Fabulous 40++TTC. New Year and New Hopes - Page 18 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#511 of 522 Old 04-15-2011, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Contactmaya.....The only odor difference I've ever noticed is that my CM gets a sort of sweet smell to it when I'm pregnant that it doesn't normally have. Good Luck!!!

#512 of 522 Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM

Contactmaya, I have noticed body odor and cm odor changes with pregnancy. My dh smells something on my breath. Have you tried fish oil for cm? I've been doing that. I don't know about the spotting. Sorry about the unsatisfying answer.

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

#513 of 522 Old 04-15-2011, 04:22 PM

Hi guys!  I'm new to most of this... and I'd like to join you.  I'm 40 turning 41 in June, married for a year and a half to my DH who's 40 in June, and were TTC #1 for both of us.  I'm really looking for support, because as a late bloomer, most of my friends are finished already. Sheesh.  We've been trying since mid 2009, then hit a roadbump last year when my period went all wonky, but after 2 transfusions (ugh) I'm no longer anemic.  I'm on my 3rd round of clomid (100mg) and I'm going to see a RE at the end of the month. Today, I'm on CD11 and I think I'm looking at a positive OPK, but the lines aren't the same color. However yesterday we only had one line. What do you girls think?  IMAG0012.jpg

#514 of 522 Old 04-15-2011, 05:00 PM

Well now that I've searched online for positive OPK pictures, I'm thinking not quite positive. Geesh.  I hope I don't seem as dumb as I feel about this. I have no idea what I'm doing.  :)

#515 of 522 Old 04-15-2011, 08:10 PM

Stargirl, it is not quite positive, but my guess would be that it will be positive soon. I know it says to test between 2 and 10 pm, but I am different - I get my positives in the morning, and sometimes miss them, but a temperature rise will always let me know that I ovulated. Welcome - I hope your stay won't be too long - that you get your bfp soon. I had my last baby 3 months before my 42nd birthday, and I'm hoping for another at the ripe old age of 44. I think you are young.

AFM - not feeling as hopeful today. BFN on a First Response. I know it's early, but I'm just starting to think I'd have no hope after only DTD once in the fertile window...gloomy.gif

But on the upside - my DH and I talked some more and although I don't have the green light to ttc, he seems a bit more understanding. We never get to resolve anything because life seems to get in the way (kids, appointments etc seem to end our discussions just when we seem to be making headway.)

I know he worries a great deal about financial stuff, and I wish there was a way to help him understand it will be alright, but maybe he's just being realistic. I dunno. I'm just going to keep on praying, and trying to attract good fortune and a new babe.

I hope everyone else is feeling okay.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#516 of 522 Old 04-16-2011, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

STARGIRL, I MADE THE SAME MISTAKE THIS VERY MONTH. DUE TO MY DELAYED OVULATION, I WAS GOING THROUGH QUITE A FEW OPKS, I EVEN HAD A DREAM ABOUT IT TURNING POSITIVE.  I WAS SUPPOSED TO  O ON DAY 13/14, BUT PRIOR TO  THOSE DAYS, THE LINE WAS VERY FAINT. IT STAYED THAT WAY ON DAYS 15 AND 16. THEN LOW AN BEHOLD, ON DAY 17, LINE WENT DARKER. JUST LIKE YOUR PICTURE. YAY EXCLAMATION MARK, LETS GET ON WITH BUSINESS EXCLAMATION MARK. I WENT TO GET AN IUI THIS MONTH, SO THEY DID AN ULTRASOUND. MY FOLLICAL /FOLLICLE, WHY CANT I SPELL FOLLICLE QUESTON MARK  WAS AT 17MM. THEY LIKE TO SEE IT AT 18. NOT ONLY THAT, IT WAS ON MY RIGHT SIDE, YET I HAD FELT SO MANY TINGES ON MY LEFT, AND ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT  ALL ON MY RIGHT. LEFT SIDE HAD A BUNCH OF TINY TINY FOLLICLES DESTINED FOR EXTINCTION.  THEY ADVISED ME TO COME BACK THE NEXT DAY, BUT I FIGURED I WOULD RISK IT.

NEXT MORNING, SURE ENOUGH,  MY OPK SHOWED A TRUE POSITIVE, THE LINE WAS NOT ONLY AS DARK AS,  BUT ACTUALLY DARKER THAN THE CONTROL LINE.

ALL OF THIS RAMBLING IS TO SAY, YOUR PICTURE LOOKS LIKE A POSTIVE OPK WILL BE HAPENING  WITHIN 24 HOURS, BUT IT IS NOT A POSITIVE IN ITSELF.

WATURMAMA, I TAKE FISH OIL TOO.

#517 of 522 Old 04-16-2011, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)

GUMBLOSSOM, DARN IT ON THE BFN, BUT ITS STILL EARLY. GLAD TO HEAR HUBBY IS BEING MORE SUPPORTIVE.

#518 of 522 Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM

I'm having a little trouble formatting my replies - it  seems really screwy, so I know this is going to be one big paragraph... it's not on purpose!  I definately had a positive yesterday. Both lines were identical. Yay. The bad thing is that the man is going out of town tonight - actually already left - for some family thing he couldn't get out of. Great timing. Oh well, we took care of business and I've got my instead cup handled. I'm crossing my fingers but meh. I'm kind of upset that he had to go when I didn't ovulate at all last month and I was really hoping this would be the month. A little more about me.  I'd been charting since late 2008, and we were sorta trying then, but I was getting married in October 2009, and didn't want to be noticeably prego at my wedding, and my period has always been wonky, so I got on yaz from May till the end of October.  I had a chem in December. My period went a little nuts after that, much heavier than in the past, and I'd already had issues with being anemic from my heavy periods for years, so when the anemia kicked in hardcore in May, I was forced to get on b/c again. It was so depressing, and it didn't work. I still got my period 21 days apart for 10 days..so they put me on a different bc and i kept bleeding to the point that in July, I ended up in the ER hemmorhaging and tachycardiac. Fun. Got 3 units of blood. Got a little better. Was still on the pill. In September, I had another transfusion and my hemoglobin stabilized at 10. My gyno knew that I was ready so I got off the pill in October...and then my period disappeared for 2 months. GREAT.  I couldn't believe it. In January, I went on provera to give me a period and that was also my first round of clomid. I know now that I didn't ovulate because the tests were almost positive but there was quite a discrepancy in the color

#519 of 522 Old 04-17-2011, 08:51 PM

Geesh. This may take a couple more posts! .... Color on the strips. In February my grandmother passed and his father had some health issues and he went to seattle. My opk was positive that time and he wasnt here...grrr.  Last month no ovulation again.  This month we switched to 100 mg Clomid and I did ovulate...or will sometime tomorrow. Good Grief.  Oh, I had a D&C last July with a hysterogram, they removed a small fibroid and everything looked good. I've had my estradiol and FSH tested and had normal results.  The man has had his semen tested and had nothing out of normal range except a high ph, so he's been taking multivitamins with extra zinc. He'll be testing again next week.   SO now, I just hang out for a while and wait. Is that what the 2ww means? I'm not too up on the forum lingo. I basically go on Facebook or buy stuff on line. This is my first TTC board, I was just really searching online for a group who was in the same boat as I am...being an older chick.  So many things to think about.. Like why did I wait so long. I was with my ex bf for 8 years, why didn't I just do it then. Why didn't I do it when I was 26 and single, I could have handled it. I'm probably going to be the oldest mom at my kids school, is that going to wig me out?  Ugh.  Anyway, I'm hopeful for all of us. I know plenty of women that have given birth to healthy happy babies in their 40's, and they seem to be able to handle it.   OK. I'm babbling now. Sorry about that.  I'm going to go back to reading the rest of the thread.  25 pages is a lot!  Have a good night all.  flowerkitty.gif

#520 of 522 Old 04-18-2011, 07:29 AM

Stargirl, if you BD on the day you got the +++OPK you should be good to go. Personally I have a fade in on OPKS like you seem to have had and therefore always seem to ovulate the same day or next morning of when I get a true +++. 

I've conceived several times from BD one, two, three and twice even 5 days before I ovulated, so don't let that discourage you. Sperm can live for quite some time in a favorable environment.

Good Luck!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StargirlHB View Post

I'm having a little trouble formatting my replies - it  seems really screwy, so I know this is going to be one big paragraph... it's not on purpose!  I definately had a positive yesterday. Both lines were identical. Yay. The bad thing is that the man is going out of town tonight - actually already left - for some family thing he couldn't get out of. Great timing. Oh well, we took care of business and I've got my instead cup handled. I'm crossing my fingers but meh. I'm kind of upset that he had to go when I didn't ovulate at all last month and I was really hoping this would be the month. A little more about me.  I'd been charting since late 2008, and we were sorta trying then, but I was getting married in October 2009, and didn't want to be noticeably prego at my wedding, and my period has always been wonky, so I got on yaz from May till the end of October.  I had a chem in December. My period went a little nuts after that, much heavier than in the past, and I'd already had issues with being anemic from my heavy periods for years, so when the anemia kicked in hardcore in May, I was forced to get on b/c again. It was so depressing, and it didn't work. I still got my period 21 days apart for 10 days..so they put me on a different bc and i kept bleeding to the point that in July, I ended up in the ER hemmorhaging and tachycardiac. Fun. Got 3 units of blood. Got a little better. Was still on the pill. In September, I had another transfusion and my hemoglobin stabilized at 10. My gyno knew that I was ready so I got off the pill in October...and then my period disappeared for 2 months. GREAT.  I couldn't believe it. In January, I went on provera to give me a period and that was also my first round of clomid. I know now that I didn't ovulate because the tests were almost positive but there was quite a discrepancy in the color

#521 of 522 Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 AM

Hi!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Saoirse:  Looks like you had a good ultrasound.  Try to stay away from Google!  Hope your blood work comes back with very low odds for any problems.

Waturmama:  I'm glad you came to a decision about the progesterone that you are comfortable with.  Grow little rock 'n' roll progesterone baby!!!

Karalina:  I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time.  It is great to have a sister to talk to though, isn't it?  And you've got us too.  :)  I agree with people about iron.  I also second Floradix if you're thinking about supplementing.  I would think that DHEA would also help with energy levels, especially if your adrenal levels are low.  Some time for yourself also seems like a great idea for several reasons.  Did you make it to the hotsprings?

Beachlover:  I hope soy works for you.  Have you ovulated yet?  Sorry about your CP.  It must be very disappointing to start AF after seeing those two lines.  At least you know that there are many fertiltily factors you don't have to worry about, like quality of CM or swimmers or if you are ovulating or not. 

Contactmaya:  Sorry about your keyboard.  LOL.  I once had a keyboard without an "s."  At first I just substituted it with a "z," which was understandable in most cases, but I hated the way it made me seem like a thirteen-year-old.  Your messages are like telegrams STOP PLEASE SEND MONEY STOP  Anyway, my body odor and my urine smelled stronger and different when I was pregnant.  It sometimes also happens to a lesser degree during my LP. 

Welcome Stargirl!  I hope you ovulated soon after that almost + OPK and managed to BD in your fertile window.  With some luck, maybe you won't to visit an RE at the end of the month.  I'm a late bloomer too, getting married for the first time at 38 and having my first child at 41.  I worry too sometimes about being the oldest mom on the playground, but I figure with so many women delaying childbirth these days, I might be the oldest, but there will be plenty of moms who had their children in their mid to late 30's who will be just a few years younger.  And if not, I can always move back to my native San Francisco where new mothers in their 40's are a dime a dozen.  :)

Gumblossom:  I hope it was just too eary for an HTP and that you still see a BFN this month.  It sounds like things are moving in a positive direction with your DH.  My DH also has concerns about finances and although we are in agreement with TTC, I know he won't mind if we don't succeed.

AFM, I'm hoping that this will be my lucky cycle because DS was conceived in April 2009.  I wonder, though, how committed I am to TTC.  I really am not doing all I can to maximize my chances and I feel like my main motivation for trying for #2 is so DS will have a sibling.  Is there anybody who didn't mind being an only child?

DS 31/01/10, TTC #2
#522 of 522 Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM

The new thread is up and ready, http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1308918/birds-do-it-bees-do-it-even-ladies-in-their-forties-do-it-40-spring-ttc#post_16395326

Please check the first page and let me know if you need any changes made to your information. Just put changes in bold and I'll try to get to them as soon as possible.

Thanks for the input on the title I was trying to make something work with spring, birds, bees couldn't get it right. But never fear you ladies pulled through.

Hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful spring day. It is lovely here hard to imagine there was so much devastation just two days ago.

chicken3.gifdog2.gifcat.gifenergy.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page