the walk-though, greenmama (haha)--exactly what I was wondering. 

if I start temping vaginally, I guess I'll have to mark that on ff since it may look different than the orals.

on another subject, have any of you who have taken vitex/chasteberry had problems with plugged ducts?  I just increased my dosage (it's combined with other BF-safe herbs also) and I have that crushed-glass pain in my breast when DS nurses and a little dot of "milk" sitting in the duct that won't rub off. 

Just wondering if maybe this might be connected to the vitex...

oh well, it gives me a super good excuse to take the nap I've been lusting after for weeks if DS will cooperate (he turns 2 this week!)

#75 of 191 Old 01-11-2011, 10:39 PM

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Put me in the 2ww, if you please. I'm 2 dpo!

#76 of 191 Old 01-12-2011, 07:47 AM

i give up. this is making me crazy. take me off the list. i am going to go back to pretending i dont care. i will still temp but i am not going to ttc anymore. not until i get my first ppaf. which could be 6 months down the road. i am not going to drive myself crazy that long. i need to get back to concentrating on my kids. i got all caught up in this ttc thing and i cant force it to happen. so it is a waiting game. i will find you all when i am ready. :)

good luck everybody!

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#77 of 191 Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM

congrats greenmama!

lionessmama, I'm sad that you are leaving us for a time.  Your chart and experiences have been an encouragement to me and I am sure to others as well. pm me anytime. :)

#78 of 191 Old 01-12-2011, 04:14 PM

Would anyone care to recommend some natural remedies to encourage PPAF or O? I have heard vitex, evening primrose oil, macha... but I never hear abut doses or if you should take them together or separately or what. My DS is 8.5 months and we would love to have another close in age. He nurses only once during the night ( I think he's a better sleeper than I am!).  I'd love it if someone could point me in the right direction for beginning to prepare. I've read TCYF but its been years, do they have a breastfeeding section?

#79 of 191 Old 01-12-2011, 08:04 PM

I took 1200mg of Vitex and 2 tsp. of Maca from the time my babe turned 12 months, but my ppaf didn't come until 4 days before 19 months. And I had stopped taking anything by then. I think my body had to finally be ready to handle another pregnancy and my babe had to nightwean, which he did 2 weeks before ppaf came. Oh, and I went on vacation. Going on vacation always brings back my fertility! Sooo....I vote that you should go on  Puerto Rican trip, it worked for me. ;) And yes, TCOYF has a breastfeeding section, definitely check it out!

#80 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 10:36 AM

Thank you! Yeah, I'm not really getting my hopes this early, but if I could do something that didn't harm the nursing realtionship with my son that happened to bring back my fertility... I'm all for it! Before I ever got pregnant I always wanted kids very close in age. I figured it would change once I experienced what it was actually like to be pregnant and then care for a newborn. Nope, I was already thinking about it within a few weeks of giving birth! I had world's easiest pregnancy and homebirth, and DS is/was a very very easy going baby which is probably giving me a false sense of security. Hopefully the next one isn't extra difficult to balance things out:)

#81 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here 

LionnessMom~ hug.gifhug.gif

GreenMamma~ fingersx.giffingersx.giffingersx.gif

stephbrownthinks~ Welcome to the group. I put you under waiting to catch first pp egg.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#82 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 11:09 AM

LionessMom - I hope your time away is brief & you can be back in the saddle :) , so to speak, soon. Sending lots of O vibes your way!

Stephbrownthinks - I agree with GreenMamma about the nightweaning (and Puerto Rico sounds fantastic, too!!). I wasn't lucky enough to get the vacation, but, like GreenMamma, 2 wks after nightweaning my ppaf returned. My DD2 was about 19 months, too. Best of luck to you!

SoCali - any news from you? Hope you're well and your LP is >10 days this cycle.

AFM, I'm thrilled to say that I am finally back! It has been so hard to TTA all of those months while my TSH (thyroid) levels were off. Last check (as of mid Dec) I was high normal. They upped my dose so my #s are probably even better now. I believe I O'd today (tomorrow's temp should confirm) and our timing was definitely great. I am keeping my FX that it was my thyroid levels, and only that, keeping us from pregnancy before. Time will tell, and it's going to be a looooooooooong 2 weeks!  

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#83 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 AM

And at long last I have a siggy. Only took me 2 years!!! blush.gif

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
#84 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 12:28 PM

Hello ladies.

We're still waiting on the first PPAF.

DS is now 17 months and not a sign of AF. He still nurses 2-3 times per night, so we'll see what happens!

#85 of 191 Old 01-13-2011, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Peaches'mom~fingersx.gif for you.  We adopted a dog on Tuesday. She's roughly 2yrs old Terrier Mix, she was already named Farrah.  her name links to a picture of her.

#86 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 06:33 AM

Can anyone shed some light on my dilemma? I am confused. I had a +OPK on both Tues night & Wed, negative on Thurs. I had EWCM on Tues, then even more on Wed and less on Thurs. Today (Friday) it has definitely turned to creamy. All of this makes sense except that my temps have held steady at about 36.35 Celsius each of these days. Today was 36.4 which is still within my pre-O temp range.

I assumed that I O'd either Wed or Thurs, but now I'm thinking it didn't happen. Is it possible to have a thermal shift that is 2 days after O? 

Any insight is much appreciated!

SoCali - Farrah is adorable! I hope she settles in easily & you're having lots of fun with her.

#87 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 09:38 AM

There is supposed to be a 3 day buffer for accuracy when it comes to temping. But honestly, I think it's more like you had an LH surge high enough to see a positive OPK and high enough to give you some fertile fluid, but not high enough to kick out the egg. It's not an uncommon event. Keep BDing.

#88 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 10:46 AM

Hi all!  I wanna join, but are you continuing the same thread for Feb?  We missed Jan's opportunity, so we're starting now. =)  Hoping to conceive by summer so these babes aren't too far apart! 

I'm nursing a 14 mo old.  Got cycles back at 10 wks PP (ugh) despite EBF til 9 mos!  Nightweaned at 5 mos except he still gets a feeding at 10:30pm then none til 6:30am or so when he wakes up. 

Despite having 12 cycles PP already, I jsut went over my charts and see that my LP has been only 8 days except for 2 cycles, one was 11 and one was 12 days.  Last cycle was 8 days again.  So it looks like even tho I seem to ovulate, I couldn't sustain a preg. at this point.  *sigh*

Also getting my thyroid levels checked next week bc I'm hypo, so we'll see how that goes.  Already on b complex and prenatals.

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#89 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 07:13 PM

Kami, Farrah is soooo cute!  I love that face!  I am a softie for terriers, though! 

Please move me back to waiting to O :(  Af is here, I am on cd 1 again, and have a saline sonohystogram scheduled for Thursday to check for any c/s scarring.  I had one scheduled a couple months ago, but backed out due to nerves.  I think I am ready now.  ;)

Thanks, and good luck to everyone!!!

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#90 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 07:37 PM

mariacm - I know when my thyroid levels are off (I'm hypo too) my cycles definitely show it. I hope all you need is to be balanced out again!

marmo - *hugs*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page