Mothering Forum banner

Bitter Sushi Ladies: January Edition

17K views 432 replies 32 participants last post by  rcr 
#1 ·
heartbeat.gif
Welcome to the January Thread
heartbeat.gif

This is a thread for those who have been TTC for a long time, whether 6 months, 12 months, or more. At this point many of us are at or past 1 or 2 years, many have had losses, many are dealing with various forms of infertility, and some are just in a waiting period until they can TTC again.

The name? Well, all things considered we tend to be a little bitter sometimes. So read with care. And due to everything, our emotions run a little raw like sushi. Too many cycles of BFN and CD1 sushi & sake to console ourselves. This TTC business is something that seems to "just happen" for so many...but we just can't seem to get it right. So this is where we can be together, share and express anything.

Current Bitter Sushi Ladies

abstract

33, and DH (36), TTC (his #2, my #1) off-and-on since November 2006

~AA~

Trying with DH since Feb 2008, on Clomid

amo4piano

ttc 11 months, one loss @ 10.5 weeks 9/2010 (blighted ovum)

Attached2Elijah

Hoping for #3 for 4 years and 3 months with 6 months hard TTC (charting, etc) after previous unexplained secondary infertility.BFPChart2.gif

blueyezz4

TTC #1 (technically #4-long story) since 2006; Moving on to our first FET after 5 failed IUI's and 1 IVF

borobaby

TTC #2 for 7 months

collieflower

TTC #2 for 2 years, with 4 m/c (and another before DC#1)

enigo

Has one beautiful son, trying to conceive after three losses

inwaiting

TTC #1 for 14 months, with one ectopic.

indianagirl

36, TTC for a little over two years onto IUI and clomid

jane

4 losses since December 2008. Now working with an RE BFPChart2.gif

jenger

Mama to DD (4/07) TTC #2 since August 2009. BFPChart2.gif

jennabella

TTC #2 since July 2009, with a loss in February 2010 and a loss in July 2010

justhinkn

TTC #2 since summer 2009, just starting IF testing with DH

keria

TTC #1 since October 2008.

kgulbransen

TTC since April 2010, 5 IUIs & 1 at home with frozen, all using HCG trigger; 5 at home insems with fresh donor, latest one Jan (try#11). Short luteal phase, otherwise all clear, have tried Femara and Clomid with no success. On to IVF in April??

kinza

TTC #1 since November 2008, with PCOS and Male Factor BFPChart2.gif

kparker

TTC #1 since 9/08 with male factor, IUI #1 with donor sperm Jan 2011

Kyamo

TTC#1 since Jan 2010 (with PCOS) BFPChart2.gif

laggie

TTC #1 since Fall 2009 with male factor issues

lapis

TTC #1 since August 2008. Living in a new country with a calmer lifestyle and trying not to get sucked into the TTC vacuum

lavatea

Has two lovely children, 6 and 3. Lost #3 at 18 weeks last November. Lost #4 pretty much right away, 4w6d in March. Lost #5 at 6w3d this past June. BFPChart2.gif

lilmom

35, ttc #2 for a year and a half with pcos and rarely ovulating

littlest birds

TTC for 16+ months after VR BFPChart2.gif

luminesce

TTC #2 since 4/2010 after 3 years of unexplained infertility with #1

mahnamahna

Mama to 1 amazing son, TTC #2 for one year, natural parenting blogger

millefleur

34, happily unmarried to my beloved DP since 2005. Started TTC our first in Summer 2008. Nine week miscarriage December 2008. TTC again since June 2009 without interventions

miriam bat avraham

TTC #1 for 24+ months, PCOS, normal SA, irregular cycles, currently on first cycle of Clomid & Ovidrel and IUI. BFPChart2.gif

monkeyscience

26, TTC #1 w/ PCOS since 6/2010, anovulatory the whole time. SA results good, RE appointment 1/17

musicoholic

Stop-start TTC#2 since April '06; no known fertility issues BFPChart2.gif

mrs.nap515

TTC #1 with DH. Hormone deficiencies and hypothalmic amenorrhea.

rcr

TTC since summer 2009, and NTNP since summer 2008 with male factor and one loss in August 2010. 36 YO BFPChart2.gif

silverbird

ttc #1 since June 2010, after a two year delay for illness. Waiting for IVF.

SimplyRochelle

TTC #1 on and off since 5/2007, m/c at 12 weeks 9/08.

Smilesarefree

36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

sweet.bee

TTC #2 with late ovulation and an overworked husband BFPChart2.gif

sweetest77

38 y/o, TTC #3 since May 09, after VR

tara2

TTC #4 (#2 for DH) since October 2009, DH with low count

TTC3Years

TTC #1 for since December of '06

ZanneMom

TTC#2 for more than 12 months

hug2.gif
In our thoughts, on hold, and/or waiting
hug2.gif

BelovedK

Mama of 2 (15yo DS, 10yo DD). Wife to one incredible man. Residing in Central VA. TTC someone new since November 2008 with 2 m/c (Feb/09 and Jul/09). An avid bellydancer and firedancer, who works part time doing hair, and who is giving her loving energy nowadays more toward her DH than TTC

mi_dawn

lost baby William (born still 4/09) and two m/c in 09.

Milk8shake

26, TTC #1 since 4/09. Battling endo, uterine abnormality and recurrent pregnancy loss. Awaiting results before taking the next step, whatever that may be...

dust.gif
BSL BFPs!!! Stick little babies, stick, stick, stick...
dust.gif

slylives - due 6/2011

Tear78 - due 8/4/2011

Maurine - due 8/2/2011

CLH_X3 - due 7/13/11

kalamos23

xtara2003x - due 5/5/10

jenniferadurham - Due 4/2011

nanette56 - Due 4/2011 with twins!

babygrey - Due 4/2011

grapesbunch

finnegansmom - Due 2/11

barefootgirl - Due 12/10

rachwms - Due 11/10

joy.gif
BSL BABIES
joy.gif

jessica_s - Asher Kingston 1/20/11

QBear'sMama - Jack Everett 12/17/10!

kellyttc#1 - Hilary & Charlotte 11/11/10!

YummyYumYumMama - Kieran 10/27/10!

lyndzies - Cadence James 10/15/10!

Carlyle - Maggie 10/9/10!

aidanraynesmom - Sloan Phoenix 9/10!

MaerynPearl - Maeryn Jean 9/27/10!

colorbywords - Emery Oaklynn 8/03/10!

LZP - Anna Veronica 7/18/10!

Pinoikoi - Ursula Marisol 6/23/10!

Lisko15 - Caleb Benjamin 6/24/10!

LINK to our graduates thread - New Year 2011 Edition!

Please let the threadkeeper know if your info needs to be updated.

New ladies are always welcome, but please join with care.

See less See more
#302 ·
lavatea, I'm glad you are feeling better, I hate it when fevers throw off those charts. I am sure you will pass the test FX

Tear! Good to see you
love.gif

I can't see the rest of the page, so I will just say
wave.gif
to everyone else for now.

I am in a pretty dark place right now. I won't go all into it, I just wish I could feel better (I'd settle for feeling just okay tat this point)

My coworker was acting quiet and not her self today. I hope she didn't get a BFN and get all upset, I know what it is like and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. At first I was paranoid that she knew what I had been saying about her, but that is silly.

I had the worst day, and just found out my health insurance has been cancelled
greensad.gif

#303 ·
Wow, you ladies have been busy! Dh has gotten jealous of the time I spend with you, so not a lot of time to post lately. Caught up on reading now, though.

Jane - EEEEEEE!!! Congrats! Praying for stickiness for you!

Beloved - :( about your health insurance... and whatever else is bringing you down. You know we're here if/when you want to unload.

lavatea - I just noticed you're also in Texas! I know it's a big state, but it's kind of cool to know someone here is somewhere close!

AFM... dealing with school stress, and with the fact that the last two nights the prometrium has given me horrible attacks of dizziness... the first one, while I was driving. Scary! Only 6 more days, though.

#304 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

lavatea - I just noticed you're also in Texas! I know it's a big state, but it's kind of cool to know someone here is somewhere close!
I love it, too. I noticed someone else that posted recently was from San Antonio. I'm from the Dallas area, though I'm currently living about 1 1/2 hours east of there. It's too bad TX is so huge, we could have a BSL mini meet-up.

#306 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

yikes2.gif
Beloved!

dust.gif
for you!

Thanks for all the sticky wishes. Beta tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear your numbers tomorrow!!! Yeah!!!
joy.gif

#308 ·
MBA, Yay for a new car!!! and it sounds like your attitude is positive, that can't hurt. I hope af stays far away and you get that BFP.

Monkeyscience, that is so scary
greensad.gif
Dizziness is a scary thing. I have had it before. It's a new day, so 5 days and counting...

FF gave me crosshairs today, I am supposedly 3dpo. My BBs are hurting like you wouldn't believe though, so I suspect they are wrong. I am hopinh today will be a better day. Annabelle had a friend over last night and when I peeked in on them, they were curled up together on the twin bed. Aw.

I was able to work out a deal to keep my phone on, but I need to pay $1250. to get my health insurance up and running (and I need it, I have a medical condition that I need it for, I really don't know what I would do without it) I am not sure if DH can help. Things are so tense for us about money, I am sorta glad I am not pregnant now, things were/are looking up, but it is all falling apart and I don't know what to think.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25415c

#309 ·
Hugs, Beloved, and anyone else in the dark place this week!

Ugh.... If I were anyone else (well, you all know what I mean), I would be pregnant: already day 34 of cycle and temperature has not come down at all yetas of this morning. For the past half year, my longest cycle was 31 days and most were shorter than that. This cycle had been identical to the two previous ones, with "positive" opks on day 16 of each of the 3 cycles. Its just that the other two were only 31 days, so I am 3 days past that, with nothing but negative pregnancy tests. I cramp on and off and have expected to wipe blood any time now for the past 3 days. The only thing I can "blame" for the longer than normal cycle is the progesterone cream: I am on a higher dose than before this cycle, altghough not by very much. If these cramps went away, I would just hope I was a late tester (dd was a faint positive on 13 dpo). However, it sure feels like af is about to start anytime now and I am past 13 dpo, maybe already 15 dpo, and the tests are super sensitive.

I am sitting here, reminding myself that I am not "someone else" and that I have a history of wanting to hope every cycle, and never being pregnant, well, since over 6 years ago. Also, a BFN 15 dpo (or definitely at least 14 dpo) does not give a lot of hope. So... I am asking myself whether it is mentally easier to have some hope or to feel no hope. I am not sure what the answer is. I wish af would just come, already, although I am not excited about the idea of yet another cycle TTC.

Interestingly enough, this is my first cycle of more spiritual peace and acceptance... and now this is thrown my way. What I mean is that I have accepted the secondary infertility and only ask for what is right for our family. However, the emotions have not gone anywhere (the sadness and pain, mostly, although the bitterness also pays regular visits). Now my prayer is that, if endless infertility is my future, those feelings would be taken away. But I accept.... just because, somehow, for me, it is right to accept all this as part of the story of my life, because it has been that for so long already. (Which, again, does not remove the fact that I will cry hard when af finally cares to arrive.)

What a journey...

#311 ·
MBA - Your post made my day. You sound so positive.
smile.gif
Congrats on the new car. We're looking to get a new one soon, too.

Beloved - I really hope all of the health insurance stuff works out. Money and all that goes with it is so stressful.

LTB - Your cycle is frustrating me. I had a cycle like that right around the time I first started posting here on the BSLs. I had never had a non-pregnant cycle go past 31 days. Then, bam, a 34 day cycle with nothing but BFNs. It was tough to deal with b/c to me it felt like things were getting even weirder with my cycle in addition to not being pregnant. Maybe you'll get a surprise, though. I always feel sort of crampy when I'm pregnant. I remember thinking my period was coming for weeks with DD (then again I was in major denial). It didn't even really cross my mind to test. I went to the OB/GYN for some other tests. I still remember the scene when the NP told me the test was positive. I must have had an awful look on my face b/c she came and hugged me and everything. Man, I wish things were that easy now.
greensad.gif

AFM - My temp had a significant dip this morning, which has become a new theme in my cycles. I think that's supposed to possibly happen the day before ovulation (is that right??) but for me it has been happening 2-3 days before O. And I would say my O dates have just been wrong, but I was using OPKs last cycle, and the +OPK lined up with my temp shift and not the temp dip. Can you O and your temps not reflect it right away? Maybe that's why I'm not getting pg lately. Here's the chart if anyone's bored.

ETA - Looks like we cross-posted, MBA. Good morning.
wave.gif

#312 ·
MBA - The new car sounds spiffy! And I'm with you on sometimes feeling that I'm "a malfunctioning reproductive system tucked inside a fat body". Gotta remember we are more than our ovaries! (Or uteri!) And it sounds like you have some fun new things for you & your dh. ;)

LTB - I hope you get things resolved one way or another soon! Uncertainty really is the bane of IF. Waiting to see if you ovulate, then waiting to test, then wondering it the tests are accurate... ugh.

AFM, I did not get a dizzy attack last night with the medicine, but maybe it's because I was laying down during the most likely dizzy time. Hopefully, that side effect is just a thing of the past. This morning, though, my temp was down at 97.2. I can't figure it out - when I did Provera before, my temps stayed up above the coverline while I was on Provera, and then for a few days afterward (AF actually started before they got back below the coverline.) Well, actually, the second day of the medicine, it dipped below the coverline, but that was it. But this was the 4th day. No idea what's going on. :p

#313 ·
ARGH! I messed up inputing my charting info into the computer, and threw away the paper copies before I realized the mistake. :( Since I missed temping some days, I now have no idea which days some of the data belong to.
bawling.gif
It's really not the end of the world, as it's not like this really does much for me, and I'm about to induce a period anyway, but it is frustrating! I knew I should have kept my charts, but I was trying to declutter. Sigh. Anyway, if I use the coverline rule with all my missing data, it actually puts today's temp ON the coverline, not under it, but I really think my coverline should be a bit higher. Whatever.</rant>

#314 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

ARGH! I messed up inputing my charting info into the computer, and threw away the paper copies before I realized the mistake. :( Since I missed temping some days, I now have no idea which days some of the data belong to.
bawling.gif
It's really not the end of the world, as it's not like this really does much for me, and I'm about to induce a period anyway, but it is frustrating! I knew I should have kept my charts, but I was trying to declutter. Sigh. Anyway, if I use the coverline rule with all my missing data, it actually puts today's temp ON the coverline, not under it, but I really think my coverline should be a bit higher. Whatever.</rant>
I'm sorry, stuff like that is frustrating
hug.gif

MUSIC, I saw your chart girl, when are you going to test???

#315 ·
Muuuuusssiiiiiiiiccc (in a whiney voice) where arree you?

afm, my health insurance cancelled because I cannot afford my $630 a month payments, and I have to pay over 1200 to get it back on. I am self employed, and DH doesn't have the money to help me. I need insurance for a chronic health condition for which I take expensive meds (I have already talked to DR about pregnancy and meds) One of my meds is 25 a pill
greensad.gif

#316 ·
boo boo

Here I am!!!!
lol.gif
Sorry - took DS out for a "grown-up" morning/lunch. I go back to school this week, and he goes back next week - so we're trying to make the most of the holidays we have left... (although he's been nagging since Christmas to go back... lol)

First an update from the "BSL Stalking Thread"...

jessica_s welcomed Asher Kingston on 1/20 at 9:18pm. 8.5lbs and 21inches.
joy.gif
joy.gif
joy.gif

Beloved - that sucks big hairy dogs' balls about your insurance. Geez I wish I would win the lotto.....
greensad.gif
hug2.gif

Meh.... tested this morning, just because DH wanted me to (he's been watching my temps for the first time) and
neg.gif
Didn't really expect anything different.... AF still not here though... CD29 (FF has me to start tomorrow, but I think it should be today). If she doesn't show by Thursday I'll test again on Friday morning.... I've only got one FRER left (and no $$ to buy any more with for a bit). I've had to have a nanna-nap every day for the last 5 (which is completely weird)..... As much as I want this, I'm honestly terrified to see a
pos.gif
eyesroll.gif
Pfft... I think the witch is just messing with my head.

Thanks for checking up on me!!!!
love.gif
I wish I could give you something interesting to see....

#317 ·
Good luck with the test today, Lavatea!

Beloved, sorry to hear about the health insurance trouble! That is really hard and annoying. (Whenever dh and I discuss a possible move back to the US, health insurance is the first thing we discuss. Even with having it things were stressful because the hospital in which dd born filed some things under the wrong code, so I received an extra bill for over $4000 in the mail one day. Then I was stuck in the middle, calling both places, trying to proves it was a mistake. The hospital and the health insurance company did not communicate one bit without me in the middle calling them. I hate that system!)

Music... Hoping for you!! The quote in your sig is so perfect.

MBA, congrats for having sold the cars, and the new one, of course. It is wonderful, whatever stress you can get rid of.

So, cd 35, maybe 16 dpo. Got a low temp after the really gorgeously high temp yesterday. Also have like 4 neg tests by now, so it is clear. I am thrilled that these days my usually starts on the day of the temp drop. So, today it is. I don't know if the long luteal phase was caused by the progesterone cream or if there is something else going on. This was the first time ever I saw evaps, so that was interesting. (Came way after the 10 mins limit and seemed without color, so they were indeed evaps, not possible BFP's. I just don't get why that does not happen every time, since I am alwats using the same brand.)

Last night I remembered, for the first time in years, what it was like to be pregnant. While I am sad (every cycle screams more and more that there is a problem other than hypothyroidism), I remember how sick I was for 6 months when pregnant with dd. All day, all night, awful physically and mentally. Thus I am trying to see the good in this... More time to lose weight and maybe even start running or something. (We have more snow than ever since 1913 or something, so that one is not very easy.) But hope is rough, in some ways. I would have prefered my normal 31 days and no hope cycle.

Talked with mil over the weekend and she was trying to put more pressure on us to come visit this summer. I understand that no one is getting younger, etc. However, dh is under some strict rules due to his funding for school and does not know whether he will need to do something for school in the summer. There are other issues, also. For me the worst part about going is that she has the "big, happy family" thing going again in her head. (I wrote about this very same thing before Christmas.) There is no bad blood between anyone, but the 4 siblings are not that close, so the idea of how everyone needs to get together is really only mil's. Sil is having a baby very soon, and they have a toddler, also. Do I want to spend all my time with them, esp. as they are very different from us? NOOO. I have enough pain, thank you very much, without spending every moment of every day with someone with two kids under 2. Selfish? Not sure, but I am not going to put myself through that. Mil has not walked in my shoes and my priority is staying sane for my family. I am so tired of pretending and that is what I would need to do, the whole time. I am, at least at this point in life, unable to play the happy (extended) family game. This pain does not get better with more of the same, and it is rough enough right now that I do need to take the right to guard myself. (On top it all, mil's and sil's financial situations are very different from ours. I am totally fine with that, as we have chosen our situation and don't want theirs, but that also means that our ways to spend time are quite different. There is little point for me to go walk in the stores by an expensive resort, and look at what they spend on things. Just not helpful, to them or to me.)

Today dh will be home, so he will go to dd's parent-child gym class with dd. There is a cafe with magazines in the building, so I will sit there. Fun! I basically never have time totally without dd and I am just fine with that, most of the time. At almost 6 she is quite independent and can spend hours cutting paper dolls, etc. Anyway, this 45 mins by myself in a cafe is really nice for me, so I am looking forward to it. Since af is on its way, I will also overdose on coffee, just because I want to.. ha ha.

Ok AF, please come. Let's get this cycle over with. I am already counting this as cd 1, so I guess I should try to figure out my strategy for the cycle. Preseed and progesterone for sure, even just because I like them. I will also try to be better at taking my vitamins, as they are for hypo more than anything else. Running...? Unlikely, but I am feeling at least a little bit of motivation all of a sudden. I think that's about it. Maca would be great but it is super expensive here, so that it out. I am going to keep having tea and coffee because they make me a better mom. If at the gates of heaven I am told that that was what kept me from having another baby (even though I did not have any for years), I think I will say: "Yeah, right!" ;)

Beginning of total rant.

P.S.

Dear friend. You are a wonderful person. However, I think you need to realize something. There are thousands of moms, in this country alone, who take care of two young kids while their husbands work. Yes, I mean alone, no helper, no grandma, no friend. As in no one else in the house during those hours. Same goes if dh goes to the gym, gets groceries, etc. When you started planning to have another child, you decided to take on the joys, but also the inconveniences and even sufferings of living in that new situation. Yes, it is a real drag to take all your kids with you to certain places. However, that is the sort of thing parents do. Would it be easier not to? Sure. The easiest, in that sense, would be having no kids. There are ways to make those sort of trips and life in general, easier. Please do not ask your friends for their tips anymore, since you are not willing to try their ideas. You have been given advice which would really help you and benefit your children, and although you had asked, it seems you did not even consider it. When the attitude is that something cannot done, well, I am pretty sure it cannot be. However, there is not a whole lot of room in motherhood for that attitude. You choose to survive, whatever happens, and you do. It is not always easy, or fun, as you well know. Things will be easier when your toddler gets older. (Yes, he is still a toddler, not that far from a baby, and it is unfair to expect him to act like he is a year ot two older just because there is a baby in the house.) So, please consider letting this baby grow old enough, whatever that is, before you add to your family again. Children are great, but you need to be able to respond to their developmentally appropriate needs.

P.P.S. Your child is having a hard time learning not to use diapers, at least partly, because he is so used to the feeling of being wet that it no longer bothers him. Please change your child's diapers a bit more often. Not only is it not good for him to soak in the chemicals, the diaper also really stinks when soaked. Please clean him when you change him, don't just put a new diaper and leave his skin dirty.

P.P.P.S. I realize you have very little time for anything other than kids. However, you really need to read about what it developmentally appropriate. You are just following your husband, who does not seem to know any better. I take that back, he seems to know less than you, so please stop following his lead and get some opinions.

End of rant, sorry if you actually read it all. ;)

#319 ·
Yes, Kyamo, I think that is it. I have taken it for 2 cycles before this and my lp was 1 day longer than normal. However, I am now taking more, so I think that must be it. Negative tests, and this morning my temp dropped. I think af must be on its way soon, hopefully today because I really like the "temp drops the same day af starts" thing. Makes things so simple. I think I better research again how much I am supposed to be taking. No matter what, I think I'll go down a bit next cycle. (The stuff is expensive, as I have to get it from the UK.)

#320 ·
Music - I guess for my one liner you can just say 36 year old mom of one wonderful dd trying for another since April 2010

Colliflower - You are absolutely right, we're not asking too much for wanting more kids, I want it as much for dd as I do for myself (although right now she probably wouldn't agree, she's not big on sharing, especially her mommy and daddy!)

LTB - I have to say that I really enjoy reading your posts, they really tug at me emotionally, I think that acceptance of your life as is, is a great thing but I don't think that you should ever give up hope. Sending you a hug from across the miles.

Hope everyone had a fun stress free weekend!

#321 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet.Bee View Post

Jane, yay! I see it! I think you have ended our dry spell.
smile.gif

And, music, did you test? Your post almost tempted me to.
orngtongue.gif
I bought some cheap(er) HPTs online with my OPK order. Got 10 for less than 1 costs in the store. I'm boring, though, so I won't likely test for awhile. I take negatives pretty hard.

Welcome, to our new lovely ladies and sending lots of love to everyone here. I've been reading along but been busy with work, and now I think I'm coming down with a cold. I've been sick at least once (sometimes twice) each cycle since we've been TTC. Granted, my cycles are long, but that's just annoying on top of annoying. Boo.

9DPO today and am luckily distracted by enough other things to take the edge off the wait. For the moment.
winky.gif
Sweet.Bee have you tested yet? I think we are right on with our dpo's. I am 12dpo today and of course I got a BFN and my temps dropped. I just havent talked to you since last week so I thought I would see you are doing.

#323 ·
You all are so sweet!
blowkiss.gif
I am realizing that I really miss my BSL. I really do. But when I stay away, I tend to be a little (just a tiny bit) more sane. Is there such a think as moderation on MDC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miriam_bat_avraham View Post

Jenger-- glad the HSG went well! Now that you're 3 dpo, go ahead and let the urge to obsess take over a bit so you can come back and hang around more ;) I'm just kidding! Do whatever feels best for you. But also come back soon. lol.
Thanks, Sweetie. Yep, and now 7dpo. But what do I expect, huh? Try 18, and I have been doing what I have been for 6-9 months (Progesterone and treating my thyroid...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelovedK View Post

wave.gif
Jenger
Hi Beloved! I hope you are doing alright today, mama. Treat yourself well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post

Of course I tested! Slowly getting darker.
Link
Oh (I almost wrote Apricot) Jane, honey, I am so excited for you! I didn't see your beta numbers.. How's it looking, how are you feeling? This one sticks, right? Please say yes. And please take me with you to your ddc. (Again, not that after 18 tries, the result would be any different)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Hi Jenger.
Hi rcr!!! How are things? Did I read you are onto an IVF cycle? Tell me what's up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by collieflower View Post

Hi Jenger! I miss you. But understand your need to stay away. Glad to hear you still like the BD-ing ;)
Hi Collie!
I miss you too! Yep - TTC (even this long) has put the spark back into our relationship that was dampened with our daughter - I had NO desire after her birth, for nearly 2 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcr View Post

Hey collie - I miss you, and jenger too.
Ah, rcr! I should message you my email... or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post

don't I wish ;) I've been here for 2.5 yrs now :p (only, off and on since it was too stressful to remain 100%, etc)
I remember you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kparker View Post

I don't think I have ever been so happy to announce I'm on CD1 - this allowed me to call my fertility doctor and schedule my first appt for an ovulation check via ultrasound, which will then lead to a trigger and an insem! I will be trying 100% for REAL in ten days! :D
kparker, yay!!! It's time, girl!
goodvibes.gif

Jane, GAH!!!
joy.gif
fingersx.gif
praying.gif
Stick baby, stick!!!
Oh TEAR! I miss you! (Don't get me wrong, I am so pleased you are not with us!)

Yep, I do miss all of my BSL friends. I wish we could go out for drinks together...

Me - 7dpo. DH and I have a night alone in the mountains next weekend, at 12/13 dpo. To celebrate/be sad together... Might be too much pressure for me.

#324 ·
Quote:

Does anyone else get sore BBs around O time? Just wondering. Mine are soooo sore, which makes me think af is on her way. They got sore right around the time FF says that I Od.
TBH, I have never thought about it much, but I don't think mine get sore until after ovulation. But since we are on the topic, when do your boobs stop hurting?

It is interesting to me that when I got pregnant with dd, I did not have very sore boobs. I know many think of it as an early symptom, but it was not that for me. The BFP was really a big surprise, although we were TTC.

This never-ending cycle has been so weird: Had sore boobs like always some days after ovulation. Then it went away and now came back like two days ago, but feels different. I wonder what the role of progesterone is in all that. I think my body thinks it is pregnant due to the extra progesterone. I just figured that I had been using a bit more than I had meant to, though not dangerously much or anything. This will be my longest lp ever, I think. I once had a 16 day lp last year, without extra progesterone or anything, and I still wonder if it was an early miscarriage, as it came out of nowhere. (Lps were normally like 11 days.) Never had a positive test, though, so not sure if that is possible.

Since I had a low temp today and no af arrived, I bet I will have a higher temp tomorrow, and then a negative test, just to keep things fun. ;) I am not a big fan of walking around, feeling like af is about to start, for a week.

#325 ·
Jane - you are making me nervous!!!!!! Hoping the beta went well!! Thinking of you and sending positive vibes
goodvibes.gif

LTB - Wow, sounds like that would be a stressful trip to go visit the family! I don't think I could do it if I was in your shoes. Hopefully your DH will have a good excuse to get you out of it!!

Music - So sorry to hear about the BFN this morning. How cute that DH is keeping tabs on your cycle!! My DH is clueless unless I tell him and even with that I think he only hears half of what I say about fertility issues. That is why I'm glad that I have this site b/c people on here understand. Fingers crossed for you that maybe today's HPT was wrong and AF will stay away.

Beloved - Wow, that is expensive insurance. All this insurance stuff is a big scam. My DH has been with the same comp for about 18 yrs and hardly ever uses his health insurance, but then when we (mostly me) need it we always hit with these huge bills and you start to wonder what it that we are paying for each month. You'd think that since he hasn't used his insurance in so many years they should be giving us money back instead of taking it out of his pay each week. Good luck to you!!

Monkey - Hope the dizzy spells have gone! That had to of been scary!

Lavatea - I used to get a drop before I'd O.... not sure if that is normal or not, but it did happen on my charts. Fingers crossed for you!!!

AFM- I went for another hcg draw today and am just waiting to hear if my levels have dropped to 0 yet or not!!! Sure hope so - she will probably call this afternoon I'd think. Last monday they were at 71. Had some spotting again this morning so I'm not sure what is up with that. Seems like i'll have several days off from it and then it will start again. Who knows.

#326 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessTraveledBy View Post

Quote:

Does anyone else get sore BBs around O time? Just wondering. Mine are soooo sore, which makes me think af is on her way. They got sore right around the time FF says that I Od.
TBH, I have never thought about it much, but I don't think mine get sore until after ovulation. But since we are on the topic, when do your boobs stop hurting?

It is interesting to me that when I got pregnant with dd, I did not have very sore boobs. I know many think of it as an early symptom, but it was not that for me. The BFP was really a big surprise, although we were TTC.

This never-ending cycle has been so weird: Had sore boob like always some days after ovulation. Then it went away and now came back like two days ago, but feels different. I wonder what the role of progesterone is in all that. I think my body thinks it is pregnant due to the extra progesterone. I just figured that I had been using a bit more than I had meant to, though not dangerously much or anything. This will be my longest lp ever, I think. I once had a 16 day lp last year, without extra progesterone or anything, and I still wonder if it was an early miscarriage, as it came out of nowhere. (Lps were normally like 11 days.) Never had a positive test, though, so not sure if that is possible.

Since I had a low temp today and no af arrived, I bet I will have a higher temp tomorrow, and then a negative test, just to keep things fun.
wink1.gif
I am not a big fan of walking around, feeling like af is about to start, for a week.
LTB, don't I know the feeling
hug.gif
I hate the BFNs when af won't start.

My BBs haven't hurt until like 6 or 7 weeks when I was pregnant before. This time, they started hurting immediately at the time FF said I Od, so I guess I did right before then. It is a mystery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.