No stressors in January 2011! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 87 Old 12-31-2010, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

No Stressors / No Obsessors - January 2011!

Welcome This is a place where we come together for strength and sharing wisdom on how to be more stress-free during our trying to conceive journeys. We may still test, just not ridiculously early, if we can help it. You'll find people encouraging you to hold off when you are feeling weak. Share tips and tricks, and words of wisdom on how to enjoy our time making a baby as much as we can!

Anyone is free to join!
Please BOLD new member info, changes in cycle, Big Fat Positives, adding charts etc, and if I miss it, direct message me.

Our Members!

* Attached2Elijah: TTC #3 for me, #5 for DH since 8/10
* annaconda: TTC #1
* babsbob: TTC after m/c
* baylady02: TTC #1, I'm 20, DH is 27. 5th cycle TTC. Never been on BC.

* Black Orchid: me (31) DH (34) TTC#3 Cycle 5
* blackbird2
* bootsvalentine: TTC #1. I'm 31, dh is 34, TTC since 7/10

* cbaa2010: (25) TTC #1

* ciles: cycle 7 TTC #2 for me, #1 for DH
* CrimsonTideMom
* crunchyruchie
* *Dawn*: TTC#1
* EhveesMom: (31) and dh (32) TTC #2 Cycle #1
* EllyMayMomma
* frugalmum
* gringuitica: (27) TTC #1
* gummibears
* Hesperia: 23, & DH 30. TTC #1, Cycle #12
* iheartmyfamily: TTC #1
* janeyenaj: (29) and DH (32) TTC #1 Cycle #2.
* jtc77: 32 and DH 39 TTC #1
* Karmamamaa: TTC #2
* Kaydove: (26) and DH (40), TTC #1, 4th cycle TTC, 8th cycle off of the Mirena IUD

* marmo
* Mommy*Wishes
* MoOnFiReGlOw: 27, dh 33. TTC 1 year, suspected MFI
* mrsberman: (26) ttc#2, DD 12 months
* MrsHin2002
* Musicoholic: (33) TTC #2 - finally brave enough to try for a sibling for our almost 6 y.o.
* naturechicplus1: TTC #2

* objet_trouve : TTC#1 since Jan 2010
* OJazzy1: (25), TTC#2, cycle 12
* Paigekitten: DH (24) and I (23) are kinda trying for a third.
* Rubygirl36: TTC #1
* tjlucca: (29) TTC #2, cycle #2
* samy23

*~~Sarah~~
* sarahkristin
* Silverbird: TTC #1
* Sourire: (28), TTC #1, cycle 5
* Sweet.Bee: TTC#2
* SWhite: We are TTC #1 Cycle #1
* swimming-duck
* Taxlady:TTC #1
* TickleToes (34): TTC #1, Cycle 4
* tjjazzy: TTC #3
* TTC3years

* TTCChloeOrConner
* ValH: (30) TTC#1 since 01/2010

* Veronika01 : TTC #5

Waiting to Try Again
(ie health, distance between partners, taking a break etc)

* Mother Cake: TTC #1, cycle #1
* MrsD08: Samantha 24, DH 31, TTC Baby D #1 since September 2009 w/ male factor infertility.
* Waiting4SJ: TTC #1

CONGRATULATIONS!
Graduates of the No Stressors/No Obsessors tribe!

~January 2011 BFPs~

*~~Sarah~~

* ValH

~December 2010 BFPs~

*Baby_Cakes

~November 2010 BFPs~

*LivingSky

*copper.kettle

*BeantownBaby9

*Birdie.B

~October 2010 BFPs~
*BarefootinBrooklyn
*Wake_Up
*Mama Metis

~September 2010 BFPs~
* Painefaria
* slb1107
* elonwy
* ryleeee
* BarefootScientist
* heathenmom
* anightingale
* Smokering

~August 2010 BFPs~
* Steph152
* Blanca78
* karmab

~July 2010 BFPs~
* Banana731
* Neuromancer

~June 2010 BFPs~
* Lydiah
* finnegansmom
* echospiritwarrior

~May 2010 BFPs~
* Pirogi: & DH 30-something. DD(2) DUE last week of January
* Nintendork: Kristin & DH, both 28 . DUE first week of February!

Weekend Check-In
Name:
Date:
Where are you in your cycle:
Symptoms if they apply:
When are you thinking of testing:
Thoughts:
Appointments:
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:
Do you have any stress triggers:
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:
Partners feelings if applicable:
Plans for this weekend:

Past positive words from our members:
"My body knows how to conceive" from Lyndzies, expecting her first October!

mom to: M born Aug 2011 & K 2yo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 01:03 AM

Thanks for the new thread Sarah!  love.gif

Weekend Check-In
Name:
 Bee
Date:  New Year's Day
Where are you in your cycle:  CD6
Symptoms if they apply:  none
When are you thinking of testing:  I'm not testing.  Well, Feb 5 if I have need to...
Thoughts:  meh.  Whatever.  I'm over the whole thing at the moment.
Appointments:  none
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  added Kelp to my morning rattle-inducing pill collection
Do you have any stress triggers:  nope.  Technically on holiday until January 27 (but will start doing prep on Monday when DH opens his classes again)
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:  meh.
Partners feelings if applicable:  devastated over another possible loss last week...  wants a sticky asap.  Trying very hard to understand why I'm emotionless about it, poor guy.
Plans for this weekend:  chillaxing (I hate that word!!!  lol)  Doing as little as possible.

#3 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 05:22 AM - Thread Starter

Weekend Check-In
Name: Sarah
Date: Jan 1st!
Where are you in your cycle: at a record breaking 12 days dpo today! (last cycle was a record breaking 7 days...)
Symptoms if they apply: hungry, mild heartburn, mild nausea,
When are you thinking of testing: I dunno... should I? I usually don't test at all.
Thoughts: wondering if I could be pregnant...
Appointments: I should probably be running off to my acupuncturist right now, maybe I will call her when it's a reasonable hour.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: actually, I am very slowly weaning off the progesterone cream that was giving me bad side effects
Do you have any stress triggers: anything that reminds me of my last birth, ie. everything
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: I'm 12 freaking days post ovulatory! Even I don't get/stay pregnant this cycle I now have a normal LP!
Partners feelings if applicable: as usual, excited/slightly apprehensive
Plans for this weekend: maxin' relaxin'
orngtongue.gif

#4 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 11:24 AM - Thread Starter

I'm pregnant!

After three back to back m/c before DD was conceived, I don't "count my chickens" before I get to about 8 weeks, so I'm gonna stick around here for a while (and manage the thread of course), but Yay!

#5 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 12:28 PM

CONGRATS SARAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

#6 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 12:46 PM

Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Congrats sarah! What a wonderful way to start the new year! Paying for a sticky baby for you & baby dust for the rest of us!

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
IVF x3, FET x3 & IVF wPGD FETx1 gave us our miracle twins (and 4 frosties)
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#7 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 01:18 PM

Now that's the way to start the new year, Sarah!!  CONGRATULATIONS!!

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#8 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 01:37 PM

Congrats Sarah!! And thanks for the new thread.

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#9 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

CONGRATS SARAH!!!!

Weekend Check-In
Name: Heidi
Date: Sat, Jan 1
Where are you in your cycle: CD 5
Symptoms if they apply: AF
When are you thinking of testing: I will only test if I make it to 12DPO with no AF... that has never happened to me before soooo looks like I won't be spending a lot of money on HPTs!
Thoughts: Not really thinking about TTC too much these days... I'm bored of TTC!
Appointments: Acupuncture every wednesday
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Started progesterone cream last cycle and it really messed up my LP (lots of bleeding during the LP)... I will try it for one more month, but this time I will actually follow the instructions hehe
Do you have any stress triggers: Going back to work!
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Being on vacation! 4 more days of freedom!
Partners feelings if applicable: He was much more disappointed than me when AF came, probably because he was a lot more optimistic than I was about our chances! Its funny because we have totally reversed our attitudes about TTC since we started... for the first 3 months I was super hopeful and he didn't really think our chances were good, and now its the opposite!
Plans for this weekend: Having a huge family dinner at my place tomorrow... I have a lot of cooking to do!

Me (32), married to DH (35)

3 years of TTC #1, M/C @ 6wks in May 2013 angel1.gif
Mom to Liliana born May 8 2014 bfinfant.gif
mdcblog5.gif www.babythehardway.com

#10 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 02:58 PM

Wow! Talk about threadkeeper's luck!  Congrats!

#11 of 87 Old 01-01-2011, 05:00 PM

CONGRATS SARAH! and that IS an exciting way to start off the New Year! Sticky Baby Dust to you!!!! goodvibes.gif

Weekend Check-In
Name: Jasmine
Date: Jan 1st!
Where are you in your cycle: CD 5
Symptoms if they apply: none
When are you thinking of testing: I think since this is cycle 5, I will just try my best to at least wait until the morning AF is due. She is usually right on time, so if no show, then I will test. 
Thoughts: wondering if this will be the month that I get pregnant
Appointments: none at this time
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: thought about taking prenatals, but I dont want to freak DH out because we are supposed to be just seeing whatever happens and I dont want him to think that I am really TRYING to get pregnant.
Do you have any stress triggers: I work two jobs and have a DH that owns his own business so we are both almost always stressed out. 
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: we try to have a date night at least once a week where we just go to the movies and try to enjoy each others company. 
Plans for this weekend: we are having friends over tomm, that should be loads of fun and laughter. 

#12 of 87 Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 AM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Lofn
Date: Jan 02
Where are you in your cycle: Clomid Day 10
Symptoms if they apply: nothing, I just still have the flu really bad.
When are you thinking of testing:I don't even know.
Thoughts: I'm having a really hard time believing that having kids is something I can even do. I was brought up (fundamentalist christian, undergoing ex-gay "therapy" as a teenager) believing very negative things about myself, that butch and androgynous aren't compatible with being a woman, that bisexual people with high sex drives are doomed to live unfulfilling and unstable lives, that gay people are dangerous around children, so it's difficult for me to stay positive, after hearing for so long that I'm no real woman and that I shouldn't have kids so much in my life. It doesn't make me think I shouldn't, I know my husband and I are great people and have a lot to offer a kid, I'm just REALLY superstitous, and trying to not believe that my infertility issues aren't the result of the universe going "nope, not that chick. She has a mohawk and isn't heterosexual."
Appointments: day 21 ovulation test is the 13th
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Got new prenatals. Think they need more calcium in them.
Do you have any stress triggers:I'm getting pretty tired of having this flu bug. It's much worse than any bug I've had in the past couple years, and it's not going away very easily. Every now and then I start feeling a little better, and then one nostril clogs up and I can't breathe again.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Red Letter Media put out a review of the third Star Wars prequel, and Family Guy did they're third Star Wars spoof video, so I'm getting to focus on nerdy crap instead of fertility/pregnancy/baby stuff all the time. Also, I'm getting a handsander (hopefully) today. :) I'm going to get to start restoring all this old busted up furniture soon! I'm doing a coffee table, bedside table and dresser, and I'm going to restore this old couch I got a while back.
Partners feelings if applicable: I get the feeling he's having trouble feeling like he can do anything about our situation, or like he can do anything right. He gets like this a bit. He broke a wine glass yesterday, hasn't cleaned the kitchen like he said he would because I'm sick, and he screwed up at the post office so that they've just been returning all our mail (including bills and all my medical stuff) to the sender. Usually I'm pretty nice and understanding about this, but this is one of those times when I need some attention and need to work through my own issues, and I think he understands that. Him getting down on himself about his abilities (especially stuff that I don't see as all that bad, not like I don't break wine glasses and get confused when I have to fill out lots of stupid forms) right as we're supposed to be scheduling intercourse...it's just not going to help here. If he has concerns, we should talk about it, but I don't need him getting depressed when I'm this anxious and stressed out.
Plans for this weekend: just trying to get better :(

TTC #1 My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/329153

#13 of 87 Old 01-02-2011, 12:44 PM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Taxlady
Date: Jan 2nd (in France)
Where are you in your cycle: teens.. not sure I'm on vacation
Symptoms if they apply: lots of EWCM
When are you thinking of testing: When/if I'm late or getting close and wanting a spirit orngbiggrin.gif 
Thoughts: Just trying to relax on vacation - but I did think of Objet today.. not sure why - but you popped into my head.. hug.gif
Appointments: Jan 17th Gastro - then I'll start making the real appointments with fertility people.  Hell my insurance doubles this month.. I might as well use it!
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: going to do a little more to get the extra french poundage off my butt when I get home.
Do you have any stress triggers: Right now, I have to say I'm pretty stress free.  Even though I am travelling, I'm with my capable DH and my parents.  DH and I leave for Holland Tuesday, and I'm not worried one bit.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Probably the fact that I'm just doing what's on tomorrow's agenda.  It's so much fun.
Plans for this weekend: Weekend over..

Get better Objet, VJSJ - have a great date night, Music - did I miss something.. do you think you had a early m/c?...OMG I'm sorry, Have fun at the family dinner Sourire (or I hope you had fun) would love to hear what you made, OJazzy1 - where's your check in lady? orngbiggrin.gif (not that I'm one to talk!), and ~Sarah~ - goodvibes.gifsticky dust - if you feel ready to move at anytime, I'll be happy to take over if you want.

XOXOX gals.. we're all good.  dust.gif

Married to DH since 7/08 - TTC since 8/09
#14 of 87 Old 01-02-2011, 01:06 PM

Weekend Check-In
Name: Cait
Date: Sunday, Jan 2nd
Where are you in your cycle: CD 20, 3 DPO
Symptoms if they apply: Sore BBs but really not as much as normal. Nothing else.
When are you thinking of testing: Sticking to my guns this month & waiting until AF is late
Thoughts: Not confident this month, I am starting to think maybe my right side isn't as strong as my left, no ovulation spotting this month, and thinking back it seems I only spot every other month... I felt more twinges on the left last month and more on the right this month.... anyone have experience with this? It is also my first full month doing BBT my pre-o temps were wacky because I was sick and on meds for 10 days, so I don't even know what to think.
Appointments: getting a new dining room set this week, not that it has anything to do with TTC- but it is something I need to be around for!
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: Nothing new, just Vitex, B complex, Aspirin, Prenatal, & Fish Oil
Do you have any stress triggers: This cycle has actually been pretty low stress since a new baby would be difficult between Sept and Dec of this year, but we will welcome it if it happens!
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: Been busy with the holidays and hosting parties, being more care free is helping too.
Partners feelings if applicable: He will be happy either way. 

C + B + 10y together, 6y married, 5y TTC endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, 4 miscarriages
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#15 of 87 Old 01-02-2011, 01:58 PM

Taxlady:  No need! redface.gif I'm trying not to think about it.  DH is convinced though (symptoms were way too weird to be my normal LP, even I'll agree with that) - but he has stopped talking to me about it.  I don't want to know anymore; it's happened too many times now.  I'm not ever testing again until AF is a week or more late.  Even if it doesn't save the speculation - at least it spares the actual knowing.

#16 of 87 Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 AM

Sarah - CONGRATS!!!!  Happy New Year to you! 

music - hug2.gif

AFM - Doing great at being stress-free... though I think it's more apathy than anything else.  Very "blah" about TTC this cycle.  Good thing DH is into it, or we'd be out this month for sure! 

Good luck to all, and happy new year everyone! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#17 of 87 Old 01-03-2011, 01:29 PM

I can totally understand the whole "apathy" feeling. It doesn't help that it is now really the dead of winter and an easy time to feel depressed anyway. Hang in there ladies!

~Jasmine - Hunka Hub 8/07 - Mini Man 6/08 ~ Blog in profile! ~ Supporting Mothering through the WAHMarket ~
#18 of 87 Old 01-03-2011, 06:03 PM

Dead of winter here too. Not enough daylight to keep me cheerful, apathy probably describes my feelings for most things right now!

#19 of 87 Old 01-04-2011, 05:03 AM

It's reassuring to know I'm not alone with the apathy feeling.  At least the days are slowly getting longer... maybe the extra daylight will make a difference soon. 

grouphug.gif  Group hug to all of us that have been feeling a bit down on TTCing (and other stuff) lately. 

#20 of 87 Old 01-04-2011, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Apparently "threadkeeper's luck" doesn't override my own luck. Should I put this on my long list of miscarriages or pretend it's just a chemical? Now I'm off to take my name off of the successes for January. :(

#21 of 87 Old 01-04-2011, 05:03 PM

OMG honey, I'm so so sorry.  gloomy.gif hug2.gif

#22 of 87 Old 01-04-2011, 08:30 PM

Oh Sarah I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers for you. :-(

#23 of 87 Old 01-05-2011, 04:14 AM

Hi, can I join? It seems like a lot of the ladies from another thread I'm in are in here, too! =D

Weekend Check-In
Name:
  Nicole
Date:  1/5/2011
Where are you in your cycle:  CD28
Symptoms if they apply:  Nothing.
When are you thinking of testing: This weekend if no AF. (She's due today)

Thoughts:  I'm tired of the disappointment...
Appointments:  None.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc:  Still doing the prenatals and B-Complex.
Do you have any stress triggers:  School just started back up... My wedding is in 2 months and 3 days.
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle:  Blocking it out. :-p
Partners feelings if applicable:  He's done trying. He's convinced it'll never happen and he's tired of getting his hopes up. Poor guy.
Plans for this weekend: Heading to Parris Island, SC to watch my little brother graduate boot camp (Marines.).

Sarah, I'm so sorry. =(

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

#24 of 87 Old 01-05-2011, 04:46 AM

Sarah - hug2.gif  I am so sorry.  You will be in my prayers. 

TTCCorC - Welcome to the group!! 

#25 of 87 Old 01-05-2011, 03:23 PM

So sorry Sarah hug2.gif

#26 of 87 Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 AM

May I join? 

First, let me say how sorry I am, Sarah.  I said it in another thread, too. But more big hug2.gif

Name: Mary
Date: 1/5/11
Where are you in your cycle:
2ww, not sure how many dpo, but af is expected on the 13th or 14th (8-9 days)
Symptoms if they apply: I'm tired and have to pee a lot, but that could because I have a toddler, and I drink a lot of caffeine to keep up with the toddler ;)
When are you thinking of testing:
Trying so hard to wait until the 12th. 
Thoughts: I feel good about this cycle, but then am sure I'm going to regret saying that out loud.  we're on our 9th cycle, with a chem pregnancy in July
Appointments: I'm thinking of sheduling a saline sono-hystogram next cycle as suggested by my dr. to see if there's any scarring from my c/s that might be interfering.
Any new regimes, ie herbs, medications, mantras etc: I started using epo for cm, and baby aspirin, as I have sticky  blood, in addition to the b-complex I have been taking.
Do you have any stress triggers: um my toddler's crabbiness due to her ever changing sleep schedules.  and ttc ;)
What is working to help you be stress-free this cycle: deep breaths, growing acceptance of life
Partners feelings if applicable: He doesn't share them too willingly.  I think he's getting concerned about how long it's taking. 
Plans for this weekend: playdate Friday, laundry this weekend.

Mary, mama to Adeline (5/12/09) luxlove.gifbrokenheart.gif July 2010 and brokenheart.gif Sept 2011, and Huxley (11/6/12) biggrinbounce.gif  and  stork-suprise.gif October 2014??
#27 of 87 Old 01-06-2011, 11:01 AM

Welcome to the group, Mary!! 

I hope everyone else is doing well.  Baby dust all around!!!  dust.gif

#28 of 87 Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 PM

Welcome Mary & Nicole!

No changes today. I feel twingey again with continued rising temps. Does everyone get an implantation dip? Can someone peek at my chart? It is listed in my signature.

#29 of 87 Old 01-07-2011, 03:28 PM

Not everyone gets an implantation dip. Hope this is your month!

#30 of 87 Old 01-08-2011, 06:06 AM

Doesn't look like it gloomy.gif I started spotting last night, 8 DPO- right before bedtime- JUST like last month, which makes NO sense to me since I this is my 2nd month on Vitex/B6 with no changes... I'm so annoyed today, sorry for the ranting!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page