Fabulous 40++TTC. New Year and New Hopes - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations lovetolaugh!!! You have line!! Right now you are pregnant!!! Sounds like you had no line until this point, so at least the darkness is going in the right direction. Sending lots of wishes that it gets darker and darker.

And a couple random thoughts from my world...

So my dh has been going along with the ttc quite cooperatively, but when the adoption question has come up he is freaking out about finances. To him it is not practical, but to me it is my dream that is getting to the end of its possible window. He is getting so scared/upset he can't even speak about it. That has happened twice. I am hoping we will be able to really talk soon.

There has been some talk here about the shock of adding 18 to your projected age at baby's birth. Not the most fun, but for me I am sometimes pleasantly surprised it is no worse than it is. But lately what has been bugging me is the age difference there will be between my ds and sibling. We're looking at at least 6 years now. That means when ds goes off to college (assuming he does that), dc2 will be in 7th grade--so s/he will have most of middle school and all of high school as the only child. Not what I envisioned. I understand that kids need their parents most when they are little and when they are teens, so maybe there is some good to that, but my sense is when they are teens it is nice to have some buffer from Mom and Dad. But I guess at least there will be a sibling to come home sometimes.

On a different note: I had been feeling some loss when thinking of the prospect of adopting, but then I started learning about adoptive nursing and started feeling much more positive. I love the idea that I could give that to a child, and it would be a lovely bond.

And...I called the RE's office to ask some questions. The nurse I spoke to recommended I come in since it has been a while and see if the doctor's opinion on what we should do has changed (last we checked in he was not recommending any interventions since I am getting pg on my own). I am curious. Very curious. And those visits are not covered by our insurance so they sure don't help our financial situation, and I'm not sure if they make sense right now. Maybe I'll talk to my TCM practitioner again.

Thank you for "listening."

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Thank you all for the warm, wonderful welcome here! I am so grateful because I am obviously not sharing this with anyone offline besides my husband. :) I am enjoying reading everyone's posts and getting to know everyone.

I feel kind of floaty like a balloon with no dates or numbers or data to cling to at the moment like a cycle day. I guess my avatar is very appropriate but I wasn't thinking that when I chose it. I am thinking Monday would be the soonest to test, but who knows. I saw the RE on Friday, 1/21. In the meantime, I will be here to hang out and support everyone else and if it worked, I will know sooner or later. I do wonder about every five minutes though. I am sure you can relate. :)

lovetolaugh, I wish I knew the answer to your question about the progesterone cream but I'm clueless. I am sending wonderful thoughts of hope for you!

WaturMama, I didn't even know about low follicle months yet. I am still in a daze that I happened to have an appointment when there was anything exciting possibly going on. It makes me wonder how many other months that may have happened and we didn't time things right. Hmm. I have a lot to learn.

Buzzer Beater, I will definitely keep you all posted. If I do get so lucky as to have something to report, I am too jittery this time (with my son we told everyone right away).

stealthee, happymommaof3, Annie Mac, Karalina and Kristin0105, thank you for the lucky wishes and hellos. :)

P.S. Boozhee is one of our nicknames for our son that I have no idea how it came to be but it's been in use since he was an infant.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:56 PM

Watur Mama, I can relate to a lot of your words about the potential age differences between siblings. I have really given that so much thought over the past five years. The least age gap would be 8 years at this point for our son. My aunt is 8 years younger than her closest sibling and the rest are even older. She is close to her brothers, but closest to the one 8 years older. I also have a very close friend who has a sibling 11 years younger. Truth be told, they weren't very close as kids but they are extremely close now. I think that I have come to the place where I am not too concerned about it. It is not how I would have planned the age difference and it is not ideal. But it is only the latest episode of life throwing me off my own idea of how I would have things go. I am an only child. I think back and I would have been thrilled to have a sibling at any age. I would even take one now, at 40. ;)

I hope your husband will be able to really talk soon too about his fears and feelings. We have not really gone to the adoption discussion ourselves. The RE did mention egg donation to me in that appointment and I have not really considered all these other paths to a second child. I've been so stuck on this one path so far. I didn't really know about adoptive nursing either, which sounds beautiful. I was robbed of my nursing at four weeks because of needing to start chemo. It has been a huge source of loss and heartache for me in my mothering journey.

I am sorry your RE visits are not covered. Actually mine was only covered because they can code these issues as medical and not fertility since I have thyroid issues and cessation of periods with as-of-now undiagnosed cause. Keep us posted.

G'nite for now!

Edited to add a little P.S. I am also in the Bay Area. :)

Old 02-02-2011, 12:29 AM

Oh, Boozheemama- i'm so glad you joined us. You seem so grounded (even though you feel floaty : )) ; it must be the challenges you have faced and overcome. It's wonderful to have you here. And I guess I misunderstood about when the babydancing would take place- i guess it already has and now you are waiting for it to be long enough to test. I've got it all crossed for you.

lovetolaugh--- I know what you mean about being nervous about a light line- I don't know if there is anything to that--- but hopefully it gets darker and darker anyway! Congratulations on the line!!

waturmama-

sorry thing are tough right now in communications dept. Hopefully you will be able to at least discuss things soon--- One of my best friends has 2 adopted children- she was able to find and make friends with teenage mothers who wanted to have their babies adopted-- there was no agency or anything involved with either one- they are 2 of my kids' closest friends -- I could ask her if she would be willing to explain to me how it was done--

Also - i think a sibling at any age would be great-  our closest friends had their babies 6 years apart on purpose- they thought that was ideal- she's now 2 and he's 8-- There are 2 kids in btwn, but my 10 year old son was the most affected and upset about my recent m/c. He really really wants a baby- when he found out I was pregnant- he said he was so excited bc he was old enough to be able to offer advice and support to the new child- bc he will have had experienecs and know how to handle them- and be able to share that with a sibling much younger-

My sisters are 9 and 11 years older than me- and i have never thought anything of it- I am and have always been really close to them- and I got to have some really special time with my mother- kind of like an only child when i was in high school- but not like an only child bc i always knew I had my sisters to be there for me- kind of the best of both worlds-

Gumblossom- I know how you are feeling knowing our little ones would be 14 weeks a long now- why oh why??? We must be on very similar time cycles. I just had my moon and am now waiting to ovulate. sending you hugs.  it hits me every so often how old my little spirit would be-- and I have to confess that at this point the main reason i wnat to TTC is so that hopefully that same baby spirit will come to me in the flesh this time.

hug2.gif

I bought my first OPK today-- I took the kids in the store with me and my 3 yo was throwing this HUGE tantrum bc I wouldn't buy this pack of drugstore confederate army guys-- and there I am with my OPK with him screaming and flailing around! Yes, i am crazy-- i want another one of these!!! LOL so hopefully it looks like from the little chart i can start testing around when my DH gets back from his business trip-- i was sure I'd O while he was away! but hopefully not- I am hoping my DH and I have an amorous productive weekend.

I feel so blessed to be apart of this group. namaste.gif

Momma to 3 darling boys, the apples of my eye, and married to the love of my life.

chicken3.gif        angel3.gif                                                   familybed2.gif                          dog2.gifdog2.gif

...namaste.gif
Old 02-02-2011, 09:18 AM

Hello boozeheemama , my mom was diagnosed with lymphoma in 2007. I wish you all the best.

AFM, Fertility friend says I am 5dpo but I am not sure I ovulated.

42 year old runnerjog.gif, hiker. Mom to DS(6/28/08) smile.gifand married to my best friend. Cloth diaper and plan to homeschool. Love my life in the mountains. Identical twin boys born 11/3/11 selectivevax.gifgoorganic.jpgbfolderchild.gifnocirc.giffambedsingle2.gif

Old 02-02-2011, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaturMama View Post

So my dh has been going along with the ttc quite cooperatively, but when the adoption question has come up he is freaking out about finances. To him it is not practical, but to me it is my dream that is getting to the end of its possible window. He is getting so scared/upset he can't even speak about it. That has happened twice. I am hoping we will be able to really talk soon.

There has been some talk here about the shock of adding 18 to your projected age at baby's birth. Not the most fun, but for me I am sometimes pleasantly surprised it is no worse than it is. But lately what has been bugging me is the age difference there will be between my ds and sibling. We're looking at at least 6 years now. That means when ds goes off to college (assuming he does that), dc2 will be in 7th grade--so s/he will have most of middle school and all of high school as the only child. Not what I envisioned. I understand that kids need their parents most when they are little and when they are teens, so maybe there is some good to that, but my sense is when they are teens it is nice to have some buffer from Mom and Dad. But I guess at least there will be a sibling to come home sometimes.

On a different note: I had been feeling some loss when thinking of the prospect of adopting, but then I started learning about adoptive nursing and started feeling much more positive. I love the idea that I could give that to a child, and it would be a lovely bond.

And...I called the RE's office to ask some questions. The nurse I spoke to recommended I come in since it has been a while and see if the doctor's opinion on what we should do has changed (last we checked in he was not recommending any interventions since I am getting pg on my own). I am curious. Very curious. And those visits are not covered by our insurance so they sure don't help our financial situation, and I'm not sure if they make sense right now. Maybe I'll talk to my TCM practitioner again.

Thank you for "listening."

My first child is 20. My 2nd is 10 months. So unless I have another, I will have raised two only children! They are really too far apart in ages to have that "sibling experience," (more like aunt/niece experience) and I understand the concern about creating that dynamic. I have put a 3 year (not written in stone) time limit on my own attempts to conceive. I'd would absolutely love my kids to have a close sibling/friend relationship that's not really possible when there's a larger age gap. They could still have a lovely relationship, but would they play together? Probably not much, simply due to developmental differences. Anyway, I don't have much of a point here, except that I understand being concerned about the age difference between the siblings.

Old 02-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Hi.Just wanted to pipe in about the age differences of siblings.My two youngest are 8 years apart.Although at 2 and 10 they have huge differences, the 2 year old is still a novelty for my older children and they really enjoy playing with them. However I have 5 kids and the first 2 are 2 years part, both boys, but were so different in personality, they aren't all that close now at 17 and 19. The next two are 3 and a half years apart and both girls, and have been pretty close til now, as the older of the two is a teenager now and seems to want to spend more time on her own. But it has been great that they have each other, and I think it will be good in the future. Part of my reasoning for having just one more is that I'd like my youngest to have an ally as they are growing up with aging parents! But if it doesn't happen, I'm still soo glad we have had our youngest who might be like an only child.

Karalina, I think we might be very close in our cycles. I'm CD6. Guessing I'll O between the 11th and 14th of Feb. A valentine's baby would be perfect! My DH is going away on the 15th, so I really hope I O before then.

Lovestolaugh - have you tested again? You could have a late implanter - I sure hope the line gets darker.It's so exciting.

I'd better go and take my supplements - I want the perfect environment for my baby!

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
Old 02-02-2011, 05:18 PM

Why hello tiny little spotting.  Heart beats faster...

EEK. What does it mean, of course, is the million dollar question!!!

If it was my period, would it be this week?! My new friends, it has been so long since I made the acquaitance of my cycle, that I don't remember anymore.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:34 PM

Thanks so much for the thoughts about age gap. Boozheemama and Karalina, yours in particular really touched my heart and got me teary, which I think helped open something up for me. I can see my ds liking to advise and support a younger sibling. And it is such a good reminder that as adults siblings with wide age gaps can be close. A very close friend of mine is quite close to her sister who is 14 years younger. Anyway, somehow it all made me feel easier about it and I appreciate it. Karalina it is *great* to hear that you are positive about being the only child at home in high school. I think part of my problem is that my brother and I are so close in age it is hard to imagine something different. Boozheemama I like knowing you are in the Bay Area too. Gumblossom it is great to know the 2 year old is still a novelty for the 10 year old.

AND boozhemama tiny spotting sounds promising! I've had it at the beginning of all pregnancies that last any length. More good wishes to you!

treehugger.gifMama to DS (3/05 )carrot.gifh20homebirth.gif, wife to DH bikenew.gif, remembering rainbow1284.gifdog2.gifdog2.gif and angel1.gif Spirit 1/07, angel1.gif Hope 5/09, angel1.gif Harmony 6/10, angel1.gif Love 5/11, angel1.gif Joy 6/11

Old 02-03-2011, 08:35 PM

Well, the sad news...I started bleeding today.  Is it AF, just 7 days late, or a very early m/c?  I'm not sure, but because of the very faint line on the HPT, I'm leaning more toward a very early m/c or maybe even a chemical pregnancy?  I am so sad and disappointed. BUT, I am so grateful for the two days where there was a bright ray of hope!  I am feeling even more resolved to make my body the most nurturing, healthy vessel that I can so that next time there will be a better outcome. 

Boozheemama...my fingers are crossed for you!  Your miracle would do my heart good!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 PM

(((hug))) so sorry lovetolaugh. Unless it was an evap line, you have pregnancy hormones, so it was an early m/c or chemcial pregnancy (I think the latter, not sure if it matters much). So the little silver lining is that an egg and a swimmer can get together in you! May the next one be a sticky babe.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:47 PM

lovetolaugh, I am so sorry about your update!  Not what I was hoping to see. :( You sure seem to have a great attitude though, I'm impressed and inspired. I feel a similar gratitude this week myself, even though I know nothing yet, I am super grateful for this time where I have had some hope instead of the past few years of the opposite. I've been walking that tightrope of wanting to stay realistic but optimistic. It's kind of tiring. I brewed myself a big cup of migraine by dinnertime. We're going to the snow this weekend with all of my in-laws. Not sure if this will be a good distraction or completely exhausting! I am anxious to get to next week that's for sure. Tomorrow is the two-week mark from the follicle sighting. 

WaturMama, I like your silver lining for lovetolaugh. What is a chemical pregnancy? 

EonJourney, I am sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis. :( I wish your family all the best too. I know many amazing stories in the lymphoma community. It's an endless source of inspiration for me.

I won't be able to check in again until Monday evening. :(

Old 02-03-2011, 10:59 PM

Karalina, thank you for the warm words, I am so happy to be here. Yes, waiting for it to be long enough to test. What a precious story you shared about your 10 y.o. son. I wish you a wonderful weekend coming up. I hope your dreams come true.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:37 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I'm sitting here catching up with you all while doing some two-fisted drinking... trying to get my red-clover-nettles-raspberry-leaf tea and my Fu Ke Zhong Zi San powder down before bedtime. 

Lovestolaugh, so sorry that AF came! I have had that same experience many times, a faint positive followed by a late period. I really believe that means you conceived, and that's a good sign. But it's such an emotional rollercoaster. hug2.gif

Boozheemama, welcome! wave.gifI'm also in the Bay Area, it's nice to know you and WaturMama are nearby. You've got some strength, mama... what an amazing and inspiring story. I'm really glad you've chosen to join us here. DD's father had lymphoma, and I can't know what that's like for you, but can empathize a little. I understand the floaty feeling without any cycle data to cling to... I hope you can enjoy it while you can, though, because I sometimes feel I am wearing my data like a pair of ankle weights!

WaturMama, I'm glad you're feeling okay with the TTC downtime, but sorry DH is struggling with communication about your options right now. I really think it's different for our partners who are experiencing this journey not in our bodies, DH often struggles to articulate his feelings, as well. I had an epiphany about this recently... typically, DH prefers to take a very in-the-moment approach, and would rather put his energy into embracing where we are now in this journey, and not think too much about the what-ifs. But the last time AF showed, I was really distraught (our 10th month of TTC, with another birthday approaching for me). I told DH I needed to hear from him whether he would be willing to consider other options... egg or embryo adoption, baby adoption. He said yes, and it really changed things for me. A friend who is a therapist told me it was important for me to hear that because it meant he was helping me carry that longing, and I didn't need to do that alone. The desire is really a heavy burden to carry for miles and miles. But my point is... even though DH is so loving and supportive and a great communicator, this is hard for him. I had to really ask for that from him. On another note, thank you for telling us about adoptive nursing! That sounds wonderful. BF is such a sweet sweet part of the mama-baby relationship, one that I really treasured (and was loathe to give up, thinking she would be my last LO). I find it encouraging that your RE told you to stay away because you were getting pg on your own! I'm curious to hear what you discover if you go back.

ContactMaya, don't know what happened to the ewcm! I just didn't really have any this month, after that glimmer of hope last month. I did have my usual fertile fluid, which is watery and slippery, but not stretchy or egg-whitey. How about you, any luck this moth? I say YES to daily green tea. I drink probably 6 cups of it a day. I chuckled when I read your post about coffee... I went through that while giving it up... cup back to 1/2, then 1/3, then 1/4, then it just tasted yucky and I didn't miss it. I did backslide during a stressful time recently, however, so now I'm on the cutting-back program again. Thanks for the link to the article, that was indeed encouraging! I love that the dreaded high FSH can actually create a little fertility spike.

Stealthee, how was your son's birthday party? Did you O yet? Yay for ewcm! I'm taking Amazing Grass, too, and liking it. I've now tried 3 or 4 different greens powders, and can't tell much difference, but this one seems pretty good. You asked if others are using TCM -- definitely! I think many of us are. I'm seeing an acupuncturist once per week, and also taking a custom powdered herbal formula created by my TCM practitioner -- it's a mixture of Yin and Yang herbs designed to increase chi, nourish and move blood, and make transformations such as conception possible.

Karalina, I love your hearts-on-the-calendar! If I did that, my inquisitive DD would surely be asking a million questions, so instead I email my love notes to DH. But I think your idea is much sweeter. I think the ambivalence you're feeling is just soooo normal. My heart goes out to you. It's hard to embrace something when you're anxious and fearful because of a loss. I hope your O waits it out for your DH to return home, and that you find the coming-together a healing, nurturing experience.

AnnieMac, welcome! wave.gif I see others are giving you info on their experiences with O prediction. I use the online charting website Fertility Friend, although in the past I have charted using a very low-tech book of graph paper, with guidance from the Weschler book, Taking Charge of Your Fertility, which is indeed great. I also use OPKs which I order online or get at the drugstore. Both methods together give me a pretty good big picture.

GumBlossomhug2.gifI'm so sorry you're grieving and feeling sad. I'm glad that you and DH are able to have good communication about this and come to a good place together about this, despite mixed feelings about it. I love your idea of creating the baby alter, what a lovely thing for you and the baby spirit you sense out there!

Buzzer, I sense a boy in my future, too! Thank you for posting a new pic of your gorgeous cherub! Those cheeks, my goodness! She's lovely.

AFM, 10dpo (even with 2 LH surges, FF decided I O'd 10 days ago), not tempted to test yet. Thanks so much to everyone who chimed in about DHEA! I can't recall who mentioned she had been tested and it was really high... I actually asked my RE to have my DHEA tested before starting, and he said the tests are unreliable because it varies so much from hour to hour, that one woman can be both low and high in the same day. Not sure what to make of that. But, he did say acne was a good indicator I was, A) responding, and B) taking too much for my system. I have cut back to 50mg/day (which I guess is still higher than many are taking). But I'm also now suspecting my skin eruptions are related to a possible PABA allergy? I have bumps in very strange places, i.e., my eyelids. So I've cut out the PABA for now.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
Old 02-04-2011, 08:34 AM

Hi again everyone,

Well, apparently I needed more mothering time here! Just wanted to add that I've appreciated everyone's thoughts and stories about siblings and age differences. Your words have been resonating in my mind. I worry about this, too... DD is 10 right now and could be a teenager by the time she gets a sibling. It bothers me that she is an only child (my brother was such a close confidante, a soulmate, really) and I can never give her the experience of having grown up with a close-in-age sibling. Not what I wanted for sure, but just the way our lives worked out.

On the other hand, I am really cheered and inspired by a family I was close to growing up and thought I'd share the story with you all. My best friend lived a few blocks from us. She and her sister were close in age but when their parents divorced, they chose to live with different parents (which breaks my heart) in different towns and were not very close. My best friend lived with her mother, who remarried and had a baby when my friend and I were about 13. The mom then had 2 more babies, all girls, over the next several years (and she was in her 40s -- another reason to be inspired). My friend was and remains super close with those little siblings... she absolutely adored them as babies and became another wonderful "big person" to have in their lives as they were growing up, village-style. Now their age differences don't really matter and they are still very close (closer than with the other sister who grew up in a different household). I think it really enriched everyone's lives. When my DD expresses ambivalence about having a baby underfoot, I ask her if she would like to have a sibling when she's an adult, and she says yes. I think those adult sibling relationships can be very important, too. 

Boozheemama, have fun in the snow! I think we are close together in our cycles, I'm also waiting to find out next week.

Take care, everyone.

treehugger.gif Mama to 1 lovely DD,  angel1.gif 1/12 @ 8 weeks (ectopic), angel1.gif 1/14 @ 7 weeks, many chemical pregnancies, TTC DH'S #1, my #2
Old 02-04-2011, 09:43 AM

Sorry to hear that, loves to laugh. I'm wishing you good fertility for next month :)

I have checked out the TCOYF website. I may need to order the book. I was told, though, at a La Leche League meeting, that the fact I'm nursing may lead to inaccurate temps -- well, not inaccurate, just not something I can really rely on. I'm also wondering about the threshhold of breastfeeding as it relates to fertility. Does Weschler address this in her book? As far as birth control goes, there are pretty clear guidelines about how much one needs to be nursing, return of AF, etc. I suppose one could use this information backwards to help fertility? Is anyone else here nursing & TTC? Voices of experience?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:39 AM

Litmama, thank you so much for that sibling story.

AnnieMac, I have been nursing and TTC and charting for years (now just barely nursing). Many others here have too. Nursing mamas here have had babies. Recently there was some discussion about nursing potentially inhibiting TTC. People have different experiences with this, and I think you need to pay attention to your own body and intuition. TCOYF does have some info on nursing and charting. Years ago I was concerned about how my irregular waking time (due to nursing) would effect my charting. A nurse midwife I spoke to suggested I just start taking my temperature and see if I get a clear shift. I did and I do. I need to adjust it some. Toni Weschler suggests adjusting it by .2 degrees down for every hour early. That works for me. I hope that helps.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Lovestolaugh----- hug2.gif. Not much anyone can say but you have a wonderful attitude.

I guess it is all really hitting me that THIS is the life we have. That we can want things so much and not get them, but still we have a lovely life. What is that saying "life is what happens while you're thinking about the future." or something like that.

Speaking of importance of older siblings, my sister who is 11 years older than me- (she's the one who really gets me) when i was talking to her about my being scared of TTC again after the m/c- she really helped to put things in perspective for me. She knows me so well and has seen everything I've been through, so she felt like she was able to say with authority that i am in  a low place b/c of the m/c but that i need to go on my feelings before the m/c. She said "I know if you get  a + HPT, you'll be ecstatic. i KNOW you!!! " So she really helped me. Having a sister who is that much older is wonderful for me. I can't compare it to having a sister closer in age bc i didn't have that- but to me- THIS is what is normal and right and what i lived---and it's wonderful. She tells me stories of how she took care of me as a baby and child, and I know i slept with her every night until I was about 6. We have to remember there is beauty in it all----- not just the preconceived beauty, which i need to remember right now about TTC.

The m/c was awful, I'm sure I will always grieve, but i have to say that I wouldn't have wanted to not be pregnant and not go through it--------  I learned so much about my DH, my children, and myself through the loss. we are all closer for it and now I know that we all wanted a new baby, so should i be lucky enough to get to have one, there will be no doubt that we are all happy about it.

I did an OPK and I got the smile.gif, and DH is on his way home, happy to oblige ---- so hopefully the egg and sperm will meet and fall in love winky.gif. Wish me luck--

love to you all-- Happy weekend------

Momma to 3 darling boys, the apples of my eye, and married to the love of my life.

chicken3.gif        angel3.gif                                                   familybed2.gif                          dog2.gifdog2.gif

...namaste.gif
Old 02-05-2011, 11:43 AM

hey fabulous women!

just stopping in to say hi and best wishes to you all in this year of the Rabbit! may it be an awesome year for all of us.

i turned 43 in december, if you care to update the front page...

all is going along well with me and babe inside. 23 weeks tomorrow...the time is flying by. i'm trying to enjoy the moments of pregnancy while they last.

hugs to all,

xoxo

karen

~Karenchicken3.gifso happy to be mothering my four... DS ('94), DS ('94), DD ('00), and DS -- June 8, 2011, our UC baby!

Old 02-05-2011, 08:25 PM

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support.  I feel truly blessed to be here among you wonderful, strong mamas! 

Karalina...my fingers are crossed for you!  Let the BD begin!!! winky.gif

And I am just loving all the sibling stories!  Karalina, your stories of your sister make me wish I had one!  I don't have any biological siblings, but I have an adopted brother.  He was adopted from Korea when he was 13 months old (I was 6 years old).  I still remember so clearly when he first came home.  I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, watching tv with my grandparents when my parents came home with him.  I was so scared and nervous that I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed there watching tv and didn't move.  Well, he walked right over to me, layed his head in my lap and promptly fell fast asleep.  And just like that, it was as though he was always a part of our family.  smile.gif  That day is one that I celebrate each year, almost more special than his birthday, because that's the day he came to us. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetolaugh View Post

Thank you all so much for your kind words and support.  I feel truly blessed to be here among you wonderful, strong mamas! 

Karalina...my fingers are crossed for you!  Let the BD begin!!! winky.gif

And I am just loving all the sibling stories!  Karalina, your stories of your sister make me wish I had one!  I don't have any biological siblings, but I have an adopted brother.  He was adopted from Korea when he was 13 months old (I was 6 years old).  I still remember so clearly when he first came home.  I was sitting cross-legged on the floor, watching tv with my grandparents when my parents came home with him.  I was so scared and nervous that I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed there watching tv and didn't move.  Well, he walked right over to me, layed his head in my lap and promptly fell fast asleep.  And just like that, it was as though he was always a part of our family.  smile.gif  That day is one that I celebrate each year, almost more special than his birthday, because that's the day he came to us. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

Aw, that is such a touching, sweet story! It brought tears to my eyes.

Old 02-06-2011, 01:17 AM

Lovetolaugh, thank you so much for that story. It brought tears to me too. And it was very good to hear now.

Old 02-06-2011, 07:30 AM

Lovestolaugh, that also brought tears to my eyes.

I just wanted to say hi wave.gif and wish everyone luck fingersx.gif

Sorry for no personals, I am just hanging out cd4, not going to try this month. I have the feeling the problem lies with DH. Was it this thread that I read about kidney stones, and the scarring that could interfere with sperm? DH has had kidney stones right before we TTC. I am not sure where I heard it, but I have been Oing, and have had a regulr cycle for years (up until this last one) and I think I am starting peri and getting strange cycles. According to my temps, I didn't O this last cycle (which is a first) My temps always show strong O. I am 44 and am going to just let nature take it's course.

Hugs all around!

Whatever will be, already is...

Old 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHappy View Post

hey fabulous women!

just stopping in to say hi and best wishes to you all in this year of the Rabbit! may it be an awesome year for all of us.

i turned 43 in december, if you care to update the front page...

all is going along well with me and babe inside. 23 weeks tomorrow...the time is flying by. i'm trying to enjoy the moments of pregnancy while they last.

hugs to all,

xoxo

karen

Bhappy, so great to see you here. Wow 23 weeks! That is awesome. I'm glad you are enjoying.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 AM

loves to laugh--SO SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What a blessing he is to you.

My DH and I BDed all weekend---- will do more this week to for good measure ; )

After all the doubt- it felt so good to move forward with TTC. I feel alive again.

love to all of you! Happy Monday!

...namaste.gif
Old 02-07-2011, 12:37 PM

LitMama, Having another Bay Area mama here makes this time even friendlier for me. I am sorry to hear about your DD's father. It affects everyone, I've always thought it is actually easier to be the patient. I really relate about the only child, it is not what I wanted either at all and yet, also how our lives have worked out so far. So...when are you going to test?!

Karalina, I love what you wrote, "THIS is the life we have. That we can want things so much and not get them, but still we have a lovely life." Very beautiful. I'm so happy you had a wonderful weekend and you are feeling so good and positive! I'll keep you company over the next two weeks.

BHappy, hi, nice to meet you, I am happy about your babe coming!

lovetolaugh, what a beautiful story you shared with us about your brother!

Well, I have no idea what I'm doing or when to test. I do not want to test too early and get a BFN. I want to hold out and wait and wait and wait. Then if I get a BFN, I can be confident about it and begin moving on. Even if I get so lucky as to get a BFP, the new endocrinologist put a healthy dose of doubt in my mind about it sticking because of my thyroid levels. Then again, I've heard doctors say those things before, they have to be realistic and it's my job to keep dreaming a little and deal with the repercussions if and when they come. I am getting to be very curious and a bit anxious to know. There is nothing else happening beyond that one day of spotting last week. Ack!

I have to say thank you to everyone already because coming to this board has been very comforting and supportive already.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:30 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)

Lovestolaugh, such a beautiful story.

Bhappy, so great to hear from you, especially with such lovely news.

Well, i turn 44 today. 

Btw, anyone ever tried L-Arginine as a way to increase ewcm? Im on cycle day 9 today, and intend to start  taking it cycle days 10, 11, 12, 13, until O.  :shrug

it was recommended by Toni (Wechsler) Apparently it makes you enjoy sex more. I really couldnt care less about that :-)

Old 02-07-2011, 03:32 PM

Lovetolaugh, what a beautiful, life-affirming story! Wow. I love that your brother met you more than halfway and made the connecting easier. Tears...

BelovedK, I had not not heard that about kidney stones. Is it possible to have DH tested? It sounds though, as if you've found a path that feels good to you. There is a lot to be said for simply letting nature do her thing.

BHappy, good to see you! Thanks for stopping by. So glad you are enjoying your happy, healthy pregnancy. Blessings to you for a beautiful birth!

Karalina, yay for feeling alive! You go, woman! I can see your glow from here...

Boozheemama, yes, I love having a small circle of us in the Bay Area! I'm with you on not wanting to see the dreaded BFN. I'm 14dpo and have not tested yet -- expecting AF today, but no sign of her yet. Other than those very strong twinges, I have not had any signs that I'm pg, so I'm just going to see what happens. I have 3 HPTs sitting in my cupboard in case patience suddenly eludes me! The other reason I haven't tested yet is because I had a weird cycle... although FF believes I O'd 14 days ago, I did have a second LH surge and whacky temps, so there's a possibility I didn't O until 5 days later, in which case it's too early to test. We shall see.

Happy Birthday, Maya!!! I'm taking L-Arginine. It's supposed to help with CM and also increase blood flow to the pelvic region (which could explain why it would make sex more enjoyable). Difficult to tell if it's improving my CM, because I'm also taking a couple other things that are supposed to help with that. I'm not seeing much improvement (except for last month). 

AFM, I started doing Qi Gong movement and breathing and really love it. It's a beautiful practice, and one that I hope will help with fertility and stress reduction both. The first time I tried it, it released a lot of emotions for me, but in a cleansing way that was good. 

I'm loving all the adoption stories right now, and the general vibe of positive acceptance we are generating here. It feels good!

What I feel conflicted about right now is diet... I just don't know what the right thing to do is and am afraid of making the wrong choices. I feel most comfortable with my Weston Price-inspired traditional diet (with extra green stuff), but my TCM practitioner is recommending a TCM diet (like what Randine Lewis and Angela Wu recommend in their books), and they are in conflict re: dairy and wheat. I can live without wheat and gluten, but giving up dairy feels like a big sacrifice to me. How can organic yogurt with all its friendly bacteria be toxic to my eggs?? I wish there were a clearer path! For those of you who have made big dietary changes, what convinced you to make the leap? Was it an act of faith, or did you research it? 

Wishing you all a beautiful week!

Old 02-07-2011, 04:12 PM

LitMama, I also struggle with dietary changes. I just can't get with the "no dairy" part of TCM.I managed to conceive my last baby at 41, with the help of TCM and acupuncture, but I was still eating dairy. I don't have very much - just in tea and some yoghurt and cheese. And also the Western advice for ttc is to have some full fat dairy every day. There were studies done, and apparently that stuck out as very important. So I don't know - there's so much conflicting advice.At the moment I'm trying to eat a higher protein deit and try to make sure I have some leafy greens everyday.

It feels like I have to try everything to give us the best chance.I think we are all trying. I've been taking L-Arginine powder in my smoothie for a long time. I only have half a teaspoon.I think it may not be enough because along with the green tea,grapefruit juice, evening primrose oil my CM has not changed very much! However I did get pregnant last time with the same amount of CM, so there's still hope.I'm boosting it with Pre-seed lubricant.Who knows, maybe that makes all the difference?

I'll being Oing later this week I hope (if my cycle is back to normal, I Oed really late after the miscarriage,last month). I've planned a romantic dinner on Saturday night, and I'm having acupuncture on Thursday to hopefully get the egg moving.

Hopefully this Valentines will be full of promise for all of us.stillheart.gif

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
Old 02-07-2011, 05:44 PM

Happy Birthday, Contact Maya!!!! I'll be joining you in 44 world soon.

User Tag List