Nursing Mamas TTC January 2011 - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

#91 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

GreenMamma - thanks for your feedback. You are likely right, though I hope to prove you wrong with tomorrow's temp wink1.gif

BTW, I am hypothyroid too. Just wondering at what levels (i.e. TSH) that your cycles are affected? What kinds of changes do you notice first?

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 08:03 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

peaches' mom - Anything over a 2 and I can feel it. And what do I notice first in relation to my cycles? Or in general? With my cycles, my O is weak (hardly any fertile fluid, when I usually have lots), my LP is short, and my period is very heavy for  2 weeks. And my temps are much lower than normal (most notably in the follicular phase).

#93 of 191 Old 01-14-2011, 09:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Updated List To Here

mariacm~ Welcome to the group. I put you under waiting to O.

Mary~hug.gif on AF showing up. Thanks for the compliment on Farrah, she is so much fun and such a very laid back dog compared to Charlie our mini schnauzer lol.

peaches' mom~ She is settling in pretty good, i could have done without getting up at almost 2am this morning to let her outside and then again at almost 7am.  She gets along great with our mini schnauzer.

Kami~32DH~36,Alex~11, Ryker~9 Harlan~3
4/05,7/05,11/10
#94 of 191 Old 01-15-2011, 05:00 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

SoCali - thanks for adding me.  Waiting to O is right.  Haven't yet figured out how to link chart to the smilie, can't remember how to make it work!  I'll try to soon tho.

Greenmomma- thanks for the encouragement about the thryoid thing.  I'm hoping that's all it is.  Haven't had my levels checked in a year, so we'll see.  My doc only uses FT4, not TSH.  Last check it was 1.3, so mid-normal.

Peaches - there's a hypo thread in TTC that I started several days ago if you want to check it out.

I hope we all see BFP's soon!

#95 of 191 Old 01-16-2011, 07:56 AM

Mariacm - I'll definitely check out your hypo thread, I have technical questions that I'd love some input on from my hypo sisters. Thanks for letting me know!

GreenMamma - thanks for your feedback re: your hypo signs. And yes, I was referring to how it impacts your cycle.

I got my usual temp jump today, indicating I'm now in the LP. Does anyone want to take a shot at pinpointing my O date? There is a link to my chart on the first page of this thread (I'm in waiting to O) - can't figure out how to insert a link here. I am very confused given my +OPK dates, cm, etc. This was not a normal cycle for me. Think I'm just too close to it to have any perspective. I have a vested interest given our BD timing. winky.gif

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
#96 of 191 Old 01-16-2011, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

peaches' mom~ I'd say cd 18 for O. fingersx.gif

4/05,7/05,11/10
#97 of 191 Old 01-16-2011, 10:33 AM

SoCali - Thanks for your input. I hope you're right!  

#98 of 191 Old 01-16-2011, 12:25 PM

I think it's completely possible you did O on cd 18 and had a slow rise.

#99 of 191 Old 01-17-2011, 09:22 PM

if you have had PPAF, when did it come?? Were you still nursing on demand? through the night?

I know it is different for every woman, but I just want to get a 'feel' for the 'room'.

My DD is 3 days shy of 18 months and she BFs at her leisure, which is very frequently--all day and night--I have still had no PPAF and have had babyfever since she was a wee babe. We were waiting to officially TTC until this month and although we both want to be pregnant SUPERBAD, we aren't going to try any kind of altering of the BFing relationship until DD is at least 2 years (July 21). Six more months is such a long time away :( and I have this sunking feeling that I will be the 'lucky' mama who doesn't get PPAF until DD is weaned (which I won't do, that is up to her).

trying not to get discouraged at the starting gate. Any advice? words of wisdom? tricks? I do yoga, eat healthy (still trying to lose last bit of pregnancy weight), see a DOM, acupuncture, starting maca next week (both hubs and I).

So, when did PPAF return? and did it take a change in bfing relationship to bring her back?

#100 of 191 Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 PM

mamaharrison - Mine came back with babe was 4 days shy of 19 months. Two weeks earlier he nightweaned and I had began limiting his daytime nursing to 7am, 9am 11am (nap), and then not again until at least 5pm. But up until that point he was nursing like a newborn. I planned the dayweaning and letting him take the lead on nights, but he was the one who chose to nightwean (going from about 8:30/9pm until 4pm).

#101 of 191 Old 01-17-2011, 09:52 PM

thanks for your info :)

DD isn't interested in any kind of weaning or cutting back at this point. I don't really keep track of how often she nurses, but I relate it to how little food she eats and that makes me realize that she nurses for 80% of her nutrition daily. The longest she goes is a 4-5 hour break when/if I am away in the afternoon to work, but I work a sporatic schedule so I only away like that maybe 2-4 days a week at most, some weeks not at all. The week of x-mas I was away from her the longest ever. I worked Mon, Tues, Thursday mornings and was away from her for 5 hours on those days. I was really hoping to see some kind of PPAF action from that, but nothing as of yet :( I think she may go 3-4 hours without nursing during the night, but really i don't have any clue because we share a bed and I don't wake at all to her nursing--she finds it herself and I am not bothered by her efforts in the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post

mamaharrison - Mine came back with babe was 4 days shy of 19 months. Two weeks earlier he nightweaned and I had began limiting his daytime nursing to 7am, 9am 11am (nap), and then not again until at least 5pm. But up until that point he was nursing like a newborn. I planned the dayweaning and letting him take the lead on nights, but he was the one who chose to nightwean (going from about 8:30/9pm until 4pm).

#102 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 05:36 AM

Mamaharrison - My PPAF came back (both times) after nightweaning at about 19 months. For most women it is the night nursings that affect your PPAF & hormones more than daytime nursing. You're in the right place here! Welcome!

GreenMamma - thanks for your recent feedback!

As of today FF finally gave me crosshairs, although I don't agree with their O date. I feel strongly that my temp shift was before that (even though it was very small). My temp jumped again pretty dramatically today (usually I stay in the 36.6 range post O), too early for a triphasic so I shouldn't read too much into it! Has anyone seen this kind of chart before? Any input is greatly appreciated!

SoCali - It is with great pleasure that I kindly ask you to please move me to the 2 WW!!!! 

P.S. Please excuse me if I'm a little over the top this month, I have been waiting to be back in the game since Sept when my thyroid issues started....blush.gif

#103 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

My PPAF came back at 9 months with my son and 14 months with my daughter, which was soon after they night weaned. 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14 and his guardian angel Billy 11/18/14 - 11/28/14

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#104 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 09:33 AM

mamaharrison - we co-sleep too, but i definitely wake each time he wants to it. at least it' easy to fall back asleep once latched on. :)

#105 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I'm so encouraged to read the discussions going on in this thread! :)  Hope all is well with everyone today.

Well, I had a little setback over the weekend and part of last week with a case of plugged ducts and mastitis.  Fortunately, since I tackled it straight away it seems to be healing well.  However, my effort to reduce nighttime nursings was thwarted b/c I wanted DS at the breast whenever possible to help with the infection! 

With the infection on the way out, I'm hoping that DS will stay with DD for longer and longer stretches in the night.

I'm wondering: what would mean that DS is night-weaned?  No nursing from bedtime to waking up?  Or nursing at bedtime and waking but nothing in between?

I have to say that this is a tough one for me, even though the little guy turned 2yrs last week!

Mama , DH , DD (05) , DS1 (09) , DS2 (12)
#106 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Guess what guess what!

Shock of all shocks, I got a BFP last night!! heartbeat.gif I wasn't expecting it in the slightest! I was sure AF was on her way. I'd told DH that we this wasn't the month for us. But lo & behold, a BFP!  I actually took 3 tests in a row because I thought the 1st two were defective! LOL

I used internet cheapies. I wish I could tell you exactly how many DPO I was, but unfortunately this was the weirdest cycle I'ver ever had! I got my first BFP with my last 3 babies right on 12DPO. But this time, I had a negative ovulation test 12 and 13 days before I got my BFP. confused.gif   confused.gif But my cervix closed up pretty immediately after I took those 2 ovulation predictor tests. So, I HAD to have conceived before them. But then that would mean I was at least 14DPO when I got the BFP. And I would have ovulated the day before getting a very obvious negative on the O test. ???

I have zero experience with O predictor tests! Will they look unmistakably negative the day after one ovulates?

Oh, and I wanted to mention also that I got 3 positive ICs, then took the one FRER test I had, all in the same night. It was negative! The ICs were stronger than that darn expensive FRER!

My best guess for my due date is Sept 27th. I'm just gonna call it "late Sept." orngbiggrin.gif

This is baby #6 for us. And it will have made us have one baby born each month August through December. :) AND it's hilarious to me, but I predicted this due date. Years ago I told a friend that "if my husband & I follow our pattern & our babies keep coming when they do- then I should expect our next baby in Sept of 2011!" LOL! I loved calling that friend this morning & telling her! orngbiggrin.gif  

ANYWAY. Am I rambling or what!!

I hope hope hope that some of you ladies come join me over in the Sept ddc!  heartbeat.gif

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 17 yo DS, 9 yo DS, 7 yo DS, 5 yr old DS, 3 yo DD, 2 yo DS, and our newest family member, a boy born December 2014!
#107 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 PM

To answer Mamaharrison - I got PPAF at 10 wks PP.  Not fun!  I was hoping for at least 6 months of freedom from AF, but oh well.  I nightweaned at 5 mos (from 10.30pm - 6am) and delayed solids for DS til 9 months.  So for me, there was no relationship bw nursing/night nursing/solids and PPAF.

However, I'm not sure I can get pregnant still.  I have had 12 cycles now (DS is 14 months) and almost all my LP's have been only 8 days long. 

Update on me:  I went to the endo today for a checkup for my thyroid, and discussed the LP thing with him.  He said he believes it is not thyroid related, and is purely due to breastfeeding.  He thinks that even though I've been cycling (and ovulating) for a while, my repro hormones are suppressed enough by nursing that the LP is short.  He said he wouldn't worry til I've TTC'd with no success for 4 cycles AFTER weaning.  He expects that after weaning, the LP will lengthen automatically to 12+ days.  I was hoping to get preg in the next couple of cycles and nurse while preg for a few months.

So, I'm kind of disappointed that it can't be simply 'fixed' by adjusting thryoid meds. (Got the test done today anyway, results are yet to come and adjustments may be needed unrelated to TTC).  DS shows NO signs of being ready to cut back on nursing.  He nurses about every 3 hours while he's awake, which means about 6-7 times daily bw 6am and 11pm.  He eats a good amt of solids but it seems he still needs the milk calories, acc to the ped, for his weight.  He's on dairy too but jsut a few ounces a day.  And he just likes to nurse and I like the BF relationship.

I understand that nature built in some lacation-induced infertility for most women for a reason, to focus on the baby you already have.  I just didn't think I'd fit into this category since I've been cycling so long already.  So now I'm trying to wrap my head around the possibility of having to wean DS before being able to conceive.  I'm not willing to try to wean DS until he's 2 years old (Nov).  I just don't think it's fair to him to force him to wean now when he needs it so much and he's still quite young, just so I can get pregnant now.

Maybe my LP will lengthen by itself with no change in nursing (fingers crossed, though that would defy logic at this point!)  We had hoped for about 2 years bw kiddos, but maybe that's not meant to be for us, and our kids will have to be farther apart. 

#108 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 01:03 PM

Zjande - I was typing while you posted, so CONGRATS!  So happy for you!

#109 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM

Just checking in here...I am officially ttc #3 now. Well, have been for about 6 months now. Was hoping not to have to supplement with progesterone this time but it looks like that may be the only way for me. If no, non-progesterone, baby by April, will try that again. Scared about another ectopic or miscarriage but am making it through. Oh and I have a 6 1/2 and 2 1/2 year old. 2 1/1 year old still nursing, mostly at night and nap time.

Wish us luck!!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#110 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 05:04 PM

Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post

Guess what guess what!

Shock of all shocks, I got a BFP last night!! heartbeat.gif

#111 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 05:28 PM

Hi there!  I am now in 2ww, 1 dpo...congrat everyone!

Working Mama to DD energy.gif(2/14/09) and DS biggrinbounce.gif(9/13/12)saynovax.gifcd.gifnocirc.gif homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFand wife to DH (7/31/05)

#112 of 191 Old 01-18-2011, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

mamaharrison~ Welcome to the group. I put you under waiting to catch 1st pp egg.  With my daughter af returend when she was roughly 12months old. With my son af returned when he was 14/15months old.

Zjande~ Congrats joy.gif

Peaches'Mom~fingersx.gif

naturegirl~ I added you to waiting to O, please let me know if you need to be moved.

4/05,7/05,11/10
#113 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 10:15 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the congratulations sent our way, everyone!

dust.gifDust for you!! dust.gif    dust.gif dust.gif   dust.gif   dust.gif

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 17 yo DS, 9 yo DS, 7 yo DS, 5 yr old DS, 3 yo DD, 2 yo DS, and our newest family member, a boy born December 2014!
#114 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Hi there, I've been a bit quiet lately, feeling bummed by the lack of any changes. It's nearly four months after total weaning for me and still no sign of returning fertility. I have an appointment next week for fasting serum prolactin, so we'll see. Normally I am exactly the opposite of aggressive medical management, but the doctor looks at me and sees "you're so young!" and I look at me and see wanting a larger family and history of early menopause in my family.

A huge congrats to all the BFPs I missed! Fingers crossed for those in the 2ww!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#115 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 12:06 PM

What do you all think of buying OPK's when there is no PPAF yet?

I'm hoping to catch the first egg but I don't want to waste $ either....

#116 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

gozal~ i hope you get some answers hug.gif

sraplayas~ I'd probably by a few and maybe only use them if you get fertile looking cm, so you wouldn't totally be wasting them.

4/05,7/05,11/10
#117 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 12:37 PM

Mentioned: 454 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 66 Post(s)

zjande - Congratulations!!!!  How exciting.  It seems to be busy around here. 

AFM - I'm officially in the 2ww, I think.  I think I'm 1 DPO now.  So, we'll see what happens.  http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/21b89c

Baby dust everyone! 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then:

And THEN twins: Matt 11/14 and his guardian angel Billy 11/18/14 - 11/28/14

Ten days in our lives, a lifetime in our hearts

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#118 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 04:42 PM

zjande - joy.gif  joy.gif  joy.gif  

gozal - hug2.gif  That must be so stressful. I hope you get answers & you are fertile again soon.

sraplayas - I agree with SoCali, but also want to warn you that OPKs can be misleading. Before your PPAF (and, for some of us, even for many months afterward irked.gif), your body may gear up to O without actually getting there. Are you charting, too? As far as I know, that is the only way to confirm O. Good luck!

SoCali - thanks for the fx. I am already getting my hopes up....

xerxella - fingersx.gif  How long will you wait before you test? I'm already strategizing redface.gif

#119 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

sraplayas~ Ditto what peaches' mom said about OPK's being misleading and how you should also chart temps in addition to using OPK's.

xerxella~fingersx.gif

4/05,7/05,11/10
#120 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 PM

Had to pop in to say. . .

zjande--congrats!!!  :D So happy for you!  To answer your question about OPKs, yes, they will turn neg pretty quickly usually the day that you O. Could be the day after, but OPKs catch the LH surge and that usually happens in the 12-36 hours BEFORE you O.  Hope that helps you pinpoint your dpo. . .not that it matters, you're pg!  H&H9 to you!

sraplayas--on the OPKs. . .I have been like you and waiting for my first PP AF and wondering and going crazy. So I did buy OPKs and I just had my first + this week! :)  Even though I could have guessed since I had all other signs of impending O (sore nipples, EWCM, etc), it was really nice to see those two lines.  I am now waiting to see if I get a temp rise to confirm that I did actually O.  I sure hope I did after all that!  I did use up a lot though b/c I like to POAS, hehe.  But I could have been conservative and only used them this past week, when I knew something was up.  I found an ebay seller that has wondfos for super cheap and I actually used them along with the more $ ones when I got my + and the wondfos were just as good. On ebay I got 30 OPKs for $9 (free shipping!).  

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page