Nursing Mamas TTC January 2011 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

thanks for all of the really helpful information on OPK's.  I think I'll look around for a really good deal and continue charting.  I just changed to temping vaginally a week ago, too which complicates things a bit.  

I did have a very fertile-feeling two weeks in November but no PPAF and then went through a less intense few days like that this last month.  I'm hoping that by body is gearing up and trying not to get discouraged so thanks again! 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#122 of 191 Old 01-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Hello mamas! My name is Natalee and I am brand new around here. I have 2 daughters (5 and 2) and am TTC #3. I am still nursing my 2 y/o (actually 28 month old) at least 3x a day...although if you left it up to her it would probably be 10x a day. As of Sept of 2010 I had still not gotten my first PPAF but instead had become pg. Def a shocker! Sadly the pg ended in m/c in the beginning of Dec. I have no idea how far along the baby had gotten b/c I never had an u/s. I proceeded to finally get my 1st PPAF on Jan 2 and believe I am now in the 2ww period. I may have ovulated on Monday (1/17) b/c I had LOTS of what I believe was mittelschmerz pain and definite nipple pain (which is still going on right now...the nipple pain, that is.) Not sure if I ever had very fertile CM, or if I did it was not in abundance b/c I did not notice it. Also OPK tests I took never showed a definitive dark line but had plenty of clearly visible lines. Is it possible I didn't even O? If I did I was really hoping to pinpoint the exact O date b/c with the last pregnancy it was driving me bonkers that I didn't have a LMP or anything to go by. All I had was the 2 days we BD and the neg/positive pg test dates.

So now I wait...lurk.gif

So sorry to hear about the recent losses. {{{HUGS}}}

Hope to be around to see lots more BFP! GL to you all!

#123 of 191 Old 01-20-2011, 12:24 AM

hi all. checking back in after a while. Still ttc #2. I'm waiting to o. hugs to all the loss mamas. come hang out with us in the loss forum and ttc after a loss. very supportive!

loving mommy to DD (3/08), brokenheart.gif our little strawberry (7/10). brokenheart.gif little seedling (10/10). brokenheart.gif little pear (4/11). Praying for a Rainbow - due Nov!

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***rainbow1284.gif**

#124 of 191 Old 01-20-2011, 06:07 AM

Hi ladies!  Can I join you?  I think I just got my first PPAF today!  DD is 2 years, 2 months old.  She nurses about 6-7 times a day, probably 3 of those are at night.  She just started going longer during the day - more like 5-6 hours at a time without nursing.

I am happy to see AF because we have been really hoping to TTC #2, so I think this means that we are at least on the right track...

I am looking forward to getting to know all of you!  :)

Edit: I guess I'm waiting to O!  :)

Mama to a little bouncy girl (11/08) and someone new coming 11/11!
#125 of 191 Old 01-20-2011, 09:13 AM

Congrats to the newly expecting mommies. Wishes for a wonderful pregnancy for you! joy.gif

You can pop me over the the 2ww list. ;-) I am pretty sure I ovulated within the last couple of days.

And my advice on the OPK's.  I would start charting first for a couple of months and see if you are getting a temp. rise. If so, then start using the OPK's with that if you would like. A lot of times charting is all you need. My 2 cents.

Does anyone have a good link on a good place to get cheap pregnancy tests? I am almost out. (I test a little crazy since I had an ectopic pregnancy once and didn't even know I was pregnant...long story...)

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#126 of 191 Old 01-20-2011, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Updated List To Here

Welcome to the group Summersquash & flamama2mygirls

Welcome Back Wendlynnn

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#127 of 191 Old 01-20-2011, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Please move me to Waiting to O. Maybe when I O in another 30 days we'll catch that egg. :(

Mother, wife, doula, and lactivist.
#128 of 191 Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Sorry, GreenMamma :(

I got a saline sonohystogram today, and everything looks good.  I even asked to make sure it looked like I was a good candidate for a vbac, and they said yes.  So that's good news...

What he did say was basically what I have felt in my heart.  That nursing is probably what's preventing us from conceiving.  And he also said that there aren't any fertility drugs he felt comfortable prescribing while nursing?  Is this what you mamas have found to be true, too? 

It's got me thinking about using herbs... Are there any to help with fertility while nursing?  My cycle appears to be normal and regular, but I haven't been temping.  I did have a chem pg in July.  So I must have ovulated at least ONCE.  Is this a bad idea?  Could it put any possible pregnancy at risk for a m/c?  Dd isn't ready to ween, but I am ready to get pg :(  So for now we are just going to continue nursing, and continue ttc, but I want to know more about herbs....

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#129 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

GreenMama~ hug.gifhug.gif

Marmo~ Glad the saline sonohystogram went well.

Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#130 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 08:07 AM

Mentioned: 145 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)

Peaches mom - I'm an early tester.  I'll hold out til at least 8 dpo!  lol  That's Wednesday.  But I'll test once a day until BFP (Yeah!) or af (Booooo!)  Negative tests don't bother me.  I got a BFP at 12 dpo with my ds and 11 dpo with my dd. 

flamama - I'm sorry to hear about your loss.  Welcome to the group.  Hopefully, your stay here will be a short one! 

Summersquash - Welcome!  It's good to see af at first and then you'll never want to see her again! 

Greenmama - Sorry about the long cycles. 

Marmo and Greenmama - Have you tried soy?  Some women swear by it and it's safe while breastfeeding. 

AFM - This cycle really looks great.  It was a surprising strong temp rise.  Does anyone know what that means?  I imagine it's a good thing.  Thoughts? 

Married to one of the last good guys left Jim
Mom to AJ 4/07 and Genevieve 5/09

And then: I'm really, really tired of making angels.

But wait, could it really be true?

The whole story at: www.xerxella.blogspot.com
#131 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 08:28 AM

I have tried soy, but I can't use a high enough dose because of my thyroid. And Vitex doesn't seem to help me much.

#132 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 10:31 AM

marmo, I would start charting to see if you are ovulating late or have a short luteal phase. There are a lot of natural and herbal remedies for those issues that would be safe while breastfeeding. Generally, as long as you are ovulating though, breastfeeding shouldn't affect fertility.

Day 2 (or maybe 3) of my 2ww. I typically have a short luteal phase so it is more like a week and a half wait for me. irked.gif

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#133 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 11:25 AM

Can you say more about the remedies for short LP? I have been having 8 day LP's, but I am ovulating.  Don't want to wait to wean to lengthen LP and get pregnant, if possible.  Also hypothyroid, so that might limit options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post

marmo, I would start charting to see if you are ovulating late or have a short luteal phase. There are a lot of natural and herbal remedies for those issues that would be safe while breastfeeding. Generally, as long as you are ovulating though, breastfeeding shouldn't affect fertility.

Day 2 (or maybe 3) of my 2ww. I typically have a short luteal phase so it is more like a week and a half wait for me. irked.gif

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#134 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 11:31 AM

peeonastick.com has a list of most tests on the market and how reliable they are. Most of the dollar store tests are remarkably reliable! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturegirl View Post

Congrats to the newly expecting mommies. Wishes for a wonderful pregnancy for you! joy.gif

You can pop me over the the 2ww list. ;-) I am pretty sure I ovulated within the last couple of days.

And my advice on the OPK's.  I would start charting first for a couple of months and see if you are getting a temp. rise. If so, then start using the OPK's with that if you would like. A lot of times charting is all you need. My 2 cents.

Does anyone have a good link on a good place to get cheap pregnancy tests? I am almost out. (I test a little crazy since I had an ectopic pregnancy once and didn't even know I was pregnant...long story...)

Superherolactivist.gif and mother to Peanut (03/20/09) and Twig (01/20/2012). Fighting for the rights of mothers out there who winner.jpg selectivevax.gif fly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFfamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg and much more! mdcblog5.gif 

#135 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 11:34 AM

mariacm - I have a short LP as well and this time I'm trying B-Complex to lengthen it out.

#136 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 11:38 AM

Thanks, GreenMamma.  I'm on B-complex too, have been for 2 months I think but no luck so far.  We'll see what happens this cycle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMamma View Post

mariacm - I have a short LP as well and this time I'm trying B-Complex to lengthen it out.

Mama to my beautiful DS bornhomebirth.jpg 11/09 and sweet DD born homebirth.jpg1/12.  angel1.gif Malaika 3/11 (8 wks).  winner.jpgnocirc.gifsaynovax.gifhola.gif

#137 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 01:42 PM

For lengthening the luteal phase B6 worked for me the last time around.  50 mg a day and that cycle I got pg.  I have also read studies about Vitamin C lengthening the luteal pase.  Couldn't hurt! 

Sorry greenmama - My only other thought is grapefruit juice.  It;s supposed to bring on ovulation and it really helped me make a ton of EWCM. 

#138 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 01:48 PM

I'm joining in! 

I am RIGHT in the zone these few days.  I have only JUST decided that I am ready to try again, after a very difficult year of multiple miscarriage. 

I have new hope however, after discovering from independent research that a Vitamin D deficiency may have been the problem...since NOTHING else has given

us answers or cause for alarm, other than the losses themselves. 

I am now on my regimented vitamin and healthy food focus again...and if I am so blessed with a pregnancy, I will resume the crazy strict routine that I had when I carried my DS...because he was a wonderful pregnancy and came out perfect. 

It's good to feel supported! 

Thank you for being here...though who knows how long right? 

-Annette

Mother of 2 boys, new little one on the way
#139 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 06:57 PM

Interesting...I'm taking a prenatal multivitamin and Vitamin C daily.  I just checked and my prenatal vitamin only has 2.2mg of B6 per daily dose!  So, do you take the B6 until you think you've O'd?  I have not had a PPAF so this could be a while. 

Grapefruit juice??  Wow.  I love it, how much did you drink and how often?  Maybe the vitamin C?

Thanks for sharing. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxella View Post

For lengthening the luteal phase B6 worked for me the last time around.  50 mg a day and that cycle I got pg.  I have also read studies about Vitamin C lengthening the luteal pase.  Couldn't hurt! 

Sorry greenmama - My only other thought is grapefruit juice.  It;s supposed to bring on ovulation and it really helped me make a ton of EWCM. 

SAHM bf.gif, DH reading.gif, DD  (03/05) dust.gif, DS1hola.gif(01/09), DS2 babyf.gif(06/12) & dog2.gif

#140 of 191 Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

#141 of 191 Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 AM

Hello fabulous ladies!

I'd love to join you. I was lurking a bit while sweating out a 42 day cycle (with at least 7 BFNs, it was torture!). I have a 2.5 yr old DS who is a complete boobaholic.We've been TTC off and on for a year and a half with one m/c. The crazy cycle convinced me to get serious with temping and OPKs.

I'm waiting to O and feeling pretty good about seeing lots of BFPs 2011!

Mommy to DS (05/08), in love with my SAH DH, waiting for someone new any day now. innocent.gif
#142 of 191 Old 01-22-2011, 11:37 AM

Thanks for the welcome mamas!

#143 of 191 Old 01-22-2011, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

MommyPixie~ Welcome to the group.

#144 of 191 Old 01-22-2011, 09:25 PM

Hey ladies.  I got good news in the bathroom tonight, and this was the first place I came!  I didn't get a BFP, but AF has finally made an appearance after 16 months of BFing.  So, please move me to Waiting to Ovulate!  I almost as excited as I would be with a BFP... almost.

"Well behaved women seldom make history." Laurel Ulrich   To make my mark I familybed2.gifnovaxnocirc.giffly-by-nursing2.giffemalesling.GIFhbac.gif waterbirth.jpgcd.gif adoptionheart-1.gif, among other things,  and try to live a sustainable, natural life. My brood includes DD1, DS1 2 and 3, and expecting another in Aug 2014. 
#145 of 191 Old 01-23-2011, 06:44 AM

Welcome.gif MommyPixie & Flamama....good luck to you both!

jennyvangy - joy.gif for your PPAF, sending lots of goodvibes.gif that you get a different surprise next month!!!

AFM - I'm just hanging out & obsessing over my chart...counting down the days until I can test with some hope! Can't wait to hear from the others in the Wait....kup on your tests!

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#146 of 191 Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 AM - Thread Starter

Updated List To Here

jennyvangy~ congrats on getting af.

peaches'mom~ fingersx.gif

I think i'm in the 2ww, missed a bunch of temps but think i O'd on cd15, any input is appreciated if any one wants to stalk my chart. I'm gonna try and not test til af is late if i can hold out til then.

#147 of 191 Old 01-23-2011, 01:20 PM

I took 50 mg B-6 all cycle long.  I just checked around and it looks like the maximum recommended dose on conservatitive websites is 100 mg - 200 mg, so 50 mg seems safe. 

The study I read helped women with a short luteal phase had them on 750 mg Vitamin C a day.  Here it is:  http://bastyrcenter.org/content/view/620/&page

As for the grapefruit juice, it's all anecdotal evidence.  It seems to be an old wives tale.  (But, some of those old wives were really smart!)  :)  So, who knows.  If you were looking for something to drink, it couldn't hurt.  I drank alot (about 3-4 glasses) a day in the 4 days before ovulation.  It does seem to give me more EWCM, but maybe it's just my perception. 

#148 of 191 Old 01-23-2011, 06:40 PM

I had a teeny tiny brownish spotting tonight, then nothing since. I am 8 dpo, wondering now if AF is coming early or if this could be implantation....trying to stay optimistic without getting my hopes too high. 

Loving Mama to Sparklesviolin.gif(05) and Doodle modifiedartist.gif(08), dog2.gif & cat.gif. Eagerly expecting a new little firecracker 11/2011!
homeschool.gif   homebirth.jpg   goorganic.jpg    wool.gif
#149 of 191 Old 01-24-2011, 06:10 AM

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!  

Peaches' mom - I hope it is implantation!  

Jennyvangy - AF! (Isn't it such a different feeling to be happy to see AF?) 

Mama to a little bouncy girl (11/08) and someone new coming 11/11!
#150 of 191 Old 01-24-2011, 07:33 AM

SoCaliMommy - I looked at your chart.  Hard to tell with missing temps, but based on CM, it looks like it could be CD15 for O.  You would know best!  =)  Hope it turns out to be a BFP for you this cycle! 

Xerxella - thanks for the short LP recs.  Good to know!  I might just add some vit C to my regimen.  DH is already on it (Fertility, Cycles and Nutrition says it's good for the 'boys') so we have tons of it in the house anyway.  And the good thing is, it's the chewables!  God knows I really don't need to swallow any more pills!  lol.

AFM- still waiting to O.  Got my thryoid tests back (did I already say this? can't remember!) and they said they were fine and stay on same dose of meds.  Waiting to hear the actual levels and also reminded the RN that the doc said he wanted to max me out, so not sure what will happen this week when they call back again. 

Also trying to be on an every-other-day BD "schedule", since that way we're ready for O whenever it is, and they say skipping a day is better for the 'boys'.  After a year of CTA, it's nice to do the opposite!  lol.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page