Bitter Sushi Ladies: January Edition - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 06:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, I didn't sleep at all last night b/c I was kept up by terrible pain. It started in the evening, around the site where I had my 2nd side of wisdom teeth removed a year ago. There's no longer a tooth there, but the pain is the same as before the surgery (throbbing ache deep down that's shooting out across the whole side of my face, including behind my eye, ow). I managed to get an app for a few hours from now with the doctor who did my surgery, so just hoping he can figure out what's going on.

In the meantime, I've taken some pain killers, though I don't like doing that. I have no idea what this pain will do to O, which is supposed to be happening right now, but right now I just hope that can fix me, preferably w/o surgery again.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

and our new baby girl stork-girl.gif, caught by her daddy in our bathtub!

#122 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 06:13 AM

Sweet.Bee, I'm sorry you are having tooth pain greensad.gif My son and DH are BOTH having bad tooth pain, there is nothing worse. I hope the painkillers don't affect your O.

Whatever will be, already is...

#123 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 06:33 AM
rcr

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy bday Music!!

Nice job with loosing the weight, Beloved!

SweetBee - Sorry about the tooth pain. Ouch. I can't imagine what the problem would be, if the teeth are gone. Strange.

Thanks for all the support about DH telling his mom. I still feel so embarrassed and mad. The worst part of it is that I really need to just get over it because I don't want to go into IVF with this hanging over my head.

LTB - I hope you don't mind all this IVF talk, I know you have religious reasons against it, so I don't mean to offend, if I am, I am sorry.

Mom to DS 12/07 and DD 11/13, plus a bunch of chickens, dogs, and cats.

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#124 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 AM

Thank you all so much for the wonderful, sweet welcome. I'm just trying to learn everyone right now so sitting in the background reading and learning who everyone is but wanted to acknowledge the warm welcome. :) 

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#125 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 AM

Well, the test last night was definitely a waste, as was the one I used this morning. AF showed up about 2 hours ago (and a day early to boot).

rcr, I can't speak for LTB, but I am Catholic as well. Though I am against IVF, I for one don't mind reading about those of you who are choosing that route. It's interesting to say the least.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#126 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 12:07 PM

Don't worry rcr! Afterall, no one is forcing me to read anything here. ;)

Little is new here. I am maybe 3 dpo and, as usual cramp without progesterone cream. Whenever I rub on the cream, the cramps go away.

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#127 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 02:04 PM

rcr
I was blindsided a year ago or so when MIL asked me how I was doing after the mc's. DH had told her and I didn't even know she knew. Same thing next time I talked to his sister. What angered me the most was that I didn't know they knew and it caught me by surprise, plus, it's a deeply personal thing that I didn't wish to share with them.

My mother told everyone she worked with after my first mc. THAT was upsetting. Next time I went to see her at work, everyone there knew. I barely have even met these people more than once. They had no reason to know what is going on with my life!

Oh see and my New Year's resolution is to be more posititve and I'm whining already!

Me jammin.gif DH  REPlaySkateboard04HL.gifDS 06/06 superhero.gif ...MC 2/9 11/9 5/10
#128 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

Still reading. So busy with work! Nothing to report here. Glad some of you are having some hope. :)

Also, can I ask why Catholics (or at least some Catholics) oppose IVF? If this is the wrong place for that, I'll go ask in the religious studies section. Not judging, just curious - never heard this before!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#129 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM

#130 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 06:35 PM
rcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Still reading. So busy with work! Nothing to report here. Glad some of you are having some hope. :)

Also, can I ask why Catholics (or at least some Catholics) oppose IVF? If this is the wrong place for that, I'll go ask in the religious studies section. Not judging, just curious - never heard this before!

Actually, I have been wondering that myself. In my ivf research I came across a blog by a Catholic woman doing ivf. What she was doing was not any different from what I am planning to do (we are donating any unused embryos, and the doctor said that she has waiting lists for people in need of embryos, so they wont be going to waste). But it kinda seemed like she was making up her own rules because she was doing the birth control pills, which I understand is also against the rules (?)

Moving past many years of infertility and always thinking of my friends in the infertility forums.

#131 of 433 Old 01-11-2011, 07:26 PM

I'm a newish convert to the Church, so my understanding may not be complete. I think IVF has a myriad of problems. #1 being the unused embryos. Since life begins at conception, doctors are essentially creating people and then putting them into a state of suspended animation. If they can't be implanted, they're left frozen indefinitely. If they're thawed but not implanted, they're essentially murdered. Donating seems to take care of this problem, but that leads to issue #2, which is separating procreation from the marital act (BD'ing). As Catholics, we believe that the unitive and procreative aspects of the act should not be separated. So creating babies in a lab violates that principle. (This doesn't mean we can only BD during the fertile window or that BD'ing is only for creating life. It's just that we should be open to any life that does result. It is OK to TTA if there is a valid reason.)

I hope I made sense in my explanation. I'm sure I'm probably missing something (and probably something important).

LTB, please chime in and correct any misinformation I've put out there.

ETA - I hope I didn't come off harsh. I'm not sure how to explain this without sounding that way?? I don't want any of you to think I'm judging your choices. If I were not Catholic, I think I'd personally be OK with IVF coupled with embryo donation.

Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#132 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 12:12 AM

miriam, sounds like a great vacation! And very funny about the hot tub's killing off the weak sperm. orngtongue.gif I've asked my husband not to take baths in the fear that it will kill off all of them. He hasn't had a sperm analysis, so I'm probably just being paranoid. I don't want to hurt our chances, though, you know? He feels like he's suffering by not being able to soak for an hour each day. Do you know if hot baths are really bad for sperm? He likes the water at at least 40 C, which I think is kind of hot.

Thank you all for your concern over my mouth pain. I saw the doctor, and he couldn't find anything wrong with my teeth or gums. He thinks it is likely a tight muscle problem. He said my teeth look a bit worn, so maybe I grind them in my sleep and that has over-tightened the muscles in my mouth, causing the pain. I've been wrapping a warm towel over my cheek and drinking hot tea to relax the area, and no pain last night. Hopefully, if I do these things long enough, the muscles will return to normal.

I think I maybe Oed late yesterday. I don't feel as fertile and my temp was slightly higher this morning. I'll just have to wait for tomorrow's temp, which will hopefully be higher.

Mama to our little boy (3) babyf.gif , the amazing super squirmer, almost born in the taxi...

#133 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 11:20 AM

Welcome, AttachedtoElijah.

I hope your not-tooth feels better soon, SweetBee.

I have been trying to take a break from obsessing about TTC since there was no medical stuff this month.  Up to now (10ish DPO) I have been doing well with not paying much attention, but today I feel kind of nauseous.  It is probably nothing, there is some new symptom or another every month it seems, but so much for not obsessing. 

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#134 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)

lavatea - Thanks for the explanation. It doesn't sound offensive to me, but I at least sort of agree with some of the points, so I'm not really an impartial judge. I would definitely consider IVF, but I'd be really worried about what would happen to any unused embryos.

Kyamo - Sorry for the new reason to obsess... fingers crossed that it's something good, but I'll try not to encourage the obsessing. If you don't mind my asking, do you have an male-factor issues, or is it just the PCOS?

Oh, and from a long time ago - collie - no hard feelings about not revealing your field. I'm fairly protective of my personal details online, too. I'm a teacher, though, so telling my profession doesn't make anyone any more likely to find me!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#135 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 03:32 PM

Ouch sweet.bee! That sounds painful... hope it starts feeling better soon. :(

Thanks lavatea for that explanation, very interesting.

I'm definitely not religious in any sense but I wouldn't do IVF for myself just because I don't think that I would be able to go through everything that comes with it. I am ALL for it though... I think it's amazing what science can do for us and am all for utilizing that science. I'm just too much of a wimp for it and having 2 children already, I don't think I would feel right doing it. However, we did talk about it when we were TTCing DD. We were less than a month away from our first appointment with an RE when we got our BFP with her and were definitely contemplating it. This time, though, we have already talked and said that if we can't do it on our own, we'll just have to be happy with the 2 we have together. I think that's a bit easier for DH to say as he has 4 children already. I have always dreamed of at LEAST 3... so it might be harder for me to give up on that dream if need be.

I'm having a bit of a rough go lately since my neighbor (who is pregnant with her 4th child by the 4th different father and was only with him for 3 months) that knows how hard we have been TTCing and having problems called me yesterday all excited and breathy to tell me she is pregnant with her first girl... It nearly killed me to say congratulations to her and be nice. I got off the phone and had myself a huge, nice cry fest. It was just not what I needed to hear right then. Ugh.

And on another note, my cycle is messsssssssssssssed up royally right now. Last cycle, I didn't have any of my NORMAL O signs and I was a lazy charter and basically made things look the way I wanted them to based on when I thought I MIGHT have O'd.. well my AF came and it was SUPER SUPER SUPER light. It was mainly all spotting with less than 24 hours of real bleeding... then on CD 6 (yesterday), I got some blood tinged EWCM and checked my cervix and it was SHO... uh... what?! So then I think that's all a fluke but then I wake up this morning and my temp is up. I am SOOOOOOO hoping that this is ALL just a fluke because I'm pretty sure it's impossible to O on CD 6... so FX that tomorrow's temp is LOW. I'm so confused by my body... and I've been doing this charting crap for SEVEN years! I shouldn't get confused anymore, lol.

Jeri, Natural lovin' Mama to Elijah (9.29.03), Eden (10.2.06), and a little one lost along the way (1/12)., Step-monster to Shelby (18) and Stephen (16). Celebrating 12 years together with my soul-mate, Eric. Hoping for a rainbow1284.gif someday! 
#136 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Sweet.Bee:  I'm so sorry you're going through this pain - I so know how you feel!  I think you might be on to something when you say the pain might be caused by grinding.  I had all 4 of my wisdoms out before DS was born (they were growing along my jaw instead of up), but was still having pain after I'd healed from the surgery.  The dentist gave me a bite splint to wear while I'm asleep (kind of like a boxing mouthguard...  really weirdly uncomfortable until you get used to it).  It was an amazing help!  I don't wear it all the time now...  but if I wake up with a headache and/or jawache - I know it's time to start wearing it for a few days again (usually when I'm a bit more "stressed" than usual).  I don't know what I'd do without my bite splint!  I hope you are pain-free soon hug2.gif

lavatea:  hug2.gif

MBA:  I'm so totally jealous of your trip!!!  Sounds like you had a fantastic time.  AND you so deserve it.  upsidedown.gif

Kyamo:  Don't look at me, I'm crossing my fingers for you!  hide.gif

A2E:  that sucks!  I hope your body figures out what it's doing - and fast!!!  dizzy.gif

love.gifThanks for the birthday wishes ladies!  DH keeps asking if I'm okay...  do I need help getting off the couch....  do I need a nap....  funny bugger he thinks he is.  lol.gif

#137 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 04:42 PM

#138 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 04:43 PM

#139 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks lovely love.gif

Was just the way I like it...  very little acknowledgement and fuss!!  Oh, except from the hundred-odd messages on Stalkbook....  lol

DS had a playdate (which ended up lasting 4 hours!), then we came home and watched the 3rd Harry Potter movie (because DS had just finished reading the book).  Then good pizza and a fantastic red for dinner.  yummy.gif

#140 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Kyamo - Sorry for the new reason to obsess... fingers crossed that it's something good, but I'll try not to encourage the obsessing. If you don't mind my asking, do you have an male-factor issues, or is it just the PCOS?

Of course I don't mind questions.  No male-factor, it's all me.  lol

Happy birthday Music!

#141 of 433 Old 01-12-2011, 06:42 PM
rcr

Lavatea- thanks for the explanation. I grew up Catholic, but that kind of stuff was never discussed in Sunday school. wink1.gif

Music- happy birthday (although I assume Aussies are all.sleeping right now. Sounds like a perfect birthday.

#142 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks rcr love.gif

(it was about my lunchtime when you posted...  I'm getting ready to go to bed now winky.gif)

#143 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 05:10 AM

Happy birthday, music!

Keeping fingersx.gif for you, Kyamo. I think I've Oed finally, but I'm way behind you.

#144 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 AM

Glad you had a good birthday, music. Lol about "stalkbook".

Nothing to report over here. CD3, so I guess I'll start soy tonight. Hopefully I can remember all of the doses this time.

I started my new job on Monday, so we'll see how much of a challenge TTC will be while working an odd schedule. At least I'm not on nights yet. I have no idea how TTC is going to work once I switch over. Maybe I'll get pg this cycle and won't have to worry about it.

Well, I'm off to work on homeschooling DD and cleaning the house. My husband didn't let it get too bad out of shape the past three days, but there's still so much for me to do (maintenance plus more decluttering).

Thinking about all of you.

#145 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

I started my new job on Monday, so we'll see how much of a challenge TTC will be while working an odd schedule. At least I'm not on nights yet. I have no idea how TTC is going to work once I switch over. Maybe I'll get pg this cycle and won't have to worry about it.

That sucks about the schedule - what is the schedule?  Before I started this job in August, I was working 2 part time jobs, and one of them I frequently worked 3:45pm - 12:15 am.  My DH works 7-3, so on days where I had that shift, there was no chance at all of BD - I was heading out the door as he came in, and he would be sleeping when I got home.  The only consolation was that because I was part-time, I usually had 2-4 shifts per week and sometimes 1 of those was a daytime, so we could BD on the other days, or in the morning on the weekend.  But it certainly made TTC harder.  I am so thankful for my new schedule, even though this job is more boring.  

AFM - Minor nausea bothering me all day yesterday and today.  I think I will test in the morning.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.  

#146 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM

kyamo, oh i am on pins and needles for you with that nausea!!

can i ask you guys a question?  so i get this spotting pre-bleeding that is very very faint pink or light brown.. super light and practically even unnoticeable (as in, i'm not sure most people would even notice it).  I have to kind of strain to see it.  Usually, i'll only see it when i wipe- it doesn't make it to my underwear.  so this month and last, it started happening at 7dpo!!  usually, it's a little closer to the end of the LP. 

what is going on?  is this LP defect?  I did a prog. blood test 7dpo a few cycles ago and it was 11.2

Anyone have any thoughts?  could this be our problem?  Does anyone else have that happen?

thanks, ladies

My husband and I are trying to conceive again, while missing our beautiful daughter who was stillborn Jan. 2010
#147 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyamo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavatea View Post

That sucks about the schedule - what is the schedule?  Before I started this job in August, I was working 2 part time jobs, and one of them I frequently worked 3:45pm - 12:15 am.  My DH works 7-3, so on days where I had that shift, there was no chance at all of BD - I was heading out the door as he came in, and he would be sleeping when I got home.  The only consolation was that because I was part-time, I usually had 2-4 shifts per week and sometimes 1 of those was a daytime, so we could BD on the other days, or in the morning on the weekend.  But it certainly made TTC harder.  I am so thankful for my new schedule, even though this job is more boring.  

AFM - Minor nausea bothering me all day yesterday and today.  I think I will test in the morning.  I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high.  

When I actually get on nights I'll be working 7-7 (be gone from home 6:15-7:30/8ish). I'm not sure if I'll be on all weekends (my preference) or a rotating schedule. He's going to be working around my schedule but we're not sure of the details yet.

Fingers crossed for you!

#148 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Okay...  I have nothing really to post today (except that FF gave me crosshairs today that actually agree with what I think...  I O'ed on my b'day!!!  lol)

but.....

I was sent this...  and thought I'd share it with you lovely ladies for a bit of a giggle...  ;)

http://lovedbdb.com/nudemenClock/index2.html

(click on the clock to change between analog and digital.....)

#149 of 433 Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Kyamo, I'm hoping for you too!!!! Just had to pop in to say that!

ScarletJane, I have had that very light spotting pre-bleeding before, but never that early..More like 12dpo..I wish I knew the answer.

Music, fingers crossed for you too, birthday O girl!

AFM, I am very confused by my chart this time. I didn't keep track of my temps very well at the beginning of the chart because I was trying to de-obsess a little bit, and now I feel like I O'ed but my temps are super super low. But my boobs are sore, which only happens to me post O, so I'm still feeling like I did, and for some reason my temps are just wacky.??? My temps have flatlined around 97.18 to 97.2...so for sure not pg..it's just kind of stressful because I'm not sure if I O'ed or didn't. Sigh.

#150 of 433 Old 01-14-2011, 05:02 AM

scarletjane, I also get 1-2 days of light spotting like you described. It's just before the real flow starts, though, not in the middle of my LP. Maybe yours is implantation spotting?

lilmom, were you sick? Or maybe your sleeping conditions are different than usual?

music, I think Oing on your birthday could be lucky! How many DPO are you now? I'm 3DPO according to FF, which I think sounds right. Any other cycle buddies out there? smile.gif I'm trying not to get too ahead of myself and be so optimistic, but I just can't help myself. In a few days, I'm sure I'll be certain I'm pregnant. eyesroll.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page