Mothering Forum banner

Fabulous 40++TTC. New Year and New Hopes

26K views 521 replies 37 participants last post by  Kristin0105 
#1 ·
grouphug.gif
Here we go, ladies! Huddle! Share! It's the 2011 40+TTC thread!

Pass the fertility goddess game:

Sign up with a pm to BB and I will add you to the list. Get the address for the person next in line, and send the goddess to her with a treat, wish, prayer, ttc tip, whatever is in your heart to share and add. When you receive the goddess let us know online, and share the token you got from the previous player if you so wish. Some things may be better private, and I know some of us believe in keeping some things close in order not to spoil them. Here goes:

Buzzer Beater

Kristin0105
lady.gif

LitMama

Karalina

contactmaya

Stealthee

WaturMama

Previous thread: http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1267754/40-ttc-awesome-autumn-for-starting-a-baby-thread

Babies Born

kbhlmh/Karen (44) Kevin (boy) born 12/05
noordinaryspider (42) Terran born 1/18/08
Hockeylover/Juls (44) Twin Girls born 12/08
Juneau (44): Baby Girl Eliza Jane born 1/12/09
DoulaMomVicki: Edie Mae born 1/25/09
WV Mommy/Erika (41): Josiah Born 2/5/09
Veganmama719 (41): Declan James born 8/2/09
saoirse2007 (39): It's a Girl!!! Rauri born 8/16/09
ElliesMomma(41) Welcome Shawn Robert born 09/8/09
Pookietooth/Jen (44) Baby Girl 10/28/09
Stealthee (41) A new baby boy, born 1/31/10
Grace24(39) Xavier, born 2/15/10
Sunrise/Sara (43) Lucy, born 2/28/10
zonapellucida (40) Bennet, born 2/28/10
BuzzerBeater (46) Georgia, born 5/20/10
LisaSedai (42) Lily Elise, born 6/17/10
pitchfork (41) Fiona Ellen, born 8/31/10

kel32brown/Kelli (43) baby born 10/6/10

karen1968 (41) Paige Marie, born 11/5/10

2bpeaceful (42) ds born 2/5/11

BFP's:

Ompath (40) EDD 12/1/10
NeverBeenHappier (39) EDD 12/5/10
M0xxie (43) EDD 1/23/11
2bpeaceful (40) EDD 2/1/11
mentalgiant (43) EDD 2/27/11
sneezykids/Kelli (40)
BHappy/Karen (43) EDD 6/6/11

karmab (42) EDD 6/28/11

greenmama66 (44)

maritimegirl (45)

bookwormommy (42) EDD 8/8/11
mamamerle (40) 8/8/11

Halifax40 (43)

Saoirse2007 (41)

moona (41)

EonJourney (41)

Waturmama (44) EDD 12/13/11

HOPEFULS:

alittlesandy/Sandy (39)

Annie Mac (40)

beachlover (44)

Boozhemama (40)

contactmaya (44)
earthlymama (42)
edwardsmom (44)
enigo (40)

Eonjourney (40)
fuller2 (43)

gardeneraholic/alicia (46)
gerlassie (42)

Halifax40 (43)
heathenmom (39)

homebirthy/Amy (43)

hopeful mom2be (43)
jenjersnap (41)

Karalina (45)
kay99 (40)
kbhlmh (48)
http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8fcb8
kittyl/Kitty (42)
klar09/Catherine(45)
Kristin0105 (44) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1dfb40
lauraloveshorses (40)
lauri0115(43)
LitMama (42)

lotus1 (40)
Lovenkisses (42)
lovestolearn (47)

lovetolaugh (40)
lovbeingamommy/Kate (45)

mamapajama (40)
MassaginMommy/Laurie (47) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/8fe89
MI_Dawn (39) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/212b8a
moona (41)
music.mama.pdx (44)
naturallyspeaking (39)
nymomma

purplefish
reikibirth/Toni (45)
saoirse2007 (41)
Sapphos/Laura (41)

Shelley71
shy (40.5) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25ec6f

skeemama
Stealthee (42)

THANKFULFORFIVE (42)
Waturmama (44)

GETTING READY

carfreemama (42)
Folaboye

If you have information to edit or update, please PM me and I will make changes and additions ASAP. I have a really good feeling about the new year for us...! Let's add to the BFP list.

BB

grouphug.gif

See less See more
#427 ·
purplefish when I was having my m/c I remember talking to my homebirth midwife about dealing with the pain and saying something like I think the emotional pain was making the physical pain more difficult to deal with, I was hoping for a home birth not this. And she reframed it for me saying you are having a homebirth in a way. that helped me reframe it and I was able to focus on that. Good for you that you are able to put it in perspective. TCM can help if your hormones get out of whack. I went through a period where my hormones were out of balance and my moods were crazy TCM evened them out and I was no longer acting and feeling like a loon.

#429 ·
gumblossom -- I have one child, he is almost 8. This early menopause is caused by a treatment I had for my lymphoma 5.5 years ago. Without regular periods, I hesitate to use the term TTC, however we have never avoided with bc of any kind all this time. I have had acupuncture in the past to help my immunity a couple of years ago. The treatment destroyed my bone marrow for several years. It helped quite a bit, but I haven't pursued it for fertility. The RE said I was an excellent candidate for a donor egg. My dh and I are not sure, we haven't talked about it in depth. I've tried to give it some thought. It is a lot to wrap my head around. Thinking about my son as an only forever really brings me to the depth of my sadness, I feel as you do about that idea. I really wish for him to have a sibling. When he was five, we went to pick out a new pair of pajamas. Out of all the choices, he picked the set that had "big brother" on it. I didn't have the heart to say no, he wanted them so badly. But those pajamas slayed me a little every single day that he wore them. I'm going to check out your blog, I don't eat a lot of treats overall but I cannot give up pasta & bread. I just don't know. I know less sugar is best. You're awesome!

purplefish -- You have a strength that I admire from reading your posts. I am very this pregnancy didn't stick. You have an amazing attitude. Thank you for the links & book recommendations. I am really wanting to find a good way to get my calcium up. I don't even know what nettle infusions are, I am interested. The stories you shared are amazing to me.

LitMama -- Thank you for sharing your story with me. I love that you actually cried at the edge of the Pacific ocean. That is such a beautiful image for me. I love that at the end, peace flowed instead of tears. I'm so inspired by you. I also need the reminder that tests and statistics are not perfect and there are mysteries in our bodies. I should know that with my spontaneous remission, but somehow I forget. The RE told me lowering my FSH is not the challenge. It was my AMH numbers that really determined things for me. My AMH was <0.10, less than the lowest range of 0.0 to <0.3. My LH was 33.9, estradiol was 34.5 and FSH was 39.7, however she kept emphasizing over and over that FSH doesn't say much and AMH is much more valuable number.

Jess

(boozheemama)

#431 ·
I have been researching iodine supplementation and ran into this post thought I would share, it's not specifically related to iodine except that flouride replaces iodine in the body and fluoride is everywhere, anyway I thought I would share.

Surefire Ways to Reduce Your Fertility

POSTED BY
Dr. Mercola

Toxins in our environment -- in our food, air, water, toiletries and homes -- are slowly but surely invading our bodies and wreaking havoc. Among the many delicate systems that are being harmed by environmental chemicals is the reproductive system, and our very fertility may be at stake.

Only about 5 percent of all the chemicals used in the United States have ever been tested to see how they impact the human reproductive system, so know one knows for sure the extent of the damage.

What is known is that low levels of toxins can produce serious effects, not only in your own children but also in your future grandchildren's children. Some of the toxins that are known to affect fertility include:

* Methoxychlor (MCX): A common pesticide that reduces the ability of the uterus to support embryo implantation.

* Kepone, DBCP and ethylene dibromide: Pesticides that have been found to reduce sperm counts.

* MSG: A food additive that's been linked to reduced fertility.

* Phthalates: Chemicals used in toiletries and cosmetics that can cause low sperm counts, damaged or absent testicles, absent prostate glands, and premature breast development in girls.

* Fluoride: This chemical in the U.S. water supply has been linked to lower fertility rates, hormone disruption and low sperm counts.

#432 ·
And this http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3876/is_200009/ai_n8910595/

and this excerpt from the iodine thread:

If you have or are having difficulty becoming pregnant, chances are pretty good that iodine deficiency is your culprit. Your whole body needs iodine and the highest concentrations can be found in your uterus and ovaries among others. Hypothyroidism A.K.A. Iodine deficiency can cause menstrual irregularities, decreased sex drive, miscarriage, failure to ovulate, premature childbirth and pre-eclampsia. Some women experience an autoimmune version of hypothyroidism in which their bodies are producing killer cells which attacks their own tissues (including their own thyroid or an embryo). Though Iodine is the number one supplement it works synergistically with other vitamins, minerals and nutrients. The consequences of not resolving your deficiencies is the likeliness that you will not be able to maintain a pregnancy without treatment.

Deficiency of iodine seems to cause more damage in developing embryos and in fact, in pregnant women iodine deficiency causes abortions and stillborns. It is not cretinism alone that holds risks from deficiency, but the very survival of the infant itself. Adequate iodine may also provide protection from infection and vaccine damage. In a study done on 617 infants between the ages of 6 weeks and six months, in an iodine deficient area, it was shown that with the addition of 100 mg of iodine oil to the diet of newborns, that the death rate of infants was markedly lower than for those without any supplementation.

Hypothyroidism is a common cause of infertility in women and incompetent sperm in men. Many childless couples have the misfortune to be hypothyroid (one or both partners) and yet not have an abnormal lab value (T3 or T4 test) to convince the doctor to prescribe thyroid replacement therapy.

Disturbed Menstrual Flow

Another common symptom of hypothyroidism is dysfunction of the female cycle. In children, the onset of menses may be delayed or, paradoxically, it may come years early with hypothyroidism. At the other end, menopause may happen much too early or much too late. During childbearing years the menstrual cycle may be upset in just about any pattern imaginable. The most common condition is that of irregular bleeding. The lining of the uterus, the endometrium, just like other tissues in the body, requires thyroid hormone for proper growth and function.

Pregnancy

Iodine during pregnancy is so much more important than anything else. Severe iodine deficiency in a mother's diet during pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage and stillbirth. If the baby survives to term, it is likely to suffer irreversible mental retardation. This is known as cretinism and is a major cause of preventable intellectual impairment in low iodine areas. Mildly iodine-deficient children have learning disabilities and poor motivation. The developing fetus, newborn and young children are most susceptible to the effects of an iodine- deficient diet, and treatment before conception or in early pregnancy is essential to prevent irreversible damage. Breast milk contains more iodine than formula milk and premature babies who are formula-fed may be at risk of deficiency.

In newborns, iodine deficiency causes cretinism (neonatal hypothyroidism), which is characterized by jaundice, poor appetite, constipation, a hoarse cry, outpouching of the navel (umbilical hernia), and slowed bone growth. If not diagnosed and treated within a few months of birth, iodine deficiency results in mental retardation. Iodine deficiency that begins in childhood (juvenile hypothyroidism) slows growth, sometimes resulting in disproportionately short limbs as well as delayed development of teeth.

Ideally one would achieve full body sufficiency of not just Iodine but all other vitamins and mineral prior to trying to conceive, However, if you are already pregnant congratulations!) there is more to it than pop an iodine pill. The whole point is to encourage you to be more active in your health care, and that means giving you the pros and cons so that you can make an informed decision. Because iodine pushes out heavy metals some will cross the placenta and affect your unborn baby, although it will anyways because your body naturally does this, the iodine increases the amount excreted. However, the iodine your child receives is beneficial in helping their bodies excrete toxic metals as well, as you can read below, any risks are far outweighed by the benefits of iodine supplementation. I have yet to find any cons when it comes to supplementation during pregnancy or bfing, if I do find anything I will post it.

"Growth and development of 207 children (49% males; mean age 5.4 years [SD 0.2], range 4 to 7.3 years whose mothers received iodine during pregnancy, and children who received iodine first in their 2nd year, were examined in 1996; 192 children (49% males; mean age 6.5 years[SD 0.2], range 5.8 to 6.9 years) whose mothers received iodine while pregnant were seen in 1998. Children were from the southern part of China's Xinjiang Province which has the lowest levels of iodine in water and soil ever recorded. Head circumference but not height was improved for those who received iodine during pregnancy (compared with those receiving iodine at age 2) and for those supplemented before the end of the 2nd trimester (relative to those supplemented during the 3rd trimester). Iodine before the 3rd trimester predicted higher psychomotor test scores for children relative to those provided iodine later in pregnancy or at 2 years. Results from the test for cognitive development resulted in trend only differences between those children supplemented during pregnancy versus later."

"Iodine prophylaxis given before or during pregnancy has resulted in improved cognitive functioning in offspring in Ecuador"

"The literature search revealed that 60 million mainland Japanese consume a daily average of 13.8 mg of elemental iodine and they are one of the healthiest nations, based on overall wellbeing and cancer statistics (4). Japanese women do not stop consuming iodine-rich foods during pregnancy, and Japanese fetuses are exposed to maternal peripheral levels of iodide at concentrations of 10-5M to 10-6M (1-4). Either the Japanese are mutants, capable of striving on toxic levels of iodine or we have been grossly deceived, and the human body needs at least 100 times the RDA, which was established very recently in 1980 and confirmed in 1989!! (7)"

It affects animals in the same way!

"The results demonstrated that iodine supplementation restores fertility of sheep living in iodine deficient areas and may represent a means to achieve a silent iodine prophylaxis of local populations."

Anderson's 'LSD file' holds a pile of research papers (mainly international) linking iodine, vitamin E and selenium with better immune responses and lamb survival when given pre-lambing. Research covers sheep and cows, even American buffalo and Awassi sheep.

There is also research on the benefits of selenium and iodine given pre-tuppping. For example, ewes given 50mg of selenium three weeks before mating had heavier twin lambs. The lambs also had a 'boosted' immune system (levels of glutathione peroxidase).

In another trial, iodine deficient ewes were given a 'hefty' 480mg dose of iodine pre-tupping and had a radically improved lambing percentage. In this overseas trial, the ewes achieved 100% vs only 37% for non-supplemented ewes (Ferris, 2003).

"Iodine supplementation (20 mg KI twice weekly) to ewes during the last month of pregnancy and the first 3 months of lactation increased productivity. Production traits enhanced by this treatment included the birth weight (3.9 vs 3.5 kg; P < 0.01), survival (84% vs 64 %), growth rate (P < 0.05), and mature SIP wool follicle ratio of lambs (1 4.9 ¦ 1.2 vs 10.3 ¦ 1.6). "

#433 ·
Wow, Kristin! Thanks for all the research...you've given me lots of things to look into!

Purplefish, you amaze me with your strength and positive attitude. You are really inspiring!

Well, Gumblossom...it's more difficult to give up sugar than I thought. I really thought I'd start out this new year of life sugar free (turned 41 on Sat) but we spent the weekend driving 7 hours each way to a doctor appt for DS2...so hard not to have the sweets when everyone else in the car is having them! We do this trip 1x/month, so I'll have to come up with some useful strategies! DS2 has an immune system disorder and severe allergies...since I'm nursing him, I am on a very restricted diet...no wheat, dairy, fish, shellfish, eggs, beef, chicken, peanuts, tree nuts, banana, berries, broccoli...just to name a few! I think I use sugar to make myself feel less, well, restricted. But I am quite certain it would be best for DS2 and his immune system, as well as for me. So, despite a bumpy start, I'll coninue on....

Jess, don't count yourself out just yet. I'm am still amazed at your story...your body can do miraculous things. You never know what miracle it has in store for you next!

AFM...I'm certain AF will be visiting any day now, but I'm hoping for next month! Has anyone taken vitex while nursing??

#434 ·
Ladies, it's sad for me to say but I need to leave this thread for awhile. Would somebody be willing to take over threadkeeper?

I'm a little depressed coming to the realization that I am not going to get my cycles back while I am taking domperidone... this nursing relationship is the most precious thing I have ever had in my life and I can't picture giving it up in order to ttc. Chances are so low that I could ever conceive... not willing to risk it. I feel like such a lucky woman to have Georgia, I am going to concentrate on us for now and maybe soon work on hubby to think more about adopting.

You are such a great group of people, I wish you all the best, and I'm sure I will keep up with you some.

#435 ·
Buzzer Beater, you will be missed. Blessings to you and your sweet babe who is so lucky to have a mama like you.

Hi everyone, I'm back after a nice long vacation in San Francisco. I missed a month of TTC while I was there as DH didn't arrive till 1 DPO, dangit, but I did O on CD15, which is generally a good thing. Looking forward to catching up and reconnecting with you ladies.

#436 ·
Buzzerbeater, sad to hear you are leaving, but on the other hand i am inspired to hear your new journey into adoption. Are you able to share that with us from time to time? I understand how you feel about the breastfeeding.

Kristen, you've inspired me to start taking my kelp (good source of iodine) again. Btw, i just had my thryoid checked and it never was low. Didnt think so. (low iodine can lead to low thryoid)

Welcome back Slealthee.

Hello everyone!

Nothing much to report from me...

#437 ·
Buzzerbeater sorry to see you go but totally understand about the nursing. I waited 2 years to TTC because I didn't want to risk the nursing with my LO. Best of luck to you, and keep us updated no reason why you can't stop in and check in with us.

Maya some of the info. I read said that your thyroid levels can come back normal even if your thyroid needs iodine or even thyroid hormone. It's really confusing and hard to tell hype from fact at times. Kelp is good.

I started the iodine last week and swear it gave me more energy already. I cleaned two rooms that had been ignored too long. did not get me to organize my office but hey you have to start somewhere.

#438 ·
Purplefish, i am going to order those books. Thanks!!

Gumblossom, im sorry to hear it is so hard for you. It would be hard not to have your dh on board. I often wonder why it has to be so hard just to do the most natural thing in the world-have a baby. Then i remember, and am thankkful for, how lucky i was with my first two. I was indeed blessed to have avoided the whole ttc drama (in that they were conceived easily) even despite being of 'advanced maternal age' at the time. I continue to be blessed with raising these two beautiful boys. My youngest just turned 3.

Yet, i continue to yearn for another baby, and it just seems impossible. Why so difficult when everyone else around me is having their third? (or other). Why did i get to this situation? Why is it that one day i could have a baby, and now my body cant seem to do it anymore? I just want another baby, it not a big deal, but it seems to be. Its really crazy. But it just is, i guess.

Boozhemama, im so sorry to hear about your situation. .

#439 ·
Purplefish, it is lovely to hear the space you are in. Yes, it is a homebirth. I had a positive aspect of my first miscarriage. I was saying some blessing to the baby spirit I had connected with and some words just flowed out of my mouth. I had the sense that I had given a soul the mothering it needed on its journey. I felt grateful to be a woman and part of the journey of souls that is beyond my understanding but real and important. I felt connected to all women through time and our amazing role.

BuzzerBeater, it sounds like you have made a happysad choice as such a loving, committed mother, from a place of clarity. Thank you for stepping in when you did and how you did. I hope you will be visiting us. I'd love to hear about your journey with the adoption possibility.

Stealthee, great to see you!

My dh and I decided to postpone pursuing adoption at least until the summer, we may try the letrozole. It will give him some space (more time) to get his business going and keep his stress down. I am feeling okay about that and glad there is another potential option. I am 8dpo right now, feeling some pg symptoms, but I've been down that road so many times before, we will see. With my super short cycle (o on cd14, very unusual for me) I feel like this is an extra try. It is so interesting last month I was consumed by thoughts of this boy name my ds mentioned. Some months I am connecting to girl energy, some boy energy, some something else. This time I feel quite open. I do think it is the baby spirits visiting, checking out, maybe getting some mothering they need. I hope one comes to stay soon--for me and each of us.

#440 ·
Buzzer beater-- good luck on your next step-- cheirish those nursing times- my 4 yo just weaned himself- I'm so sad :( but he is obviously ready to move on!

Iodine--- check out Nascent iodine-- it seems to be the best absorbed and best iodine- i had already ordered a big bottle before I read all the posting on it! thx for the info!

love to each of you----

#441 ·
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if I don't do personals for everyone, I have trouble keeping up (must be old age!).

Buzzbeater, I'm sorry to hear you are leaving us. I do understand. I was very sad when I weaned my DS at 2 and a half, because he would have happily continued. I was worried about it contributing to the miscarriage, so I encouraged him to stop. And we are okay, but I don't know how I'll feel if I don't get pregnant...

Contactmaya, thankyou for your kind words. And everyone else who has shown concern for me.

I am fine. It's just that awful time when I'm pre-menstrual that the sadness of the miscarriage and the fact I'm not pregnant again really gets to me. And my DH is just being honest.Which then sets me off, wondering what the heck I'm doing ttc. But once AF has passed everything feels different.

Dh seems more than happy to have sex without contraception, and says things about"nature taking its course". I think I can translate that to, "I've got my fingers crossed that we're too old to conceive again". And I'm just merrily going along my path hoping I'm not too old and we'll have one last baby, and he will be fine once that baby is in his arms - which is what has happened before.

I had acupuncture yesterday and it was lovely. I really do like the lady who does the acupuncture.She's very "healing". We talked about whether I should eat dairy or not when ttc. The traditional Chinese medicine way of looking at it is that you should avoid dairy ( but western medicine says full-fat dairy is good for ttc - go figure?). I told her since giving up sugar I consume quite a bit. Then she said I can do what I like, but if I'm giving myself a deadline (say, when I turn 45) then isn't it worth trying for a few months? She quoted a book saying, "do you want to be pregnant 80% or 100%?". She has a point.

So, I've decided to try to lower my dairy intake. I'm not giving it up, just seeing what happens for a couple of months. And I'm going to try nettle infusions for my short, light AF.

I've also been reading about the paleo diet and it is really appealing to me. It would be a big change though - I love to have my grainy gluten free toast in the morning. I also love brown rice. And I do find rice is a cheap and easy way to feed the family. I don't know if we could afford the diet for the whole family! I ordered the book from Mark's Daily Apple (I've already forgotten the title), so will read it and see how I feel after that.

I'm pretty sure someone on this thread is following the paleo - is it supposed to be good for fertility?

Well, it has been really dry here, so I must go and water my vegetable garden if we are actually going to get some vegetables from it!

#442 ·
Gumblossom I made the decision over the summer to try giving up dairy for 3 months. I figured I could do anything for three months and if I got pregnant awesome! I used dairy as my main protein/go to food so it was really hard. I love yogurt and wold eat it every day. The first 2 months I repeatedly slipped up. LOL Finally managed a week or two off it, slipped and learned I am allergic to dairy. So I have been completely dairy free now since I think end of August or first September. It's been an improvement , still not pregnant, but problems I had have gone away. I do use sheep's milk yogurt and cheese when I can find it.

I keep looking at the Primal and while some of it sounds intriguing other research seems to contradict it. Like research that shows people who eat the most whole grains have the lowest cancer rates. It's all so confusing. I wish there was good, reliable info. on diet and nutrition.

#443 ·
thanks for your responses...

Kristin, yeah, I do feel ready, not really concerned about being difficult to date.

Karalina - thanks for those links!! Wonder why there is a 1.5x higher chance of m/c the month after m/c?

Waturmama - the rec to wait 6 mos in the fall was due to how sick I was from the HG. this time I was only mildly ill b/c it was still so early.

Purplefish - thinking of you!

Can some one tell me more about nettle tea? I had nettle pesto for dinner the other night, wonder if that does any thing?

#444 ·
Karalina, I can imagine that weaning is happysad. Congratu-condolence-ations! May it give your body more energy for a baby and may you find new wonderful ways to connect with your 4 yo.

#445 ·
Thanks Waturmama--- I guess I am relieved he weaned actually right before he turned 4, whic was March 14th--- I asked him when he was sick if he wanted to nurse and he said no..... I said "Do you think you'll ever nurse again?" and he said "No-- i don't think so.... it's just kinda boring!!" !!!!!!!! omg-------really???

I have been nursing for 10 1/2 years straight- so maybe it's time to rest---- it never interfered with getting pregnant before tho----

I MAY be getting closer to throwing in the towel- DH and I BD ed last night and i haven't been keeping up this month on O-ing or anything bc I am having all these tests done on my adrenals, thyropid etc hormones, etc----- so he asked if he should pull out and I said no--- and then afterward I kind of freaked out that i moght get pregnant--------- I guess I've been rationalizing why it is ok if I don't get preg---- so that must say something about what's going on within me---- I feel like if I'm not preg then I want to be and if I think I'm preg I freak out a bit----- can't I just TELL MYSELF what is best and what I want? I thought i wanted it so badly--- crazy confusing!

love to all out there---

#446 ·
Karalina, (((hug))), I think it is very typical and really a bit logical to freak out a bit at the idea of actually being pregnant, even if we truly want it. I have seen it happen in myself and others many times. I love that one of the chapters in the wonderful book Birthing From Within is called "A Mother's Job is to Worry." (Mine is still on loan to a friend so I may not have the wording exactly right, but I think I have the idea.) And this is not to say that it you might not be really ready to move on. You sound like your mind is spinning. I'm guessing when you calm down and connect with your wise, mama intuition place all will be clearer. (And what a lovely gorgeous day in California to do that!)

So funny what your ds said. And so good to hear that you have gotten pg multiple times while nursing. It must be so bizarre to stop after all that time.

AFM, I am super crampy here on 10 dpo. A lot of pg symptoms kicked in yesterday at 9 dpo--on the cycles where I seem to be pg or have a chem pg that usually happens at 6 or 7 dpo, but I know 9 dpo is in the range of possibility. And this is the weird cycle where I ovulated so early. I have no idea what it means, but I hope it is good. Oh! And I'm really happy to realize I am taking nettle infusions, too--part of a mix my TCM, who knows a bit about western herbs too, recommended. I thought they were just for my allergies. I brew them with red raspberry and oatstraw.

#447 ·
Waturmama, how do you get the herbs down? I'm finding the nettle infusion quite yucky, having trouble drinking it down.I just find the flavour a bit overwhelming! I'm chugging it down because I believe it is worth it, but finding it quite difficult. I don't want to sweeten it because I'm off sugar and don't want to eat any sugar, including homey.

Karalina, I understand how you feel.

I was so grateful for my last pregnancy, but even so, I was often thinking,"Oh my gosh, what have I done?" especially when I was feeling unwell and grumpy toward my other kids. Then I miscarried and regretted those feelings instantly, but I know those feelings are totally natural, and it doesn't mean we don't want, love or appreciate our babies.

I'm hoping next time that I'll be less irritable, As I've weaned DS. I found the nursing really difficult when I was pregnant. My nipples hurt terribly and I just couldn't stand my DS touching them, but didn't want to stop nursing either. I'm hoping things will be easier next time (trying to stay positive!).

Waturmama, I hope your symptoms are it! What day do you think you'll test? How long is your LP?Fingers crossed for you. For all of us.
love.gif

#448 ·
Happy weekend everyone--- I just feel like you are all my good friends-- I wish we could have a big party and hang-out and talk- we could all drink our Nettle tea together !!!!!!!!!!! ha- ha

#450 ·
Thanks so much for the good wishes, gumblossom. My lp is usually about 14 days. I don't think I would test until at least 15, but I may change my mind. I'm 11dpo right now. The nettle infusion I made is with red raspberry leaf and oatstraw. Maybe they cover the nettle flavor, because it doesn't seem at all unpleasant. I think I am mostly tasting the red raspberry. Maybe you could add some, my understanding is it is good for the the uterus and the female systems, but of course look into it yourself first.

Karalina, I like the nettle-tea sipping party image.

#451 ·
Hello friends!

I feel like I've missed a lot and need to catch up. DD has been really sick for more than a week, so I've been out of the loop (she has asthma, and run-of-the-mill colds often turn into serious situations -- no one in this family has had much sleep lately!). I just wanted to say Hi -- I look forward to catching up on personals later this weekend!

I'm 10dpo and not feeling any symptoms but trying not to let it get me down. In other news... I recently finished a LOA book that Stealthee recommended called Ask and It is Given, and that has been interesting (more on that later). Despite my initial skepticism, I've tried some of the exercises and they really do help "raise my vibration"! I also had an energy healing session done by my TCM practitioner. It was a very intense experience, to say the least. It left me reeling for a couple of days, and then I began to feel better and better. It was designed to clear my blocks to conception. More on that as well for anyone who would like to hear about it!

I'm thinking so much about all of you even though I have no idea what's going on in your lives right now! A quick glance tells me there is much ado... can't wait to reconnect. ((( Hugs ))) to all of you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.